Big East - Basketball Only Schools Leaving

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: Big East - Basketball Only Schools Leaving?

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Thorr is really going to have to earn his pay now, if URI wants to be one of the 8-9 or so, of the A10 that becomes a part of this new conference. If they go to 16 obviously.
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

What I see happening is a10 losing a couple top teams but then adds some other schools to replace them (obviously won't be the same caliber
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

St. Louis will go in a second, not so sure about Butler. Do they really want to be the one non-catholic school in the conference?
Regardless, TV revenues for the Big East 7 are going to drop. They know that, they're just going to try and keep the decrease as small as possible.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

If the A-10 were to lose 1-2 teams, URI would likely continue to be a member. This league though would be somehwat diminished. If the A-10 however lost 4-5 schools, I think URI would have to re-evaluate things. If say, X/Dayton/St Louis/Butler/Richmond all departed, I don't know if I would want URI to stay. If that were to occur, you would be left with SBU, Fordham, LaSalle, St. Joes, Duquense, GW, VCU, URI, and UMass (questionable with FBS football). I am not so sure this would be a good fit for URI. If VCU went back to the CAA, I might rather Rhody go with them as it is mostly state universities. A new CAA with both VCU and GMU seems more palatable than a new A-10 with mostly all small Catholics. Very uncertain times ahead.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Again, I ask: what if the remaining BCS Big East schools keep the name and add other schools and
reshuffle their league? Certainly, UMass would be a logical get for them. Suppose they absorb most of the A-10?
Crickets?
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

The whole football-only, basketball-only, membership thing is going to go away. The Big East's goal is to somehow stay in the BCS, adding basketball-only schools or low-level football schools (UMass) wouldn't help their cause. Down the road, when the Big East - BCS thing officially dies, they probably do add UMass.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Missing my point.
You have UConn, USF, UC, Memphis, Central FL, SMU and Temple, which can't stand by themselves, when the Catholics leave.
They have no place to go.
Wouldn't it behoove them to grab 8 schools, remain the Big East, and go on as a recomposed conference?
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

I think I am missing it. Those 7 schools need football schools, the A-10 doesn't have that with the exception of UMass.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Brendan Prunty‏@BrendanPrunty

" Source said that Cincinnati/USF/UConn will "fight like hell" to keep portions of remaining Big East assets if lg breaks/dissolves."

They need to have a conference to survive, football or not. They also have other sports. They've been in the Big East with non football schools, anyway. Obvioulsy they survived this far without a football only league.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

SI confirms it: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/news/2 ... asketball/

Key point: "One thing is certain, the seven breakaway Catholic schools will not join the Atlantic-10 as ESPN reported as a possibility earlier this week.
Instead, they will likely use their brands and leverage to poach the Atlantic-10."
Slava Ukraini!
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

I guess I'm assuming they go all out to stay in the BCS, if they do, they're going to need to act like a BCS conference. They're the only ones that do the football-only thing and now the basketball schools are leaving money on the table to get out of it. Maybe they see the writing on the wall with the BCS and continue looking at non-football members but with the #1 priority being football, I think that would be a surprise but who knows.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

The Catholic schools can do whatever they want and in a couple years it won't matter. Lincoln, Neb., Starkville, Miss., and Pullman, Wash., will be worth more than Boston, New York and Philadelphia because the BCS cartel will squeeze everyone else off the air. They'll be able to tell the networks, "you want our football? Then you'll take all our basketball inventory."
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Rhody74 wrote:
adam914 wrote:I think now all we can hope for is that they join the A10 rather than poach from the A10.
I would, too, but I don't think that's likely. According to http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId= ... =1cf2i&wjb A10 schools only make $350K from their TV contract. Even the basketball-only BE schools make at least triple that. I don't think a combined BE7-A10 would be able to get a contract like the current Big East, especially if you have overlapping markets like RI, Philly, DC, and New York.

Sadly, it seems more likely that X, Dayton, Butler and St. Louis will go to the b-ball only Big East, with a 12th team to be named later.
Oh yeah I completely agree its not likely, just what I am hoping for at this point...
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

This sucks.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

As much as this whole thing puts Rhody on shaky ground, imagine being UConn right now? If you go back a couple years and think about what the athletic department was nationally - you're talking an elite athletic department with good programs and terrific resources. Now they are a prince without a kingdom.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Again, I ask: what if the remaining BCS Big East schools keep the name and add other schools and
reshuffle their league? Certainly, UMass would be a logical get for them. Suppose they absorb most of the A-10?
Crickets?
Rod, I think the issue would be that they dont have the numbers and the 7 basketball schools would beat them in a vote to keep the name and rights. Unless I am misunderstanding something.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

OK, forget the name rights.
These schools still need an all sports conference to compete in,
regardless of football. It would be a great basketball conference, with UConn, Temple,
et al. Plus the UConn women's basketball prgram is gold.
Since the C7 are leaving, how could they maintain the name?
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

We are in deep trouble. PC coming out on the right side of this disaster adds insult to injury.
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

TruePoint wrote:As much as this whole thing puts Rhody on shaky ground, imagine being UConn right now? If you go back a couple years and think about what the athletic department was nationally - you're talking an elite athletic department with good programs and terrific resources. Now they are a prince without a kingdom.

I would much rather be UConn
Clapton is God
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

PC winding up in a better conference than us changes what about the status quo, exactly? Its been that way for thirty years. Our conference will be worse than its been if it loses Xavier and Dayton in addition to Temple having already left (note:maybe they'll come back now?). But look how much worse the league that PC is in (whatever its called) will be compared to the league they were in five or ten years ago. Xavier, Butler and Georgetown are good names and middle-tier powers in college basketball, but its not exactly UConn, Syracuse and Louisville. And comparing the middle of those leagues is an even bigger joke.

Look, it will definitely be better for URI if it ends up in a big hybrid league with the C7s, but that looks like it might be a long shot. If the C7 adds 3 or 5 teams and leaves the A10 with a 10 or 12 teams (Creighton will end up in one of these leagues I'm assuming), URI could be in a position to emerge as a top program in a 2-3 bid league, and PC could be toward the bottom of a 4-6 bid league. I'm sorry, but as much as I'd prefer there be a bigger league and for us to be in it, if it doesn't work out we can't sit around feeling bad for ourselves. Have to be prepared to make the best of whatever situation we find ourselves in; everything else is out of our control.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

gorhody89 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:As much as this whole thing puts Rhody on shaky ground, imagine being UConn right now? If you go back a couple years and think about what the athletic department was nationally - you're talking an elite athletic department with good programs and terrific resources. Now they are a prince without a kingdom.

I would much rather be UConn
It's all relative. That's like if you have $1000 and saying you'd rather be a guy with $1500, even though the guy with $1500 had $5,000,000 yesterday and lost it all. Sure, you'd rather have the extra five hundred, but I'm sure that guy is much more traumatized than you are.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

rodfromcranston wrote: Since the C7 are leaving, how could they maintain the name?
From what I understand from the various articles, and again I could be totally misunderstanding since this is all very confusing, they would essentially be voting to drop the other members as opposed to it being the C7 "leaving" and that gives them the right to maintain the name and then add new schools.

Its a matter of semantics to a point, which I'm sure will lead to some legal battles.
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

lol so they are gonna vote to drop Uconn and Cinci...two very good basketball schools...none of this makes any sense to me
Clapton is God
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

gorhody89 wrote:lol so they are gonna vote to drop Uconn and Cinci...two very good basketball schools...none of this makes any sense to me
It makes sense. They are dividing the league on football/non-football grounds. The irony is that UConn and UC are traditionally basketball schools that tried to emphasize football to better position themselves for the future. Talk about your all-time backfires.
BarlowHall05
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by BarlowHall05 »

TruePoint wrote:... I'm sorry, but as much as I'd prefer there be a bigger league and for us to be in it, if it doesn't work out we can't sit around feeling bad for ourselves. Have to be prepared to make the best of whatever situation we find ourselves in; everything else is out of our control.
Feeling bad about my Rams with a bottle (or a glass) of my best Irish Whiskey is exactly what I'm going to do, if this doomsday scenario does play out.
RhodyNJ
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RhodyNJ »

No basis for this idea other than my own thoughts but...

The way it's looking the BE7 are staying together, taking Xavier, Butler, St. Louis and possibly 1 or 2 more (2 A10 or 1 A10 and Creighton).

That's going to leave the UConn's, Cincy's, USF's with the rest of the BE football schools looking for a conference or adding more (can't wait to see who they add next)

If the A10 is a shell of it's formal self and were left with a home slate where our best game is going to be our 6th best game now why not look to join up with the football schools from the Big East (obviously not for football but everything else)? I'd rather play Cincy, UConn, Temple, USF, UCF instead of St Bonnie, LaSalle, Duquense, Fordham, etc.

Just a thought...
Ben
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Ben »

The net result of all of this could be even worse. What if we end up in some shit conference in a year or 2 and the Hurleys look at it and say, "This is no better than where we were before coming to URI." ??? They could conceivably leave because the conference that we land in will not be strong enough for them to achieve what they want to achieve.

Not to look at the glass as half-full... But, I've got a really bad feeling about all of this.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

RhodyNJ wrote:If the A10 is a shell of it's formal self and were left with a home slate where our best game is going to be our 6th best game now why not look to join up with the football schools from the Big East (obviously not for football but everything else)? I'd rather play Cincy, UConn, Temple, USF, UCF instead of St Bonnie, LaSalle, Duquense, Fordham, etc.

Just a thought...

Such a league would likely be highly unstable as many of the football schools would be looking to get out at the first opportunity. A hybrid of FBS football schools with non-FBS football schools is a risky proposition. Just look at the current current Big East or history of the A-10. Penn State, Va Tech, Rutgers, WVU, Temple, and Charlotte have all moved from the A-10 for FBS football and UMass would have if the right opportunity was out there.

I don't like being in an A-10 with all the small Catholics like SBU, Fordham, Duquense, St. Joe, or LaSalle. I however would be very wary about associating with schools such as UConn, Cinci, etc that have different needs (i.e. FBS football) than URI. At that point I would almost prefer URI look at a CAA model for all sports with the remaining non FBS publics along the east coast (VCU, George Mason, W&M, JMU, Towson, Delaware, Albany, Stony Brook, UNH, and Maine). It would at least have stability and somehwat similar members. It however would not be really sexy but neither would be a watered down A-10 if its best schools bolted.

I was hoping we were still a few years away from this happening. I thought there was still enough tv money for the Catholics to stay in the Big East with alternatives even worse. The fact that the hybrid isn't commanding top dollar is not totally surprising. The big shock to me is that some are saying that they can get more tv money out on their own. I had thought they would see money closer to what the new A-10 tv contract would pay out (375k each/yr). I saw a report out there that indicated that the Catholics think they can get more than the current Big East money on their own with no football (more than 1.5 each/yr. That surprises me.
RhodyNJ
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RhodyNJ »

Ugh you're probably right, the CAA... geesh.
RF1 wrote:
RhodyNJ wrote:If the A10 is a shell of it's formal self and were left with a home slate where our best game is going to be our 6th best game now why not look to join up with the football schools from the Big East (obviously not for football but everything else)? I'd rather play Cincy, UConn, Temple, USF, UCF instead of St Bonnie, LaSalle, Duquense, Fordham, etc.

Just a thought...

Such a league would likely be highly unstable as many of the football schools would be looking to get out at the first opportunity. A hybrid of FBS football schools with non-FBS football schools is a risky proposition. Just look at the current current Big East or history of the A-10. Penn State, Va Tech, Rutgers, WVU, Temple, and Charlotte have all moved from the A-10 for FBS football and UMass would have if the right opportunity was out there.

I don't like being in an A-10 with all the small Catholics like SBU, Fordham, Duquense, St. Joe, or LaSalle. I however would be very wary about associating with schools such as UConn, Cinci, etc that have different needs (i.e. FBS football) than URI. At that point I would almost prefer URI look at a CAA model for all sports with the remaining non FBS publics along the east coast (VCU, George Mason, W&M, JMU, Towson, Delaware, Albany, Stony Brook, UNH, and Maine). It would at least have stability and somehwat similar members. It however would not be really sexy but neither would be a watered down A-10 if its best schools bolted.

I was hoping we were still a few years away from this happening. I thought there was still enough tv money for the Catholics to stay in the Big East with alternatives even worse. The fact that the hybrid isn't commanding top dollar is not totally surprising. The big shock to me is that some are saying that they can get more tv money out on their own. I had thought they would see money closer to what the new A-10 tv contract would pay out (375k each/yr). I saw a report out there that indicated that the Catholics think they can get more than the current Big East money on their own with no football (more than 1.5 each/yr. That surprises me.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

"W&M, JMU, Towson, Delaware, Albany, Stony Brook, UNH, and Maine"
Wow! That ought to make Dan and staff want to remain here.
God, that's a total cesspool of additions.
Think Big? Not!
Associations with UConn, Cincy, et al, would boost the program's image, and enable
Hurley to recruit at a higher level. Worry about where UConn and CU go, afterwards.
It's a hell of a lot better than the crap mentioned by RF1.
What else is at stake, legally is, who wins the battle for naming rights and automatic bids.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Oh man, you guys are depressing me!
Slava Ukraini!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

If the A-10 loses 2-3 schools, why pile lousy schools like,
W&M, JMU, Towson, Albany, Stony Brook, UNH, and Maine?
Why, for the lousy football we play?
I'd rather see them use some intiative and go after Old Dominion, George Mason,
and maybe Delaware, at least.
The small thinking is counterproductive. There's no benefit to bringing in the worst D-1 basketball
program in NCAA history, in UNH, and that bunch mentioned It just adds nothing but a small time image,
to a once decent conference.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Slava Ukraini!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

That article does a pretty good job of breaking it all down.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I agree with Rod. If bulking up to 16 and spreading across the country didn't insulate us, maybe we should take a different tack. Maybe ODU makes sense, maybe not. George Mason would be a better fit. I'd like to see the A10 slim down, maybe all the way back to a 12 or even 10 team league (radical, I know), with teams with similar goals and resources and geographies. That is what conferences were meant to be in the first place. I'm not saying go totally regional and play with Stony Brook, Sacred Heart and BU. I'm saying take the best A10 teams left, look for similarly situated programs that will commit long term and commit to putting resources into their program, and roll from there.

I hate to be cliche, but it is what it is. There is still a workable situation here and a road to putting this program where we have long said we want it to be: contending for a bid every year and going dancing at least 2 out of every 5 years, and hopefully even more frequently. You put together a healthy middle class league and it can get 3 bids per year, and sometimes more. Set out to compete at the top of that league every year and go from there. That would be my approach assuming the C7 picks off the top of the A10 and we remain here with VCU, Richmond, St Joes, etc.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Hey I am not thrilled with the conference I mentioned of all the east coast public non-FCS football schools. It would at least have two recent final four teams in VCU and GMU and offer some stability. I really don't like the look of the leftovers in a decimated A-10. The option of aligning with Temple, Uconn, Cinic, etc is at first appealing but I don' think it makes much sense given they are all gone at the first chance given football aspirations. URI must be careful not to join a conference where it could be the last stnading and then have to accept whatever scrap it could get. URI is likely going to have to pick the best option from mostly bad alternatives. That is why I have been hoping the Big East hybrid would survive.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Ben wrote:The net result of all of this could be even worse. What if we end up in some shit conference in a year or 2 and the Hurleys look at it and say, "This is no better than where we were before coming to URI." ??? They could conceivably leave because the conference that we land in will not be strong enough for them to achieve what they want to achieve.

Not to look at the glass as half-full... But, I've got a really bad feeling about all of this.
One of the things that pushed Hurley to URI was that he realized he could have a very good team at Wagner and not make the tournament because they were in a one-bid league. Like Ben says, if URI now ends up in a one-bid league then Hurley would find himself in the same situation and be more likely to bolt at the first good opportunity.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RF1, I mostly agree but don't think all of the alternatives are that terrible. Joining with UConn and UC is just doubling down on a bad strategy and kicking the problem down the road. Both of those schools, and any others like it, are jumping at the first opportunity to bolt and will leave you with truly nothing.

Right now, there are enough middle class programs in the east part of the country to put together a leaner and more balanced A10 that can still be a 2-4 bid league made up of like minded and similarly situated programs. The key is shedding the 4 or so hopeless programs and identifying the right replacements, hopefully ending up with 10 teams (depending on who the C7 ends up taking).

Rhody
VCU
Richmond
St. Joes
George Mason

Then it gets dicey. Hopefully UMass would stay, but I'd like to get them to drop their hair-brained football experiment, or at least agree to a prohibitive buyout in the event their basketball team were to leave. Maybe you could get guarantees from GW and Duquesne to commit to certain benchmarks in terms of resources. That's eight teams and enough continuity to maintain the autobid.

Rhody
VCU
Richmond
St. Joes
George Mason
UMass
Duquesne
George Washington

Then the hunt would be on for two more schools that would commit to the same bench marks as Duquesne and GW. I think Albany would be a good candidate, and maybe Iona. Would certainly want to be in New York to some degree.

Rhody
VCU
Richmond
St. Joes
George Mason
UMass
Duquesne
George Washington
Albany
Iona

Alternatively, if you did want to go a little further west, Cleveland State and Wright State could be interesting candidates. Even further west you could look at Wichita State and Bradley.

I know its not as sexy as Butler, Xavier, Dayton, Georgetown, etc., but its not terrible. I would rather do this kind of conference than gambling on joining up with schools with serious BCS football aspirations, or going all over the country to find like-minded schools (playing Gonzaga would be great but traveling around the damn world to do it every year would be a lot, especially for non-revenue sports). If we could get a 10 like this together and invite UConn and Temple to be 11 and 12, I'd be ok with that, too. But having a core of teams that are in it for the long haul should be the primary concern right now.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Drop Fordham, LaSalle, St. Bon ... to add Albany?
I don't get that.
I can see dropping the bottom schools to join the Catholic 7 but if that doesn't happen I don't see the A10 dropping teams since they're already need to add at least 3 more schools.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

#depressed
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Yeah I don't know for sure about Albany. Just throwing something out there - obviously this was not a fully researched and developed plan. It's a big school that has shown some life and desire to get better on occasion, unlike Fordham and LaSalle. I see a big state school as having the ability to improve if they decide they want to, unlike the A10 cellar dwellers. Not married to any of it, just if I were involved in the process I would try to find the best current fits rather than sticking with schools just because you were with them before. If ever there were a time for longterm strategic thinking, this would be it.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Agree with Iggy.
If the C7 take Xavier and Dayton, we're still OK.
Why would Bulter and VCU want to join a league of Catholic private schools?
Just find then number of teams needed tp add or better yet,
just leave the schools we have and play a better OOC schedule.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Losing X and Dayton will leave SLU and Butler as the only midwestern schools in the A-10. I can't imagine they'd be happy with that.
Slava Ukraini!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

If they left both Butler and SLU, it would be a coup for us. Drop LaSalle and Fordham, add two of the four Midwest teams I mentioned above (Wichita, Wright or Cleveland State, or Bradley). Boom. Now you're at twelve and have pretty good geographic coverage. I would take that all day.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

In almost any scenario, the A10 is going to have to get better at the bottom: as in drop the 2 or 3 bottom feeders with little or no resources or facilities.

We do know this: If the BE 7 get their new league, X is gone. Dayton will follow most likely. I don't know if the C7 would want St Louis. I also doubt they will take either Butler or VCU. Both programs' huge success lately is solely a product of their coaches, Stevens and Smart. Those guys won't be there forever. They don't have the big arenas either.

Of course, if VCU and Butler ARE invited, then both coaches would most likely stay for the long haul, as the new conference would be the best non BCS BB league out there.

I would say URI has one more year to get good, and improve their bargaining position if they want to be a part of any discussion. Right now as things stand, if this was poker, URI doesn't have enough chips to stay in the game.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Imo, Fordham, Bonnies, LaSalle belong in the MAAC.

Replace them with the aforementioned Cleveland St., Bradley, and GMU.

What else is around here? Fairfield?
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

Well, well, well TruePoint you banned me for 24 hours when I didn't name call to any posters here nor did I talk badly about URI in any way. All I did was try to tell you what was going to happen and you didn't want to hear it, so to shut me up you banned me. There was nothing I did that should have caused me to be banned except for the fact that I'm a PC grad, and the fact that the info I was trying to convey to you wasn't necessarily in the best interest of URI basketball.

But it's alright because with the breaking news today about the BE7, I have been vindicated. You see I said they would split from the footballers and I was right. I also said that XU, Dayton, Butler and SLU all wanted to leave the A10 to join forces with the BE7 and the info coming out from numerous news sources today seem to back me up. What I'm hearing is XU, Dayton and Butler will join up with the BE7 to form a 10 team league. BTW why would Butler join a bunch of catholic institutions? Well let's start with the fact that their new President was hired from his VP position at Villanova. I also believe that in a couple of years SLU and Creighton will be added.

BTW did you happen to read the SI piece stating that the bballers received $1.5 million a year from TV money while teamed up with the footballers, but by leaving, their new TV contract could give each school upwards of $2 MIL?

So if you must...ban me again, but be man enough to admit it was because you didn't like the truths I told, and not for misbehavior.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

No Brutus, I didn't ban you. First of all. I sent you to timeout because you weren't participating in the discussion. I never said you were wrong, I said you presenting rumor as fact. As it happened, those rumors turned out to be on point. So kudos on that, but you didn't get sent to timeout for having a different opinion, you got sent to timeout for repeating yourself over and over again and not being responsive in the discussion.

You're welcome to participate here as someone with an outside perspective, but if you troll you go to timeout.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

VCU's arena is about the same size as The Ryan Center, and was built
in 1999.
Hinkle Fieldhouse at Butler, must've had the same guys renovate that place that did Keaney Gym.
Their capacity went from 15,000 to 10,000!
Fairfield? Why not Bryant? Ugh!

Brutus-"let's start with the fact that their new President was hired from his VP position at Villanova"
Gee, Dave Dooley was hired from Montana, maybe that means we're going to the Big Sky?
Eddy Eddy was from Penn State. Gee, we should have joined the Big 10. Oh wait, they raided the A-10 for PSU, while Eddy Eddy was here.
You're just here to go, "nya! nya! nya!" I hear that from my 4 year old and 2 year old granddaughters.
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

TruePoint wrote:No Brutus, I didn't ban you. First of all. I sent you to timeout because you weren't participating in the discussion. I never said you were wrong, I said you presenting rumor as fact. As it happened, those rumors turned out to be on point. So kudos on that, but you didn't get sent to timeout for having a different opinion, you got sent to timeout for repeating yourself over and over again and not being responsive in the discussion.

You're welcome to participate here as someone with an outside perspective, but if you troll you go to timeout.
No you're wrong TP, YOU thought I was spewing rumors, when in reality, I was giving you facts from insiders. You have no idea who I am or who I know so how do you know if I was giving you rumors or facts?

BTW, I was told again last night that XU, Dayton, Butler and SLU are all on board if/when they are asked. Once again that's a fact that I know not rumor.