FB schedule released

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

FB schedule released

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Slava Ukraini!
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Re: FB schedule released

Unread post by OBRAM »

Only 1 home game until October, and Family Day is in November which is late.

As typical in the CAA, a very demanding schedule.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Date Opponent Result Time/Status Links

Sat. 09-06 at Marshall TBA
Sat. 09-13 at Fordham TBA
Sat. 09-20 Albany * 1:00 PM EDT
Sat. 09-27 at Central Connecticut TBA Live stats
Sat. 10-04 Brown 1:00 PM EDT
Sat. 10-11 at Villanova * TBA
Sat. 10-18 at Richmond * TBA
Sat. 10-25 Maine * 12:00 PM EDT Homecoming
Sat. 11-01 at Delaware * TBA
Sat. 11-08 New Hampshire * 12:30 PM EST Family Day
Sat. 11-15 at Stony Brook * TBA
Sat. 11-22 Towson * 12:30 PM EST
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

As much as I love summer, I am really looking forward to football season this fall.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I would really like to see Bryant replace Fordham, who we seem to play every year, going forward. I don't see what we get out of playing Fordham, but at least seasons like this with an almost non-existent home schedule the first half of the season, a game at Bryant could serve as a way for us to see the team live with minimal travel. Stagger it so we play there when we have Brown at home and have Bryant at Meade when we're at Brown.
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

I wonder if it is because we have nothing to gain from playing Bryant, and lots to lose. I heard thru the grapevine, that if URI had a D-1 Hockey Team PC would not play us for the same reason.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Well the fans would gain a lot by having an easy trip to an away game every other year and a nice potential rivalry where we've lost two in the last decade with UConn and UMass moving up to FBS. Also the program would gain more recognition in the state. URI-Brown is the URI game that garners the most coverage every year, and starting an in state rivalry with Bryant would create similar coverage for our team. And I don't see what we'd lose. Not playing a local opponent because it might give them a little extra recognition is small time thinking. And what do we gain from playing Fordham every year other than an ass-whooping?
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

Well, not sure the team we had the last two year could have beaten Bryant, and I recall, we have held our own against Fordham recently. You have to hand it to Bryant, there athletic program now I would say is better than ours, with baseballl, softball, golf, and lacrosse going to post season play, and even football until last year had been better at Bryant.
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

Who is Bryant?
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I think 6-6 is in play, which would mean a winning record against non-BCS teams. It's a stretch, but it's in play. Would be a major step in the right direction.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Hal Kopp wrote:Who is Bryant?

The school in Smithfield new to D1 Athletics that has surpassed the Rhody Athletic Dept in just a few short years.
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Who will be taking snaps at QB? Kolt Peavy seemed to be in line to start with the old regime, but Coach has brought in Mack Lowrie from BC. Word is also that the kid from Maryland, Luke Casey has been impressive and had a really good performance at the Spring game.
Any chance that Coach Fleming brings in any other D1 transfers?
Rhody4012016
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rhody4012016 »

I think one of the cool stories this season is Mark Murphy. Coming from Narragansett as a walk on to being a starting defensive end. there was a write up in the independent about it. The kid has so much heart and is a good representative of URI.

And as far as the QB battle goes I believe it is between Casey and Mack. Fleming said there would still be evaluations stretching through summer camp. I am not sure about any other transfers right now but i can look in to it.
Give me football or give me death