My Mother Always Used To Say.....

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
skclayramsfan
Abdul Fox

Re: My Mother Always Used To Say.....

Unread post by skclayramsfan »

I post like 5 times a year at this point, but have followed the URI boards going back to the real old projo boards. Remember you, Milan, ben, neil etc. Please don't leave the board cause of a few morons. The board will be a lot worse off for it. I am sure there a ton of lurkers like myself that feel the exact same way.
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
Smokinjimit wrote:I would say gbr is a knowledgable troll. I doubt he is a URI fan. I have no doubts about Where Rods heart is.
Name dropping obscure stats doesn't make you knowledgable, especially when you don't know how to apply them. Take the Munford debate. He was pointing out how Munford's poor shooting percentage was stopping EC from growing and that EC was developing bad habits. Do any of you see how stunted EC has been lately? Exactly. GBG is just a plain troll. A total fraud.
Nice try, dope. I said I hope he doesn't develop the same habits. EC has been great.
Captainron@
Kenny Green

Unread post by Captainron@ »

Please don't take this the wrong way, but as one who has followed this board since the old AOL days, I wouldn't worry. The over/ under of folks who promise to quit forever is about 2 games. Usually less.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

The last guy I thought would pull a Jordan hare was rodfromcranston, maybe robfrompawtucket but not rodfromcranston.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Ben
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Ben »

TruePoint wrote:
ATPTourFan wrote: You, coming here and acting like you're the only person who knows what's going on, continue to build your own reputation. Believe it or not, GBG, we're not all idiots who need your guidance and insight.
Kind of Ben-ish in this regard. That was always my issue with Ben, and he would make it seem like he was unpopular because he was the only one "speaking the truth!!" but it was really just that I didn't like the condescending tone of his posts. As BAR has correctly pointed out recently, just because you haven't lit your own hair on fire doesn't mean you are satisfied with what you are seeing on the court.
Aaaaaaaaand... there you have it.

:roll:
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Ben wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
ATPTourFan wrote: You, coming here and acting like you're the only person who knows what's going on, continue to build your own reputation. Believe it or not, GBG, we're not all idiots who need your guidance and insight.
Kind of Ben-ish in this regard. That was always my issue with Ben, and he would make it seem like he was unpopular because he was the only one "speaking the truth!!" but it was really just that I didn't like the condescending tone of his posts. As BAR has correctly pointed out recently, just because you haven't lit your own hair on fire doesn't mean you are satisfied with what you are seeing on the court.
Aaaaaaaaand... there you have it.

:roll:
Not sure what you mean, but if you have been running around telling everyone that I generally agreed with your opinions about the program but found your delivery nearly intolerable, I'm more than happy to verify that for you.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Ben
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Ben »

Yeah, nice try. That's not what you said where I quoted you. Feel free to call me "intolerable" or whatever you prefer. But, you're the one who is calling people out (unprovoked), taking shots, etc. It's that type of behavior here that validates what Rod is trying to say. ...And, what I have said for that matter. So, keep on keepin' on.
Surfri72
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Surfri72 »

yawn
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Gonebarongone wrote:You want me to post my birth certificate from South County hospital?
That explains a lot! PeeCee fans from SoCo are the WORST!! At least have the balls to admit you're a PeeCee fan trolling a rivals board.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Running Ram wrote:
Gonebarongone wrote:You want me to post my birth certificate from South County hospital?
That explains a lot! PeeCee fans from SoCo are the WORST!! At least have the balls to admit you're a PeeCee fan trolling a rivals board.
You are not helping.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

I'm sorry, but I'm tired of taking the high road with regards to some folks, especially the ones who refuse to take the high road themselves. GBG shit up Rod's goodbye (hopefully short hiatus) thread. He couldn't just say something along the lines of "I don't want anyone to leave the board." and leave it at that, he had to try to point out things that are obvious to him, but disrespectful to Rod. Who cares if Rod reminds us of the history he has with and knows about the program, he should remind us. I love reading the recollections of those devout Ram fans that go back before me. Most of us more frequent posters cross a line now and again, but realize it and stop, maybe even address and apologize, but this guy just can't shut his trolling pie-hole.
Go Rhody!!!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Fine. I appreciate how you feel, but going back and forth isn't likely to diffuse the situation.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I, for one, really miss Rod's assessment of last night's game. He's always point on with this.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Okay, I'm a little raw about it this morning, I mean it when I compare our community to a family and I get uncomfortable when someone or something rattles my family. We're not all friends, we're family, we don't have to like each other but we should show at least some respect for one and other and some folks should have a larger cache of respect due than others. Rod's due some respect in this current development and GBG just won't give an inch, if he was truly a fan of Rhody he would realize the significance of "The Voice in the Wilderness," he obviously isn't a fan and I feel weird letting a non-fan disrespect one of the truest fans unchecked. I'll try to do better...
Go Rhody!!!
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Running Ram wrote:Okay, I'm a little raw about it this morning, I mean it when I compare our community to a family and I get uncomfortable when someone or something rattles my family. We're not all friends, we're family, we don't have to like each other but we should show at least some respect for one and other and some folks should have a larger cache of respect due than others. Rod's due some respect in this current development and GBG just won't give an inch, if he was truly a fan of Rhody he would realize the significance of "The Voice in the Wilderness," he obviously isn't a fan and I feel weird letting a non-fan disrespect one of the truest fans unchecked. I'll try to do better...
Good man, Running Ram!!!!!!!!
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

ramfan85 wrote:I, for one, really miss Rod's assessment of last night's game. He's always point on with this.
I, too, missed: "Okay, just got back from the game……"
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Running Ram wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm tired of taking the high road with regards to some folks, especially the ones who refuse to take the high road themselves. GBG shit up Rod's goodbye (hopefully short hiatus) thread. He couldn't just say something along the lines of "I don't want anyone to leave the board." and leave it at that, he had to try to point out things that are obvious to him, but disrespectful to Rod. Who cares if Rod reminds us of the history he has with and knows about the program, he should remind us. I love reading the recollections of those devout Ram fans that go back before me. Most of us more frequent posters cross a line now and again, but realize it and stop, maybe even address and apologize, but this guy just can't shut his trolling pie-hole.
Rod's goodbye thread????? What is wrong with some of you people? It's a message board. I don't give a rat's ass about whether you think I am a fan or not. Stop wasting your most likely invaluable time and go back to mouth breathing elsewhere. I like Rhody bball and will speak my mind. I won't kowtow to some dope who has to trot out all the people that say hi to him in a concourse to validate his existence. Give me a freaking break. I also don't care what you love. If you want to go tickle Rod, at least buy him dinner first.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

no one believes you like Rhody bball, so tell that shit to some redneck in your neighborhood who is dumb enough to believe it. you have an agenda and you aren't even slick enough to mask it. your shit is tired and a broken record.
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

I never asked if you're a fan or not, GBG. I'm neither going to buy Rod dinner nor tickle him. I'm not kow-towing to anyone, but no one is going to make any board-friends or have any real discourse with the back-and-forth name-calling, etc.,
It's clear you can speak your mind, write whatever you want, just as the rest of us do. So, some have chosen to support Rod, what's the problem with that? That's their right according to you, it's a message board. Don't take it so personally. It must be getting to you, if you had to respond in such a manner. People would give you "a freaking break" if you did "care what you (we) love," because very clearly, GBG, that's URI Basketball, and like it or not, Rod's part of that world, plain and simple.
So, in my estimation, stop wasting your invaluable time, and drop this nonsense, and make some board-friends.
Very sincerely,
Bressler
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

OK, that is enough of this.