Tyson Wheeler/Kris Dunn

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Tyson Wheeler/Kris Dunn

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

For New London to retire Kris Dunn's number without having done so first for Tyson Wheeler is a real slap in the face.
Dunn broke Tyson's scoring record at the school, and there's no doubt Dunn is worthy. But he's a sophomore in college, one who hasn't played much. What's the hurry? Tyson played in an Elite 8 game and had a great college career.
http://www.theday.com/article/20140211/ ... 3/0/SEARCH
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: Tyson Wheeler/Kris Dunn

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Ridiculous!
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Wow!!! Really a slap in the face. Wonder why? Tyson was a 30+ scorer his senior year. His college career was amazing. Still my favorite Ram of all time.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

What a joke. Tyson must be thrilled.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

It seems odd that they are starting off with Dunn, yeah, who's very much still an active prospect. Why not go with Wheeler? Just because he's done playing and what not. I also imagine that there are other players from before Wheeler's time that they might want to retire numbers for. (Although, I wasn't aware that retiring HS numbers was a thing anyway.)
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

My guess is someone is hopeing Dunn will play pro ball someday and give back to the school. At this point in time that is long shot.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Weak... very weak. Why the hurry?? Smells fishy.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Tyson is pissed
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Essam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Essam »

Notice that Prov. Journal had in its article that Dunn was considering leaving but that Dunn denied it.