David Cox officially let go by URI (formerly, "Fire Cox")

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Re: FIRE COX

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago I truly believe, based on everything I've seen and heard since Cox took over, that he could coach here for 20 years and not make the NCAA tourney once.

Just like Baron, he would have years where we would be better than others, but not good enough to make it.

Even Baron made 5 NIT'S in 11 years. Cox would not do even that.

Whether it's not enough talent, or not enough coaching, or a combination of the two, it's just not enough, period.

If that's what Thorr wants, then that's what he'll get if he extends Cox.

There is approximately a 0.0000000% chance Cox could be here for 20 years with no NCAAs, and you don’t actually believe that for a second.

You definitely wish that though, for the sole purpose of being able to whine and complain day in and day out.

People can get pissed at me all they want for calling people out on posts, but when I see posts that are so ridiculous, I’m saying something every damn time.
To be clear Rhody 15, are you arguing that if Cox coached 20 years here that he would make at least one tournament or that Cox wouldn't be allowed to coach here 20 years without making it?
Clearly it's the latter.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago I truly believe, based on everything I've seen and heard since Cox took over, that he could coach here for 20 years and not make the NCAA tourney once.

Just like Baron, he would have years where we would be better than others, but not good enough to make it.

Even Baron made 5 NIT'S in 11 years. Cox would not do even that.

Whether it's not enough talent, or not enough coaching, or a combination of the two, it's just not enough, period.

If that's what Thorr wants, then that's what he'll get if he extends Cox.

There is approximately a 0.0000000% chance Cox could be here for 20 years with no NCAAs, and you don’t actually believe that for a second.

You definitely wish that though, for the sole purpose of being able to whine and complain day in and day out.

People can get pissed at me all they want for calling people out on posts, but when I see posts that are so ridiculous, I’m saying something every damn time.
To be clear Rhody 15, are you arguing that if Cox coached 20 years here that he would make at least one tournament or that Cox wouldn't be allowed to coach here 20 years without making it?
Wouldn't be allowed to coach here 20 years without making it. Not a chance in hell.
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rambone wasn't saying he'd be allowed to coach here for 20 years without making it, he was saying that if you gave Cox 20 opportunities here he wouldn't be able to make it once
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago Rambone wasn't saying he'd be allowed to coach here for 20 years without making it, he was saying that if you gave Cox 20 opportunities here he wouldn't be able to make it once
I just can't disagree with this statement more - nothing has shown me he is completely stubborn and complacent like Baron was. We have capable players, they are making improvements (Carey is getting better, Bassy is looking good, Makhel looks strong, Walker is a beast). I think we are very close to be a very good team. We have led late in every game except PC. The Defense is back to a really high level, the offense is better even if there are some shot selection issues and some forcing to/by Makhi (IMHO). The team needs to learn to finish games and fight through the offensive lulls. There is no reason they can't go on a run from here. No team in the A10 scares me, there is no Dayton to run into late in the season like 2 years ago to pull the wind out of late season push (we went into that Dayton game near the bubble and a win or close loss would have pushed us - instead we got shown up by a 1 seed).
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

"Nothing has shown you he is stubborn and complacent"? Honestly, what program are you watching? Go back and read posts from the first season, it's all the same issues. Cox hasn't grown or changed anything in four years. I mean look at the usage of the players, starting with Antwan Walker. Cox has a script for players usage and timeouts and does not deviate from it. He still allows certain players to run the program and do whatever they want.

"We have led late every game". Yeah, and Cox' poor coaching has cost us games.

As for the talent, I don't see how he's ever going to get a team as talented as his second year here. Fatts Russell was first team all A10, all-defensive team and played out of his mind for a while, Jeff Dowtin made third team even though Cox had him playing out of position, Cyril Langevine averaged a double double, Tyrese Martin averaged 12.8 points and 7.1 rebounds a game, and not even that had us place for an at large berth when the season was cancelled. That team could eat this team for lunch and it wasn't even tournament quality
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago Rambone wasn't saying he'd be allowed to coach here for 20 years without making it, he was saying that if you gave Cox 20 opportunities here he wouldn't be able to make it once
Correct!
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

We are far from a tourney team and seem to be getting further away each season. At least with Jerry D the wheels fell off so fast there was no argument…with Cox it has been a slow but steady decline.
Last edited by RIFan 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

RIFan wrote: 2 years ago We are far from a tourney team and seem to be getting father away each season. At least with Jerry D the wheels fell off so fast there was no argument…with Cox it has been a slow but steady decline.
The lack of a contract extension assures that you are right.
NCAAs or Bust!
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Are you saying we should extend him and that will make things better? Don’t you extend coaches who have things improving not declining?

That seems like the way to ensure things keep getting worse, extend a sinking ship.

The only way the contract status is not an issue is if the coach is worse than mediocre…if he’s doing great even with an extension there will always be whispers that he’ll be gone soon. So I guess since Cox is mediocre you could say it’s hurting him. But I sure do miss the days that we were concerned a power school would poach our coach. Seems if that’s not the case, you are stuck with mediocre.
Last edited by RIFan 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

i look at things as black and white..

we have taken a steep decline

was it fair to think he was dan hurley, no.

but he has had a long time to be david cox, and to me its just not good enough or not exciting

i would hire a proven coach tho (of possible) as the next hire and not take a flyer

can someone PLEASE give me any of the miller's phone # ?

anyone ?

give me $2M and i will make the call and get it done

believe you me
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If Thorr and URI are happy with mediocrity, than we have the right coach.

Because that's what we are going to continue to get.

Anyway, everything about this program [except for the RC] screams mediocrity top to bottom.

We are A10 mid pack in budget and facilities. We don't have any commitment from the state and our booster support pales in comparison to the top programs.

If we want to be "top of the league" consistently, we have to invest accordingly...and we don't or can't.

You get what you pay for, so the saying goes, and we are getting what we're paying for, right down to things like the assistant coaching staff salaries, lack of charters, and so on and so on.

It's no surprise that the best performing programs in the A10 have the best financial support year in and year out.

Sometimes we have done well despite this, due to hiring a coach like Hiurley.

But, we can't keep them, so we end up back in the shit.

It's the sad reality of URI BB. Thorr knows that we can't compete financially with a school like Dayton or VCU.....it's not easy trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago i look at things as black and white..

we have taken a steep decline

was it fair to think he was dan hurley, no.

but he has had a long time to be david cox, and to me its just not good enough or not exciting

i would hire a proven coach tho (of possible) as the next hire and not take a flyer

can someone PLEASE give me any of the miller's phone # ?

anyone ?

give me $2M and i will make the call and get it done

believe you me
…….try 1-800-hire Archie……..loved the part of this post regarding saying it has a long time to be/come David Cox……too long?…….
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Too long !
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Zzzz has he been fired yet ?

There is only so much I can take from coach suxAlot
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

RE-UP coach sux-A-lot !
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

There has to be a conspiracy to keep Cox here.

The worst 12-4 in the history of college basketball.

We always lose these types of games.....we tried to give LaSalle the game 100 times, and they gave it back 101 times.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I must say. Cox had the boys come out strong in the second half, forcing 5 turnovers in like 3 minutes to cut the lead to 2.
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

It looked like we were going to blow right by them early on the 2nd half....but somehow I knew that wasn't going to happen.

LaSalle isn't terrible, but they were tonight.

We kept up our end of the bargain too.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah hard to feel good about that one

I say time to go in a different direction end of year
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

We played like dog crap tonight, take the dub and move on! Do I love Cox? No not particularly, but do I want to see this program rebuild for another 2-3 years? No I do not. Coaches aren't lining up at our door trying to get a job. If we get rid of Cox there will be thread in 2-3 years fire Joe Schmo guaranteed!

He has the team playing as of late. He can't be on the floor hitting shoots. Tonight was the worst shooting performance of the year that is not on the coach. We took Davidson down to the wire, let's see how we do in a few weeks when we have 2 or 3 tough games in a row. The gloom and doom here is ridiculous!! Tonight was a tough watch for sure but poor shooting has nothing to do with the coach!!!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

It's getting hard for Cox haters. The team had a down game but they didn't get the L that would confirm their opinion of Cox. After all, it had to be Cox that didn't prepare them to make FTs. But after two spread exceeding two conference wins in a row, they had better vent their displeasure after a too-close win now, because after GW the team could be on a four game win streak. UGH!!!! After all DH had no bad conference losses his fourth year. Oh wait, strike that. Instead, let's make up unflattering monikers for minority coaches and women color analysts like blow-hard politicians do. That'll show them that I am right!
NCAAs or Bust!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Ugh…

All the fans are coming out saying, hey, we’re winning! Be happy! This is exactly what I was worried about when this schedule was released.

I have all the faith in the world that Cox can beat Quad 4 opponents 99% of the time. I have faith that he can beat Quad 3 opponents consistently. The question is can we pick up some marquee wins?? If we pick up a couple of wins against Dayton, VCU, St Louis, Davidson, then I’ll start to believe…

Nothing changed for me.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Ugh…

All the fans are coming out saying, hey, we’re winning! Be happy! This is exactly what I was worried about when this schedule was released.

I have all the faith in the world that Cox can beat Quad 4 opponents 99% of the time. I have faith that he can beat Quad 3 opponents consistently. The question is can we pick up some marquee wins?? If we pick up a couple of wins against Dayton, VCU, St Louis, Davidson, then I’ll start to believe…

Nothing changed for me.
Bingo - I'll subtract VCU as Cox for whatever reason has a good record against VCU (probably because they are very similar and match up well). If they can beat SLU, SBU, Davidson, and Dayton without hiccups against the lower tier A10 teams AND up their schedule next year, THEN I might begin to think a corner has been turned. Until then, this regime is the true Baron 2.0.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago

Nothing changed for me.
Bingo - I'll subtract VCU as Cox for whatever reason has a good record against VCU (probably because they are very similar and match up well). If they can beat SLU, SBU, Davidson, and Dayton without hiccups against the lower tier A10 teams AND up their schedule next year, THEN I might begin to think a corner has been turned. Until then, this regime is the true Baron 2.0.
Baron 2.0 is weak out of conference wins, PLUS a collapse in January/February when conference time hits. Everyone here knows that we need to compete with the top teams in the league, the Fire Cox now crowd doesn’t want to give him a chance to prove it. We played through a trap game against a scrappy LaSalle team, on to the next one.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago It's getting hard for Cox haters. The team had a down game but they didn't get the L that would confirm their opinion of Cox. After all, it had to be Cox that didn't prepare them to make FTs. But after two spread exceeding two conference wins in a row, they had better vent their displeasure after a too-close win now, because after GW the team could be on a four game win streak. UGH!!!! After all DH had no bad conference losses his fourth year. Oh wait, strike that. Instead, let's make up unflattering monikers for minority coaches and women color analysts like blow-hard politicians do. That'll show them that I am right!
Sure, lets make false accusations of racism and sexism. That always wins arguments. :(
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

rhodylaw wrote: 2 years ago

Nothing changed for me.
Baron 2.0 is weak out of conference wins, PLUS a collapse in January/February when conference time hits. Everyone here knows that we need to compete with the top teams in the league, the Fire Cox now crowd doesn’t want to give him a chance to prove it. We played through a trap game against a scrappy LaSalle team, on to the next one.
Baron played in a much harder A10… Our A10 schedule is one of the easiest in the conference. I disagree with people not giving him a chance…Most have given Cox this year…Myself included..Beating bad teams proves nothing…
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago

Baron played in a much harder A10… Our A10 schedule is one of the easiest in the conference. I disagree with people not giving him a chance…Most have given Cox this year…Myself included..Beating bad teams proves nothing…
I mean, you can only play who is on your conference schedule. Would you rather us lose to those bad teams?
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

Nothing changed for me.
I would be thrilled to be wrong. 2 Years ago, we started out like gangbusters, and included a 10 game winning streak, and were on our way to an at large bid, fully on the right side of the bubble. Then got destroyed by Dayton and the wheels came off from there, losing 4 out of the last 7, with the 3 wins against inferior competition being by the skin of our teeth. If it weren't for Covid, it is very likely we would have had to have at least gotten to the A10 championship game to get a bid. They should have been a 2 seed and were a 3. It would have been no shame to have been 15-3 with 2 losses to a top 5 Dayton team and the earlier loss to Richmond, but like Baron, down the stretch when it mattered most, they lost the games they needed at Davidson, and at home vs. SLU (the other two losses being vs. Dayton). Granted, they had a tougher schedule that year, but had a bad loss to Brown too. Maybe beating WVU and/or LSU earlier in the season would have mitigated the Brown loss. The Richmond loss hurt too, but not as bad as they were the 2 seed and a likely at large bid. Still at the time, while it sucked, it wasn't "Baronesque" yet - Hurley had a similar issue in 2015 - wins against Dayton and Davidson that were close losses could have been the difference that catapulted them to a big. But that team was still building and hadn't learned to win the big games consistently yet, which changed two years later. But if he can't keep winning and they again falter down the stretch with a weaker schedule it becomes a pattern.

The difference is Cox inherited a good program/culture that Hurley built. While it is tough to lose 5 important seniors, they had 2 juniors and a sophomore who played important minutes on one or 2 NCAA teams and a good recruiting class coming in. I wasn't surprised that it took a while to gel in 2019, and from mid 2019 to mid 2020 we looked like we were back on track other than a couple of missteps. But last year and this year haven't done much to make me think he'll be much more than Baron. I'm begging to be wrong on this.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

That is a very fair assessment. Jury still out but potential red flags is where I sit too. This is a big 6 weeks of basketball for our coach.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Some people here would think Cox is doing a great job if we beat South Kingstown High School.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Some people here would think Cox is doing a great job if we beat South Kingstown High School.
Not that I have anything against South Kingstown High School. :lol:
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

The difference is Cox inherited a good program/culture that Hurley built. While it is tough to lose 5 important seniors, they had 2 juniors and a sophomore who played important minutes on one or 2 NCAA teams and a good recruiting class coming in. I wasn't surprised that it took a while to gel in 2019, and from mid 2019 to mid 2020 we looked like we were back on track other than a couple of missteps. But last year and this year haven't done much to make me think he'll be much more than Baron. I'm begging to be wrong on this.
Exactly..
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I mean, you can only play who is on your conference schedule. Would you rather us lose to those bad teams?
ummmmm no...
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ummmmm no...
Well you said beating bad teams proves nothing, but there is literally nothing us we can do than play and beat teams on our schedule.

Last year, we lose last nights type of game 100 out of 100 times. Seeing how we won, against a terrible opponent, makes me feel a tad better than if we packed it in and lost.
Go Rhody
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

ummmmm no...
Well you said beating bad teams proves nothing, but there is literally nothing us we can do than play and beat teams on our schedule.

Last year, we lose last nights type of game 100 out of 100 times. Seeing how we won, against a terrible opponent, makes me feel a tad better than if we packed it in and lost.
What's the excuse for the powder puff non conference schedule? You know who makes the non conference schedule, right?
steviep123
Sly Williams

ummmmm no...

There is literally nothing we can do than play and beat teams on our A10 schedule. However, we (meaning Cox, Thorr, and the men's basketball staff and athletic dept) do whatever it takes to get a stronger non confernce schedule. I can certainly understand, especially if there's a rebuild going on (like Hurley's early years) or if you have a lot of freshman and not as many upperclassmen that you might want to lighten the load a bit, but that should be few and far between. This program needs to up their off season schedule, so that even if they do have a bad loss it doesn't automatically put them behind the wrong side of the bubble with little chance to do anything to make up for it. Get away games with higher level P5s. Home and homes with teams like Nebraska and Alabama that were willing to do so in the past. Be creative like hosting WVa and Oklahoma St at Mohegan. Do what you can to make it happen.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago That is a very fair assessment. Jury still out but potential red flags is where I sit too. This is a big 6 weeks of basketball for our coach.
That’s it - that is the storyline. This season has not played out yet. While an at large may be tough to get that is mostly because the rest of the conference sucked in non-conference. Upcoming games against Dayton, SLU, St. Bonnie’s, Richmond and Davidson on paper all looked like really high quality games before the season started. Now, not as much but Cox needs to win those games.

We have 1 year (Cox’s second) that we can call a collapse down the stretch, last year which was a disaster reset year and his first year which was something in between. I am giving him the season to show up. Early red flags may reappear and we fail or the guy grows as a HC and we are better. No one knows until March how it will play out but if you are watching the games this year and not seeing a major improvement from last year I’m sorry I don’t know what team you are watching. Ball movement is better, play by our bigs is MUCH better, shooting percentages way up, defense more together and aggressive. It’s not crazy to think the talented transfers are starting to gel and play well together.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

rhodylaw wrote: 2 years ago That’s it - that is the storyline. This season has not played out yet. While an at large may be tough to get that is mostly because the rest of the conference sucked in non-conference. Upcoming games against Dayton, SLU, St. Bonnie’s, Richmond and Davidson on paper all looked like really high quality games before the season started. Now, not as much but Cox needs to win those games.
Rhody is capable (really key word there) of getting a top four seed in the A-10 Tournament. To do it, they're going to have to knock off some of their competitors for a top four seed. All of the teams you mention above (plus VCU) are in that group. They're not going to go undefeated against those teams, but they need to make a statement in that upper tier.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

At this point a coach can only do so much. The players have to commit themselves to continue to play as a team and get themselves up for every game. The good new is that I don't see any selfish players. I like this team. I like their togetherness. I like their depth. I like their talent. I like the continuous improvement that I'm seeing even when they have an off night. And guess what? Cox is responsible for putting this together.
NCAAs or Bust!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

ummmmm no...

There is nothing we can do NOW... What do you want me to say? I'm happy we finished 10th last year, and we seem to be trending downwards as a program which led to us having one of our worst schedules in a while? I'm not. Also, I don't even know what I'm debating with you about. You'd have to be completely clueless not to know that we can't change who we play now? I'm giving my opinion on why I feel beating these teams does nothing to change my opinion on Cox. He's not a bad coach. I expect him to win most if not all of these types of games. What I'm not going to do is trick myself into believing that we have turned a corner. Until we beat some good competition, the jury is still out on what type of team we have.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

URI_05 wrote: 2 years ago

ummmmm no...

What's the excuse for the powder puff non conference schedule? You know who makes the non conference schedule, right?

It has been explained time and time again why the OOC was what it was.

We were not good last year, and not predicted to be that good this year as well.

P6 teams see no reason to schedule us, as we would not be a good win for them, and a loss to us would damage their resume.

Also, the better teams get invited to better OOC tournaments, and, since we were not good last year, did not get invited to the OOC tourney's we have grown accustom to.

We also had Seton Hall push our game with them to next season.

Now yes, this does fall back on Cox for not continuing the level of excellence we had under Hurley.

But it is crystal clear why the OOC was weak this year.
Go Rhody
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Some people here would think Cox is doing a great job if we beat South Kingstown High School.
Not that I have anything against South Kingstown High School. :lol:
Haha! That was really funny. You're not wrong though!! :lol:
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The SK High BB team that played during the time I was there, would beat this team.

They won 3 consecutive state titles, 56 games in a row.

And SK was a Class C school [the smallest school category], back when all classes [A,B,C] could compete for the one state title.

I remember going to a game against Scituate where they were ahead 45-0 at halftime.

The football team also won a state title during that time.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago The SK High BB team that played during the time I was there, would beat this team.

And SK was a Class C school [the smallest school category], back when all classes [A,B,C] could compete for the one state title.

I remember going to a game against Scituate where they were ahead 45-0 at halftime.

……..Ray Johnson, on that team, from Narragansett, that went to PC?…….or the Roland Marrs …..era……?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago The SK High BB team that played during the time I was there, would beat this team.

I played against SK in high school, although I'm 5 years younger than you are. I remember a big kid named Hazard. They were good then too.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago

……..Ray Johnson, on that team, from Narragansett, that went to PC?…….or the Roland Marrs …..era……?
Who was on that team Rambone?
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Oh cut it out with that shit.

A 70s Rhode Island high school basketball team would lose by legitimately 100 points to this Rhody team.

I couldn’t care less what their accomplishments were, that’s ignorant to even post.

We all know you’re absolutely miserable 24/7 about this team, but posting something like this is another level.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago

I played against SK in high school, although I'm 5 years younger than you are. I remember a big kid named Hazard. They were good then too.
When I played, Central won the state championship every year. They were really good. All the guys I played against went to RIJC and dominated there too.
Dowtinsavestheworld
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Dowtinsavestheworld »

Who would possible replacements be for cox?

How are the coaching candidates doing that we didn’t pick when selected Cox? Just curious.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
section(105) wrote: 2 years ago

Who was on that team Rambone?
Rambone,

I found this site that includes the 1st and 2nd team All State Players by the Projo every year from 1932 to the present

It was great when the best players did not frequently go off to prep schools.

http://www.rihssports.com/ALL%20STATE/P ... 01966.html