'19 PA C - Naheem McLeod (Florida State ---> Syracuse)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Re: '19 PA C - Naheem McLeod (Offer)

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

article on FSU commits and targets that came out today. One would think they would hold onto the last scholly with so many targets looking to announce in the spring. So I would think it doesnt mesh with Naheem's schedule. Who knows...

https://247sports.com/Article/FSU-Mens- ... 124721273/

I 2nd that it'll be nice when its over tomorrow, i hope we land him, but either way just to have closure on it
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Nice to at least eliminate Temple from any late commitment.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/sports/hi ... utType=amp
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He’d share minutes with Cyril for one year then immediately start. Our lineup would be HUGE.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

“If Naheem evolves the way I think he can, and he plays with intensity on a regular basis, he's got a great upside," Plymouth Whitemarsh coach Jim Donofrio said.
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago He’d share minutes with Cyril for one year then immediately start. Our lineup would be HUGE.
He could also play some minutes for Harris with Cyril playing the 4.
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Looks like he is filling out too, hitting the gym, 245 lbs
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Crossing fingers....
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Have heard he stopped being active on social media to focus on the recruitment and block out outside influences. Kid is still undecided.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago Have heard he stopped being active on social media to focus on the recruitment and block out outside influences. Kid is still undecided.
Have you heard it’s down to Rhody and FSU?
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago Have heard he stopped being active on social media to focus on the recruitment and block out outside influences. Kid is still undecided.
Have you heard it’s down to Rhody and FSU?
LaSalle was a courtesy, it’s always been between us. FSU was the firm leader until the Koprivica commit.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

I am feeling much better about our chances now that Temple is apparently out of the mix. Bear in mind that the only info I know about this recruitment is what I read on this board.
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

whats up with the latest IG story - is that a GW mascot?
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

bkoeppen wrote: 5 years ago whats up with the latest IG story - is that a GW mascot?
I thought the same thing but he fed the reporter his final list of three schools. Also he didn’t visit GW and 247 doesnt show them on the list of schools that made an offer.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Colonials is the high school mascot.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Naheem the Dream lets get you in Keaney blue.
Last edited by Rhodymob05 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
GO RAMS
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Via his IG Story, he pushed his commitment until tomorrow afternoon.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Here is one poster from Florida State’s basketball rival board responding to another guys thoughts on McLeod signing today. Not as much excitement as the URI board for sure

MIKE_G
MIKE_G
Ultimate Seminole Insider
I kind of expect him to choose FSU, just based on his other choices. I wouldn't say I'm rooting for or against him choosing FSU. I am not overly impressed with him as a recruit and I don't expect him to be a major contributor until his junior year if at all, but it's hard to turn away a 7'3" player with "potential". If we were deciding between him and a blue-chip big forward or point guard, it would be one thing. But we're not (so far as I know).
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

From reading all of the Florida State comments they seem to feel that they would be shocked if he doesn’t sign with FSU and that the staff is in touch with him daily. Some seem to like him and his height and potential and others seem to think they could still land someone better and are lukewarm on McLeod. Hopefully the Koprivica decision is enough to tip the scales to URI
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago Via his IG Story, he pushed his commitment until tomorrow afternoon.
All i see is his 3 IG stories from 12, 4, 1 hr ago posting the announcement for tonight at 6p

I have refreshed
on IG and see nothing on his twitter about moving it to tomorrow
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He deleted it. I screenshot it but it’s saying file is too large.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago He deleted it. I screenshot it but it’s saying file is too large.
I saw it also on moving it to tomorrow afternoon
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

ok gotcha

So if he deleted it sounds like its still on for 6p today, unless he posts again with that updated post?

A few articles on his announcement from local philly writers and if the school is having a ceremony for his announcment/signing i would assume that PW would prefer to have it keep it for today, there has got to be a few local news stations heading there for the announcement one would think, or local sports beat writers?

This is getting a little hairy...
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I honestly don’t know which way this is heading. Kid has been cryptic. I just FSU is the worst option, even if we weren’t involved. He would sit and be recruited over if FSU remains prominent in the ACC. Koprivica is their prized recruit.
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago I honestly don’t know which way this is heading. Kid has been cryptic. I just FSU is the worst option, even if we weren’t involved. He would sit and be recruited over if FSU remains prominent in the ACC. Koprivica is their prized recruit.
yeah, completely agree. in an article i read, even though FSU is not the leader for Cofi and other 4-5* bigs, they seem to be heavily involved with those recruits and all of them are waiting for the spring, then the article finally talks about Naheem. To me (again no way i have insider knowledge) that just sounds to be like FSU would take Naheem, but to ur point be recruited over or use him as bait for the spring recruits. Basically lower on the priority, and that sounds like the feeling with their fanbase too.

I'm hoping the kid comes here, with that size Rhody would be really big!
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

This was a quote from the FSU board quoting McLeod on the Temple recruiting news OwlScoop. Obviously a slip of the tongue and hopefully he meant if he commits

janderson4795
janderson4795
All-American
The three-star center is reportedly still in heavy contact with the coaching staff despite Koprivica’s commitment a few weeks ago. Florida State needs a second big regardless.

“I don’t know how it would work with playing together (with Koprivica),” McLeod said according to OwlScoop.com. “We’ll see how it goes when I commit.”

Take that quote as you will, but it sounds like potentially good news for the Seminoles.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

wpbrown8267 wrote: 5 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago I honestly don’t know which way this is heading. Kid has been cryptic. I just FSU is the worst option, even if we weren’t involved. He would sit and be recruited over if FSU remains prominent in the ACC. Koprivica is their prized recruit.
yeah, completely agree. in an article i read, even though FSU is not the leader for Cofi and other 4-5* bigs, they seem to be heavily involved with those recruits and all of them are waiting for the spring, then the article finally talks about Naheem. To me (again no way i have insider knowledge) that just sounds to be like FSU would take Naheem, but to ur point be recruited over or use him as bait for the spring recruits. Basically lower on the priority, and that sounds like the feeling with their fanbase too.

I'm hoping the kid comes here, with that size Rhody would be really big!
Agree with this on being recruited over by bigger recruits in the coming years, but just hope that this information is presented to him by people that are close to him and that he takes this into consideration on top of Koprivica.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Local schools are closing early because of snow. I’m not sure if PW is one of them, but that might change his announcement plans.
Last edited by ace 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Naheem just retweeted this:

URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

I don't think FSU is thinking about playing Koprivica and McLeod together, I think they're thinking about the possibility that Koprivica never plays for them or college basketball period.
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

URIRecruitingInfo wrote: 5 years ago I don't think FSU is thinking about playing Koprivica and McLeod together, I think they're thinking about the possibility that Koprivica never plays for them or college basketball period.
Yes, I hear you on that, but he did sign his NLOI yesterday
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Instagram has it pushed off until tomorrow at 2pm now
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Figured he was going to push.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

RamStock wrote: 5 years ago This was a quote from the FSU board quoting McLeod on the Temple recruiting news OwlScoop. Obviously a slip of the tongue and hopefully he meant if he commits

janderson4795
janderson4795
All-American
The three-star center is reportedly still in heavy contact with the coaching staff despite Koprivica’s commitment a few weeks ago. Florida State needs a second big regardless.

“I don’t know how it would work with playing together (with Koprivica),” McLeod said according to OwlScoop.com. “We’ll see how it goes when I commit.”

Take that quote as you will, but it sounds like potentially good news for the Seminoles.
There would be no need for an announcement if that was the case. I think he meant “we will worry about that, if I actually commit there.”
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago
RamStock wrote: 5 years ago This was a quote from the FSU board quoting McLeod on the Temple recruiting news OwlScoop. Obviously a slip of the tongue and hopefully he meant if he commits

janderson4795
janderson4795
All-American

There would be no need for an announcement if that was the case. I think he meant “we will worry about that, if I actually commit there.”
This is true for sure. He just presented it the wrong way to the reporter.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Good lord, I'm glad my career isn't heavily influenced by recruiting
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

makes sense for the push, completely forgot about the Nor'Easter

Ace, it suppose to get nasty down there, right?
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

wpbrown8267 wrote: 5 years ago makes sense for the push, completely forgot about the Nor'Easter

Ace, it suppose to get nasty down there, right?
Well, it’s snowing now and supposed to for a while longer. But, in general, southeast PA does NOT handle weather well. It’s kind of embarrassing :)

I get to leave work at 2, so I’m not complaining too much.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

People are struggling with his name.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

This contradicts Zag and McCleod retweeted it. Says tomorrow at 2:00. Changed because of the weather.
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

ace wrote: 5 years ago

just waiting for the tweet that says he has decided to wait until the spring. this is so painful.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I was so ready for all this to be over :(
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

bkoeppen wrote: 5 years ago
ace wrote: 5 years ago

just waiting for the tweet that says he has decided to wait until the spring. this is so painful.
They closed the school early today. It is snowing in Philly.
He is announcing tomorrow at 2:00 pm once school is out.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Zags post came after Evan’s. Who knows what is true.
MegaRamFan2
Abdul Fox

Unread post by MegaRamFan2 »

Zagoria got back to me and confirmed the announcement will come on Monday... the wait continues!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Ugh, the snow storm isn’t going to last that long.
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

I think this kid is really gripping. Do I go to the big program and maybe sit or do I go to the smaller program
and play? What's my best chance to get to the next level. I think he is really torn and afraid to make a mistake.
Paralysis by analysis. This is a big decision for an 18 year old. I don't think this is about keeping everyone in
suspense and getting everyone's attention anymore. The reality of the situation is weighing heavy on Naheem.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unreal. Another 4 days.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I still think he's waiting to see who signs early with FSU. I wouldn't be surprised if it's off until Monday.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

For such a big program their board isn’t the most up to date on basketball. They still think the decision is tomorrow and that was only because someone came on recently and said it was changed until tomorrow. They will probably be waiting around tomorrow and saying what is going on here? They feel that McLeod will backup Koprivica for 12 minutes a game and they will play together around 10 minutes