David Cox Coach’s Show

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Re: David Cox Coach’s Show

Unread post by Rhody72 »

The last few posts have been honest appraisals of DH as a head coach unlike the irrational posts about David Cox by some here who want the URI program to fail to prove that they are right.
NCAAs or Bust!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

If Sanogo comes back for them next year they will be a Top 10ish ranked team heading into next season. Assuming Cole and Tyrese return again. Uconn is clearly in the Top 25-30 right now but agree they aren't legit national title contenders, YET.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Used to be I would attend or at least listen live to the coach show back in the Hurley days. Now if not for this thread I wouldn’t even know there was one.
The good old days at the Mews. I miss when they had them in the dollar bar.

Pre-covid I used to go to as many as I could, but this year I do not believe they're marketed? I live a few minutes from the Willows and didn't know there was a show there until someone mentioned it here a few days later.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago If Sanogo comes back for them next year they will be a Top 10ish ranked team heading into next season. Assuming Cole and Tyrese return again. Uconn is clearly in the Top 25-30 right now but agree they aren't legit national title contenders, YET.
We’ll see - I think they are nice BE team but I don’t expect them to get to that next level unless the in-game coaching dramatically improves OR he starts recruiting multiple lottery picks a year.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago If Sanogo comes back for them next year they will be a Top 10ish ranked team heading into next season. Assuming Cole and Tyrese return again. Uconn is clearly in the Top 25-30 right now but agree they aren't legit national title contenders, YET.
Maybe, but I wouldn't quite elevate them that high next season just yet.
Cole would be in his 6th season, guessing he might move on.
Martin is a senior this year, so who knows.
Both Whaley and Polley are grads now and will be gone.

They do have some young talent, but so does several other teams in the BE.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

! Message from: ATPTourFan
Hurley/UConn talk can continue in the Hurley/UConn thread.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago
ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Used to be I would attend or at least listen live to the coach show back in the Hurley days. Now if not for this thread I wouldn’t even know there was one.
The good old days at the Mews. I miss when they had them in the dollar bar.

Pre-covid I used to go to as many as I could, but this year I do not believe they're marketed? I live a few minutes from the Willows and didn't know there was a show there until someone mentioned it here a few days later.
I really enjoyed the coach's shows too. However the couple I've been to since Cox was coach, not so much due to the fact that you can't hear the guy, he's actually quite boring, compared to Hurley, who would also stick around and answer questions afterward, much more than Cox.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Good times, Bone. Good times.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Thank you! Sad there's more buzz around our former coach, but understandable given the performance of his successor.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago Thank you! Sad there's more buzz around our former coach, but understandable given the performance of his successor.
Agreed.