PC game 12/04

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Re: PC game 12/04

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

I will be at the game @ PC. Looking forward to it. Hopefully we will be undefeated going into the game.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago

You can tell that Covid is bad because it's uniting URI and PC fans....
Which brings up the question......What's worse, a PC fan or a Trumper?
A Biden voter?
Let's go Brandon
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

This just shows how infectious Covid is. It’s infecting every thread on this board.
Slava Ukraini!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago This just shows how infectious Covid is. It’s infecting every thread on this board.
I'd say, we'll all be better for it in the end...but I'm not sure there is one
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago The Rhody game at the dunk may be the only game I attend this year: no masks/beers in seats/pre and post game beers in walking distance. Sign me up.
Sounds like beers are more important than the game to you.
Nope- Not more important than the game but the ability to take in a rivalry game while not wearing a mask and getting decent food and drinks while making an easy day of it is definitely a draw to me.
Pre-covid I went to virtually every Rhody home game for 3-4 seasons and may have had 2 beers total in the RC. Its a hassle in that building, which to me is not worth it.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago

I'm not sure what that has to do with me, or anyone else that chooses to take a pass...but I'm sure you'll find a way.... ;)
You said to ask them because they signed up for it. That was my response to that comment.
I know at least one teacher that has to wear them all day, too...that is not renewing season tix because they don't want to wear it at a basketball game. So...here we are...I guess. Repeat:. I could care less who wears a mask or why they do so...I'm just not going to. Not sure why you want to shit on my choice so badly...when I could care less about yours....
^^ This is me or my exact situation- maybe I take in a game or 2 but I won't commit my $ to 15 games of masked up basketball.
6.5 hours a day of teaching lower elementary students= a lot of talking/reading books out loud/ etc.... It sucks for everyone but its better that the alternative of virtual. The idea of cheering and a lot of the other things that go along with having a fun time while wearing a mask just isn't for me right now.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago This just shows how infectious Covid is. It’s infecting every thread on this board.
……..under consideration for post of the off season……..strong contender…….among a few others……
Ram logo via Grist 1938
EricLeslieFor2
Jim Eitner

Unread post by EricLeslieFor2 »

Providence may have the worst backcourt in the Big East this season. Right there with Marquette although they have a top 100 kid Stevie Mitchell that will play.

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Lindy’s Basketball Magazine just out has PC 8th in NBE. Too high imho.

https://247sports.com/college/providenc ... 75/?page=1

$30 million for PC Ruane Practice Facility
$4 million per year for Ed Cooley Coach for Life Salary
13-13 record last season and 9-10 in NBE
$0.00 I will pay after last seasons chicken shit move by this supremely overrated coach

Tickets will be very, very easy to come by for this 12 noon game.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

EricLeslieFor2 wrote: 2 years ago Providence may have the worst backcourt in the Big East this season. Right there with Marquette although they have a top 100 kid Stevie Mitchell that will play.

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Lindy’s Basketball Magazine just out has PC 8th in NBE. Too high imho.

$0.00 I will pay after last seasons chicken shit move by this supremely overrated coach

Al Durham grad transfer from Indiana could be an impact player for them at guard, he was a solid player for the Hoosiers.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
EricLeslieFor2 wrote: 2 years ago Providence may have the worst backcourt in the Big East this season. Right there with Marquette although they have a top 100 kid Stevie Mitchell that will play.

Al Durham grad transfer from Indiana could be an impact player for them at guard, he was a solid player for the Hoosiers.
Hah.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Hah.
No he wasn’t
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

Hah.
No he wasn’t
Really, I respectfully disagree
I am not saying he is a star, but was a steady player.
He was a team captain and started 97 of the 123 games he played.
I think he can provide some veteran leadership for them.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Hah.
No he wasn’t
This lowered bar is an appropriate take. Durham is a solid player who is a capable shooter that doesn't turn the ball over much (that's what you'd expect from a SG). Though I guess it's easy to hit shots when teams over commit to defending Trayce Jackson-Davis leaving shots fairly open.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

I hope Rhody beats the pants off of PC at the Dunk to send a message that no matter where they play, they'll still lose. It's time for Rhody to step up and begin to show some dominance for a while.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Hah.
No he wasn’t
Started every game last two seasons, 38% from 3 the last two years in the B1G, above average FT shooter, double digit average last two years, 1000 point scorer. Had 19 points 6 rebounds 3 assists against PC last year.

Increased his ppg, rpg, apg each of the last four seasons.

Not a star, but definitely a solid player.

I'll get called a PC fan for just providing facts, but it's hard to say this kid wasn't a decent player for Indiana.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1. Providing facts doesn't matter. You are a PC fan regardless of how you try to spin it.
2. Durham was recruited by URI.
3. Indiana posters are not upset with Durham moving on in general

• Armaan Franklin, Jerome Hunter and Al Durham? I personally was pulling for Jerome and liked the improvements AF made, but with all the new faces and excitement, haven't seen 1 word about these guys since they left (which is good, we should support the guys we have) but I thought I'd see their names pop up once in awhile...
    Just thought it a bit odd, that's all
  • Durham gave us four steady years, but he wasn't going to get any better. Not a true point guard, and not a 3 or 4. Nice guy, but I'd rather see Johnson or Stewart on the floor.
  • I'll always still love Al... At least you never got the indication he was giving less than 100%. He was a VERY lightly recruited guard out of metro ATL... I think he performed at least as well as expected

• The only guy we’ll miss is Armaan. I always liked Jerome and thought he would really be a good player for us but he just didn’t pan out. I have no doubt the injury didn’t help, and I hope he goes on and has a good career at Xavier. Seems like a good fit for him. Al is a class act. But we have better guards on the roster now.

• I wish them both luck but it doesn't bother me at all that they are gone. Franklin is an Indiana kid and will always support that. Durham should have never been recruited to Indiana.
  • That's why I said could have been, not was. Good motor, not afraid to do the stuff that didn't always show up in the box score, never stopped doing what he was asked. Al was forced into situations where he was out of his element and played for a guy that seemingly couldn't be bothered with developing players.
    Completely agree with you. They asked Durham to be a creator for the team waaaay to much. As a catch and shoot player with an occasional drive he would have been fine and brought intangibles that some of the other players didn’t display last year.
    I will miss Durham but think overall we will be a better team next year.
  • I cannot imagine missing Jerome's 23 straight missed 3 pt attempts and while I loved Al's heart, he had no business getting the kind of minutes he did.
  • I didn't want Al back.

• I’m not even sure that’s a lateral move. Thought he would land somewhere a little better. Oh well, let providence have him lol

• Durham deserves a fresh start at a new program. He gave maximum effort for four seasons despite being coached by a junior high coaching staff. I applaud him for that.
  • I love durham and wish him the best. That said he's the 6th or 7th guy on an elite team.
  • Durham wasn't that good people. My god.

• I Wish the best for Al. He drove me crazy with his falling down and driving into trouble but, I always felt he shouldn't be use as point guard in the first place. Maybe it will be a better fit at Providence. I hope so, he's a great kid.
  • Most of my "frustration" with Al was actually with how Archie coached Al. Over and over and over again (like Groundhog Day) we would put the ball in Al's hands late in a game when we needed a bucket, and ask him to drive the ball. And that was just not his strength whatsoever, he didn't have the ball handling ability, the strength, or the ability to finish through contact
  • He said he aspires to build a clothing line. Providence offers a fashion-related marketing curriculum, and RISD is close by. Seems like a perfect match.
https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threa ... le.209408/
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 2 years ago 1. Providing facts doesn't matter. You are a PC fan regardless of how you try to spin it.
2. Durham was recruited by URI.
3. Indiana posters are not upset with Durham moving on in general

• Armaan Franklin, Jerome Hunter and Al Durham? I personally was pulling for Jerome and liked the improvements AF made, but with all the new faces and excitement, haven't seen 1 word about these guys since they left (which is good, we should support the guys we have) but I thought I'd see their names pop up once in awhile...
    Just thought it a bit odd, that's all
  • Durham gave us four steady years, but he wasn't going to get any better. Not a true point guard, and not a 3 or 4. Nice guy, but I'd rather see Johnson or Stewart on the floor.
  • I'll always still love Al... At least you never got the indication he was giving less than 100%. He was a VERY lightly recruited guard out of metro ATL... I think he performed at least as well as expected

• The only guy we’ll miss is Armaan. I always liked Jerome and thought he would really be a good player for us but he just didn’t pan out. I have no doubt the injury didn’t help, and I hope he goes on and has a good career at Xavier. Seems like a good fit for him. Al is a class act. But we have better guards on the roster now.

• I wish them both luck but it doesn't bother me at all that they are gone. Franklin is an Indiana kid and will always support that. Durham should have never been recruited to Indiana.
  • That's why I said could have been, not was. Good motor, not afraid to do the stuff that didn't always show up in the box score, never stopped doing what he was asked. Al was forced into situations where he was out of his element and played for a guy that seemingly couldn't be bothered with developing players.
    Completely agree with you. They asked Durham to be a creator for the team waaaay to much. As a catch and shoot player with an occasional drive he would have been fine and brought intangibles that some of the other players didn’t display last year.
    I will miss Durham but think overall we will be a better team next year.
  • I cannot imagine missing Jerome's 23 straight missed 3 pt attempts and while I loved Al's heart, he had no business getting the kind of minutes he did.
  • I didn't want Al back.

• I’m not even sure that’s a lateral move. Thought he would land somewhere a little better. Oh well, let providence have him lol

• Durham deserves a fresh start at a new program. He gave maximum effort for four seasons despite being coached by a junior high coaching staff. I applaud him for that.
  • I love durham and wish him the best. That said he's the 6th or 7th guy on an elite team.
  • Durham wasn't that good people. My god.

• I Wish the best for Al. He drove me crazy with his falling down and driving into trouble but, I always felt he shouldn't be use as point guard in the first place. Maybe it will be a better fit at Providence. I hope so, he's a great kid.
  • Most of my "frustration" with Al was actually with how Archie coached Al. Over and over and over again (like Groundhog Day) we would put the ball in Al's hands late in a game when we needed a bucket, and ask him to drive the ball. And that was just not his strength whatsoever, he didn't have the ball handling ability, the strength, or the ability to finish through contact
  • He said he aspires to build a clothing line. Providence offers a fashion-related marketing curriculum, and RISD is close by. Seems like a perfect match.
https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threa ... le.209408/
Fans are very emotional, especially Hoosier fans.

Nobody is saying he will be a difference maker at PC, but should be a steady player for them, many analysts penciled him in as a starter.
Look PC won't be close to being a top tier NBE team and of course I always wish them the worst of luck, but any P5 player that started 90 games for Indiana, should provide them some needed help.

Even Archie who I think is a pretty damn good coach wasn't able to survive there.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

You said this which is what got a few reactions

Al Durham grad transfer from Indiana could be an impact player for them at guard

You are backpedaling to say he will be steady versus originally saying he would be an impact player.

Durham was not going to be starting for Indiana with the talent Woodson brought in.

Durham’s dad wants him to play and develop at point guard. He does not have the ball handling or passing skills to be effective at PG. I saw him play AAU back when we were recruiting him 5 years ago. Indiana fans sound correct from what I’ve seen.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 2 years ago 77,

You said this which is what got a few reactions

Al Durham grad transfer from Indiana could be an impact player for them at guard

You are backpedaling to say he will be steady versus originally saying he would be an impact player.

Durham was not going to be starting for Indiana with the talent Woodson brought in.

Durham’s dad wants him to play and develop at point guard. He does not have the ball handling or passing skills to be effective at PG. I saw him play AAU back when we were recruiting him 5 years ago. Indiana fans sound correct from what I’ve seen.
Ramster you are really getting nit-picky by my wording, it seems as though you are trying to find criticism in everything I post.
I said he COULD (not would) be an impact player for them at guard. Please don't change my wording.
Besides, an impact player doesn't necessarily mean he is a star.
Most analysts pencil him in as a starter for PC (he started 90 games for Indiana), which can qualify him as a possible impact player not just a seldom used transfer.

Also, he averaged 11.3 pts/game last season and led Indiana in 3 point FG's, and was team captain.
He did have some strong games for them last year.
Against PC he scored 19 pts/6 rebs.
He had 24 pts against Northwestern.
He had 17 pts against Nebraska.
He had 20 pts against Rutgers.

So by saying he COULD be an impact player for them is far from a reach and if nothing else his veteran leadership should be a plus for them.
Last edited by Jersey77 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I disagree
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years agoI disagree
For no other reason than he plays for our rival.

Hey, I guess I have to respect you sticking to your guns, even though you sound more and more like someone who doesn’t watch or pay attention to college basketball outside the state of Rhode Island.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

Hey, I guess I have to respect you sticking to your guns, even though you sound more and more like someone who doesn’t watch or pay attention to college basketball outside the state of Rhode Island.
Even though I saw the kid play in high school AAU when we were recruiting him and read all the feedback on the Indiana Board.

He probably will start for PC.

My disagreement is that it was stated here that he could be an impact player. And I was not the only poster here who expressed that.

Durham is not a good ball handler. Reeves has stepped up his game during the off season. Don’t see Durham at PG or 2 guard. The 3 is Reeves.

PCs best line up imho will be

Watson
Horchler
Reeves (lost 20 pounds, 31 points in scrimmage, 11-16 FG, 7-11 3P.
Bynum
Goodine
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Even though I saw the kid play in high school AAU when we were recruiting him and read all the feedback on the Indiana Board.

He probably will start for PC.

My disagreement is that it was stated here that he could be an impact player. And I was not the only poster here who expressed that.

PCs best line up imho will be

Watson
Horchler
Reeves (lost 20 pounds, 31 points in scrimmage, 11-16 FG, 7-11 3P.
Bynum
Goodine
I think Durham will start in place of Goodine, but I agree with the other 4.
Breed, Goodine, and South Carolina transfer Minaya should all get some decent minutes off the bench.
I remember Croswell as having some good games when he was at LaSalle.
Don't know much about the freshman other than we recruited Geeter and Castro was a highly rated recruit (big) from Jersey.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

7th

Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 2 years ago 7th

I believe most of the predictions for PC were in the range of 6-8, so 7 for Rothstein is about right.

The biggest wildcard is Creighton, they have a complete roster turnover after their sweet 16 run last season.
They had one of the top recruiting classes in the nation for 21, and are loaded with talented freshman.
Big man transfer Feazell and grad transfer forward Ryan Hawkins who was Div. 11 POY (23 pts/9 rebs) should see plenty of minutes.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago 7th

I believe most of the predictions for PC were in the range of 6-8, so 7 for Rothstein is about right.

The biggest wildcard is Creighton, they have a complete roster turnover after their sweet 16 run last season.
They had one of the top recruiting classes in the nation for 21, and are loaded with talented freshman.
Big man transfer Feazell and grad transfer forward Ryan Hawkins who was Div. 11 POY (23 pts/9 rebs) should see plenty of minutes.
Agree on Creighton. Marquette, Georgetown and DePaul should also finish higher than the team picked 7th.
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

Looks like they've moved the game to 2 p.m.
Screenshot_20211024-000541_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

…….that will still allow time to get out of Dodge before the ATV parade comes through……..
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….that will still allow time to get out of Dodge before the ATV parade comes through……..
105, check your PMs
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago Looks like they've moved the game to 2 p.m.

Screenshot_20211024-000541_Chrome.jpg
Yup, it's switched to 2 pm on gorhody.com as well.
Go Rhody
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago I have not gone to a game in the dump since the year the Ryan Center opened. I will never go again. The stunt the overrated clown of a coach pulled last year solidified my decision.
That was the last time I went to the Dump also. :lol:
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago
steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago I have not gone to a game in the dump since the year the Ryan Center opened. I will never go again. The stunt the overrated clown of a coach pulled last year solidified my decision.
And that might be the only place we see Rhody in person all year...
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago
And that might be the only place we see Rhody in person all year...
Ahhh...I think we figured out the problem. You think the mask covers your eyes while it is supposed to just cover your nose/mouth. :lol:
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
spookydog
Tom Garrick

PC season ticket holders now have the ability to purchase extra tickets for the URI game. Once that is done, I am guessing they will be available to the public.
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

spookydog wrote: 2 years ago PC season ticket holders now have the ability to purchase extra tickets for the URI game. Once that is done, I am guessing they will be available to the public.
Can’t wait for Cooley to say this isn’t a rivalry game when PC withholds selling these tickets until the last second and jacks up the price.
Go Rhody
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Just got my tickets through a PC alum who has season tickets. Section 229
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
NarraRamFan
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by NarraRamFan »

With the face value of tickets and the dynamic pricing model, I don't think it will sell out... of course it will be called a sellout... but with seat prices $56 (plus handling / convenience fee) and higher I don't see it.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

A PC season ticket holder was going to get me tix- would have been $70 a seat to sit in the corner 200 level. I passed- will try day of game...
Ramulous
Sly Williams

Unread post by Ramulous »

I would burn my money before I gave it to the friars.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Ramulous wrote: 2 years ago I would burn my money before I gave it to the friars.
Funny. I would (probably will) drive and pay to see a game there without a mask before I go to one in my backyard that requires one...
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Ramulous wrote: 2 years ago I would burn my money before I gave it to the friars.
Funny. I would (probably will) drive and pay to see a game there without a mask before I go to one in my backyard that requires one...
Really? I’m shocked.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago
Really? I’m shocked.
Yeah, like we haven't seen this about a thousand times already. :roll:
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

…….just in…….Alumni Association announced a pre game, sold out in minutes……or less!…….one person bringing boat load of guests……..disappointed……I guess it will be Murphy’s.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Prices are still sky high, most are $100+ including fees on secondary market sites.

You would think as the game gets closer the prices drop, also wondering if PC box office will release them to the public in another week, because at this point, you can't even get the Rhody game in a mini package.

But yea, it's not a rivalry. :roll:
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….just in…….Alumni Association announced a pre game, sold out in minutes……or less!…….one person bringing boat load of guests……..disappointed……I guess it will be Murphy’s.
It’s at The Malted Barley
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….just in…….Alumni Association announced a pre game, sold out in minutes……or less!…….one person bringing boat load of guests……..disappointed……I guess it will be Murphy’s.
I think he’s saying he’ll be going to Murphy’s because the event sold out and he didn’t sign up in time.
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

I think he’s saying he’ll be going to Murphy’s because the event sold out and he didn’t sign up in time.
………bingo…….I emailed the alumni association to complain(uncommon behavior for me)why?…….as soon as I received the email announcement, while in my email, I immediately hit “register”……..and by the time I registered my self and guest, I was closed out……..all the power to the individual that registered guests for 50% of the apparent capacity………association said they would get back to me……
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago

………bingo…….I emailed the alumni association to complain(uncommon behavior for me)why?…….as soon as I received the email announcement, while in my email, I immediately hit “register”……..and by the time I registered my self and guest, I was closed out……..all the power to the individual that registered guests for 50% of the apparent capacity………association said they would get back to me……
That sounds suspicious
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Something to get you ready for the rivalry game coming up next month...A new collab beer with Shaidzon & Union Station.
Article here.

And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Apparently there will be a party the night before the game at Ocean Mist where they will have this beer and then it will be available the day of the game at Union Station
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines