Roster Changes

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Re: Roster Changes

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rhodyram wrote: 3 years ago So who's out?
Speculation seems to be Jermaine Harris, but no confirmation from his social media or any verified media accounts.
Ramulous
Sly Williams

Unread post by Ramulous »

A change in uniform number for a player is technically a roster change.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

He showed in his IG stories that he(Harris)had some sort of procedure done on his foot(maybe a month ago).
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago 15, another pain in the ass.
I (along with multiple others) just don’t understand how you can post the same thing daily in multiple threads over and over again.

This thread is about a soon to be roster change, and you somehow managed, yet again, to post “Cox is the worst, he’s gotta go now, he’s not the one to lead us, everything is the worst and the sky is falling.”

Nobody changed the subject, it was all on topic, and you felt the need to post your usual depressed doom and gloom bs for no reason at all.
Agree with 15 100%
“We will be good when we are good.”
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote: 3 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago 15, another pain in the ass.
I (along with multiple others) just don’t understand how you can post the same thing daily in multiple threads over and over again.

This thread is about a soon to be roster change, and you somehow managed, yet again, to post “Cox is the worst, he’s gotta go now, he’s not the one to lead us, everything is the worst and the sky is falling.”

Nobody changed the subject, it was all on topic, and you felt the need to post your usual depressed doom and gloom bs for no reason at all.
Agree with 15 100%
What exactly do you agree with 83? Every subject regarding the basketball team falls on Cox. The fact that people want him fired creeping into every thread? A thread where yet another player is transferring out of URI? This team is a disaster right now. That is on Cox 100%.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think it’s the best for both parties if JH transfers , he can go to a lower D1 maybe a MAC school like DJ did and get more playing time and we can get more time for Samb or one of the younger players
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

So, it is possible that a guy who won't get much time wants to transfer to a school where he can, in a year where that move is penalty free?
Likely a player that would not be happy otherwise? (and remember we do not know who it even is)
I agree with reef - that is actually a smart move by both parties involved.

Anyone who feels differently is just spinning every bit of info to meet their desired narrative.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago

Agree with 15 100%
What exactly do you agree with 83? Every subject regarding the basketball team falls on Cox. The fact that people want him fired creeping into every thread? A thread where yet another player is transferring out of URI? This team is a disaster right now. That is on Cox 100%.
Even though last season was disappointing, it was a very abnormal/difficult year even for a seasoned coach.
I wouldn't call this team a total disaster. We do have some talent and depth in the frontcourt with Walker and the twins, along with some youth. The backcourt isn't totally lacking with Ish, Shep, Ish2, Tres, maybe an improved Carey, and Martin on the wing.
We may not contend for the title, but we won't be an easy out and should be very competitive.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago
theblueram wrote: 3 years ago

Agree with 15 100%
Even though last season was disappointing, it was a very abnormal/difficult year even for a seasoned coach.
I wouldn't call this team a total disaster. We do have some talent and depth in the frontcourt with Walker and the twins, along with some youth. The backcourt isn't totally lacking with Ish, Shep, Ish2, Tres, maybe an improved Carey, and Martin on the wing.
We may not contend for the title, but we won't be an easy out and should be very competitive.
I’m not predicting we contend for the top of the conference, but it also would not surprise me if finished top 4. Almost the entire team was new last year, in an incredibly weird year. They fell apart in conference play completely after having some tough losses early. I don’t think that is abnormal in a normal year. Not being completely reliant on one player to determine the outcome of the game should help as well.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Just went back and watched a Harris highlight video on Rivals. Very unimpressive. Not sure how he got 4 stars. In fact that rating probably hurt him.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

When the give your number away before it’s announced you are transferring.
Ramulous
Sly Williams

Unread post by Ramulous »

That’s a photo from his recruiting visit
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Ramulous wrote: 3 years ago That’s a photo from his recruiting visit
You never believe in conspiracy theories.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Bo Bo wrote: 3 years agoComing Soon.
How many days need to pass before “coming soon” passes?
Bo Bo
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Bo Bo »

Rhody needs to find a taker. That’s when it will happen.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Bo Bo wrote: 3 years ago Rhody needs to find a taker. That’s when it will happen.
Starting to get a little late in the game, with the upcoming no-sit rule deadline.
Many rosters already set and schools keeping some scholarships open because of the extra year eligibility.
Lots of the impact transfers in the portal and top recruits have found homes, and it will be extremely competitive for the quality players still left.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Bo Bo wrote: 3 years ago Rhody needs to find a taker. That’s when it will happen.
A taker for one of our scholarships or are we looking to make a trade?
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I hate these cryptic games.
GO RAMS
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Rhodyram wrote: 3 years ago
Maybe they’re offering Harris to Bryant for a 2nd round draft pick.
Slava Ukraini!
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Rhody74 wrote: 3 years ago
Rhodyram wrote: 3 years ago
Maybe they’re offering Harris to Bryant for a 2nd round draft pick.
:D
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I’m hearing Harris’ contract is holding up the trade. He’s paid like a Top 100 recruit but the performance is that of a low major player. Rhody may have to eat a portion of the contract in order to move him.

/s
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

If it is Harris, can't say I'm surprised there's no takers. Who would want him after the past 3 years?
Go Rhody
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

STC wrote: 3 years ago I’m hearing Harris’ contract is holding up the trade. He’s paid like a Top 100 recruit but the performance is that of a low major player. Rhody may have to eat a portion of the contract in order to move him.

/s
Conditional 3rd??????
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

You would think there would be a spot in a low D1 conf ??
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Who cares. If the team doesn't come out on fire next year, the RC is not going to be a welcoming place.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

The fans who bolt after a few games aren’t fans anyhow. Anyone who likes hoops and Rhody will be at the RC next year after a year plus of no fans at games. I would guess most people will have a long leash and be happy to just be at games again.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago The fans who bolt after a few games aren’t fans anyhow. Anyone who likes hoops and Rhody will be at the RC next year after a year plus of no fans at games. I would guess most people will have a long leash and be happy to just be at games again.
I'll be there. And if the team sucks, you will hear me. I have no allegiance to a coach. But my nearly thousand dollar season tix will speak words.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

So you are saying this is being initiated by Rhody and not by Harris.
If that’s the case, they must have a transfer lined up that will come.
Otherwise you let Harris finish his 4 years.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago The fans who bolt after a few games aren’t fans anyhow. Anyone who likes hoops and Rhody will be at the RC next year after a year plus of no fans at games. I would guess most people will have a long leash and be happy to just be at games again.
+100000
Go Rhody
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Don’t we have an open spot from DJ leaving? I don’t get the need for a taker for harris. I also think that even though he hasn’t produced as expected there is no reason to run him off before his senior year. If he sees the future minutes as under 10 a game and wants to leave, I get it, but no reason to run him out (unless I am wrong and there is no room for an impact transfer).
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

Was going back through my old tweets and found this gem comparing Harris to Chris Webber
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Backroads wrote: 3 years ago Was going back through my old tweets and found this gem comparing Harris to Chris Webber
Chris Webber at his current age would be better than senior season Harris. I wish I was joking.
Go Rhody
Bo Bo
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Bo Bo »

Please understand that many if not all college coaches have relationships with AAU program directors and coaches. The HS coaches lost the majority but not all of their influence and power many years ago. When it doesn't work out for a player or a program it's in everyone's best interest to work together in order to find the right fit for a player so you do not burn bridges. Many times there are other factors that come into play when a player leaves such as family issues, personal issues, medical, legal, etc. A decision to leave can be mutual so the player and staff work together to find the right fit.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

It would be great if those people supported the women, a program that is actually going places
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago
It would be great if those people supported the women, a program that is actually going places
I will certainly be giving more of my time and attention to the women's team
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Backroads wrote: 3 years ago Was going back through my old tweets and found this gem comparing Harris to Chris Webber
Geez that old tweet is me; I must have been really gassed up by the press clippings and belief in DH as a talent evaluator. Ouch!

Can I get credit for also tweeting that the US Men's Soccer team would need 3 goals to beat Mexico a couple days ago?
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Bo Bo wrote: 3 years ago Please understand that many if not all college coaches have relationships with AAU program directors and coaches. The HS coaches lost the majority but not all of their influence and power many years ago. When it doesn't work out for a player or a program it's in everyone's best interest to work together in order to find the right fit for a player so you do not burn bridges. Many times there are other factors that come into play when a player leaves such as family issues, personal issues, medical, legal, etc. A decision to leave can be mutual so the player and staff work together to find the right fit.
I agree with you that it is in the staff's best interest long term to make that transition smooth for a player we recruited heavily. If it is the player's choice to leave at this point that is fine. With an open scholarship I do not see the need to run off a guy (presuming we are talking about Jermaine) who is about to enter his senior year. I don't see a lot of minutes for him here next year and any minutes he takes away from Samb probably is not good long term for the program (unless Jermaine finally breaks through) but that could be managed for a guy who has been loyal to the program when many others have not.
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago
Geez that old tweet is me; I must have been really gassed up by the press clippings and belief in DH as a talent evaluator. Ouch!

Can I get credit for also tweeting that the US Men's Soccer team would need 3 goals to beat Mexico a couple days ago?
Lol didn’t mean to put you on blast
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Backroads wrote: 3 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago

Lol didn’t mean to put you on blast
No harm no foul! Honestly with that take I deserved some heat.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Bo Bo wrote: 3 years ago Please understand that many if not all college coaches have relationships with AAU program directors and coaches. The HS coaches lost the majority but not all of their influence and power many years ago. When it doesn't work out for a player or a program it's in everyone's best interest to work together in order to find the right fit for a player so you do not burn bridges. Many times there are other factors that come into play when a player leaves such as family issues, personal issues, medical, legal, etc. A decision to leave can be mutual so the player and staff work together to find the right fit.
Bo Bo,

I know you only just recently joined Keaney Blue, and welcome!
In posting Roster Changes, then providing no detailed info, it obviously gets speculation going.

Roster Changes to me means there is more than one change coming - is that what you meant to convey? or is it only 1 and then correspondingly 1 addition too? or are two players leaving and 2 new coming? or three?

Most transfers today happen by way of the Portal set up by the NCAA. Record high transfers are currently in the portal - that sees the number increase each year since it began. The Coaching staff finding a good landing spot for a players still happens to some extent but by far the Portal runs the show.

Speculation on this thread now centers around Jermaine Harris, no surprise at all if you have read this board the past 3 years, but for you it might be a surprise since you only joined KB a month ago.

For me personally I hope it is not Jermaine, but that's just me.

Can you let KB Members know when this news might be out and speculation can end? Threads like these remind me of the old joke "How do you keep an asshole in suspense?"
Bo Bo
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Bo Bo »

Ramster here is what I can share. There is a mutual understanding that a change of scenery would be best for both parties. That process needs to work itself out. I doubt the staff will enter the season down 2 scholarship players. Expect at least one to be filled and possibly both. I suspect 1 gets filled and the other will be held. I hope that helps.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Thanks Bo Bo
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Nice to see Ishmael El-Amin officially added to the roster #42
Abdou Samb is now listed as jersey #1, after much speculation.

Normally I would like to see them fill every open spot on the roster, but under the current situation leaving 1 or 2 open scholarships might make sense.
Walker and Martin both technically becoming seniors and graduating would probably be an upgrade over whomever we may bring in, if they decide to return for the additional year. Next year they would count towards the scholarship limit of 13.

JH's status at this point is uncertain, as we all have discussed with much speculation.
AB's playing status (2nd half of the season) is a question mark, with his severe knee injury.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Do we know whether Jermaine is healthy? Did his plantar fasciitis ever clear up?
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 3 years ago Do we know whether Jermaine is healthy? Did his plantar fasciitis ever clear up?
There were pictures on his IG stories several weeks ago showing his foot after a procedure.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Anyone want to interpret this from Tres Berry? His brother announces his Top 5 and URI isn’t in it. Tres says they will be back together soon?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody83 wrote: 3 years ago Anyone want to interpret this from Tres Berry? His brother announces his Top 5 and URI isn’t in it. Tres says they will be back together soon?
Together in Rhode Island? Meaning Quante is going to PC?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 3 years ago Anyone want to interpret this from Tres Berry? His brother announces his Top 5 and URI isn’t in it. Tres says they will be back together soon?
Together in Rhode Island? Meaning Quante is going to PC?
Quante visited Fryatown this weekend
Nitwit $4 million a year HC, Ed C, jumped in his pool which now seems to mean he got his guy. No official word yet but some PC sources think he is committing.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago Quante visited Fryatown this weekend
Nitwit $4 million a year HC, Ed C, jumped in his pool which now seems to mean he got his guy.
Ed's Cooley could jump in fully clothed, and when he came out would look no worse than he does in the second half of a game.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.