Tickets Still AvaiIabIe

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Tickets Still AvaiIabIe

Post by Obadiah »

The two games left on the Ryan schedule - Saint Louis and Dayton - present different challenges to achieving a sold out arena. In the SLU case, the game attendance is boosted since it is part of package and the Sunday 2 PM start time is ideal for the general population, especially families. What is unknown is how many students will show up. Student attendance is better on week nights than weekends and SLU is not a hot team, two factors that combine to lower student attendance. Given what happened in the St. Joe's game (only 500 students showed up), expect a more aggressive sale of general admission tickets into the student allotment.

Different situation with Dayton, a ranked team playing at 9 PM on a week night. The late start time is irrelevant to the student population and combined with Dayton's reputation, the expectation is that the 1500 student allotment will be filled. The 9 PM start time is detrimental to the general population especially families with youngsters and as of today there are about 900 tickets left. Depending on URI performance between now and then, those 900 will shrink and if any are remaining at game time, expect more students beyond 1500 to be allowed in. How much more will depend on the walk-up crowd which has averaged about 300 for recent games.
Last edited by Obadiah 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Post by RhodyRams916 »

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago The two games left on the Ryan schedule - Saint Louis and Dayton - present different challenges to achieving a sold out arena. In the SLU case, the game attendance is boosted since it is part of package and the Sunday 2 PM start time is ideal for the general population, especially families. What is unknown is how many students will show up. Student attendance is better on week nights than weekends and SLU is not a hot team, two factors that combine to lower student attendance. Given what happened in the St. Joe's game (only 500 students showed up), expect a more aggressive sale of general admission tickets into the student allotment.

Different situation with Dayton, a ranked team playing at 9 PM on a week night. The late start time is irrelevant to the student population and combined with Dayton's reputation, the expectation is that the 1500 student allotment will be filled. The 9 PM start time is detrimental to the general population especially families with youngsters and as of today there are about 900 tickets left. Depending on URI performance between now and then, those 900 will shrink and if any are remaining at game time, expect more students beyond 1500 to be allowed in. How much more will depend on the walk-up crowd which has averaged about 300 for recent game.
No. Excuses.

The students need to show up against Saint Louis.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Post by theblueram »

So we have the #5 team in the country coming to the Ryan Center at 9pm and Nationally televised in two weeks and it's still not sold out??????? WOW is all I can say. Especially when we are sitting in a great position for an At Large bid to the dance. smh.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Post by Rhodymob05 »

I got a 4 ticket family pack, nice deal.
GO RAMS
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Post by RhodyRams916 »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago So we have the #5 team in the country coming to the Ryan Center at 9pm and Nationally televised in two weeks and it's still not sold out??????? WOW is all I can say. Especially when we are sitting in a great position for an At Large bid to the dance. smh.
Don't they have a really good deal? Like $18 tickets with a sleeping mask!?! :o
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Post by Billyboy78 »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago So we have the #5 team in the country coming to the Ryan Center at 9pm and Nationally televised in two weeks and it's still not sold out??????? WOW is all I can say. Especially when we are sitting in a great position for an At Large bid to the dance. smh.
Not even close. Literally thousands of tickets left.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 4 years ago
Who in marketing, advertising came up with the sleeping mask idea? Wonder how that idea sprouted?
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Post by RhodyRams916 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
Who in marketing, advertising came up with the sleeping mask idea? Wonder how that idea sprouted?
ikr? Lol it's kinda funny because it's "no sleep till brooklyn" but you know what sleeping masks are for?! :P
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Post by theblueram »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago
Not sure how to take this. The nbe plays many games at 9 as do most major conferences. It's the tv deals that dictate the times. This game is prime time. Maybe the "family friendly " way might be too overboard now?
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Post by Obadiah »

Let me repeat what I posted. There are 900 tickets remaining NOT thousands
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Post by theblueram »

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago
Well thank God for that. This would be our biggest Home Court win ever I believe. The place needs to be like the Nebraska game on steroids.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Post by theblueram »

For students who didn't experience the Nebraska game here it is. Let's make sure we show up in two weeks for the #5 team in the country

https://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl ... 0-x0n0k8p8
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Post by Rhodymob05 »

The $18 per ticket deal ended a few days ago and when I tried it said they’re weren’t any left.
GO RAMS
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Post by Taylor Swift »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago The $18 per ticket deal ended a few days ago and when I tried it said they’re weren’t any left.
No more face masks?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Post by Billyboy78 »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago

Well thank God for that. This would be our biggest Home Court win ever I believe. The place needs to be like the Nebraska game on steroids.
I just counted 1053. Add the 1500 student allotment, that's 2553. At this point, who knows how many students will be there. Looking at it another way, only a little over 5000 seats have been sold for a game against a top 5 team.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Post by Rhodymob05 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago The $18 per ticket deal ended a few days ago and when I tried it said they’re weren’t any left.
No more face masks?
No more tickets as part of that deal, hopefully no more masks either.
GO RAMS
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Post by EasyEdBrown »

Weird.

As of a minute ago I was able to get 2 tickets in 214
"it makes me smile knowing the A10 is doomed" --Brutus
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Post by ElmCityRhody »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago For students who didn't experience the Nebraska game here it is. Let's make sure we show up in two weeks for the #5 team in the country

i was there

great night !
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Post by RhodyRams916 »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 4 years ago
theblueram wrote: 4 years ago For students who didn't experience the Nebraska game here it is. Let's make sure we show up in two weeks for the #5 team in the country

i was there

great night !
Hopefully the court storm is better than PC's vs Seton Hall if we win :P
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

Still a couple weeks to go I would expect about 7500 at least
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

If you go to go to Ticking now you can buy tickets as low as $15 each for Dayton. Plenty of seats next to one another. You could get 12 in one row if you want in 300 level
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Post by Obadiah »

I just counted 1053. Add the 1500 student allotment, that's 2553. At this point, who knows how many students will be there. Looking at it another way, only a little over 5000 seats have been sold for a game against a top 5 team.
Here is a URI fact to ponder. One of the largest walk-up ticket sales in the history of the Ryan Center was the 1600 that showed up for the Nebraska game. That game also included student attendance above the 1500 allotment at 2400. Without those two factors the game would not have sold out. (BTW, if you were counting dots back then, the day of the game you would counted roughly 2500 dots)

P. S. Available tickets are now below 900 - no guessing or counting involved. And we have two weeks to go.
Last edited by Obadiah 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Post by ramster »

Here is a URI fact to ponder. One of the largest walk-up ticket sales in the history of the Ryan Center was the 1600 that showed up for the Nebraska game. That game also included student attendance above the 1500 allotment at 2400. Without those two factors the game would not have sold out. (BTW, if you were counting dots back then, the day before the game you would counted roughly 2500 dots)

P. S. Available tickets are now below 900 - no guessing or counting involved. And we have two weeks to go.
Back in those days Dan Hurley put some of his own energy into publicizing games on campus. Do we need more of that from the Basketball office?
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Post by Obadiah »

I think the basketball office is already doing a great job on promotions in general and this game specifically.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Post by RI_Bred »

ikr? Lol it's kinda funny because it's "no sleep till brooklyn" but you know what sleeping masks are for?! :P
If this doesn't scream "typical RI" than I don't know what does...unreal.
Mobley was fouled.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Post by Rhodymob05 »

The game is almost two weeks away. It will fill up.
GO RAMS
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Post by RhodyRams916 »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 years ago

If this doesn't scream "typical RI" than I don't know what does...unreal.
They should've given fans reusable coffee mugs for "no sleep till brooklyn" lol
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Post by Rhody83 »

Here is a URI fact to ponder. One of the largest walk-up ticket sales in the history of the Ryan Center was the 1600 that showed up for the Nebraska game. That game also included student attendance above the 1500 allotment at 2400. Without those two factors the game would not have sold out. (BTW, if you were counting dots back then, the day of the game you would counted roughly 2500 dots)

Thank you for a sound response to the negative posts.
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Post by Rhodymob05 »

This one is cool.

GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago This one is cool.

They wouldn’t be doing these specials if tickets were selling.

Seems to me they’re panicking it’s not going to sell out.
Go Rhody
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Post by RF1 »

If tickets are not selling at a brisk rate now while still fighting for an NCAA bid, I would hate to see the scenario of trying to fill the Ryan Center for an NIT game with just days notice and a base starting at zero.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago If tickets are not selling at a brisk rate now while still fighting for an NCAA bid, I would hate to see the scenario of trying to fill the Ryan Center for an NIT game with just days notice and a base starting at zero.
Well...the one good (?) thing that has ever come from the NIT...the Iona game is when the wife and I decided to get season tix.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Post by Obadiah »

This promo for the Dayton game is a late push to sell out arena to offset the averse aspects of 9 PM start. Students attendance is always uncertain, but a week night game is more favorable to student attendance than the late start is negative. Available tickets now at less than 500.

The Saint Louis game is more a question of student attendance given the Sunday date. As of right now ticket availability is about 150. This game is taking on a similarity to the St Joe's game - sold out on purchase seats, but poor student turnout when only 500 showed up.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Post by Obadiah »

Latest on tickets : Less than 100 tickets available for the Saint Louis game and less than 300 left for the Dayton. Only question is the student turnout, expect it to be good for Dayton, weaker for Saint Louis. My guess is 7200 for SLU and Dayton close to sellout.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Post by steviep123 »

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago Latest on tickets : Less than 100 tickets available for the Saint Louis game and less than 300 left for the Dayton. Only question is the student turnout, expect it to be good for Dayton, weaker for Saint Louis. My guess is 7200 for SLU and Dayton close to sellout.
Obadiah (because I clearly have nothing better to do), I counted 126 green dots (most in the 300s). Lots of singles. That doesn't count the seats listed as obstructed view. I'm guessing there's anther 30 or 40 of those? This for the SLU game. Is there a way to purchase in the student section? I'm going to buy four tickets today. If the students aren't going to go, then I'd try to buy in that section if I can.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Post by Billyboy78 »

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago
Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago Latest on tickets : Less than 100 tickets available for the Saint Louis game and less than 300 left for the Dayton. Only question is the student turnout, expect it to be good for Dayton, weaker for Saint Louis. My guess is 7200 for SLU and Dayton close to sellout.
Obadiah (because I clearly have nothing better to do), I counted 126 green dots (most in the 300s). Lots of singles. That doesn't count the seats listed as obstructed view. I'm guessing there's anther 30 or 40 of those? This for the SLU game. Is there a way to purchase in the student section? I'm going to buy four tickets today. If the students aren't going to go, then I'd try to buy in that section if I can.
You're right. There's about 300 for SLU and about 450 for Dayton. Unobstructeds do count. There was a promotion going for student sections. I'm not sure if it's still going on.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Post by Obadiah »

Since they expect a lower student turnout for the Saint Louis game, they are selling some general admission tickets to offset that expectation. I believe they are $15 and are most likely in the 300 student sections. Availability should be good for four tickets.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Post by steviep123 »

I was able to grab a family four pack in section 313 for Sunday!
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
steviep123
Sly Williams

Post by steviep123 »

Since they expect a lower student turnout for the Saint Louis game, they are selling some general admission tickets to offset that expectation. I believe they are $15 and are most likely in the 300 student sections. Availability should be good for four tickets.
Damn, I should have waited.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Post by Billyboy78 »

All 8 of the student sections are now available for purchase for 15 dollars. Apparently not expecting many kids today.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Post by LoveThoseRams »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago All 8 of the student sections are now available for purchase for 15 dollars. Apparently not expecting many kids today.
It defies logic why any on-Campus students would not want to walk over to the Ryan on a Sunday afternoon to cheer on a potential NCAAT team?

10 years from now they will be worried about paying bills, a boss that is riding their fannies, a job they don’t like, whether or not they should get married, etc.

I DON’T GET IT...
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Post by Billyboy78 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago All 8 of the student sections are now available for purchase for 15 dollars. Apparently not expecting many kids today.
It defies logic why any on-Campus students would not want to walk over to the Ryan on a Sunday afternoon to cheer on a potential NCAAT team?

10 years from now they will be worried about paying bills, a boss that is riding their fannies, a job they don’t like, whether or not they should get married, etc.

I DON’T GET IT...
Neither do I. I would have been in line a couple of hours ago.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Post by RI_Bred »

That's insane, and really disappointing.
Mobley was fouled.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Post by Rhodyram »

I got 2 if anyone can use them. Can meet at RC at 1:00
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Post by Obadiah »

This situation is comparable to St. Joseph's game, which drew a crowd of 6,673, with three exceptions 1) better opponent, 2) better start time and day, 3) $15 general admission promo to fill student sections. The St. Joe's game drew 500 students and my guess is Saint Louis game will see a slight increase in students plus addition of general admission. My overall attendance guess is 7,200.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Post by RF1 »

A crowd of just 7,004 for today. General public came out buying nearly every seat typically not reserved. The lack of a sellout today was entirely on the URI student body as they failed to come out and support their team for the second straight game.