Predict Attendance for URI - IONA Game Tuesday Night

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.

Predict Attendance for URI - IONA NIT Game

Poll ended at 9 years ago

<2000
2%
2000 - 2500
4%
2501 - 3000
16%
3001 - 3500
13%
3501 - 4000
16%
4001 - 4500
24%
4501 - 5000
11%
5001 - 5500
11%
5501 - 6000
2%
6001 - 6500
No votes
6501 - 7000
No votes
>7000
No votes

Total votes: 45

GansettSummer
Marc Upshaw

Re: Predict Attendance for URI - IONA Game Tuesday Night

Unread post by GansettSummer »

josephski wrote:
Da_Process_Survivor wrote:
McRam wrote:Agree with everyone that the fans there sounded loud and seemed more than the announced attendance; but I was really surprised and disappointed at the small announced crowd.

It seems that only the hard core care and the majority of Rhode Island fans and students have to be dragged along kicking and screaming that they have something better to do and enjoy the nightlife in Warwick or Cranston.

I am quite confident that if Dayton or St Louis or VCU was in our situation last night that would have drawn the same or more than their season average.

Shame on

Is it possible that the the pricing of the tickets effected the turnout? What was the pricing?

PS Bressler, thanks for reminding me that I need to buy sinkhole insurance( Yes, it is an extra down here.)
Not even that complicated.

No students on campus and it was St Patty's Day. Fringe fans arent going to choose a game over a bar on March 17.

That plus the typical drop off for a mid week game
Even had students been back there were only 1000 tickets for students then you had to pay. I forget how much student tickets were after the initial 1000 but that would cause less students than other games because some would just not want to pay. Also the fact the game was played less than 48 hours after it was announced didn't help either.
Student tickets were $4 a piece after the 1,000 free ones ran out (which they obviously didn't).
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Why is there even an argument for student ticket prices when it never came anywhere close to being an issue? 1000 tickets were purchased and made available free of charge to URI students. All students per my understanding were emailed this information. Only a few hundred at best showed up (I do however give credit to the ones that did show as they were loud).
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Yep and if we are fortunate to host another NIT game and there are more than 1000 students who want to go, "someone" will purchase another block of tickets so no student has to pay anything. This has happened before and would happen again.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund