Senior Day - Honoring TJ, Gilvydas, and Eric

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: Senior Day - Honoring TJ, Gilvydas, and Eric

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Since the ceremony starts at 1:40, does anybody know if the gates open earlier than usual?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote:Since the ceremony starts at 1:40, does anybody know if the gates open earlier than usual?
No, same as usual. Lobby at 12:30, turnstiles at 1:00pm
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

Going to be my final game running the student section today. Great day to honor T.J, Gil, and Eric. Me, Keaney Blue Suit Man, and Flag boy will be saying our final goodbyes today as we graduate as well. Hopefully we can pass the reigns to more students next year to take over and start the Ruckus.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

gkaza, I hope you guys are passing the torch to some 'spirited' fans. nice vid on coxhub btw. 8-)

thanks to all those that make the ruckus rock!

and who knows there might be an NIT home game (or two) on the horizon.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

Is it just me or does Eric look like Dustin Pedrioa? They have same enthusiasm that's for sure. Is Petey moonlighting as a college basketball walk-on?
'No Mercy.'
860_rhody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 860_rhody »

Sweep The Leg wrote:Is it just me or does Eric look like Dustin Pedrioa? They have same enthusiasm that's for sure. Is Petey moonlighting as a college basketball walk-on?
No, he's way too tall to be Pedroia.
860_rhody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 860_rhody »

Seriously though, I am happy for this team, and can't wait for what the future holds. It's crazy to think that this is only the beginning. I could not have picked a better time to be a freshman at URI.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

gazakaza wrote:Going to be my final game running the student section today. Great day to honor T.J, Gil, and Eric. Me, Keaney Blue Suit Man, and Flag boy will be saying our final goodbyes today as we graduate as well. Hopefully we can pass the reigns to more students next year to take over and start the Ruckus.
Gazakaza you guys deserve a send off. You have done an excellent job. They should've given you JV's mic today to lead the crowd.
I hope you all are staying in the NE area and come back as alum. Affordable season tickets are available. You can join the rest of us in the stands. You aren't going to want to miss next year.
“We will be good when we are good.”
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

^^^^ Wow. What a pic.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

gazakaza wrote:Going to be my final game running the student section today. Great day to honor T.J, Gil, and Eric. Me, Keaney Blue Suit Man, and Flag boy will be saying our final goodbyes today as we graduate as well. Hopefully we can pass the reigns to more students next year to take over and start the Ruckus.
You guys did a great job. Hopefully there's some students that can pick up the torch
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ace wrote:
I was watching them during the introductions. What a great moment and this picture captured it perfectly
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

NJ03
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NJ03 »

Just Awesome
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

I've watched tj kiss the logo at least 20 times now...not getting old and still getting chills.

If he and Gil play like they did today all weekend...that will be his last time on the RC court, because we'll be dancing, and that would be perfect.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Gaz and Ruckus......great job adding to the Rhody hoops experience in the RC......yes, the 104 section should become Ruckus seats...... Where did blue suit man get the suit?....been browsing racks around the area, difficult to match the color.....maybe a fashion trend can be upon us....I am all in....thanks....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Nothing I can say about this day that hasn't been said so well by all on this board. A truly great day and time to be A URI fan. Thanks to all that make this board such a special place.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

We know they're great, but it's something special to hear what their teammates have to say about their seniors. Jarvis's comments on TJ have already been noted This is what Hassan wrote to Gilvydas before yesterday's game:

"Can't believe tomorrow is the last game in the Ryan Center I will play with you. Been two great years that I will never forget with you. Blood could never make us stronger, love you brother."
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

ace wrote:We know they're great, but it's something special to hear what their teammates have to say about their seniors. Jarvis's comments on TJ have already been noted This is what Hassan wrote to Gilvydas before yesterday's game:

"Can't believe tomorrow is the last game in the Ryan Center I will play with you. Been two great years that I will never forget with you. Blood could never make us stronger, love you brother."

I truly love this team.. I have never seen a brotherhood like the one that has formed with these guys in such short period. All credit goes to Coach Hurley for selecting great people and developing this culture. This is truly a special group, I hope we make a run to the dance, but if we don't, we have a lot of fun times ahead of us. Let's continue to support this special group..

THANK YOU COACH DAN HURLEY!!!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Mongo, second all of that, plus huge props to Dooley and Thorr for making it happen.

To have a successful program, it has to start at the top. Here, finally, it does.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

ace wrote:We know they're great, but it's something special to hear what their teammates have to say about their seniors. Jarvis's comments on TJ have already been noted This is what Hassan wrote to Gilvydas before yesterday's game:

In the post-game, Gilvydas said he probably bonded closer to Hassan.
Slava Ukraini!
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Perfect day and the future of the program is bright.

Nothing better than creating a culture that people can care about. Yes winning is important but seeing a group of kids an coaches that truly care about each other and the way they go about things is awesome.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »