Rutgers Coaching Search - Eddie Jordan hired (updated 4/18)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Rutgers Coaching Search - Eddie Jordan hired (updated 4/

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Take a moment RIGHT NOW to be thankful for the current situation we enjoy here at the University of Rhode Island Athletic Department.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Ramulous
Sly Williams

Unread post by Ramulous »

Cannot a person atone for earlier sins by evolving into a better person over 16 years.....??
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Yes, but it really makes you wonder if Rutgers knows how to vet anyone.
Jordan's resume lie, and now this.
What a mess.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Ramulous wrote:Cannot a person atone for earlier sins by evolving into a better person over 16 years.....??
Definitely agree with this sentiment, and I'm willing to assume that Hermann has learned from her past mistakes. However, the absurd part of this is that Rutgers either hired her knowing the situation around her leaving Tennessee, or that they didn't properly do their homework regarding a hugely important hiring. Not saying that Hermann is automatically excluded from an AD position because of what happened 16 years ago, but clearly this was not the right time and especially not at RU. What a joke they have become over the past couple months. Everything they do seems cursed at this point.
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Atoning for my past sins is a constant exercise by attempting to become a better person. I don't atone for my past sins from a prospective employer, a public university, by hiding behind the nebulous statement, "Wow…."
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

sf2010 wrote:
Ramulous wrote:Cannot a person atone for earlier sins by evolving into a better person over 16 years.....??
Definitely agree with this sentiment, and I'm willing to assume that Hermann has learned from her past mistakes. However, the absurd part of this is that Rutgers either hired her knowing the situation around her leaving Tennessee, or that they didn't properly do their homework regarding a hugely important hiring. Not saying that Hermann is automatically excluded from an AD position because of what happened 16 years ago, but clearly this was not the right time and especially not at RU. What a joke they have become over the past couple months. Everything they do seems cursed at this point.
Agree with this. It's the optics of the situation. You have a feeling that they didn't know about this when they hired her, because if they did, the sensible thing would be to frame it in a way to make her dismissal seem like a strength. "We've hired an AD that had a similar problem as a coach years ago, and she's learned from that situation that it isn't the proper way to run a program. We think she'll provide a unique perspective on the issues we're facing as a university."
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

Why, given the recent history, would Rutgers hire anyone with any kind of tainted background? URI's had some PR blunders in the past, but seldom in a span of a few months like Rutgers.
I heard a New Jersey reporter on the FAN say the hiring committee never bothered to ask her about past problems. Was Lamar Odom on the search committee?
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

SAy it aint so dear Ole Rutgers !!!!
guyfromnj
Jim Eitner

Unread post by guyfromnj »

When Hermann was first hired I thought this reaction was overblown. Well... guess I was wrong. Not sure RU can keep her now, and if they don't, reeeeeaaaaaally hope the next hire goes better.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I want her fired !!!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

When Boe Pearman was WBB coach at URI, there were allegation about verbal abuse of players. In the past 20 years there have been some URI football coaches whose salty language has risen to the level of verbal abuse toward our players even during games which could be clearly heard from the lower rows at Meade. I once played for a football coach who routinely broke clipboards on players helmets (but that is going back over a half century). My point here is that you need to take into account the era, place and situation where these alleged abuses occurred and not judge them by today's standards. Did Bear Bryant verbally abuse his players? TN is a neighboring State.
NCAAs or Bust!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What a mess at RU !!!
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Rutgers has had absolutely no standards whatsoever for years and years. This isn't much of a surprise.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Tom Penders was featured on ESPN's Outside The Lines discussing the Rutgers situation.