General High School Recruiting Discussion/Comments 2024-25

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Re: General High School Recruiting Discussion/Comments 2024 -2025

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Ramfan22 wrote: 3 weeks ago
Interesting to see us involved with another recruit from there, since Stewart and Foumena didn't work out for different reasons.
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Re: General High School Recruiting Discussion/Comments 2024-25

Unread post by STC »

Who was lead recruit for Foumena and Stewart? Is Cunningham the lead for CoC? Let’s hope a current assistant isn’t about to lose out to a former one.
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

STC wrote: 3 weeks ago Who was lead recruit for Foumena and Stewart? Is Cunningham the lead for CoC? Let’s hope a current assistant isn’t about to lose out to a former one.
Woodward
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

At one point we were recruiting Orangeville's top player, Jalik Dunkley Distant, former teammate of Fou and Rory and one of the top players in Canada. I know he played somewhere else his senior year. I don't think he has committed yet. Sean and Xavier were thought to be the leader, but I haven't heard anything on him in quite a while.
4Diffs
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 4Diffs »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 weeks ago At one point we were recruiting Orangeville's top player, Jalik Dunkley Distant, former teammate of Fou and Rory and one of the top players in Canada. I know he played somewhere else his senior year. I don't think he has committed yet. Sean and Xavier were thought to be the leader, but I haven't heard anything on him in quite a while.
This board is over the top in negativity and it is almost as bad as listening to the BS that is spewed on Boston sports talk radio. But why do we make it so easy to be negative. I mean, I am generally a positive person and I tell it like I see it but this recruitment as comical. Why are we recruiting a kid from the same high school as two players that just left the program, and one in my opinion that was treated quite unfairly in Foumena. Like yes I will go to the same school that two people from my school just went to and it did not work out for either one. A waste of time to do this. We offered and the kid would have to be a dingle bat (my opinion, but if I used to work with two people that went to another company and two years later they were fired which is what basically happened here, I do not think I would be that quick to make the same jump) to come here and I assume it is a different head coach if we even have our foot in the door. Move on. I think Orangeville will be dead to us for the foreseeable future. I do not get it but there is a lot of stuff I do not get anymore.

By the way BB I was only using your post as it said this was the same high school as Rory and Jeremy. Nothing in your post is negative.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

4Diffs wrote: 3 weeks ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 3 weeks ago At one point we were recruiting Orangeville's top player, Jalik Dunkley Distant, former teammate of Fou and Rory and one of the top players in Canada. I know he played somewhere else his senior year. I don't think he has committed yet. Sean and Xavier were thought to be the leader, but I haven't heard anything on him in quite a while.
This board is over the top in negativity and it is almost as bad as listening to the BS that is spewed on Boston sports talk radio. But why do we make it so easy to be negative. I mean, I am generally a positive person and I tell it like I see it but this recruitment as comical. Why are we recruiting a kid from the same high school as two players that just left the program, and one in my opinion that was treated quite unfairly in Foumena. Like yes I will go to the same school that two people from my school just went to and it did not work out for either one. A waste of time to do this. We offered and the kid would have to be a dingle bat (my opinion, but if I used to work with two people that went to another company and two years later they were fired which is what basically happened here, I do not think I would be that quick to make the same jump) to come here and I assume it is a different head coach if we even have our foot in the door. Move on. I think Orangeville will be dead to us for the foreseeable future. I do not get it but there is a lot of stuff I do not get anymore.

By the way BB I was only using your post as it said this was the same high school as Rory and Jeremy. Nothing in your post is negative.
Not going someplace because two others that went there couldn't cut the mustard here is a soft, lack of self-confidence reason to not go someplace. They weren't fired, they just didn't have what it took to make the grade. If I'm a kid from the same place, I'm just figuring that "Yeah, they couldn't cut it, but I'm better than them."
Stop being so negative :lol:
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

totally forgot about Jalik Dunkley Distant, pretty sure he’s uncommitted right now.
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Pretty sure I saw he dropped in rankings, might be due to playing in a more competitive HS league where he might’ve been more exposed
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Ramfan22 wrote: 3 weeks ago totally forgot about Jalik Dunkley Distant, pretty sure he’s uncommitted right now.
https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/j ... 02?view=pv
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Dino611 wrote: 3 weeks ago Pretty sure I saw he dropped in rankings, might be due to playing in a more competitive HS league where he might’ve been more exposed
He has dropped off. Class of 2024 and still not signed with anyone
Offer list has not expanded.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 3 weeks ago
Dino611 wrote: 3 weeks ago Pretty sure I saw he dropped in rankings, might be due to playing in a more competitive HS league where he might’ve been more exposed
He has dropped off. Class of 2024 and still not signed with anyone
Offer list has not expanded.
I'll take him.
jakepnickers
Abdul Fox

Unread post by jakepnickers »

Ramfan22 wrote: 3 weeks ago totally forgot about Jalik Dunkley Distant, pretty sure he’s uncommitted right now.

Would appear he and his twin brother are going the NAIA route, seems like he had some D1 interest. No inside knowledge but may be a package deal situation. Also appears he was not at Orangeville last year.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

jakepnickers wrote: 3 weeks ago

Would appear he and his twin brother are going the NAIA route, seems like he had some D1 interest. No inside knowledge but may be a package deal situation. Also appears he was not at Orangeville last year.
That screams to me that he didn't like his offers and decided to continue in prep school for another year?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Here's recent clips of JDD and our recent Orangeville offer, Elijah Duval. Can't tell much from highlight tapes, but they are both very athletic.

jakepnickers
Abdul Fox

Unread post by jakepnickers »

sevegny7 wrote: 3 weeks ago
jakepnickers wrote: 3 weeks ago
That screams to me that he didn't like his offers and decided to continue in prep school for another year?
For sure. From his social media, He transferred prep schools and also participated in Overtime Elite League (appearing to keep college eligibility as he has committed to the NAIA school). If there is still any connection, could see him pop up next recruiting cycle but seems unlikely as our offer was not enough this cycle.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

The Fall River kid isn't going to Arizona after all. Instead, Bobby Hurley gets him.

Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago The Fall River kid isn't going to Arizona after all. Instead, Bobby Hurley gets him.

NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Go Bobby Hurls!!!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 weeks ago Go Bobby Hurls!!!
Arizona State wasn't even in Sanon's final 5, but guess who was?....UConn!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago The Fall River kid isn't going to Arizona after all. Instead, Bobby Hurley gets him.

Makes sense, Caleb Love announced he was coming back and 15 minutes later Sonon announced to AZ St.

Must’ve been in the works for a few weeks.
Go Rhody
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago

Wow, he really looks like the father in that picture.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Big 12 so good in hoops , hope he does well
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

reef wrote: 2 weeks ago Big 12 so good in hoops , hope he does well
Reef, it’s a snooze fest on this side of the board. No prep recruiting chatter. No future potential Rhody players skill sets to check out and discuss how they might project in college.

Man, I miss that stuff.

Times…they are a-changin’