A10 Outlook for 21-22

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: A10 Outlook for 21-22

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago

It’s the same team as last year with only Russell replaced by El-Amin.
Plus, Sutton replaced by Bozeman, and Makhi back.
Let's see what a difference a year makes.
Makhi played 8 games and came off the bench.

I don’t expect much difference from an assistant coach change. Head Coaches call the shots.

Yea, I think people here are putting waaaaay too much stock in a new assistant coach.

And I can probably guarantee that if we surprise people and win more than expected, most people will credit Bozeman more than Cox.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Plus, Sutton replaced by Bozeman, and Makhi back.
Let's see what a difference a year makes.

I don’t expect much difference from an assistant coach change. Head Coaches call the shots.
I think Makhi would of been a factor, and there is probably good reason why they made a change and brought in Bozeman.
Makhi started vs Arizona State and Boston College then lost the starting job to Makhel. We know what he can do.

Changing out assistant coach Sutton for Bozeman remains to be seen. I recall some people saying good things about Sutton in the past.

Point is I’m hearing some say this is a hard team to predict. I’d say it’s easy to predict since only Grad Year El-Amin replaces Grad year Russell.

Makhel we know about.

Not much is different.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

I think Makhi would of been a factor, and there is probably good reason why they made a change and brought in Bozeman.
Makhi started vs Arizona State and Boston College then lost the starting job to Makhel. We know what he can do.

Changing out assistant coach Sutton for Bozeman remains to be seen. I recall some people saying good things about Sutton in the past.

Point is I’m hearing some say this is a hard team to predict. I’d say it’s easy to predict since only Grad Year El-Amin replaces Grad year Russell.

Makhel we know about.

Not much is different.
Makhi's best game was against Seton Hall, probably our biggest win (11 pts/11 rebs) in 22 minutes. Maybe he was just starting to come into his own and fitting in.

I don't feel Bozeman will be a complete difference maker, but rather a nice addition to compliment Cox.

I think our biggest improvement will come from these players having a full year together and maybe the growth of our staff.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Makhel we know about.

Not much is different.
Makhi's best game was against Seton Hall, probably our biggest win (11 pts/11 rebs) in 22 minutes. Maybe he was just starting to come into his own and fitting in.

I don't feel Bozeman will be a complete difference maker, but rather a nice addition to compliment Cox.

I think our biggest improvement will come from these players having a full year together and maybe the growth of our staff.
Which is fairly easy to predict which is my point.

Same players, same coaching staff with two exceptions:

Bozeman for Sutton
El Amin for Russell for this season only

Assumes freshmen and redshirts don’t breakthrough.

All others are known and we have seen play here
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Ya Makhi was awesome against Seton Hall. We have no idea how he was going to develop as the year went on. I think he has more upside than anyone on the team.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Don't think its accurate to say we know what to expect from Makhi given the limited body of work. Remember, of the twins he was the more highly regarded and Makhel put up a very respectable 9ppg and 6rpg in A-10 play. Also of note is that biggest leap in a player's development usually comes between their FR and SO years...for the Mitchells due to their limited PT at Maryland last year was basically their FR year. IMO our ceiling will be determined by how well (or not well) they perform. Having two 6'10 guys that can get you double doubles is a potential difference maker if they are deployed correctly. Same can be said for Leggett entering his SO year and hopefully we see an uptick from him. I would agree from everyone else you sorta know what to expect and I have zero expectations for the FR to contribute anything this year. I also agree that I wouldn't expect much improvement as a result of Bozeman. Will he help, of course, but end of day this all comes down to the HC and the players.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Good take BAR. Agreed.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

A10 Basketball Media Days 10/27 and 10/28

https://atlantic10.com/news/2021/10/17/ ... 27-28.aspx

Thurs. 10/28, 12:45 URI Men featuring Cox, Shep, and EA
Thurs, 10/28, 1:05 URI Women featuring Reiss, Vargas, and Tahane.
Last edited by Jersey77 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

It’s the same team as last year with only Russell replaced by El-Amin. Not much different to surprise other than a year more experience
Mahki was considered the better of the twins and he was injured early in the season. Last year the team was built around Fatts playing a major role and that didn't happen. If Mahki returns to form and the rest improve, we could be a top 4 A10 team. If El-Amin is a significant contributor - great, but I'm not counting on it. I want URI to be successful - do you?
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago

It’s the same team as last year with only Russell replaced by El-Amin. Not much different to surprise other than a year more experience
Mahki was considered the better of the twins and he was injured early in the season. Last year the team was built around Fatts playing a major role and that didn't happen. If Mahki returns to form and the rest improve, we could be a top 4 A10 team. If El-Amin is a significant contributor - great, but I'm not counting on it. I want URI to be successful - do you?

I’m pretty sure (actually very sure) Fatts had a major role seeing how he took about 97% of the shots and had the ball in his hands 99% of the time. Can’t really have a bigger role than that.
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Makhel we know about.

Not much is different.

Which is fairly easy to predict which is my point.

Same players, same coaching staff with two exceptions:

Bozeman for Sutton
El Amin for Russell for this season only

Assumes freshmen and redshirts don’t breakthrough.

All others are known and we have seen play here
Not so easy for me to predict.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

What teams will Conference USA go after, if they take such a huge hit?

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

That 14 team AAC would be an extremely underwhelming conference. Barf.

I doubt any A10 teams would bolt for Conference USA.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Dayton, Richmond and St Joseph's

Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Didn't see this before, copied from A10 Talk:

Rhode Island
"The 2021-22 Rhode Island Rams find themselves with an entirely new identity to develop, following the transfer of would be 5th-year senior guard Fatts Russell to Maryland. The Rams also lost sharpshooting wing DJ Johnson and big man Jermaine Harris to the transfer portal. However, the Rams did bring back senior guard Jeremy Sheppard for a graduate season in his 5th-year of eligibility, but just his 2nd season in Kingston. Without any other rotation players graduating or transferring, they look to build upon an up-and-down season a year ago when they went on to have a middling 10-15 record overall, and a 7-10 record in conference play to finish 10th in the A10. Sheppard is joined by Ball State transfer guard Ishmael El-Amin to solidify an experienced backcourt . El-Amin averaged 16.2 points and 2.9 assists per game last year for Ball State, and should be an instant impact in the 2021-22 Rams offense. Forwards should be a pretty deep group for Rhody, with Malik Martin, Antwan Walker, and both Makhi and Makhel Mitchell all vying for significant minutes. Makhel Mitchell looks to build on what was a phenomenal 2020 season where he averaged 9.6 points and 5.6 rebounds per game. Mitchell was a formidable interior presence, and could be a sneaky candidate to be on the 2021-22 A10 All-Defensive team. Ishmael Leggett likely slides back into the sixth man role after a strong freshman campaign where he averaged 6.6 points and 2.6 rebounds per game. Tres Berry is the Rhody redshirt freshman to watch with A10 All-Rookie team potential if given the playing time."

"All in all, this looks to be a pivotal year in the David Cox era – with some pressure following the team’s 1st losing season since 2013-14. Newcomer assistant coach Todd Bozeman, (former Morgan State and Cal head coach) brings a ton of experience to the coaching staff."

"Despite losing star Fatts Russell, the Rhody Rams should have enough experience to build upon a volatile 2020-21 season. Without a particularly robust non-conference schedule, the Rams will need to be near the top of the A10 to have a chance at an NCAA tournament bid."

Conference Record Prediction: 12-6

-Michael Gilligan, A10 Talk URI

https://www.a10talk.com/the-2021-22-a10 ... n-preview/
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago Didn't see this before, copied from A10 Talk:

Rhode Island
"The 2021-22 Rhode Island Rams find themselves with an entirely new identity to develop, following the transfer of would be 5th-year senior guard Fatts Russell to Maryland. The Rams also lost sharpshooting wing DJ Johnson and big man Jermaine Harris to the transfer portal. However, the Rams did bring back senior guard Jeremy Sheppard for a graduate season in his 5th-year of eligibility, but just his 2nd season in Kingston. Without any other rotation players graduating or transferring, they look to build upon an up-and-down season a year ago when they went on to have a middling 10-15 record overall, and a 7-10 record in conference play to finish 10th in the A10. Sheppard is joined by Ball State transfer guard Ishmael El-Amin to solidify an experienced backcourt . El-Amin averaged 16.2 points and 2.9 assists per game last year for Ball State, and should be an instant impact in the 2021-22 Rams offense. Forwards should be a pretty deep group for Rhody, with Malik Martin, Antwan Walker, and both Makhi and Makhel Mitchell all vying for significant minutes. Makhel Mitchell looks to build on what was a phenomenal 2020 season where he averaged 9.6 points and 5.6 rebounds per game. Mitchell was a formidable interior presence, and could be a sneaky candidate to be on the 2021-22 A10 All-Defensive team. Ishmael Leggett likely slides back into the sixth man role after a strong freshman campaign where he averaged 6.6 points and 2.6 rebounds per game. Tres Berry is the Rhody redshirt freshman to watch with A10 All-Rookie team potential if given the playing time.

All in all, this looks to be a pivotal year in the David Cox era – with some pressure following the team’s 1st losing season since 2013-14. Newcomer assistant coach Todd Bozeman, (former Morgan State and Cal head coach) brings a ton of experience to the coaching staff.

Despite losing star Fatts Russell, the Rhody Rams should have enough experience to build upon a volatile 2020-21 season. Without a particularly robust non-conference schedule, the Rams will need to be near the top of the A10 to have a chance at an NCAA tournament bid."

This statement about Leggett makes me discount everything this guy says. I’ll be shocked and very disappointed if Leggett is not in the starting line up. Took too long last season to get him in the starting line up. He’s there now, must keep him there.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhode Island
"The 2021-22 Rhode Island Rams find themselves with an entirely new identity to develop, following the transfer of would be 5th-year senior guard Fatts Russell to Maryland. The Rams also lost sharpshooting wing DJ Johnson and big man Jermaine Harris to the transfer portal. However, the Rams did bring back senior guard Jeremy Sheppard for a graduate season in his 5th-year of eligibility, but just his 2nd season in Kingston. Without any other rotation players graduating or transferring, they look to build upon an up-and-down season a year ago when they went on to have a middling 10-15 record overall, and a 7-10 record in conference play to finish 10th in the A10. Sheppard is joined by Ball State transfer guard Ishmael El-Amin to solidify an experienced backcourt . El-Amin averaged 16.2 points and 2.9 assists per game last year for Ball State, and should be an instant impact in the 2021-22 Rams offense. Forwards should be a pretty deep group for Rhody, with Malik Martin, Antwan Walker, and both Makhi and Makhel Mitchell all vying for significant minutes. Makhel Mitchell looks to build on what was a phenomenal 2020 season where he averaged 9.6 points and 5.6 rebounds per game. Mitchell was a formidable interior presence, and could be a sneaky candidate to be on the 2021-22 A10 All-Defensive team. Ishmael Leggett likely slides back into the sixth man role after a strong freshman campaign where he averaged 6.6 points and 2.6 rebounds per game. Tres Berry is the Rhody redshirt freshman to watch with A10 All-Rookie team potential if given the playing time.

All in all, this looks to be a pivotal year in the David Cox era – with some pressure following the team’s 1st losing season since 2013-14. Newcomer assistant coach Todd Bozeman, (former Morgan State and Cal head coach) brings a ton of experience to the coaching staff.

Despite losing star Fatts Russell, the Rhody Rams should have enough experience to build upon a volatile 2020-21 season. Without a particularly robust non-conference schedule, the Rams will need to be near the top of the A10 to have a chance at an NCAA tournament bid."

This statement about Leggett makes me discount everything this guy says. I’ll be shocked and very disappointed if Leggett is not in the starting line up. Took too long last season to get him in the starting line up. He’s there now, must keep him there.
I agree about Ish, and will be shocked if he doesn't start. I just hope he builds from his freshman year and doesn't fall into that sophomore slump.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rhode Island

Not bad to see a positive outlook on the team, although I don't really know who Gilligan is, and the A-10 Talk contributor page isn't updated with bios yet. I'm guessing he might be an undergrad or recent grad.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Expected to be the top A10 impact transfer.

Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I will probably get pushback from many of you, but I actually feel Rhody should finish top 5 in the A10, probably 5th.
I think VCU will fall between 6-8. The loss of 2 starters (already) is tough to overcome regardless of their depth. I realize Ace may return in Jan, but not sure how effective he will be coming back from a very serious injury.

Aside from the Bonnies and Richmond our rotation of 8 players should be as strong as any in this conference.
We return 6 of our top 7 scorers.
I still have Dayton and SLU ahead of us because of their talent.

Davidson and St. Joes can also move into the top 5, they both have a lot of proven players returning.
UMass won't be far behind.

Our team will go as far as this staff will take them. Hopefully we see much improvement and growth from our coaches.

I realize this is a big jump from our 10th place finish last season, but I choose to put last year in my rearview mirror.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago I will probably get pushback from many of you, but I actually feel Rhody should finish top 5 in the A10, probably 5th.
I think VCU will fall between 6-8. The loss of 2 starters (already) is tough to overcome regardless of their depth. I realize Ace may return in Jan, but not sure how effective he will be coming back from a very serious injury.

Aside from the Bonnies and Richmond our rotation of 8 players should be as strong as any in this conference.

Davidson and St. Joes can also move into the top 5, they both have a lot of proven players returning.

Our team will go as far as this staff will take them. Hopefully we see much improvement and growth from our coaches.

I realize this is a big jump from our 10th place finish last season, but I choose to put last year in my rearview mirror.
I'm not going to offer too much pushback lol, and least right now, 77.

I think there is enough talent here to win 18-20 games, especially with this OOC schedule.

Maybe I'm being a little optimistic even.

As all of you know, that's not the biggest issue.

Can this staff somehow coach them up to that number of wins?

Past history with this coach does not support this.

Can Cox improve? Will he? If so, how much?

Will Bozeman help there?

You have to think there will be some improvement....it's hard to be much worse than what we saw last season.

My opinion is, Cox is who he is....a really nice guy who unfortunately isn't going to get us to that next level.

This program needs a guy who CAN get us there....a Hurley, not another Baron.

Baron was given way too many chances to prove he wasn't good enough.

How many more chances will Cox get?
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago I will probably get pushback from many of you, but I actually feel Rhody should finish top 5 in the A10, probably 5th.

With good coaching, I think this is a top 4 A10... With adequate coaching, I think we fall to 6th-7th.. With bad coaching, we will finish around 10th again.

I'm pumped to get the season started, and I have hope we will make some noise in the A10 this year.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Maybe Obie can give us the date when he starts the prediction contest?

I'm guessing he'll wait until just after the exhibition game....not that it will tell us very much.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…….might tell us a bit about JWU………
Ram logo via Grist 1938
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I like your optimism Jersey 77 . i am of the feeling that the team is being underrated by most after a disappointing 10- 15 record last season . IMO the
team lacked cohesion last season that made them look worse talent wise than they actually were . My reasons for the lack of cohesion were: one
most of the players were unfamiliar with each other and it showed , two the players deferred to Fatts to carry them too much and I think he felt he had to put the offense on his back alone three the season was so disjointed that they didn't even know from day to day who they would be playing and
where or when.sometimes it was even hard for us as fans to keep up with the schedule changes . It made the season feel like a collection of exhibitions
and sometimes the team seemed to be lacking intensity due to that feel. I believe and hope ( Contradictions ? Maybe) that we will see a completely different team this time around . I can see this team finishing anywhere from third to sixth depending on whether they put things together quickly or not
and if all of the key players are able to stay healthy for a change , especially the Mitchells . Disclaimer: I am an extreme optimist , so don't hate me for that .
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

luke wrote: 2 years ago I like your optimism Jersey 77 . i am of the feeling that the team is being underrated by most after a disappointing 10- 15 record last season . IMO the
team lacked cohesion last season that made them look worse talent wise than they actually were . My reasons for the lack of cohesion were: one
most of the players were unfamiliar with each other and it showed , two the players deferred to Fatts to carry them too much and I think he felt he had to put the offense on his back alone three the season was so disjointed that they didn't even know from day to day who they would be playing and
where or when.sometimes it was even hard for us as fans to keep up with the schedule changes . It made the season feel like a collection of exhibitions
and sometimes the team seemed to be lacking intensity due to that feel. I believe and hope ( Contradictions ? Maybe) that we will see a completely different team this time around . I can see this team finishing anywhere from third to sixth depending on whether they put things together quickly or not
and if all of the key players are able to stay healthy for a change , especially the Mitchells . Disclaimer: I am an extreme optimist , so don't hate me for that .
Yes, last season was a mess and as a fan it seemed like just a collection of scrimmages.
Obviously it counted, but the NCAA understood all the difficulties and awarded all the players an additional year of eligibility (never before done).

This year should be a true test, and give us a good indication of where this program is headed.
I am optimistic about this team, but the staff and players need to prove it on the floor.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Perkins injured in SLU exhibition game.
Could be devastating news for him and SLU if he is out for an extended period of time. He is arguably the best player in the A10 after deciding to return for the additional year.
Hopefully he is okay and the test results show nothing serious.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college ... eaa6f.html

Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Wow, horrible news for this young man
Expectations will be tempered for SLU after losing the top player in the A10.

steveystuds06
Sly Williams

That is absolutely horrible. Ugh 😩
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Never, ever root for injuries. With this being reality though the path to us being a top 3 team isn’t as challenging as you’d think. By NO means is that my expectation, but you have Bona and UR and then everyone else in my opinion. Before injuries SLU and VCU were clearly a tier above, not sure about that anymore.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Terrible news for the kid, but let's take advantage of the opportunity.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Akin to when EC went down minutes into his highly anticipated Junior year. We struggled to a bit over .500 and I would imagine similar fate for SLU. They have talent but they are young. What makes this one worse is he probably should have left to go get paid after last season.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Awful news hate to see that happen
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

At least ACL tears are no longer career killers. Rest and rehab for a year, and I'm sure he'll be making money somewhere next season.

Absolutely sucks though that he came back to improve his NBA stock, play in front of crowds again, and won't even get the chance.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

In an exhibition game

View of how it happened.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports/col ... 073d177006
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

With Perkins now out, SLU could easily slide out of the top 5, along with VCU.

Our chances to move into the top 5 A10 has improved if we can stay healthy.
Davidson and St. Joe's can also make that jump.

Much of Davidson's success will depend on Michigan State transfer PG Foster Loyer. He played solid minutes for them and was a top 4* recruit, including Michigan's Mr. Basketball award.
We know they have a solid frontcourt, along with all A10 wing Lee.
Not to mention having McKillop on the sidelines.

St. Joe's also looks pretty good with all A10 picks Taylor Funk and Jordan Hall.
They also have Bishop, Cam Brown, and Forrest as solid backcourt contributors.

The top 3 should still be: Bonnies, Richmond, and Dayton.
The next 3 or 4 spots will be a crap shoot.
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

St. Louis odds of winning the A10 Regular Season Crown took a fairly big hit in Vegas following the Perkins injury news. St. Louis had the 4th best odds but have now been dropped to 7th.

FWIW, this is how Vegas see's the A10 Regular Season going:

St. Bona -125
Richmond +280
VCU +950
Davidson +1400
Dayton +1700
Rhode Island +1700
Saint Louis +3500
George Mason +4200
Duquesne +4200
UMass +5000
GWU +13000
LaSalle +21000
St. Joe's +37000
Fordham +50000
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

STC wrote: 2 years ago St. Louis odds of winning the A10 Regular Season Crown took a fairly big hit in Vegas following the Perkins injury news. St. Louis had the 4th best odds but have now been dropped to 7th.

St. Bona -125
Richmond +280
VCU +950
Davidson +1400
Dayton +1700
Rhode Island +1700
Saint Louis +3500
George Mason +4200
Duquesne +4200
UMass +5000
GWU +13000
LaSalle +21000
St. Joe's +37000
Fordham +50000
Just curious, which sportsbook(s) is(are) advertising A10 regular season odds? Circa or Westgate?
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago
STC wrote: 2 years ago St. Louis odds of winning the A10 Regular Season Crown took a fairly big hit in Vegas following the Perkins injury news. St. Louis had the 4th best odds but have now been dropped to 7th.

St. Bona -125
Richmond +280
VCU +950
Davidson +1400
Dayton +1700
Rhode Island +1700
Saint Louis +3500
George Mason +4200
Duquesne +4200
UMass +5000
GWU +13000
LaSalle +21000
St. Joe's +37000
Fordham +50000
Just curious, which sportsbook(s) is(are) advertising A10 regular season odds? Circa or Westgate?
These odds are courtesy of Boyd Sports.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

St. Bona -125
Richmond +280
VCU +950
Davidson +1400
Dayton +1700
Rhode Island +1700
Saint Louis +3500
George Mason +4200
Duquesne +4200
UMass +5000
GWU +13000
LaSalle +21000
St. Joe's +37000
Fordham +50000
Surprised they still have VCU that high. I realize they have good depth which will certainly be put to the test this season.
With Watkins out for the year and not sure how Ace will be if he returns in January, much will depend on transfer Tsohonis and freshman Nunn.
Those are 2 big holes to fill to start the season.
At this point, I think our rotation of 8 is stronger than VCU's and we do seem to play well against them.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Games we win- 7-0
vs LaSalle
vs St. Joes
vs GW
at Fordham
at GW
at George Mason
vs Duquense

Games we could win- 4-2
vs Dayton
vs Davidson
vs St. Louis
at St. Joes
vs Umass
at Umass

Games I think we will lose- 1-4
at Davidson
vs Richmond
at Dayton
at VCU
at Bonnies

I think we will finish 12-6 and that should put us as a top-four A10 team..

What do you think Jersey?
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Fordham at 10 million
GO RAMS
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Games we win- 7-0
vs LaSalle
vs St. Joes
vs GW
at Fordham
at GW
at George Mason
vs Duquense

Games we could win- 4-2
vs Dayton
vs Davidson
vs St. Louis
at St. Joes
vs Umass
at Umass

at Davidson
vs Richmond
at Dayton
at VCU
at Bonnies

Stevey I agree with you.
I originally predicted 11-7 A10 record, prior to the injury bug biting VCU and SLU.
We probably won't win all the games we are supposed to, that usually never happens.
Now I think 12-6 is a good possibility, maybe a bit too optimistic for some here.
Sweeping both St. Joes and UMass will be very difficult.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

vs LaSalle
vs St. Joes
vs GW
at Fordham
at GW
at George Mason
vs Duquense

Games we could win- 4-2
vs Dayton
vs Davidson
vs St. Louis
at St. Joes
vs Umass
at Umass

at Davidson
vs Richmond
at Dayton
at VCU
at Bonnies

Stevey I agree with you.
I originally predicted 11-7 A10 record, prior to the injury bug biting VCU and SLU.
We probably won't win all the games we are supposed to, that usually never happens.
Now I think 12-6 is a good possibility, maybe a bit too optimistic for some here.
Sweeping both St. Joes and UMass will be very difficult.
Yes, we will have some surprise wins and some surprise losses, I'm sure. But watching Cox in his interviews today got me excited. He seems locked in and confident in this years team. I love his answer that the goal has not changed, and we want to be at the top of the A10 and, more importantly, receive a bid.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…….yep, like the “Chip on the shoulder comment”……..Go Rhody…..
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

I'm thinking 18-0. Sorry, can't help but be facetious. Not a fan of predictions. Let's get this season started.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

vs LaSalle
vs St. Joes
vs GW
at Fordham
at GW
at George Mason
vs Duquense

Games we could win- 4-2
vs Dayton
vs Davidson
vs St. Louis
at St. Joes
vs Umass
at Umass

at Davidson
vs Richmond
at Dayton
at VCU
at Bonnies

We'll see if Makhel can make a lay up against GW this year
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

35-1 for STL worth a few bucks even without Javonte