1/31 | VCU | 7:00PM (ESPN2)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Re: 1/31 | VCU | 7:00PM (ESPN2)

Unread post by JimSidd »

For those of you who watched the game on ESPN2, I have to know ...... did they give the Fatts baby name story? If they didn’t, that would break the streak of, oh ... every televised game he’s played in!
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago I think Dowtin has put it best when he said "we have work to do ". We are half way through the conference with some big games coming up. Let's not forget our past - the February swoons, the UMass blasts from the past, etc. Our record does include at intervals the blowing of big leads. It hasn't cost a game, let's keep it that way.
Baron is no longer the coach here. Most of what you say does not apply.
I deal in facts and don't engage in irrelevant comments about a coach who is long gone. And speaking of facts, I have a news flash, David Cox was the coach last year in February when URI lost 7 of eight games, five in a row including one to lowly Fordham in our house.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody72 wrote: 4 years ago Gina supporting URI getting its own governing board was huge for the future of URI. The State reduced funding but gave URI greater control over its future. URI should be a research university first and foremost, the way other great State Universities are oriented.
She didn't really support it. Mattielo proposed it, Raimondo was annoyed that it was proposed late in the session and said it was a proposal that needed to be studied, at that point because it was so late in the session Mattielo folded it in to the budget so as soon as the budget was passed and signed we got our own board
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

JimSidd wrote: 4 years ago For those of you who watched the game on ESPN2, I have to know ...... did they give the Fatts baby name story? If they didn’t, that would break the streak of, oh ... every televised game he’s played in!
Oh, they brought it up. As a matter of fact I think it's now the longest streak in URI history surpassing Hurley's consecutive games with a bench warning streak
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago

What can I say - I lead a charmed life. I keep getting Wifi @ the Ryan. :D
Tell me your secrets!
Find out where Pete sits and get tickets near him. WiFi is location dependent when it’s getting overloaded. I sit in the first row of 305 and it’s usually pretty good. If not I shut of WiFi and use my cell service.
Getting sporadic WiFi is no cause for celebration. I still can't send pictures to friends and get bounced off the Internet every 5 minutes.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

Tell me your secrets!
Find out where Pete sits and get tickets near him. WiFi is location dependent when it’s getting overloaded. I sit in the first row of 305 and it’s usually pretty good. If not I shut of WiFi and use my cell service.
Getting sporadic WiFi is no cause for celebration. I still can't send pictures to friends and get bounced off the Internet every 5 minutes.
I sit near Pete. I’m yet to experience his WiFi luck.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago
JimSidd wrote: 4 years ago For those of you who watched the game on ESPN2, I have to know ...... did they give the Fatts baby name story? If they didn’t, that would break the streak of, oh ... every televised game he’s played in!
Oh, they brought it up. As a matter of fact I think it's now the longest streak in URI history surpassing Hurley's consecutive games with a bench warning streak
They brought it up with the caveat “though you have probably heard why he is called Fatts already” or something similar..after they explained “Bones” nickname.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
I sit near Pete. I’m yet to experience his WiFi luck.
I have mostly the same luck as Pete. But it does tend to fail midway through the second half.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

Busy couple days so just getting to post now... what a great game! Nothing better than a full Ryan Center when Rhody is playing well. Love it! Also great to see Dawan Robinson, Delroy James and Will Leviton in the house.

That run by Dowtin in the first half was special. So happy to see his shots falling more lately. He is right up there with some of my all time favorite Rams.

Speaking of which... How bout the kid who got chosen for trivia contest and said he didn’t know who Ulmer, Cothran, Mobley, Wheeler and Murphy was! Not sure who got more boos, him or Gina.

I think my favorite moment of the night though was when Cyril dunked on Santos-Silva head. VCU has had a pretty good team the past few years but the Shaka Smart Havoc days are long gone. Giving credit where it is due though, Bones is a player. Wish he would have come here.

Hopefully the TN recruits enjoyed themselves and saw the love we have for our Rams. Clearly the best Rams in the A10!
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Quick comment on interior defense. SantoSilva was projected to be 1st team all A10 before this game. He’s having a good season. JH and Cyril suffocated him. Didn’t let him get deep in the paint, didn’t let him get across the lane for his hook shot, boxed him out well on rebounds. Anyone who says JH isn’t critical to this team is an idiot. He’ll have another tough matchup with Mitchell this week.

The only thing that irritates me about SantoSilva is that he flops and doesn’t look to block shots. If you’re 6’7, 240, you should have SOME presents on the defensive interior. THAT (in my humble opinion) is what limits VCUs upside. They have good guards and SS is tough to stop on the offensive end, but their interior defense is going to handcuff them when playing teams with imposing front lines.
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers