12/1 | Harvard | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: 12/1 | Harvard | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago Suspended handed out, length TBD. Since I don't really want this game thread to devolve into victory laps / drama, please keep discussion focused on the Harvard game result. Thanks.
You just said no victory laps so then a poster shows a picture of a guy finishing a victory lap.

You can’t make this stuff up :lol:
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago Suspended handed out, length TBD. Since I don't really want this game thread to devolve into victory laps / drama, please keep discussion focused on the Harvard game result. Thanks.
You just said no victory laps so then a poster shows a picture of a guy finishing a victory lap.

Ramster. Props for being you and not hiding from your feelings. We can argue but I know who I'm talking too
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Re: 11/1 | Harvard | 7:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago We need Carey back.

Thomas has shown he's clearly not ready for substantial minutes.
Debbie Downer is at it again...now Bassy is in his sights.
Uhhhh, no…???

Cox didn’t even think he was ready for substantial minutes, but he did well in preseason.

Early results so far seen to reinforce Cox’s initial feeling. Thomas was even supposed to spend a post grad year this season but enrolled early.
For some reason the Coach thinks differently...go figure!
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

I know you smiled when you saw that.... If someone feeds me a perfect pass, I have to throw it down.... ha ha...

We're on to PC.
'No Mercy.'
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Sweep The Leg wrote: 2 years ago

I know you smiled when you saw that.... If someone feeds me a perfect pass, I have to throw it down.... ha ha...

We're on to PC.
Beautifully done!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Fantastic stuff guys , Go Rhody !!
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

The drama is better in this forum than anything I watch on TV.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

UCH21377 wrote: 2 years ago The drama is better in this forum than anything I watch on TV.
Just can't make this shit up, quite entertaining especially for us retired guys. :)
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

RRPOKRI. New reality show. Real Rhody Posters of Kingston RI
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
UCH21377 wrote: 2 years ago The drama is better in this forum than anything I watch on TV.
Just can't make this shit up, quite entertaining especially for us retired guys. :)
Agree love the passion here , easily top 5 message board in the country
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Debbie Downer is at it again...now Bassy is in his sights.
Uhhhh, no…???

Cox didn’t even think he was ready for substantial minutes, but he did well in preseason.

Early results so far seen to reinforce Cox’s initial feeling. Thomas was even supposed to spend a post grad year this season but enrolled early.
Not only that, the Coach is going to Thomas in clutch situations, subbing him in when he needs more defensive pressure and increasing his minutes.

It would not surprise me if sometime this season Thomas gets a start, or two or three based on his increasing role.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Uhhhh, no…???

Not only that, the Coach is going to Thomas in clutch situations, subbing him in when he needs more defensive pressure and increasing his minutes.

It would not surprise me if sometime this season Thomas gets a start, or two or three based on his increasing role.
I am pleasantly surprised by Bassy, some of the locals here were unimpressed when he committed.
Although I would be shocked if he gets any starts, unless the injury bug really bites our guards.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I am pleasantly surprised by Bassy, some of the locals here were unimpressed when he committed.
Although, I would be shocked if he gets any starts, unless the injury bug really bites our guards.
With this kid nothing should surprise. Cox said Thomas is in the gym at 1am, 2am……he is like a sponge looking at game tapes, trying to learn as much as he can, as fast as he can.

Supposed to redshirt, then makes the team, then gets his minutes increasing, getting meaningful minutes, 20 minutes played last game……
Nothing would surprise me.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Although I would be shocked if he gets any starts, unless the injury bug really bites our guards.
We just weren't sure because the competition in RI isn't great. I like what I see so far.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am also pleasantly surprised by his play . He is definitely a natural point guard and the only one we have . It be real nice if he can knock down a couple open jumpers which it looks like he has the capability to do looking at his form