3/2 | Davidson Wildcats | 8PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Re: 3/2 | Davidson Wildcats | 8PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

TruePoint wrote:The thought crossed my mind after the Joes game. It reminded me of Notre Dame against Alabama in the NCG in 2012 where the Irish players all knew about the Manti Te’o thing before it had come out publicly and they didn’t even show up to the game (not that they’d have won, but they didn’t even play), or of the Pats/Packers SB when the Pats players all knew Parcells was leaving. I was just trying to explain in my own head what I had just seen.

But I don’t think that is what’s going on here. There is zero noise about that in the wind, at least among people I’ve talked to, and there really isn’t a scenario I could see where something has already happened and the players are aware of it. I guess theoretically anything is possible but I am practically certain that the Senior Night thing was an isolated situation, the causes of which I think we pretty much understand. The Bonnies and Davidson losses, while frustrating, were both just typical conference road losses against good teams that everyone has. I don’t see any connection between those two games and the Joes game, which was just a no-show. If they had no-showed at Davidson I’d be more worried.
That would be a dramatic ending to the season. One that would echo through KB for 50 years. I didn't know this was being kicked around.

I think for that event not to have Harrick lite story telling 15 years later would have to happen slowly. A week long of rumors and stuff and then an announcement. The secrecy with these things often builds them up.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: 3/2 | Davidson Wildcats | 8PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by TruePoint »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:
TruePoint wrote:The thought crossed my mind after the Joes game. It reminded me of Notre Dame against Alabama in the NCG in 2012 where the Irish players all knew about the Manti Te’o thing before it had come out publicly and they didn’t even show up to the game (not that they’d have won, but they didn’t even play), or of the Pats/Packers SB when the Pats players all knew Parcells was leaving. I was just trying to explain in my own head what I had just seen.

But I don’t think that is what’s going on here. There is zero noise about that in the wind, at least among people I’ve talked to, and there really isn’t a scenario I could see where something has already happened and the players are aware of it. I guess theoretically anything is possible but I am practically certain that the Senior Night thing was an isolated situation, the causes of which I think we pretty much understand. The Bonnies and Davidson losses, while frustrating, were both just typical conference road losses against good teams that everyone has. I don’t see any connection between those two games and the Joes game, which was just a no-show. If they had no-showed at Davidson I’d be more worried.
That would be a dramatic ending to the season. One that would echo through KB for 50 years. I didn't know this was being kicked around.

I think for that event not to have Harrick lite story telling 15 years later would have to happen slowly. A week long of rumors and stuff and then an announcement. The secrecy with these things often builds them up.
I hesitated to even respond, but I did because I honestly did have the same thought. Importantly, I had the thought because I was so stunned by the Joe's game and was just spitballing theories in my own head, and then I dismissed it. Specifically because it is NOT being kicked around. Someone asked the question, and the answer was no, and as far as I know nobody else has mentioned it anywhere and nothing is "out there" in the ether.

I don't want to read 50 posts pontificating about it now.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011