Game #9: George Mason - Sat Nov 30 @ 4:00pm ET

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: Game #9: George Mason - Sat Nov 30 @ 4:00pm ET

Unread post by section(105) »

good shooting %, especially from 3 makes for the success for any offensive system; Of system coaches, emotional/feel coaches; I/d like to think that at our A-10 level, that can't cherry pick top recruits to fit into a coaches system; we have a coach that is able to learn and recognize the players individual skill sets and tendencies, and adapt those into his wealth of basketball knowledge and into a system that places the players in the best position to be successful.....no?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Oh, good, no trouble at all then.

That's like saying, I hate Josh McDaniel's Offense with the Pats. What this team needs is to install the West Coast Offense. Gronk will do, now we just need to purge the entire team of all the little 5 foot nothing scat backs, get rid of the two rookie wideouts that were just starting to click, and go out and get 4 receivers the size of Sterling Sharpe and Jerry Rice that can catch a 10 yard dump pass over the middle and break three or four tackles each play.

Not to mention we're going to need Bill Walsh back from the grave, and possibly stick Joe Montana and Steve Young into a blender and send them back twenty five years so they are below the age of 30 once again.

No problem at all. It's doable. Mid season no less.
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

jcru wrote:Oh, good, no trouble at all then.

That's like saying, I hate Josh McDaniel's Offense with the Pats. What this team needs is to install the West Coast Offense. Gronk will do, now we just need to purge the entire team of all the little 5 foot nothing scat backs, get rid of the two rookie wideouts that were just starting to click, and go out and get 4 receivers the size of Sterling Sharpe and Jerry Rice that can catch a 10 yard dump pass over the middle and break three or four tackles each play.

Not to mention we're going to need Bill Walsh back from the grave, and possibly stick Joe Montana and Steve Young into a blender and send them back twenty five years so they are below the age of 30 once again.

No problem at all. It's doable. Mid season no less.
Reading comprehension. I was asked a question. No, I don't think they should install the flex on December 2nd. I also said it doesn't really matter the system, although most systems have tendencies that would lend themselves to specific skill sets. The key is the personnel and the coaching. I look at all these guys individually and think that there is talent there. But, the staff doesn't put them in positions to succeed. As much as I get on X, it just isn't about him anymore. If I give one of my kids 18 pieces of chocolate, you know what'd going to happen? They will shove 18 pieces of candy in their face. X's shot chart is a symptom of a bigger issue. But, no basketball player is going to turn down the chance at being the man unless his coach gives him another role. X takes 31.8% of the entire team's shots. Crazy.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

X takes 31.8% of the shots, because there is no pure shooter on this team. We went out and got athletes who don't excel in knocking down buckets. Reischel is the perfect example of this. I'm sure he was a great 6th man and leading scorer at Rice his freshman year. That's likely because they had 2 or 3 guys that opened up the defense that allowed him to have a field day underneath when he came in off the bench.

I'm not saying you are wrong. But the switch with someone like X would have to be done in stages, not cold turkey. No one else can consistently knock down an outside shot. We have a bunch of guys who can knock one down every other time, if they have a great look, at this point. And guys like Reischel are clearly gun shy, guys like Matthews and Minnis who could probably be right there below Munford are not comfortable enough to trust their shot and be the go to on any given play. Minnis was all alone at one point and didn't take the shot, that sort of thing will ultimately improve.

And Biruta probably has a better than average outside shot, but that doesn't mean I want him taking them. If this team were a finished product, maybe he could play a decent portion of the game as Josh King, but 1 his shot is not as good as Josh King's and 2. this team is no where near that developed to allow him the luxury to do that.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Reischel averaged 5.7 ppg. and 2.8 rebounds.
Far from the leading scorer.
So, when are those former Maryland guys getting here, with Gary Williams?
Can we scrap that for the 1992 Duke team, so we could get Bobby, Laettner and
Hill, with Coach K?
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Here are the Stats on 3 Point Shooting for what they are worth:
Last Year
Attempts Player % Made

32 Buchanan 35%
198 Munford 34%
131 Malone 34%
100 Malesovic 32%
101 Powell 31%
This year
8 Minnis 50%
16 Reischel 38%
14 Powell 36%
6 Butler 33%
29 Mathews 31%
56 Munford 25%
7 Buchanan 14%
7 Biruta 14%
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

The sample size is still small, but I don't think the team's 3-point percentage is going to be significantly better or worse than last year's team once the season is completed.

I sort of agree with GBG - This is probably not a good offensive team. However, I view it as being more of a talent imbalance than anything wrong with Xs and Os. Matthews is a good piece to build around for the future, Munford is good but he's not an NBA-level talent that can carry a team at the college level, Biruta is not a volume scorer and more of a solid option, and the rest of the team is complimentary pieces. For next year, Matthews' improvement probably cancels out the loss of Munford, but you still need multiple players to take steps forward, and/or recruits and transfers to also be viable options on offense.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SGreenwell wrote:The sample size is still small, but I don't think the team's 3-point percentage is going to be significantly better or worse than last year's team once the season is completed.

I sort of agree with GBG - This is probably not a good offensive team. However, I view it as being more of a talent imbalance than anything wrong with Xs and Os. Matthews is a good piece to build around for the future, Munford is good but he's not an NBA-level talent that can carry a team at the college level, Biruta is not a volume scorer and more of a solid option, and the rest of the team is complimentary pieces. For next year, Matthews' improvement probably cancels out the loss of Munford, but you still need multiple players to take steps forward, and/or recruits and transfers to also be viable options on offense.
You are 9 games into the season though SG - that's a third of the way whcih chould be enough for a trend. And if a guy has taken a lot of shots that is a good sample size. I would tell Minnis, Reischell and Mathews to not be afraid to shoot - they are not going to break anything - what's to lose?
For the heck of it I went and got the same stats for PC - interesting to see who the best guys are so far - big men:
last year
attempts player %

269 Cotton 36%
51 Council 28%
120 Henton 26%
14 Dunn 29%
121 Fortune 29%

this year
8 Batts 50%
24 Henton 46%
21 Harris 33%
39 Fortune 31%
50 Cotton 30%
4 Derosiers 25%
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

With all due respect to a mod, Minnis is not a complimentary player. He may be the most valuable player out there, not just at the present time, but that will escalate in the future. I can understand not putting him up on the banner, but the reality is when he isn't in there, this team looks very different, in a bad way.

After the last 2-3 games, you can clearly see the team runs through him. They couldn't even run a half court offense vs GM without him. There is a reason he earned the starting job. You think the offense is ugly now? Take that kid out or have him go down to injury, the ugly factor will go up by a power of 5.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

jcru wrote:With all due respect to a mod, Minnis is not a complimentary player. He may be the most valuable player out there, not just at the present time, but that will escalate in the future. I can understand not putting him up on the banner, but the reality is when he isn't in there, this team looks very different, in a bad way.

After the last 2-3 games, you can clearly see the team runs through him. They couldn't even run a half court offense vs GM without him. There is a reason he earned the starting job. You think the offense is ugly now? Take that kid out or have him go down to injury, the ugly factor will go up by a power of 5.
Oh, you don't have to sugarcoat your opinion because I'm a mod - It's not like I have any extra special insight into things :) The sample size on Minnis is even smaller than the other guys, since he's only average about 20 minutes a game with the various lineup changes, but he strikes me as more of a complimentary guy from a shot creation standpoint. Meaning, he might setup guys for looks, but he's probably not going to get 20 points a game on his own in the future.

However, I don't think that's necessarily a negative either. Ideally, you'd want a player like Minnis at the point, and then probably two primary options at the other positions, whether it's a pair of penetrating wings, a stretch-four, a classic back-to-basket five, etc. The St. Joe's almost-undefeated team was the best A-10 team I probably saw in person, and they had two primary offensive options (Delonte West and Jameer Nelson), a center that could clean the boards and block some shots (Dwayne Jones), and a good spot-up shooter (Pat Carroll). Obviously they're an extreme outlier in terms of performance, since it's rare for A-10 teams to have two longterm NBA players peaking at the same time on the same team, I imagine.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Hurley pretty much just directly addressed alot of what came up in this thread regarding the offense. On the radio show he mentioned that he felt that alot of our players, perimeter guys especially, reverted back to some tendencies from last year in taking perimeter shots or bad looks where they could have kicked it out or gotten it to our forwards in good position. He attributed this mostly just to guys trying to do too much to get the win.

EDIT: And actually he just went back to it again and specifically mentioned Munford being guilty of this.
Last edited by adam914 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Minnis may have won the starting slot and may be critical to running the offense, but in the last two games, his stats were not great, 1-10 FG, 0-2 on threes, 2-2 FT's, 4 points in 57 minutes of PT. At a minimum, I expect a good guard to draw fouls especially given the new rules.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

its amazing how a great PG can make a fairly standard offense flow beautifully. players make coaches look good. our players are not holding up their end of the bargain thus far. my eye test tells me X and Gil, EC and Gil, Biggie and JR, should be able to be effective in a high ball screen offense. i was told Gil can hit the pick and pop, we havent seen that yet. def not ready to say our offensive system is flawed. when guys are fully rust proof, when 8 new players have more than 9 games together, when our new PG has more than 2 games under his belt running the team, when we get to the meat of the schedule in the next month, then it will be time to scrutinize if the learning curve is moving as we would expect.

no one but GBG, not knowledgable URI fans, general college bball fans, the media or the so called experts have called into question DHs credibility to coach at this level - in all phasees. for now those stats are what will keep me convinced.

on a previous topic, IMO, the numbers + the eye test/gut/experience/intuition are the special sauce. not one or the other. they are co-dependent. on the uri message board spectrum GBG and Rod would be on the exact opposite ends of that barometer. i enjoy the banter. though GBG it would greatly help your credibility to actually see the team play live before you go all Billy Beane on us. it flaws your point from the jump, especially on a URI message board.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Man I loved Josh King. His fadeaway jumper from about 12 ft against Kansas was a game and tempo changer. After that shot we went on a run and took down the giant.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

That will change. The last two games, yes, but the second to last game he was 8 assists to 2 turnovers, and this past game was not typical compared to the rest if the games he has played so far.

And again, the eye test. The stats don't tell you how hard he had to work and succeeded in getting the ball up against that veteran guard #15 on GM. He is going to end up taking more shots. He has had double digit point games already.

Years from now, people will say one if the major developments of the lost season of '13-'14 is that a point guard unexpectedly emerged. That's not something you may not have picked up on yet if you are going strictly by stats and watching the last game.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

I would say Biggie and TJs development and improvement game to game have been tangible. They would be the clear bright spots for me thus far.

Gil, MP and X would be the disappointments.

Everyone else is a TBD.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Hey Rod--how about leaving Hare and his situation alone. We all know how you feel since you have posted it about a dozen times. And Mr know-it-all, no way Steph scored 26 points in the Friar game. For your info he was in his sophomore year and 1st year of varsity ball. I was there and Chubin did what I said he did! Get off your high horse and if you fall not many will be disappointed.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

I get that it was only two games, but it was the last two games where his experience should be making him more comfortable in the role. Yes, his assist/turnover ratio is a noteworthy 1.8. And how do account for zero points and no fouls against McNeese State arguably one of the worst teams in D1. Wait till you see what SMU does to that team tonight.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Obadiah wrote:And how do account for zero points and no fouls against McNeese State arguably one of the worst teams in D1.
Hurley.

You can't score if you don't attempt to score. 0 for 4 from the field, one was the three point shot that immediately got stuck in between the rim and the backboard, one was the desperation layup attempt with one second left on the clock late in the game. In 30 mins. You didn't see the game because it wasn't televised. I've already made comments about it.

Why are we even arguing about this? If you are going to use primarily stats on paper, you could always wait for a larger sample size than the last two games where he "should have been getting more comfortable". I would say his role has changed slightly per Hurley since he became the starter these last two games, then when he was coming off the bench. The expectations of what Hurley wants to see out of him are different.

But to say he's not going to improve a lot from the stats from the last two games? C'mon, you don't actually mean that?
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Don't worry, I won't even be an ass and say 'I told you so' when they change dramatically. It's going to happen as sure as the sun is going to rise tomorrow. This kid is a major major reason I feel so confident at this point about this rebuild job.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Not to burst your bubble, but I was at the game. Don't have the luxury of attending many games and certainly by choice I would not have picked that game. But I have to grab them when the opportunity comes.

Believe me, I hope you're right on this team, but my eyeballs told me this team stinks. Would love to eat crow, however, and you can even say "I told you so".

BTW, I didn't say Minnis is not going to improve.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed. I'm just a little shocked, I guess.

I shouldn't go off on such a limb, I suppose, but if I am wrong about this kid, I truly don't know shit about this game. He's the real deal.

And btw, that picture for the banner up top, while nice, it doesn't accurately depict the pecking order at the present time. It's Minnis Hurley has jawing at players and barking out instructions and even correcting players in the middle of the game, and it definitely doesn't look like it's the first time he's done that, and the players don't seem surprised by it. He has a 50% 3point avg at the moment because he has a very specific shot selection, he guards that thing like the goose guards the golden eggs. I think that would be the big knock on him thus far, is that people would clamor for him to shoot more.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

adam914 wrote:Hurley pretty much just directly addressed alot of what came up in this thread regarding the offense. On the radio show he mentioned that he felt that alot of our players, perimeter guys especially, reverted back to some tendencies from last year in taking perimeter shots or bad looks where they could have kicked it out or gotten it to our forwards in good position. He attributed this mostly just to guys trying to do too much to get the win.

EDIT: And actually he just went back to it again and specifically mentioned Munford being guilty of this.
Exactly. As soon as they fell behind in the second half they started going one on one. Munford's shot that was blocked is exhibit A.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

HEY, ELI#10 -- YEAH -- YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read this:

PROVIDENCE BOWS TO RHODE ISLAND; Rams' 84-61 Victory Ends Friar Home Streak at 39
SIGN IN TO E-MAIL
PERMISSIONS
[ DISPLAYING ABSTRACT ]

PROVIDENCE, R.I., Feb. 17, 1966 (AP) Art Stephanson's rebounding and 29 points helped Rhode Island upset sixth-ranked Providence, 84-61, tonight. The loss ended the Friars' string of 39 home-court victories.

1965-66 SOPHOMORE
1966-67 JUNIOR
1967-68 SENIOR

AND YOU WROTE WHAT?!?!?!?!?!!??!?
THIS???????????
Hey Rod--how about leaving Hare and his situation alone. We all know how you feel since you have posted it about a dozen times. And Mr know-it-all, no way Steph scored 26 points in the Friar game. For your info he was in his sophomore year and 1st year of varsity ball. I was there and Chubin did what I said he did! Get off your high horse and if you fall not many will be disappointed.

There's a great line from "Band of Brothers" when Guarnere describes Lt. Dike. (Who knew Guarnere was a soothsayer of KeaneyBlue?????) "His head's so far up his ass that that lump in his throat is his nose."
You owe someone an apology, pal.
:oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol: :oops:
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Hey Ellie, you can't remember shit and yet you run your mouth and prove what a
dope you are.
Yeah, I was wrong. Big Step got 29 not 26 and Chubin got 10. Look it up,
smart guy!
Better a high horse than a horses ass!
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Basketball is not baseball where stats take on a different role. Basketball is team sport and my concern is not Minnis, though his lack of scoring in that game surprised me, my concern is the team and how it plays together. The passing and the ball handling leading to turnovers was atrocious for one thing.

Appreciate your take on team and again, I sure hope you're right.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

jcru wrote: And btw, that picture for the banner up top, while nice, it doesn't accurately depict the pecking order at the present time
Just to your point about the banner, since I created it, I really just wanted to get it updated with current photos including the new uniforms. Don't read too much into which players were "chosen".

I chose that one because it was the best I could find of a group of the players together. It's very hard to find useable photos of guys like Matthews, Minnis and Martin at this point. If you come across any, feel free to let me know and I will gladly update it.

The hope is to get a good photo of the sold out Ryan Center on Thursday with the new court to update as well.
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

bigappleram wrote:its amazing how a great PG can make a fairly standard offense flow beautifully. players make coaches look good. our players are not holding up their end of the bargain thus far. my eye test tells me X and Gil, EC and Gil, Biggie and JR, should be able to be effective in a high ball screen offense. i was told Gil can hit the pick and pop, we havent seen that yet. def not ready to say our offensive system is flawed. when guys are fully rust proof, when 8 new players have more than 9 games together, when our new PG has more than 2 games under his belt running the team, when we get to the meat of the schedule in the next month, then it will be time to scrutinize if the learning curve is moving as we would expect.

no one but GBG, not knowledgable URI fans, general college bball fans, the media or the so called experts have called into question DHs credibility to coach at this level - in all phasees. for now those stats are what will keep me convinced.

on a previous topic, IMO, the numbers + the eye test/gut/experience/intuition are the special sauce. not one or the other. they are co-dependent. on the uri message board spectrum GBG and Rod would be on the exact opposite ends of that barometer. i enjoy the banter. though GBG it would greatly help your credibility to actually see the team play live before you go all Billy Beane on us. it flaws your point from the jump, especially on a URI message board.
I have seen every game this year that was on TV (I got the GMU game on TV) or able to be streamed. I just think, as a fan, your eyes can be deceiving and, in 2013, there are so many valuable resources to make you question what you see. Or, confirm what you see. My eyes tell me that this is a bad offense. And, the numbers back it up. Every single person on this board said the addition of all these transfers and EC would improve things over '12-'13. Through nine games, it's not there.

As for me being the only one to question DH's credibility, that does not bother me. Being in the pack is just no way to go through life. And, really, he was a credible hire. I was pumped. Who else would have been a good hire? Would have loved to see Baron canned a year early and take a run at Skerry. But, Hurley was a home run hire. You absolutely take a swing at a guy with his upside. I just was not going to assume, based on St. Bs (where he ran out more talent than the opponent 90+% of the time) and two years in the NEC. Not sure why this is a crazy stance. And, frankly, he hasn't proven that he can put together a staff or an offense. Not sure why people would think otherwise. The book isn't written yet, though.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.....my eyes tell me this group IS better offensively than the '12-'13 group....is it where I thought it would be at this point?..... no.......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Why would you then assume Pat Skerry could install an offense and defense. At least Hurley had been a head coach. Pat is a recruiter.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Iggy1979 wrote:Why would you then assume Pat Skerry could install an offense and defense. At least Hurley had been a head coach. Pat is a recruiter.
I wouldn't have assumed anything. I would have been happy with the hire, as I was with DH and evaluate as the results came in. Although, all the URI/Prov/Pitt offenses were good to very good when he was on their staffs. Who knows who was really doing the teaching but it's better than nothing.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

"The book isn't written yet," yet you've made 100 posts condemning him as a coach.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

GBG is too dismissive of pedigree and signs of competence. I remain fully confident in Hurley, mostly because he clearly gets "it" and nobody that gets it could have had the life he's had and not understand how to coach and teach basketball if they have a desire to do so. He has yet to fail, albeit in a rather small sample size. I'm sure he is probably frustrated that the results haven't come quicker, GBG, but he also hasn't really had the horses. I think that patience is clearly in order. I don't really get criticizing or questioning a coach with basically a new team nine games into the season (especially when they are 6-3). If you are right, that will show over time.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

the whole "his name is why we like him" rhetoric is ridiculous. PGs make good coaches. Coaches sons usually make good coaches, nevermind a HOF coach who is basically an icon in HS basketball. He took a non existent high school program and in short order had them competing on a national level and dominating for 8 years. he took a school no one had heard of and in 2 years beat Pitt on their home floor and won 25 games. to infer it is only because of his name is just really lazy insight. you are a "stats" guy so don't you think those stats on him lead one to believe he can coach in all facets?
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Excellent points BAR and TP. I don't know how anyone can listen to the Mews show and not think this is the right guy. So much thought goes into every decision. If this ship is going down, I'm going down with it. I'm a true believer that this is the right guy.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

^^^

100% what he just said... me
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Iggy1979 wrote:Excellent points BAR and TP. I don't know how anyone can listen to the Mews show and not think this is the right guy. So much thought goes into every decision. If this ship is going down, I'm going down with it. I'm a true believer that this is the right guy.
Excellent posts, both, Truepoint and BAR!

In commercial breaks and after last night's radio show, you really can get a great appreciation for Dan's aptitude as the CEO of this men's basketball program. Dan added much off-air color to the comments you heard on the radio show. He knows what he's doing and is hardly satisfied with where the team is right now. He, however, is not shocked at current state of the team given what he has been dealt.

Practices, now that he can get back to holding them, have been targeting specific issues such as ball security, etc, as he mentioned on the radio program.

This team will continue to improve. This week's rivalry game is going to be telling, but won't be the ONLY indication of future performance.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

I am 110% on the Dan Hurley train, and will go down with the ship.

Doesn't mean I love where this team is at right now, and I love it even more that Dan isn't happy either.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Blue Man wrote:I am 110% on the Dan Hurley train, and will go down with the ship.

Doesn't mean I love where this team is at right now, and I love it even more that Dan isn't happy either.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. We all basically got exactly what we wanted with this hire so I am personally willing to allow more time for everything to get where it needs to be. I almost feel like last year was just a lost year. So 9 games I am not freaking out yet. It doesnt mean I'm happy either, or that Hurley is above being criticized or discussed, but I haven't seen enough yet to jump from a ship that I couldn't wait to board in the first place (to keep the ship analogy going).
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

It is the Ocean State, after all.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote:Excellent points BAR and TP. I don't know how anyone can listen to the Mews show and not think this is the right guy. So much thought goes into every decision. If this ship is going down, I'm going down with it. I'm a true believer that this is the right guy.
Blue Man wrote:I am 110% on the Dan Hurley train, and will go down with the ship.

adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Haha well done TP
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

By the way, that is as much about and making fun of myself as anyone.
Ramulous
Sly Williams

Unread post by Ramulous »

I hear they are bringing in Stephen Ridley to do a clinic on ball security.....maybe I heard wrong...
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Yeah, he's going to show them how to travel for 10 yards and then celebrate like he just won the superbowl. Three plays before he tries to throw the entire game away.
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Ok ATP or TP sorry if this is a bad haven’t used board so much in the past year. So I Click on my name to see what’s available to me. See some most active post GMU game that I made 22 post on. I’m like what the f is that so I click on it. It’s a game from 4 yrs ago EC and Hass 1 st season Mumford’s last. Hurley was like a bull in a china closet at that time. For other Rod lovers he’s all over this thing being Rod. Please delete if this is a no no or if I’m the only nitwit that found this hilarious. I’m done for the night. BUMP
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Brady, on the contrary. This made me smile. Good showing from keaneyblue's best and brightest here. You guys are my dogs. We were right.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Lmao I think I was the conductor on this train
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Blue you should send that to lil Danny I’m sure he’d get a kick out of it.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

adam914 wrote:

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. We all basically got exactly what we wanted with this hire so I am personally willing to allow more time for everything to get where it needs to be. I almost feel like last year was just a lost year. So 9 games I am not freaking out yet. It doesnt mean I'm happy either, or that Hurley is above being criticized or discussed, but I haven't seen enough yet to jump from a ship that I couldn't wait to board in the first place (to keep the ship analogy going).
Look at these two geniuses!