1/25 | St. Bonaventure | 3:00PM (YurView & Stadium)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
brady1
Art Stephenson

Re: 1/25 | St. Bonaventure | 3:00PM (YurView & Stadium)

Unread post by brady1 »

15 is the way way way more annoying 72!

Awesome WIN!

GO RHODY!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Most players show their greatest improvement between Freshman and Sophomore years. Let's hope Harris is the exception. I want all players to improve and I tend to be critical when I don't see improvement. Too many URI players commit charges and take bad shots early in the possession rather than passing to teammates. I can name three underclassmen who fall into this category. There is no need to criticize injured players nor should fans hesitate to criticize bad basketball. With a short bench Cox has limited options to deal with this type of play.
Last edited by Rhody72 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
NCAAs or Bust!
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago Can't believe some of the takes on this board. We just went into a place we have won twice in 10 years, and people are ripping on Harris? WTF is that? Find another team to "root" for. This was a great win and has us in a position I could not fathom after the Richmond loss. This team is now a NCAAT team based on performance of the last 6 games. Win the next at Mason and the Ryan Center better be packed for next Friday.
I wouldn’t worry. It’s just one douche bag.
Great game today. Let’s keep this up!
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Instead of yelling at me for being right can we appreciate how much free entertainment Pluto TV has to offer?
Go Rhody
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

SandorClegane wrote: 4 years ago
theblueram wrote: 4 years ago Can't believe some of the takes on this board. We just went into a place we have won twice in 10 years, and people are ripping on Harris? WTF is that? Find another team to "root" for. This was a great win and has us in a position I could not fathom after the Richmond loss. This team is now a NCAAT team based on performance of the last 6 games. Win the next at Mason and the Ryan Center better be packed for next Friday.
I wouldn’t worry. It’s just one douche bag.
Great game today. Let’s keep this up!
CLASSIC!

GO RHODY!
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

72 is ok in my book. At least he challenges you to think outside the box. His M.O. is he likes to post unpopular things that aren't necessarily incorrect. He gets under people's skin sometimes, but he is still difficult to argue more times than not.

I don't want to pile on here, but I think we just witnessed some sort of meltdown on the previous page. Let's just leave it at that and move on.
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Congrats boys! Enjoy every road win! Very hard to come by. Fatts has been incredible. He's playing with so much confidence. Lot's of toughness and contributions from everyone! Props to Martin for coming through down the stretch after being in a bad shooting slump. The team can get to another level if he has found his stroke again.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

In the 6+ years I’ve been posting on this board, the “jermaine Harris dramatic improvement?” is by far the most irritating thread subject line I can think of. He is a sophomore. Of course he’s going to improve. We all should be improving every day. FFS!
Last edited by Taylor Swift 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

BTW, I'm embarrassed to say, that I missed most of the game because of my schedule. If someone could post a rerun of the game in the next couple of days, I'd greatly appreciate it.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

FDshoes wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago I praised Harris during his 4/5 game run where he was great (right after Walker became eligible), been critical of him when he was awful, defended myself when people shit on me.

Today, in a place we’ve won at 2 times since 2008, he played two minutes and we won / covered.

Yes, we need him, he’s a big body to take
up minutes. He isn’t as important as people have made him out to be.

Outsiders probably think he’s the second coming of Anthony Davis by reading everybody’s opinion on him.

This isn't making your point any stronger. No one and i mean no one is calling him the second coming of AD. I stick by my statement that you sir are an idiot.
Same. Rhody 15 is a fucking clown. The sooner this shit face leaves KB, the better.
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

I love the fact that we’re winning, but I definitely have more grey hairs given that we come into each 2nd half down.
And how about the marbles on skinny Fatts Russell.. Damn. Something special. Gotta keep the momentum.
Go Rhody.
- Mr. Rogers
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago BTW, I'm embarrassed to say, that I missed most of the game because of my schedule. If someone could post a rerun of the game in the next couple of days, I'd greatly appreciate it.
You can replay the whole game here. Not sure for how long tho

https://watchstadium.com/videos/rhode-i ... l-1-25-20/
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago
FDshoes wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago I praised Harris during his 4/5 game run where he was great (right after Walker became eligible), been critical of him when he was awful, defended myself when people shit on me.

Today, in a place we’ve won at 2 times since 2008, he played two minutes and we won / covered.

Outsiders probably think he’s the second coming of Anthony Davis by reading everybody’s opinion on him.

This isn't making your point any stronger. No one and i mean no one is calling him the second coming of AD. I stick by my statement that you sir are an idiot.
Same. Rhody 15 is a fucking clown. The sooner this shit face leaves KB, the better.
Agreed, Kyle.

“I praised Harris but....” Trash comment.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

SandorClegane wrote: 4 years ago I love the fact that we’re winning, but I definitely have more grey hairs given that we come into each 2nd half down.
And how about the marbles on skinny Fatts Russell.. Damn. Something special. Gotta keep the momentum.
Go Rhody.
This is a second half team. They play 40 minutes, and the second 20 the hardest. It's exactly what we need.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
SandorClegane wrote: 4 years ago I love the fact that we’re winning, but I definitely have more grey hairs given that we come into each 2nd half down.
Go Rhody.
This is a second half team. They play 40 minutes, and the second 20 the hardest. It's exactly what we need.
Totally agree. Especially after so many (CFL) years of not...
Mobley was fouled.
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 years ago
theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
Go Rhody.
Totally agree. Especially after so many (CFL) years of not...
Love Barron decent guy. But yes after the selfdecto era just WIN BABY!

GO RHODY!
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

rhodysurf wrote: 4 years ago
rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago BTW, I'm embarrassed to say, that I missed most of the game because of my schedule. If someone could post a rerun of the game in the next couple of days, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Had to watch this one at work, so I missed some game action. Not caught up on the thread yet.

So, to make my first thoughts on the game and the team public, with some missing pieces, I would like to say, while it won't be the end of my concern for when we have looked stagnant. I think I'm starting to get the picture, we are a second half team, so when we were down by 5 at half, I literally thought, "we have them right where we want them." Them comfy with a lead and us in striking distance. Great victory on the road in a very tough place to win. Best coach for halftime adjustments here since Harrick without question in my book. Absolutely not taking anything away from DH, but imo Cox has been better at rolling with what works on a given night. So while I get bummed when offense bogs down, I consider it very impressive that we still pull most games out by hook or crook.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Thanks Rhodysurf, was wondering if Stadium offered replays. Gonna re-watch now while I can pay close attention.
Go Rhody!!!
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

*a single person

The rest of us are ecstatic about 6 straight wins and concerned about an injured Ram. Anything less is disgusting.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Also, if Russell keeps up the high-level play through his senior year (which I fully expect, there we go with expectations again) is he, even at 5'8" an NBA prospect?
Once again to refer to the sentiments of DH, every time he went to scout a game Fatts played in he was the best player in the gym regardless of height. That continues to be the case almost every game.
Go Rhody!!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago

You are making up a narrative here that doesn't exist, to justify being a total jerkoff. There are various degrees of opinion here on him which is that he has shown improvement from Year 1 to 2. Some feel its more pronounced than others, but that is the prevailing thoughts on him for the majority of people here. I don't remember one person making him out to be Obi Toppin or even a primary weapon on this team at this stage in his career. Cheering on one of our own players getting hurt is just way below the line.
Rhody15,
Still want to use today’s game to make yourself look so right? Still want apology PMs sent your way?
Or are you big enough to admit you did not have all information and you were wrong?

ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y. — Jermaine Harris attempted to play through the pain of a hip-flexor injury he suffered during Rhode Island’s 77-55 victory over Duquesne on Wednesday, but he played just the first two minutes of Saturday’s 81-75 win over St. Bonaventure.
Rhode Island coach David Cox said that Harris, who left Wednesday’s game with 17:08 remaining after playing 15 minutes, “struggled practicing the last couple of days. He wanted to give it a try but it just wasn’t working for him.”

https://www.providencejournal.com/sport ... up-for-uri
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago Also, if Russell keeps up the high-level play through his senior year (which I fully expect, there we go with expectations again) is he, even at 5'8" an NBA prospect?
Once again to refer to the sentiments of DH, every time he went to scout a game Fatts played in he was the best player in the gym regardless of height. That continues to be the case almost every game.
I love Fatts, but I don’t think so. There have been some great college basketball players over the years that didn’t get close to making the pros. Look how good wheeler was at URI. He was a great college point guard. He just doesn’t have the height to play defense and still not consistent enough shot despite how well he has played. I always felt Cat Mobley would be a solid pro because of height, defense, passing ability and scoring touch from outside and driving ability. I’m not worried about pro one way or the other. Just want him to lead us back to the tourney
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

One of my favorite things Cox instituted was going zone for what seemed like a first pass or two then hitting them mid way through with man defense again. And went straight to zone after a Bonnie TO to throw off whatever they had drawn up. Loved seeing that.
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

To the Fatts NBA prospect comment.
I was looking up NBA stars under 6 feet about 10 days ago and there are a good amount. He does play great defense (think about if he was gonna guard Trae Young again, I think he'd do even better this time).
I just don't know if he could get to the basket the same way in the pros. Everyone is taller and faster.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago
Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago Also, if Russell keeps up the high-level play through his senior year (which I fully expect, there we go with expectations again) is he, even at 5'8" an NBA prospect?
I love Fatts, but I don’t think so. There have been some great college basketball players over the years that didn’t get close to making the pros. Look how good wheeler was at URI. He was a great college point guard. He just doesn’t have the height to play defense and still not consistent enough shot despite how well he has played. I always felt Cat Mobley would be a solid pro because of height, defense, passing ability and scoring touch from outside and driving ability. I’m not worried about pro one way or the other. Just want him to lead us back to the tourney
I mean I agree with you for the most part, but just wonder, at what point does a team take a shot at him regardless of height? I mean by the numbers this year as a junior he is one of the best guards in the country, if his numbers go up at all he'll be a top five guard next season and if he keeps impressing the basketball eye, doesn't some team at least invite him to camp?
Go Rhody!!!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

- Isiah Thomas
- Spud Webb
- Calvin Murphy
- Muggsy Bogues
- Earl Boykins
- Calvin Murphy

Fatts can be the next.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Although, the thing with Fatts is he delivers something the NBA isn't ready for. It's like Belicheck moving to the tight end. Fatts could be disruptive in the NBA cause they are not used to a dynamic guard like he is.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I love Fatts too but he’ll need a much more consistent outside shot. If he hit his treys like today every game I’d think he’d get a shot.
Slava Ukraini!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Tyson Wheeler holds several NBA records. FG%:100%, 3pt. FG%:100%, assists per minute: .66, points per minute:1.33. :)
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by DanInAZ »

rhodysurf wrote: 4 years ago

Thank you. I appreciate it.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago
Tyson Wheeler holds several NBA records. FG%:100%, 3pt. FG%:100%, assists per minute: .66, points per minute:1.33. :)
I actually have a card of him in the NBA. There is no team that beats Wheeler, Mobley, Reynolds Dean, Preston Murphy, Clay and the rest of the 1998 team. Great basketball to watch
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

Coach Cox deserves some praise with how he has managed the short bench particularly when some of our leaders get into foul trouble
Common sense is not common.
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Cox is a stud. One thing I love is that it looks like this team has inbound plays. Love that.
- Mr. Rogers
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago

You are making up a narrative here that doesn't exist, to justify being a total jerkoff. There are various degrees of opinion here on him which is that he has shown improvement from Year 1 to 2. Some feel its more pronounced than others, but that is the prevailing thoughts on him for the majority of people here. I don't remember one person making him out to be Obi Toppin or even a primary weapon on this team at this stage in his career. Cheering on one of our own players getting hurt is just way below the line.
Rhody15,
Still want to use today’s game to make yourself look so right? Still want apology PMs sent your way?
Or are you big enough to admit you did not have all information and you were wrong?

ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y. — Jermaine Harris attempted to play through the pain of a hip-flexor injury he suffered during Rhode Island’s 77-55 victory over Duquesne on Wednesday, but he played just the first two minutes of Saturday’s 81-75 win over St. Bonaventure.
Rhode Island coach David Cox said that Harris, who left Wednesday’s game with 17:08 remaining after playing 15 minutes, “struggled practicing the last couple of days. He wanted to give it a try but it just wasn’t working for him.”

Tough kid. Really like this guy. Everyone will come around before he’s done here.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Tyrese had 2 massive plays in last 5 mins. That baseline jumper was an incredibly tough shot but a very necessary one. And the left handed shovel pass to Jacob for the flush was another one.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

SandorClegane wrote: 4 years ago Cox is a stud. One thing I love is that it looks like this team has inbound plays. Love that.
Phenomenal ATO that got toppin open for an easy one
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

I didn't read all of the in-game part of the thread so not sure if this was mentioned, but another thing Fatts did a few times today (that he has done in other games) was in the 1st half when SB went up by 8 or 9, he immediately came down on the other end and drove to the hoop to draw a foul. Stopping the clock to slow SB's momentum, getting to the line for some high % FT attempts, and continuing to keep the SB lead in single digits and chip away at it. Smart/important plays right there.

As good as SB played in the 1st half, the fact we were only down 5 (with how strong we've been finishing games recently), I know I felt pretty good about our chances to pull out the W. It's almost like the team doesn't overexert themselves in the 1st halves. We get a good feel for how the other team is playing us, adjustments are made in the locker room, then we ratchet up the D and intensity on both sides of the ball in the 2nd half and put you away. At least that's how it's felt in conference so far.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago To the Fatts NBA prospect comment.
I was looking up NBA stars under 6 feet about 10 days ago and there are a good amount. He does play great defense (think about if he was gonna guard Trae Young again, I think he'd do even better this time).
I just don't know if he could get to the basket the same way in the pros. Everyone is taller and faster.
I was thinking the same thing. He’s clearly not at Muggsey Bogues height, but on the shorter end for an NBA guard. The way Fatts plays I can definitely see him as NBA caliber. Ton of tenacity and hustle. We are lucky to have him play for us another year!
Last edited by Taylor Swift 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RhodyRams12 wrote: 4 years ago Coach Cox deserves some praise with how he has managed the short bench particularly when some of our leaders get into foul trouble
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago I love Fatts too but he’ll need a much more consistent outside shot. If he hit his treys like today every game I’d think he’d get a shot.
Agree with this if he can shot the way he did like today on a consistent basis he may get a shot at NBA
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great win for URI

Let’s hope Harris injury isn’t too serious
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
*a single person

The rest of us are ecstatic about 6 straight wins and concerned about an injured Ram. Anything less is disgusting.

Don’t act like you’re all high and mighty!

You called him a literal bag of trash.
Go Rhody
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

I'd like to make a pact with all of my KB kin. Those of you who can not help yourselves from bashing Harris from this moment forward, bash away, but if Harris averages 10/5 for us next season (which I feel is likely) you have to voluntarily end your active use of the forum (no more shitty takes posted) and if he doesn't I will end my active use (no more shitty takes posted).

Anyone want in on this pact?

Go ahead bash and make a fool of yourself (yourselves), but make it worth something to you, back it up with something that matters, instead of just quietly slipping in a "my bad" when he proves you wrong. I can tell you I've seen a lot of PF/C's come through this university and Harris has the body and the skills to be a very important piece of the puzzle over his junior and senior seasons.

Consider this a serious pact, I am so sure Harris is going to make you eat your words I will enter into this pact, even let the mods ban me if it doesn't happen.

Please put up or shut up!
Go Rhody!!!
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
*a single person

Don’t act like you’re all high and mighty!

You called him a literal bag of trash.
Playing like a bag of trash and laughing at a dude being injured are about as far apart as you can get.

On top of that - after a road win, why you feel the need to shit on anything or stoop to the level of laughing about an injured player because it makes you feel “right” on a message board is probably the lowest level of shit and highest level of douche one can experience.

You’re like the ghandi of douchebags.

Think I’ve been clear that I’ve never rooted against anyone in a Ram uniform. Never gloated if a player didn’t live up to their expectations. Never laughed at a player being injured or been excited about someone sucking just to be “right” about someone.

Not sure I’ve ever been high and mighty about anything but I sure as fuck have never been as much of a piece of shit who’s laughed about an injury and then had to change a post to make it sound less bad.

Just wear it. Own that you said some fucked up shit and move on. Wouldn’t try to justify it or try to act like we are even on the same playing field when it comes to that shit.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago
RhodyRams916 wrote: 4 years ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 4 years ago Rhody is on a roll, hopefully they increase the student ticket allotment for the remainder of the season. Fans have had plenty of time to get tickets.
Let Thorr know about it. I wanna see 2,000 students all standing there on Friday. It’s gonna be an ELECTRIC atmosphere no matter what.
I posted this in another thread. Why aren't they allowing fans to pick their seats like they always do with the green dots? https://uritix.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm ... AT=GORHODY
No mystery here. When the link doesn't allow you to pick seats that indicates there are few seats available (mostly $$$ seats) and the game is just about sold out.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

reef wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago I love Fatts too but he’ll need a much more consistent outside shot. If he hit his treys like today every game I’d think he’d get a shot.
Agree with this if he can shot the way he did like today on a consistent basis he may get a shot at NBA
The take on if Fatts could be a much more consistent shooter. Here is a comparison of his shooting %s from last year to this year.

Last year
FG 33.8%
3P 22.3%
FT 73.7%

This year
FG 41.5%
3P 36.9%
FT 85.7%

Some people are never happy.
“We will be good when we are good.”
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

Hopefully it is just a mild strain, otherwise it could bother him the rest of the season. A quick internet search reveals ... “A mild strain may heal within a few weeks. A more severe strain may take 6 weeks or longer.“
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Took a self imposed break for a while.

Great to see the team playing better! And Cox knows his shit.

As for Harris, we need him. Wonder if Cox will hold him out next Tuesday against Mason, so he'll have a better chance to be ready for VCU.

That injury just needs rest, and with the games so close together now, doubt he'll be much better by Tuesday.

My take on 15's post about JH.....way out of line.
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

What a great win! Thanks to whoever posted the replay link, I missed the last 10 minutes for my mother’s surprise party and was sweating getting updates. I love this damn team despite the pain they put me through! :lol:

However I will say, it really is disheartening to see the second game thread in a row completely derailed by the same person spouting total nonsense when we should all be celebrating.