A-10 Tournament Semifinal - Dayton - Saturday 4pm

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Re: A-10 Tournament Semifinal - Dayton - Saturday 4pm

Unread post by Blue Man »

Very simply, we fought hard - and our freshman and sophomores picked a bad day to have momentary lapses of freshman/sophomore like things.

Turnovers were the story. Saturday was the exception, not the rule. Gil and TJ played like seniors. Awesome. Really hope we get to see 4 or 5 more games of that.

Still a great ride. Onto the next.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Um, love TJ, but Saturday was the worst game he
ever played at URI.
18 minutes, 0 points, 4 turnovers, 4 fouls.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

What great timing for that, huh Rod?

Just not enough guys played well. Hardly anybody in fact, besides Gil and maybe Jarvis.
BornNBred33
Steve Chubin

Unread post by BornNBred33 »

Class0f2017 didn't have the pleasure of suffering through the CFL days. Love the passion and I am excited to see more Rhody basketball in the NIT. That's where they belong and I am okay with that.

Year 1- 8 wins
Year 2- 14 wins
Year 3- 22 wins +?
Year 4- 28 wins.........Stronger schedule and a trip to the dance. That is all :)
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

BornNBred33 wrote:Class0f2017 didn't have the pleasure of suffering through the CFL days. Love the passion and I am excited to see more Rhody basketball in the NIT. That's where they belong and I am okay with that.

Year 1- 8 wins
Year 2- 14 wins
Year 3- 22 wins +?
Year 4- 28 wins.........Stronger schedule and a trip to the dance. That is all :)

I'll sign up for 22 wins next year against a stronger schedule. Should be enough.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

GBG, normally I'd say 22 and a stronger schedule, but with this new so-called criteria the committee is using, I wonder what's enough anymore.

The sad reality is, we're a mid major. And the mids got hosed worse than any time I can ever remember.

Not only with who got left out, but the seeds they got. On top of that, a lot of the mids got paired off with each other.

it's like the committee is saying, we don't want you here.

The P5 conferences are putting the squeeze on.

Makes me wonder how much longer the NCAA is going to remain "whole" when it comes to BB.