Game #3 - Rhode Island vs. (21) Nebraska - Saturday, Nov. 22

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Game #3 - Rhode Island vs. (21) Nebraska - Saturday, Nov

Unread post by TruePoint »

URIGONZO wrote:If I was Miles I would have sat in a 2-3 zone in the 2nd half as well. URI didn't make a 3 pointer all night!! I think there first one came at the end of regulation or overtime.
I know EC hit a 30 footer with about 5:00 to go, IIRC.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Jarvis, Terrell, and EC will make 3 pointers. That first half will probably be the worst stat line of the season: 0-11 on 3's.

Hey, we won the game shooting 35% and 64% from the FT line.

We shouldn't have too many games shooting that percentage from the field going forward.

Now, FT shooting? That's another story. But, Jared shot 2-6, and Jarvis 1-3. I expect that to improve.

The biggest challenge for this team now, is playing games away from home. No big loud home crowd to help. How will the newcomers do?
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Frankly, I feel we should thank Miles for agreeing to this home and home series. We know not many coaches at the BCS schools would show similar guts. He may be regretting that decision today, but he gets kudos from me for making it. And this is just another reason to beat Kansas because they would never agree to a home and home with URI. It's not only Kansas arrogance, but it's also their quest for the almighty dollar.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Huge thanks to students who really made the Ryan Center into the best college hoop experience in the state if not the region.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Tell you what ATP, if we get 2000+ students at games, advantage us. The RC would become a very, very tough place for any team to play in. Kinda like how Keaney was. The students were awesome. Hope they come back and make this their home. Because it is.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I just watched the last minute and then overtime of this game (happy to report that they still win). Two points to add: Hurley's demeanor and response right after that missed putback attempt by Hassan and through the OT was exactly right for this team. Also, it might have been nice to win in regulation, but getting it done in OT has its benefits. There were shades of how this all looked last year when they would get so close, but they were able to write a very different ending and set a new tone. Terrell had a rough night through 40 minutes. He's clearly not a player lacking in confidence, to say the least, but it's still good to have him end the way he did- huge contributions at the most important time.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

ace wrote:I just watched the last minute and then overtime of this game (happy to report that they still win). Two points to add: Hurley's demeanor and response right after that missed putback attempt by Hassan and through the OT was exactly right for this team. Also, it might have been nice to win in regulation, but getting it done in OT has its benefits. There were shades of how this all looked last year when they would get so close, but they were able to write a very different ending and set a new tone. Terrell had a rough night through 40 minutes. He's clearly not a player lacking in confidence, to say the least, but it's still good to have him end the way he did- huge contributions at the most important time.
Bang on 100%!! My thoughts exactly.

Most importantly we played a lousy game but responded to the coaching staff in game adjustments to secure a solid win.

To me that is cause to be optimistic regarding the entire season.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

hrstrat57 wrote:
ace wrote:I just watched the last minute and then overtime of this game (happy to report that they still win). Two points to add: Hurley's demeanor and response right after that missed putback attempt by Hassan and through the OT was exactly right for this team. Also, it might have been nice to win in regulation, but getting it done in OT has its benefits. There were shades of how this all looked last year when they would get so close, but they were able to write a very different ending and set a new tone. Terrell had a rough night through 40 minutes. He's clearly not a player lacking in confidence, to say the least, but it's still good to have him end the way he did- huge contributions at the most important time.
Bang on 100%!! My thoughts exactly.

Most importantly we played a lousy game but responded to the coaching staff in game adjustments to secure a solid win.

To me that is cause to be optimistic regarding the entire season.
EC even said it - last year he'd have hung his head. This year he was able to pick his head and get it done. On that same level - to have a freshman have a poor shooting night, and have the balls to take and make 2 HUGE shots in OT, speaks volumes about who this team is, and how they're responding to their coach.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL