Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Re: Men's Basketball Transfer Carousel and Portal - 2024-25

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Pretty cool quote. Nice to be compared to south of france. Which is widely thought of as one of the most beautiful places in Europe
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

sevegny7 wrote: 3 weeks ago

Pretty cool quote. Nice to be compared to south of france. Which is widely thought of as one of the most beautiful places in Europe
IMG_3694.jpeg

https://www.eurobasket.com/France/news/ ... rs-to-Rams

Info on career highs set in points, steals, rebounds, etc back during his U21 years in France
https://www.proballers.com/basketball/p ... -diboundje
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 weeks ago Where is Rhody72??

Are they/them still alive? Can someone find out?

he took over my login...
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Thank you cliff walk.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 weeks ago
ramster wrote: 3 weeks ago

He was not injured at Tennessee. He played the entire year at Tennessee but just didn’t get in all the games off the bench.
He transferred to East Carolina with the coach who recruited him to Tennessee who left to take the Head Coach job at East Carolina.
Does lack of playing time warrant a waiver? I didn’t think so.
That happens all the time. Jeremy Foumena Redshirted without injury. So yes he can get another year without injury he would need to not want to go pro and apply for a waiver. It is just about playing less than 9 games I think the cutoff is.
Foumena didn't play in any games so of course he can redshirt, not the case with Quentin.
And he did not”dress” for any games
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

McRam wrote: 3 weeks ago
Jersey77 wrote: 3 weeks ago

That happens all the time. Jeremy Foumena Redshirted without injury. So yes he can get another year without injury he would need to not want to go pro and apply for a waiver. It is just about playing less than 9 games I think the cutoff is.
Foumena didn't play in any games so of course he can redshirt, not the case with Quentin.
And he did not”dress” for any games
Correct.
Foumena ONLY played in the URI preseason scrimmage. He never suited up or went through warmups with the team in any game. Foumena most definitely gets the additional year no questions asked.
Medical issue was mentioned prior to the announcement he would redshirt as well
IMG_3704.jpeg
IMG_3703.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PC to GB

steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Not sure where to post this but Cam looks much bigger! Man I hope he takes a big jump. Kid is talented.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

I noticed the same thing. Do I see a Drissa sighting. Started to get excited with this team.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Miss not seeing Bassy there !
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

ramster wrote: 3 weeks ago

IMG_3694.jpeg

Archie had him near the beach. Good move!

https://www.eurobasket.com/France/news/ ... rs-to-Rams

Info on career highs set in points, steals, rebounds, etc back during his U21 years in France
https://www.proballers.com/basketball/p ... -diboundje
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Whitford just started following Gytis Nemeiksa, in the portal from Xavier. Is Sean recommending him to Archie?
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago Whitford just started following Gytis Nemeiksa, in the portal from Xavier. Is Sean recommending him to Archie?
I sure hope so. He's one of those experienced high major players that would be a great piece at a lower program. Great shooter. Nice size. Good rebounder. Has played good minutes against the best teams in the country. Perfect for the A10. Plus him and Fuchs will have that international connection. Get it done Archie!!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago Whitford just started following Gytis Nemeiksa, in the portal from Xavier. Is Sean recommending him to Archie?
He's a little small, but I'll take it.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 weeks ago
I sure hope so. He's one of those experienced high major players that would be a great piece at a lower program. Great shooter. Nice size. Good rebounder. Has played good minutes against the best teams in the country. Perfect for the A10. Plus him and Fuchs will have that international connection. Get it done Archie!!
There's also the connection with Biruta.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

This got me to wondering what they do with the final assistant position that was left vacant from Cunningham going to Charleston.

I wouldn't mind them promoting Gilvydas Biruta to the final Assistant position and have him specialize in recruiting and attracting international players.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

He is much more of a stretch 4 than a center. He looks very athletic and skilled though, just don't think he solves our issues at the 5 at all. He absolutely looks like a take though!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Matt Cross averaged 5.8 points and shot 30% from 3-point range at Louisville. He is 6'7" and weighs 225 pounds.

Gytis averaged 5.2 points and shot 36% from 3-point range at Xavier last year. He is also 6'7" and weighs 220 pounds.

I think Gytis could come in and make a similar impact like Cross. He started and played against some of the best teams in the entire country.

I know some people here don't understand that high-major players who have a significant role and put up decent numbers tend to make a nice jump when they move down to the A10. But, no doubt about it, I would be very, very happy if we land this kid. I was pretty let down after losing Zapala, Brown, and Sobel. I think this kid is a better offensive player than all of those guys. Maybe not Sobel but he played in a much tougher conference. I don't think he'll make the same impact on defense, though.

I looked quickly as I'm at work, but I belive in the games he played over 20 minutes, he averaged 9 points and 5 rebounds. I see no reason why he couldn't put up better numbers in the A10 with a bigger role. He looks like a guy that could play next to Fuchs or bang in the post as a smaller center as well.

20 points against Washington
14 points against Vault's Bryant
11 points against Rhody72's Providence
11 points against Cooley's Georgetown
10 points and 7 rebounds against Zach Edey's Purdue
10 points and 5 rebounds against Dan's UConn
Those are good numbers against big-time talent, besides Bryant. This kid would be a good addition.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 weeks ago

He is much more of a stretch 4 than a center. He looks very athletic and skilled though, just don't think he solves our issues at the 5 at all. He absolutely looks like a take though!
It’s a big time YES for me , need as many good players as possible regardless of position , we may be a little bit small but this kid looks like a solid rotation piece if we can get him
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 2 weeks ago

It’s a big time YES for me , need as many good players as possible regardless of position , we may be a little bit small but this kid looks like a solid rotation piece if we can get him
3 years of eligibility. He looks like a future starter.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

He's only played 1 year, but he was listed as a senior. Not sure why. He is 22 years old.
jakepnickers
Abdul Fox

Unread post by jakepnickers »

Was listed as a senior last year at Xavier, appears to be a one year player. Played international college ball @ Bypaupas Magnes University. Was also born in 2001 so he is not a young guy.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 weeks ago Matt Cross averaged 5.8 points and shot 30% from 3-point range at Louisville. He is 6'7" and weighs 225 pounds.

Gytis averaged 5.2 points and shot 36% from 3-point range at Xavier last year. He is also 6'7" and weighs 220 pounds.

I think Gytis could come in and make a similar impact like Cross. He started and played against some of the best teams in the entire country.

I know some people here don't understand that high-major players who have a significant role and put up decent numbers tend to make a nice jump when they move down to the A10. But, no doubt about it, I would be very, very happy if we land this kid. I was pretty let down after losing Zapala, Brown, and Sobel. I think this kid is a better offensive player than all of those guys. Maybe not Sobel but he played in a much tougher conference. I don't think he'll make the same impact on defense, though.

I looked quickly as I'm at work, but I belive in the games he played over 20 minutes, he averaged 9 points and 5 rebounds. I see no reason why he couldn't put up better numbers in the A10 with a bigger role. He looks like a guy that could play next to Fuchs or bang in the post as a smaller center as well.

20 points against Washington
14 points against Vault's Bryant
11 points against Rhody72's Providence
11 points against Cooley's Georgetown
10 points and 7 rebounds against Zach Edey's Purdue
10 points and 5 rebounds against Dan's UConn
Those are good numbers against big-time talent, besides Bryant. This kid would be a good addition.
Yeah he's a good player. I think if we get him we still add a true center though, he's definitely a stretch 4.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

jakepnickers wrote: 2 weeks ago

Was listed as a senior last year at Xavier, appears to be a one year player. Played international college ball @ Bypaupas Magnes University. Was also born in 2001 so he is not a young guy.
Wouldn't think that would count against him since they aren't in the NCAA. Hm.
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Yes why would anyone even think twice about this kid? He can help next year. If he has eligibility beyond that; that’s even better
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

jakepnickers
Abdul Fox

Unread post by jakepnickers »

jakepnickers wrote: 2 weeks ago
Wouldn't think that would count against him since they aren't in the NCAA. Hm.
Not NCAA but NCAA rules are you have 5 years to complete 4 years of basketball starting the first year you enroll in a 4 or 2 year college (why juco and NAIA players also come in having lost some eligibility.) Since he is around 23 his 5 years is probably running out.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

If we can get him, I would be happy despite his height. We need front court depth - preferably at the center spot. But, like others have said above, he has played well against top level talent in the minutes he played so, I say bring him in if we can. We can still look for a true 5 if we bring him in.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 weeks ago If we can get him, I would be happy despite his height. We need front court depth - preferably at the center spot. But, like other have said above, he has played well against top level talent in the minutes he played so, I say bring him in if we can. We can still look for a true 5 if we bring him in.
Yeah I would be fine with it. Doesn't make a ton of sense. 1 year left, can maybe be ok at the 5, but isn't a rim protector. Seems like he'd be looking for a starting role and its hard to see that with DG and Drissa already here, unless we think he can do fine playing some 5.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 weeks ago If we can get him, I would be happy despite his height. We need front court depth - preferably at the center spot. But, like other have said above, he has played well against top level talent in the minutes he played so, I say bring him in if we can. We can still look for a true 5 if we bring him in.
Yeah I would be fine with it. Doesn't make a ton of sense. 1 year left, can maybe be ok at the 5, but isn't a rim protector. Seems like he'd be looking for a starting role and its hard to see that with DG and Drissa already here, unless we think he can do fine playing some 5.
“Doesn’t make a ton of sense” lolololol

Yea, we’re in such great shape as a program that a starting P5 big man with multiple good games against top competition doesn’t make a ton of sense.

Who the Christ cares if he has one year left, can’t assume kids stay past one season anymore.

We’re definitely in a spot to pick and choose the players we get. Totally man.

Another beautiful post from you.
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 weeks ago

He's only played 1 year, but he was listed as a senior. Not sure why. He is 22 years old.
Maybe it's connected to the year he was born
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 weeks ago

Yea, we’re in such great shape as a program that a starting P5 big man with multiple good games against top competition doesn’t make a ton of sense.

Who the Christ cares if he has one year left, can’t assume kids stay past one season anymore.

You're a crazy person lololol where did I say I didn't want him? You have issues dude. Just gonna skip the part where I said "HE'S A TAKE"

He's a 6'7 220 pound small/stretch 4 that can MAYBE play some 5 that isn't a rim protector. He provides depth and starter ability sure, but would he want to come here and be Fuchs back up? Greens back up? We have Green, Drissa and Farrell already. I'm just assuming he'd want significant playing time. He's obviously a take, but sorry it's not a no brainer for him, although I'd imagine Drissa won't get much PT with him.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

My needle drop on the video tells me I/ll take him for sure, maybe has the packline down.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

You're a crazy person lololol where did I say I didn't want him? You have issues dude. Just gonna skip the part where I said "HE'S A TAKE"

He's a 6'7 220 pound small/stretch 4 that can MAYBE play some 5 that isn't a rim protector. He provides depth and starter ability sure, but would he want to come here and be Fuchs back up? Greens back up? We have Green, Drissa and Farrell already. I'm just assuming he'd want significant playing time. He's obviously a take, but sorry it's not a no brainer for him, although I'd imagine Drissa won't get much PT with him.
What's amazing is you are throwing out names of players and i have no idea who they are. Damn this sucks.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 weeks ago

What's amazing is you are throwing out names of players and i have no idea who they are. Damn this sucks.
You're not fanning very well blueram.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

You're not fanning very well blueram.
I had to take a step back. After the last 6 years and now with NIL and the portal, I'm stepping back. It's best for me and the Ryan Center. I can't imagine how I would react to some dude shooting 60% FT and is making like $100k. I would be yelling so hard that he sucks I would get kicked out of the RC.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Because he's a "nohehoh"?

Although, I have no right to complain about the players Arch is getting. And, I don't think I have. I thought last year's team would be way better than the one before, and the same for this year. For now, my only complaint will be, if you're a player out there on the court and you don't hustle, you suck. That's all there is to it...if you don't hustle, you suck and even the NILdon'ts can hoot on you.
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 2 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Plus I’m sure Sean will put in a great word to Arch about him
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

He is listed at 6’7” 220 which is pretty close to Green at 6’7” 230. That gives Archie a lot of flexibility at the 3/4 depending on match ups. I don’t think he is the center we are obviously looking for, but, it might be fun for parts of games to be playing no one taller than 6’7” and present opposing match up nightmares for our competition with our 3 pt shooting.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Maybe this roster, adding him, would Archie’s version of positionless hoops Rhody style?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

McRam wrote: 2 weeks ago He is listed at 6’7” 220 which is pretty close to Green at 6’7” 230. That gives Archie a lot of flexibility at the 3/4 depending on match ups. I don’t think he is the center we are obviously looking for, but, it might be fun for parts of games to be playing no one taller than 6’7” and present opposing match up nightmares for our competition with our 3 pt shooting.
Give me an entire front court of 6’7” guys who can play over a 7’ stiff any day. That gets us through A10 play.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

That somehow both makes no sense at all and is also kind of perfect.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

ace wrote: 2 weeks ago
That is a perfect way to put it haah.

He went from leaving Oklahoma St in mid-January to pursue a "Professional Career" as he told Mike Boynton. Now almost 5 months later he commits to Green Bay to play in the Horizon League.

The kid is kind of all over the place.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I wanted us in on him elite potential

Miller probably more focused on team building than “potential”

That Green Bay soap opera might become a must watch. Glory or train wreck. Entertaining is good.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

rhodylaw wrote: 2 weeks ago
McRam wrote: 2 weeks ago He is listed at 6’7” 220 which is pretty close to Green at 6’7” 230. That gives Archie a lot of flexibility at the 3/4 depending on match ups. I don’t think he is the center we are obviously looking for, but, it might be fun for parts of games to be playing no one taller than 6’7” and present opposing match up nightmares for our competition with our 3 pt shooting.
Give me an entire front court of 6’7” guys who can play over a 7’ stiff any day. That gets us through A10 play.
I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why some people on here are so obsessed with landing a "7 footer".. Some of the best bigs ever in the A10 and on our team were undersized. Give me a dude like Cyril over an unathletic 7 footer 100% of the time. And no I don't think Traore is Cyril but that dude is strong, atheltic, and has a motor similar to Cyril. I see no reason why he can't play the 5 in the A10. If you can land a player like Gytis you do it. I'm not getting my hopes up like I did with Sobel but I would be pumped if we were to land him.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

As long as he stays far away from Rhody i'm good. Hopefully he figures it out but that kid seems like another Mitchell and Bray to me.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

sevegny7 wrote: 2 weeks ago
ace wrote: 2 weeks ago
That is a perfect way to put it haah.

He went from leaving Oklahoma St in mid-January to pursue a "Professional Career" as he told Mike Boynton. Now almost 5 months later he commits to Green Bay to play in the Horizon League.

The kid is kind of all over the place.
Just another example of potential unrealized to the extent expected by his advisers and his own personal belief.

Also another example of how recruiting projections are not infallible.

Based on what I watched of the young man - when he was a prep recruit - I thought he had a bright future; a potential pro overseas at least. But, something went off track for the young man.

It is unfortunate. Hopefully, he can still get it together enough to make money overseas.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 weeks ago
rhodylaw wrote: 2 weeks ago
I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why some people on here are so obsessed with landing a "7 footer".. Some of the best bigs ever in the A10 and on our team were undersized. Give me a dude like Cyril over an unathletic 7 footer 100% of the time. And no I don't think Traore is Cyril but that dude is strong, atheltic, and has a motor similar to Cyril. I see no reason why he can't play the 5 in the A10. If you can land a player like Gytis you do it. I'm not getting my hopes up like I did with Sobel but I would be pumped if we were to land him.
Good insight as usual, Stevey.

To speak for myself, I see “7 footer” as more symbolic in terms of a rim protector.

My symbolic perception of a rim protectors are players like Mutumbo, Kareem, Walton, Chamberland, Ewing, the Chief, Olajuwon, etc. Those are the types that first usually come to mind for me. Therefore, my perception is biased in that respect. All those players were very close to or above 7 feet.

However, my perception isn’t necessarily correct or dominant. There are examples that do not fit my symbolic perception: Bill Russell, Dave Cowens, Willis Reed, etc.

The point being, the rim protector’s don’t always fit my perceived mold.

Anyway, it is a slow time around here so I just thought I’d throw this post out there to encourage others to give their perceptions of what “7 footer” means to them.

Carry on.