Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Re: Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

HEAR HEAR !
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Political Theater, brought to you by the Virtue Signalers. We don't just do what we're told for no logical reason at all...we wear it and we want you to as well.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 years ago

Having "good behavior" so you get your freedom back is actually how prison works.

But if you've convinced yourself that masking makes you socially responsible, congrats!
"Good behavior"...freedom back...comparison to prison. What in the world are you talking about, man? Get yourself checked into the department of reality. Your rambling makes no sense.

Thanks for the congratulations. Complaining about masks and not wearing one I guess would make you what? Socially apathetic? Socially isolationist? (Do you complain about requirement about wearing shoes and shirt into retail establishments? Do you complain about wearing a seatbelt? Are you just a chronic whiner and complainer? If you want to cry about things, just go to your room and lay down on your bed like a 3-year old.)
The world where you described healthy, active children (who's likelihood of being hospitalized by this virus is in the percentage of URI winning the national championship this year) being required to wear cloth masks over their faces to breathe in an acceptable fashion.

I have this weird thing where I apply common sense to things - so I understand why I should wear a shoes/shirt at appropriate times. Why I would want to wear a seatbelt. Etc. I also had covid (the "bad" kind) - before I was vaccinated. Saw my family between 11 months and 70+ get it before they were vaccinated. Everyone somehow survived in the same way we've all survived the flu or a cold. Chicken soup, tylenol, and sleep. Got vaccinated anyway.

Understand that there's a difference between an N-95 and a piece of thin cloth. Also understand that everyone who's double triple boosted vax mctwisty and wears all kinds of PPE in every aspect of their life is still getting this virus.

But if you see everything as minor inconveniences and don't see what you've had to give up, or what your family has had to give up over the past "2 weeks to flatten the curve" or how the goalposts have moved, or how this is little more than political theater now... I just feel bad for you man. I feel bad that your kids are growing up fear ridden over something that they don't need to be living in fear of.

So what you see as "complaining about masks" I see as "pointing out obvious logical flaws" and I'm not sure why it's a bad thing to just apply common sense instead of just contorting your worldview to live in the comfort of a lie that you've been sold. I guess it's easier than admitting you were wrong?
PMMM is probably a RI politician who voted on the no straw law. The one where they serve you a drink in a plastic cup, with a plastic cover with a straw hole and no other way to drink it, but the store can't give you a plastic straw unless you ask for one.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I understand why plastic straws are bad, but they're wonderful. Paper straws are gods way of messing with us. There needs to be another option.
GO RAMS
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Djokovic has had his visa denied by Australia.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Having "good behavior" so you get your freedom back is actually how prison works.

But if you've convinced yourself that masking makes you socially responsible, congrats!
"Good behavior"...freedom back...comparison to prison. What in the world are you talking about, man? Get yourself checked into the department of reality. Your rambling makes no sense.

Thanks for the congratulations. Complaining about masks and not wearing one I guess would make you what? Socially apathetic? Socially isolationist? (Do you complain about requirement about wearing shoes and shirt into retail establishments? Do you complain about wearing a seatbelt? Are you just a chronic whiner and complainer? If you want to cry about things, just go to your room and lay down on your bed like a 3-year old.)
The world where you described healthy, active children (who's likelihood of being hospitalized by this virus is in the percentage of URI winning the national championship this year) being required to wear cloth masks over their faces to breathe in an acceptable fashion.

I have this weird thing where I apply common sense to things - so I understand why I should wear a shoes/shirt at appropriate times. Why I would want to wear a seatbelt. Etc. I also had covid (the "bad" kind) - before I was vaccinated. Saw my family between 11 months and 70+ get it before they were vaccinated. Everyone somehow survived in the same way we've all survived the flu or a cold. Chicken soup, tylenol, and sleep. Got vaccinated anyway.

Understand that there's a difference between an N-95 and a piece of thin cloth. Also understand that everyone who's double triple boosted vax mctwisty and wears all kinds of PPE in every aspect of their life is still getting this virus.

But if you see everything as minor inconveniences and don't see what you've had to give up, or what your family has had to give up over the past "2 weeks to flatten the curve" or how the goalposts have moved, or how this is little more than political theater now... I just feel bad for you man. I feel bad that your kids are growing up fear ridden over something that they don't need to be living in fear of.

So what you see as "complaining about masks" I see as "pointing out obvious logical flaws" and I'm not sure why it's a bad thing to just apply common sense instead of just contorting your worldview to live in the comfort of a lie that you've been sold. I guess it's easier than admitting you were wrong?
Well, I asked my kids if they're growing up "fear ridden" (your words, not mine) and they said no. They know to ask the experts and not just wing it because they think they know better. The "healthy, active children" who refer to who likely won't be hospitalized by Covid...I'm sure you know what the long-term effects of Covid will be for all of them?

Your "common sense" approach/argument is code for: "I have no expertise in the topic of discussion and I'm going to ignore those who have spent their lives studying science, medicine, and public health...and providing the general public their findings." You'll take something that has nothing to do with politics and make it political.

So yup, you're a whiner, a complainer, whatever word fits. You complain that the goalposts have moved...yet ignore the fact that data has moved along with it. Did you complain about the seatbelt law when it was introduced? (Not sure how old you are.) A lot of people did, myself included. But I did it anyway.

Hey, you got Covid and obviously survived. Great. And you say what to those who didn't survive or are long-haulers? And you say what to families of kids in pediatric hospitals? And you say what to doctors and nurses working in overflowing conditions? Let me guess...you tell them to have some chicken soup and take off their masks in the hospital because that's what common sense should tell them to do.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

PMMM just get your triple vaxx. I'm sure you won't get covid nor spread it to anyone else. :roll:
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago
RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago

Come down to Florida... I've been here 4+ years now and very happy I made the move. Common sense COVID precautions
Where are you Roady Jay? Anywhere near RI Red?

Anybody there wearing masks now? Recent news is tge cloth masks don’t work with Omicron and CDC Experts are saying the N95 is recommended. Don’t think I could go long with a N95 mask / too hard to breath.
Cloth masks not really doing anything is not news

If people were actually informed in their worries they all would have been wearing N95's the entire time.

My friend and her husband go back and forth between Sunny Isles and The Keys. They're constantly telling me how much of a different world it is there. DiSantis, God Bless that guy for being common sense about his Covid response. McKee is a bumbling fool. People here in RI are literally living in fear for the Omicron which is the cold. I've felt like crap this entire week, I tested negative yesterday, and I'm simply living my life as how anyone cognizant of being sick would. Stay home and have some emergen C, water, etc.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

"

PMMM is probably a RI politician who voted on the no straw law. The one where they serve you a drink in a plastic cup, with a plastic cover with a straw hole and no other way to drink it, but the store can't give you a plastic straw unless you ask for one.
Can you imagine someone calling the government to rat someone out for giving out a straw? Do I now carry stainless steel straws on me at all times? These are the same idiots who are littering their face diapers - shouldn't they be disposed of in a proper biohazard container? I've never witnessed a bigger bunch of hypocrities.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago

Anybody there wearing masks now? Recent news is tge cloth masks don’t work with Omicron and CDC Experts are saying the N95 is recommended. Don’t think I could go long with a N95 mask / too hard to breath.

If people were actually informed in their worries they all would have been wearing N95's the entire time.

My friend and her husband go back and forth between Sunny Isles and The Keys. They're constantly telling me how much of a different world it is there. DiSantis, God Bless that guy for being common sense about his Covid response. McKee is a bumbling fool. People here in RI are literally living in fear for the Omicron which is the cold. I've felt like crap this entire week, I tested negative yesterday, and I'm simply living my life as how anyone cognizant of being sick would. Stay home and have some emergen C, water, etc.
I was in the Keys last April. Great time. Heading to Hawaii in a couple of weeks. But yeah, this state sucks. 2 years.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago PMMM just get your triple vaxx. I'm sure you won't get covid nor spread it to anyone else. :roll:
It's at the point where if it's not a government-hired doctor all over TV they think it's some fringe/rouge, mad scientist. The propaganda the DOH is releasing is something else.

There is a major difference between dying "with covid" and "from covid".
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

I was in the Keys last April. Great time. Heading to Hawaii in a couple of weeks. But yeah, this state sucks. 2 years.
Oh, Hawaii... I have never been. It's on my list, for sure.

I'm going to give it another year or two, trying to figure it out, but at the rate RI is going I may keep my place here and rent it out and move to FL. The progressive movement is too much for my taste. I'm someone who has zero faith that the government has my best interest in mind.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I'm going to give it another year or two, trying to figure it out, but at the rate RI is going I may keep my place here and rent it out and move to FL. The progressive movement is too much for my taste. I'm someone who has zero faith that the government has my best interest in mind.
Govt in RI has your best interest? LOL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Govt in RI has your best interest? LOL
Why would they? They're politicians....
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

DESANTIS is the man

The only one who had it right

My buddy is in Marco island

He’s been there since Christmas and hasn’t seen one mask and everyone is out and about

Meanwhile “nervous Ned” Lamont is afraid of his own shadow

Get me out of this stupid ass state and the woke bullshit

EVERYTHING WOKE TURNS TO SHIT
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago DESANTIS is the man

The only one who had it right

My buddy is in Marco island

He’s been there since Christmas and hasn’t seen one mask and everyone is out and about

Meanwhile “nervous Ned” Lamont is afraid of his own shadow

Get me out of this stupid ass state and the woke bullshit

EVERYTHING WOKE TURNS TO SHIT

I love how self-indulgent woke AOC is thinking that attractive men are seeking her out. They're not.

At least you don't live in Boston with Marxist Wu.

McKee here is fiddling around trying to find out what he needs to have on his platform. I've talked to a few people I know in the RI GOP and I know of one very viable and likable candidate that hasn't been announced yet. Other than that we are SCREWED with a progressive will absolve the middle class in RI entirely. You'll have RI who's reliant on the gov't, and you'll have RI who are wealthy retirees. Which is why if I rent my place out I'll charge top dollar to someone from NY who'll take it. :D :mrgreen:
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

This board has been ruined by a handful of posters that continually push their opinions and political views over and over again ad nauseum. I am beginning to think it might be best to shut it down. It sadly has little to do with Rhody basketball these days.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago This board has been ruined by a handful of posters that continually push their opinions and political views over and over again ad nauseum. I am beginning to think it might be best to shut it down. It sadly has little to do with Rhody basketball these days.
….agreed totally, today I did get to the point you make……..even the valued attempts by the mods to keep the Covid discussions to this topic, it bleeds over into many others……..often quickly within a few posts of a new topic…….we know the mods can’t be forum cops……..what would Rod say?…….something along the lines of ‘if ya don’t like the post, don’t read it…….or respond….’
Ram logo via Grist 1938
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago This board has been ruined by a handful of posters that continually push their opinions and political views over and over again ad nauseum. I am beginning to think it might be best to shut it down. It sadly has little to do with Rhody basketball these days.
Completely agree. There are about a half dozen people that seem hell bent on ruining what was one of the best college hoops boards around. They’re succeeding.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Bravo, bravo.
Go Rhody
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

RF1 - I just posted something similar on another thread. I come here for URI basketball talk. All we get are threads hijacked by the same 3 to 4 people. Ready to start a poll. Do we prefer to:

1. Ban ALL political talk and banish those who do so.
2. Shut the whole KB site down
3. Start an "all things Covid and Political threat in which people of all viewpoints can post and bicker with each other, leaving the rest of us to enjoy the basketball season.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Well, I asked my kids if they're growing up "fear ridden" (your words, not mine) and they said no. They know to ask the experts and not just wing it because they think they know better. The "healthy, active children" who refer to who likely won't be hospitalized by Covid...I'm sure you know what the long-term effects of Covid will be for all of them?

Your "common sense" approach/argument is code for: "I have no expertise in the topic of discussion and I'm going to ignore those who have spent their lives studying science, medicine, and public health...and providing the general public their findings." You'll take something that has nothing to do with politics and make it political.

So yup, you're a whiner, a complainer, whatever word fits. You complain that the goalposts have moved...yet ignore the fact that data has moved along with it. Did you complain about the seatbelt law when it was introduced? (Not sure how old you are.) A lot of people did, myself included. But I did it anyway.

Hey, you got Covid and obviously survived. Great. And you say what to those who didn't survive or are long-haulers? And you say what to families of kids in pediatric hospitals? And you say what to doctors and nurses working in overflowing conditions? Let me guess...you tell them to have some chicken soup and take off their masks in the hospital because that's what common sense should tell them to do.
Like I said dude. I just feel bad. Maybe one day you’ll wake up instead of living a comfortable lie, but to each his own.

As for my “survivor” story - yeah exceedingly rare. It’s only me and over 99.9% of everyone else who got Covid that wasn’t morbidly obese.

I don’t remember everyone being so sensitive about people who died from the flu before 2020 though. Anyone know why that is?
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Like I said dude. I just feel bad. Maybe one day you’ll wake up instead of living a comfortable lie, but to each his own.

As for my “survivor” story - yeah exceedingly rare. It’s only me and over 99.9% of everyone else who got Covid that wasn’t morbidly obese.

I don’t remember everyone being so sensitive about people who died from the flu before 2020 though. Anyone know why that is?
800,000 US citizens haven't died from the flu. For the umpteenth time, this isn't the flu. Do you get that? Let me answer that...no. (Have you heard about long-term effects as well?) Stop living a lie and your conspiracy world. Your constant whining and complaining...fear of scientists and doctors. You think everyone is the boogie man and they're out to get you.

And DeSantis is a clown...sticks his head in the sand, lies about his state's Covid totals, hires a buffoon state surgeon general, downplays vaccines, says he's pro-business but interferes when they want people vaccinated and/or wearing masks, didn't care when hospitals were overrun and pretends that Covid doesn't exist. Yeah, great leader. He's done nothing proactive. He's put politics above Floridians' health.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

800,000 US citizens haven't died from the flu. For the umpteenth time, this isn't the flu. Do you get that? Let me answer that...no. (Have you heard about long-term effects as well?) Stop living a lie and your conspiracy world. Your constant whining and complaining...fear of scientists and doctors. You think everyone is the boogie man and they're out to get you.

And DeSantis is a clown...sticks his head in the sand, lies about his state's Covid totals, hires a buffoon state surgeon general, downplays vaccines, says he's pro-business but interferes when they want people vaccinated and/or wearing masks, didn't care when hospitals were overrun and pretends that Covid doesn't exist. Yeah, great leader. He's done nothing proactive. He's put politics above Floridians' health.
You're right. Just like 800,000 citizens didn't die from Covid. How did the flu disappear for 2 years only to conveniently come back this year? You just want to believe whatever numbers support your narrative. I'm not sure how anyone can trust this data on either side.

And when did I bring up DeSantis? When did I bring up a politician? Or are you subconsciously admitting that this isn't about health and it's about politics now? You think DeSantis is the only one fudging the numbers? It's alllll fudged for one reason or another.

Just curious...since the people who you keep labeling "conspiracy theorists" continue to be proven right... What line would you like to draw in the sand that you believe before they move the goalposts in 4 months and you need to do mental gymnastics to continue to believe what makes you feel good?
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

NHRamFan wrote: 2 years ago
RF1 - I just posted something similar on another thread. I come here for URI basketball talk. All we get are threads hijacked by the same 3 to 4 people. Ready to start a poll. Do we prefer to:

1. Ban ALL political talk and banish those who do so.
2. Shut the whole KB site down
3. Start an "all things Covid and Political threat in which people of all viewpoints can post and bicker with each other, leaving the rest of us to enjoy the basketball season.
This is literally a thread dedicated to Covid-19.

I would rather talk about basketball too. But there really isn't any URI basketball happening at the moment.

Any other non-Covid thread that devolves into this shit show? Sure - ban people, block it, whatever.

But this is literally a Covid thread. You could just not read it. The only thing worse than our individual and insufferable political points of view (mine included) is people coming to the Covid thread and complaining that people are bitching about Covid.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Okay asking to shut this board down is passive aggressive.

To find pure basketball talk, where do you suggest that even be found? The team hardly played the last month and the last game was a lackluster win against a DII opponent. Face it. Things are going to come into conversation here surrounding the team and dealings with Covid. I guarantee you Covid will most likely cancel or postpone the remainder of the season.

If you feel hijacked about posts, than you’re simply triggered by it all. We are headed 3 years into this debacle. This entire message board is a live and in real-time forum. Covid guidance and protocols for games are changing on the fly. It’s constantly in flux. Should it be part of every thread? Probably not, but if you’re complaining about having to read it, I don’t know what else to tell you. Stop reading everything? Scroll by? If actual basketball games were happening the dynamic would be completely different on this board and I know you all would agree.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago Okay asking to shut this board down is passive aggressive.

To find pure basketball talk, where do you suggest that even be found? The team hardly played the last month and the last game was a lackluster win against a DII opponent. Face it. Things are going to come into conversation here surrounding the team and dealings with Covid. I guarantee you Covid will most likely cancel or postpone the remainder of the season.

If you feel hijacked about posts, than you’re simply triggered by it all. We are headed 3 years into this debacle. This entire message board is a live and in real-time forum. Covid guidance and protocols for games are changing on the fly. It’s constantly in flux. Should it be part of every thread? Probably not, but if you’re complaining about having to read it, I don’t know what else to tell you. Stop reading everything? Scroll by? If actual basketball games were happening the dynamic would be completely different on this board and I know you all would agree.

Think people are asking to simply keep Covid and political talk in this thread and this thread only. NOBODY wants to go to the the Dayton and other threads to see you and others going on and on a Trump, Covid, the left, right, etc etc.

I don’t think that’s asking too much.
Go Rhody
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

! Message from: ATPTourFan
We will delete any COVID/political posts outside this thread. As the mods and I cannot be policing all threads 24/7, please use the post report feature to let us know if any threads are going off course.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Bravo !

Great decision !
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

From the President of Southcoast hospitals, posted as written without comment;

At Southcoast Health we are experiencing similar results across our three hospitals. As of January 5, 2022, we have 154 COVID-positive patients at Charlton Memorial, St. Luke’s and Tobey Hospitals, with nearly three-quarters of these patients being unvaccinated. This compares to 153 COVID-positive patients on this date last year.

Only 3% of hospitalized COVID-positive patients at Southcoast are fully vaccinated and boosted, demonstrating the effectiveness of protection from severe illness and death and that boosters are demonstrating even more substantial protection against COVID-19.

Sadly, in the last 30 days 63 COVID-positive patients have passed away within our hospitals.
Last edited by CaptainRon 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

The aggression here is amazing. Thank you to the mods for keeping this talk out of other threads. One parting suggestion: Just change the title to "All Things Covid" and move it out of "NCAA's or Bust" folder. Ciao.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NHRamFan wrote: 2 years ago The aggression here is amazing. Thank you to the mods for keeping this talk out of other threads. One parting suggestion: Just change the title to "All Things Covid" and move it out of "NCAA's or Bust" folder. Ciao.
100%.

People aren’t even posting about Covid and sports anymore, just spewing their own personal belief bullshit, trying to act like the toughest people on earth by waking into stores with no mask on.
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago
Completely agree. There are about a half dozen people that seem hell bent on ruining what was one of the best college hoops boards around. They’re succeeding.
Only a holier than thou-er would think such a thing.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Message board decorum talk... fascinating... listening to people whine about whining....beautiful...
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

CaptainRon wrote: 2 years ago From the President of Southcoast hospitals, posted as written without comment;

At Southcoast Health we are experiencing similar results across our three hospitals. As of January 5, 2022, we have 154 COVID-positive patients at Charlton Memorial, St. Luke’s and Tobey Hospitals, with nearly three-quarters of these patients being unvaccinated. This compares to 153 COVID-positive patients on this date last year.

Only 3% of hospitalized COVID-positive patients at Southcoast are fully vaccinated and boosted, demonstrating the effectiveness of protection from severe illness and death and that boosters are demonstrating even more substantial protection against COVID-19.

Sadly, in the last 30 days 63 COVID-positive patients have passed away within our hospitals.
So that equates to 5 hospital patients that have been vaxxed and boosted.

Did they say how many of the 63 deaths were fully vaxxed and boosted?

My guess is zero.

I've heard that virtually all of the vaxxed and boosted deaths nationwide are among those who were 100 or more pounds overweight, or very old and had multiple other issues.

In other words, if you have those things, you're much more likely to die sooner anyway.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I mean, you would think everyone in Florida should be dead based on your logic. In fact, DeSantis kept his state open for business DESPITE politics. Because anytime a politician restricts your freedoms, that it due to politics. Thanks for playing Woke Mike.
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

I mean, you would think everyone in Florida should be dead based on your logic. In fact, DeSantis kept his state open for business DESPITE politics. Because anytime a politician restricts your freedoms, that it due to politics. Thanks for playing Woke Mike.
Proud that DeSantis is my Governor. He struck the right balance of protecting the vulnerable and necessary restrictions with keeping the economy and society open. It’s one of the reasons why hundreds of thousands have flocked to Florida from places like New York and California.

Fauci very recently admitted that omicron is no worse than the flu. He also commented that many of the children being hospitalized are there for reasons other than COVID, but when they are admitted, they are tested, and many are COVID positive. He admitted there is an overcounting of COVID hospitalizations. Not my words, his.

If that’s the case what the hell are other states still doing with restrictions, mandates, and the rest? Time to end all of it.

I am pro vax, pro common sense restrictions, but now it’s time to end what is a major governmental/institutional overreach at this point in many states and countries.

It’s a shame all of these basketball games are being canceled or postponed. Completely unnecessary.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Good post RhodyJay....agree completely.

I'm going to Florida late February for my annual vacation which includes attending the Daytona 500.

Very much looking forward to it.

Hopefully looking to spend a larger portion of the winters to come down there.

I have to say though, I didn't agree withe DiSantis during the earlier days of the pandemic, when people were dying left and right.

But now with Omicron, his Covid policy makes a ton of sense.

Everything is open...and if you want to wear a mask, that's fine, but you don't have to.

Life is normal, unlike the circus around here.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago
Everything is open...and if you want to wear a mask, that's fine, but you don't have to.
Sucks that that sounds so awesome...
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Cloth masks not effective vs omicron

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/9091574002
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Cloth masks not effective vs omicron

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/9091574002
Nothing is. We would all be wearing space suits if people weren't such inconsiderate whiners and only thinking of themselves.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RI still highest for most new cases per 100,000 per NY Times
22EB1AD0-71D9-4F30-9FF6-575953CCCC56.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago

Proud that DeSantis is my Governor. He struck the right balance of protecting the vulnerable and necessary restrictions with keeping the economy and society open. It’s one of the reasons why hundreds of thousands have flocked to Florida from places like New York and California.

Fauci very recently admitted that omicron is no worse than the flu. He also commented that many of the children being hospitalized are there for reasons other than COVID, but when they are admitted, they are tested, and many are COVID positive. He admitted there is an overcounting of COVID hospitalizations. Not my words, his.

If that’s the case what the hell are other states still doing with restrictions, mandates, and the rest? Time to end all of it.

I am pro vax, pro common sense restrictions, but now it’s time to end what is a major governmental/institutional overreach at this point in many states and countries.

It’s a shame all of these basketball games are being canceled or postponed. Completely unnecessary.
There is no differentiation in the statistics between those who went into the hospital FOR Covid and those who went into the hospital for something else (heart attach, broken leg, flu, etc) and tested positive for Covid - and they go into the Covid Hospitalization number.

So as Omicron takes over and becomes more and more in society then the hospitalization numbers go up BUT we don’t know the true number of people “hospitalized” because of Omicron Covid.

Fauci is now admitting this, as you say, but it’s getting little traction with the media.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Because the media and some people are so attached to this pandy, they don't ever want to let it go. Needs to be kept front and center as the flagship Cause du jour.

So every possible measure is taken to find numbers to pump, and imply the overwhelming huge worseness of it, with continual hype. Hurr...durr...covid...millions....hospitals overrun with the Crona....Crona ....Crona!....hurdy durdy.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

oh my .. cases are up.... cases are up !

relax people

you are going to have to live with this

move on with your lives

go out and play basketball

skirts off - basketball shorts on
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Delta CEO sent a letter to Dr Walensky requesting a reduction of 10 days to 5 days. CDC then granted the reduction. Delta did the research and made the request based on Omicron info.

Very little in studies or research revaluation comes out of our CDC. Walensky and Fauci say they base on science over and over again but I don’t see the science.

I see more studies coming out of Israel, South Africa and other countries but US seems dormant.

Dr Fauci - 81 years old
Nancy Pelosi - 81
Joe Biden - 79
Mitch McConnell - 79

Is it any wonder?

https://www.newsweek.com/delta-ceo-lett ... 3887?amp=1
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago RI still highest for most new cases per 100,000 per NY Times

22EB1AD0-71D9-4F30-9FF6-575953CCCC56.png
Rhody #1! Yay!

Oh wait......
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

CT had 8800 new cases yesterday....0 new deaths.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yikes even the most scared of covid people I know in TN and VA at least recognize that omicron is much milder.