1/19 | La Salle | 7:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: 1/19 | La Salle | 7:00PM (YurView/ESPN+)

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Our defense is better than last year's, yes.

That's a positive.

And yes, that's not Cox's fault we couldn't make a FT.

The players of course have responsibility for playing like crap.

But this was at HOME....no excuse for this kind of "performance".

208, 20 wins will NOT get us an NIT bid, unless we win a few against the top teams in this league.

The NCAA committee runs the NIT also, and our NET isn't nearly good enough to get a bid.

Have to be in the 70's or less to make it.
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago If we go 8-6 the rest of the way, that’s 20 wins.

That would make Baron’s 20 win seasons look great by comparison.

At least when he won 20 games, we usually went to the NIT.

Not a chance we go there this year even with that.
20 wins gets a NIT bid and an extension.
I don’t think that’s an automatic NIT bid this year (more likely CBI) but regrettably I do believe 20 wins gets an extension.
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

The best that can be said about this game is we didn’t lose despite our best effort.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

20 wins against Quad 3/4 opponents does not land you an NIT bid.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago How about that stretch where Walker missed that reverse lay up, played matador defense, Makhel took an early in the shot clock 20 foot jumper and then one of the twins threw the ball five feet over the others head?

That sequence was actually worse than the color commentary
Yeah, uh, I remember that. Do you remember that? That was AWESOME.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

ram1980 wrote: 2 years ago An ugly win is better than an ugly loss.. and man that was an ugly win.. poor e z buckets trying to get the fans going.. might help if the team can give us a reason to get loud.. do like being able to zip out of the parking lot and get home in less than an hour.. that's my positive take on tonight's game.
I got home even faster. I left at halftime with us down by 8 to the 278th team in America to wash off the stink. Last time I did that we were losing by 20 at the half to an even shittier team whose name I've fortunately forgotten.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago Our defense is better than last year's, yes.

That's a positive.

208, 20 wins will NOT get us an NIT bid, unless we win a few against the top teams in this league.

The NCAA committee runs the NIT also, and our NET isn't nearly good enough to get a bid.

I'm sorry, did we change the name of this section to "NIT or Bust"?
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago
ram1980 wrote: 2 years ago An ugly win is better than an ugly loss.. and man that was an ugly win.. poor e z buckets trying to get the fans going.. might help if the team can give us a reason to get loud.. do like being able to zip out of the parking lot and get home in less than an hour.. that's my positive take on tonight's game.
I got home even faster. I left at halftime with us down by 8 to the 278th team in America to wash off the stink. Last time I did that we were losing by 20 at the half to an even shittier team whose name I've fortunately forgotten.
I was watching URI host West Virginia in 1987. (It was my birthday.) WVU was pounding URI at halftime by like 16 points, probably something like 38-22. My dad suggested we should leave early to beat the crappy weather and lousy roads. I said no, we're staying. (I never like to leave early.) Rhody rallied late and the roughly 1,800 fans or so in Keaney made more noise than you can believe as they staged a furious comeback against Gale Catlett's boys. A 60-59 win and I still have the ticket stub to prove it. A great birthday present...and in my mind, they won it for me!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Carey did give us nice minutes in the 2h really good to see
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

That's a positive.

Exactly. Who cares about the NIT?? You think that is going to draw a packed house in the Ryan Center? It didn’t look like there were too many people in the Ryan Center tonight. I can’t think of anything worse than either just making or missing the NIT and an extension for Cox. I would prefer to just lose than struggle with this mirage of wins against one bad team after another.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago

That's a positive.

Exactly. Who cares about the NIT?? You think that is going to draw a packed house in the Ryan Center? It didn’t look like there were too many people in the Ryan Center tonight. I can’t think of anything worse than either just making or missing the NIT and an extension for Cox. I would prefer to just lose than struggle with this mirage of wins against one bad team after another.
RamStock, your comment indicates that you would prefer us to lose just to hasten your wish for Cox to be replaced.

As a longtime fan and supporter, I would never root against our Rams regardless of how I felt about our coach.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

As an objective measure of the poor quality of last night's performance (despite the win), we dropped from 70 to 83 in KenPom!! That's hard to do without losing, but hooray for the special achievement, I guess?
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Yzzzzaaaawnnn.....
…….toot toot……
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Kenpom can go eff himself. It’s a Win, in regulation.
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago If we go 8-6 the rest of the way, that’s 20 wins.

That would make Baron’s 20 win seasons look great by comparison.

At least when he won 20 games, we usually went to the NIT.

Not a chance we go there this year even with that.
20 wins gets a NIT bid and an extension.
I don’t think that’s an automatic NIT bid this year (more likely CBI) but regrettably I do believe 20 wins gets an extension.
And I believe 20 = NIT
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago

That's a positive.

Well, get ready for it....looks like they could win 20 and I think that equals NIT....just my opinion.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago Kenpom can go eff himself. It’s a Win, in regulation.
Against one of the worst teams in the country
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Just keep winning…I know some have an agenda against Cox, but I really don’t get it. We hired a first time head coach, we got growing pains, if he keeps winning and the team keeps getting better isn’t that what you want…

Yes, we are all pissed with the way he handled Fatts/Jeff and we should have been an NCAA team in year 2 (and we weren’t when the season ended).
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

It's the "getting better" part that's not happening.

That's OK, the "better teams" part of the schedule is coming up, we'll see how much "improvement" is really happening.

Pardon me if I think we'll shit the bed.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago It's the "getting better" part that's not happening.

That's OK, the "better teams" part of the schedule is coming up, we'll see how much "improvement" is really happening.

We have gotten better.

You even said yourself last night we lose this type of game 100 out of 100 times, but last night we won.

Isn’t that improving in these type of games and getting better?
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago It's the "getting better" part that's not happening.

Exactly. More than half of our games are in quad 4 or worse. We're 0-2 in quad 1, 3-2 in quad 3 and 8-0 in quad 4, plus we have the D2 win. We have no good wins and 2 bad losses. All of our "improvement" is a mirage based on coach's 10 ply schedule designed to keep a job instead of help the program
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago

Exactly. More than half of our games are in quad 4 or worse. We're 0-2 in quad 1, 3-2 in quad 3 and 8-0 in quad 4, plus we have the D2 win. We have no good wins and 2 bad losses. All of our "improvement" is a mirage based on coach's 10 ply schedule designed to keep a job instead of help the program

RhowdyRam02, you keep saying Cox developed this schedule for his own benefit to the detriment of the program.
You must think Thorr is totally oblivious as to what is going on in the program, or what he feels is the best direction?

I am sure you have much more awareness and insight about this than the administration or staff.

Like I said, Cox wasn't responsible for SH postponing the game.
I also don't know what went into getting the last-minute addition of AIU or what other teams were contacted, do you?

I also don't know what Holiday tournaments we were invited to and how we ended up in the Sunshine Classic.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

From Bill Koch's ProJo article:
"Makhi Mitchell’s move to the rim off a pass from Antwan Walker gave the Rams a 44-42 edge with 11:06 left."

For those keeping score at home, we scored 12 points in the last 11 minutes of a game against the 278th ranked team in America.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

It was bad game, which we could afford. I'm moving onto GW.
GO RAMS
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

TeamRankings reduced our NCAA chances due to the poor performance last night, from an already low 13% to 11%. The primary driver for such a penalty in the computers was our offensive efficiency.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago

RhowdyRam02, you keep saying Cox developed this schedule for his own benefit to the detriment of the program.
You must think Thorr is totally oblivious as to what is going on in the program, or what he feels is the best direction?

I am sure you have much more awareness and insight about this than the administration or staff.

I also don't know what went into getting the last-minute addition of AIU or what other teams were contacted, do you?

I also don't know what Holiday tournaments we were invited to and how we ended up in the Sunshine Classic.
It's also naive to think Cox did that intentionally and can completely control all the factors involved in making a schedule. Some of these games were contracted years ago (FGCU), some games fell off (Seton Hall), this was supposed to be a PC home game year but Covid blew that up...its just silly to think Cox went into his office and said I am single handedly going to build a weak schedule to save my job. That isn't how it works.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago As an objective measure of the poor quality of last night's performance (despite the win), we dropped from 70 to 83 in KenPom!! That's hard to do without losing, but hooray for the special achievement, I guess?
A two point home win over a dreadful LaSalle also saw a drop in the NET rankings as URI went from 93 to 98.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago

It's also naive to think Cox did that intentionally and can completely control all the factors involved in making a schedule. Some of these games were contracted years ago (FGCU), some games fell off (Seton Hall), this was supposed to be a PC home game year but Covid blew that up...its just silly to think Cox went into his office and said I am single handedly going to build a weak schedule to save my job. That isn't how it works.
Yes BAR, appreciate you contributing a little common sense and logic to this.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

As I'm sitting watching the game last night, I was wondering if anybody has ever worked with the twins on boxing out. Not once did they look to put a body on someone after a shot by the opposing team. They use their height and athletic ability to get rebounds, no fundamentals whatsoever. Then I look at the box score today and it was even worse than I thought. We were outrebounded 41-30 including FOURTEEN offensive rebounds for LaSalle. In 54 minutes combined, the twins had FIVE defensive rebounds. Teams are going to get 4 or 5 offensive rebounds a game just because of the way the ball sometimes comes off of the rim (like long rebounds). But 14 is just a horrific number. Inexcusable. There were many things that were ugly last night, but in my opinion, defensive rebounding was the worst. Can somebody please teach these kids how to box out???!!!
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago As I'm sitting watching the game last night, I was wondering if anybody has ever worked with the twins on boxing out. Not once did they look to put a body on someone after a shot by the opposing team. They use their height and athletic ability to get rebounds, no fundamentals whatsoever. Then I look at the box score today and it was even worse than I thought. We were outrebounded 41-30 including FOURTEEN offensive rebounds for LaSalle. In 54 minutes combined, the twins had FIVE defensive rebounds. Teams are going to get 4 or 5 offensive rebounds a game just because of the way the ball sometimes comes off of the rim (like long rebounds). But 14 is just a horrific number. Inexcusable. There were many things that were ugly last night, but in my opinion, defensive rebounding was the worst. Can somebody please teach these kids how to box out???!!!
The twins are very talented but agree with you this is one of their glaring weaknesses. They need to learn how to box out and i wouldn’t limit it to them. The entire team struggles boxing out. Our defense has been better this year but rebounding needs a lot of work. Grab the closest body and get low, it’s not really a skill even though some do it better than others. Fundamentals….twins could easily get to 8-10 rebounds a game with some work in this area.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago As I'm sitting watching the game last night, I was wondering if anybody has ever worked with the twins on boxing out. Not once did they look to put a body on someone after a shot by the opposing team. They use their height and athletic ability to get rebounds, no fundamentals whatsoever. Then I look at the box score today and it was even worse than I thought. We were outrebounded 41-30 including FOURTEEN offensive rebounds for LaSalle. In 54 minutes combined, the twins had FIVE defensive rebounds. Teams are going to get 4 or 5 offensive rebounds a game just because of the way the ball sometimes comes off of the rim (like long rebounds). But 14 is just a horrific number. Inexcusable. There were many things that were ugly last night, but in my opinion, defensive rebounding was the worst. Can somebody please teach these kids how to box out???!!!
Right on. I said the same thing to myself as LaSalle had that one series where they got three consecutive offensive rebounds right under the basket and scored after the third (!) one. Unbelievable.
Mobley was fouled.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago
ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago As an objective measure of the poor quality of last night's performance (despite the win), we dropped from 70 to 83 in KenPom!! That's hard to do without losing, but hooray for the special achievement, I guess?
A two point home win over a dreadful LaSalle also saw a drop in the NET rankings as URI went from 93 to 98.
With the loss, LaSalle moved from 253 to 241
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Spot on. Like many big kids they likely have gotten by on their sheer size to dominate 99.5% of people they have faced thus far.
I can recall a play where the kid Ray on Lasalle slipped in from weak side, gave Makhel a bump to create position and made an easy tap in.
One of the biggest plays in Davidson game was an offensive rebound by Brajkovic that Makhel ended up then fouling him on...and he sunk the two shots instead of us having the ball. Those are what they call winning plays...or in our case losing plays.

They have both seemingly gotten better with ball security and playing under control over the last few weeks (sans the technicals) but this is definitely an area of improvement. I believe Kenny Green is in the area; I would love us to ring him up and have him work with the twins. They have such potential but they also have very tangible areas of improvement too.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Wasn't a huge fan of Cox's post game comments. Would have liked a bit more accountability for how poorly we played in some areas. Rebounding and foul shooting most glaring. We have to get the 4-5 minute scoring drought out of our system.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

I'm sorry, but I will never agree that metrics should improve on a loss, and decreases on a win. Its ridiculous.
GO RAMS
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

rhodylaw wrote: 2 years ago Just keep winning…I know some have an agenda against Cox, but I really don’t get it. We hired a first time head coach, we got growing pains, if he keeps winning and the team keeps getting better isn’t that what you want…
For the record, I am not a "fire cox now" guy, I want to see the season play out first, but with that said...do you think who you are playing/beating matters or is it just the final record that matters? While I think there are some that are on one end of the extreme in calling for a coach to be fired after a win, I also think this on the other end just saying "well we are winning isnt that what you want" is ignoring a pretty critical factor as well. I think where we are come February 15th will tell us a lot.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago I'm sorry, but I will never agree that metrics should improve on a loss, and decreases on a win. Its ridiculous.
Why not? If that's the case, we should just rank teams by W-L, and take nothing else into account. The fact that La Salle sucks, and we barely beat them, is relevant. At least according to the SOS metric used by Sports Reference, we're currently at -1.22. We haven't had a rating under 0.0 since the 1988-89 season. It'll improve a little bit as we go along, because the back-half of the schedule has more difficult games, but sweating out a 2-point win against La Salle - where they missed multiple, open 3-pointers to win at the end - makes me think our ratings should be going down, even if we won.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I had a work obligation last night so couldn’t make the game. I got home a little after 8 and didn’t even think to follow the score. What’s the estimate on attendance? I saw a few friends IG stories and…. It looked very sparse 😳

I noticed a few (many) people here comment on the lack of enthusiasm in the Ryan Center. Remember when we were saying it was one of the most electric atmospheres in all of NCAA hoops? I am definitely sad to see this transpire where we are barely winning against an absolutely awful team in our conference.

Looking forward to the day the program isn’t so lackluster.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I should add - Yes, it's better that we won than losing. But we won in pretty much the least impressive way possible. I'm not even sure what our most impressive win is this year - Boston College (133rd, by the ranking system at Sports Reference), St. Joe's (134), Harvard (195)? Providence kicked the crap out of us, so I guess our best game this year is keeping it close with Davidson.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago I had a work obligation last night so couldn’t make the game. I got home a little after 8 and didn’t even think to follow the score. What’s the estimate on attendance? I saw a few friends IG stories and…. It looked very sparse 😳

I noticed a few (many) people here comment on the lack of enthusiasm in the Ryan Center. Remember when we were saying it was one of the most electric atmospheres in all of NCAA hoops? I am definitely sad to see this transpire where we are barely winning against an absolutely awful team in our conference.

There were probably 2500-3K at the RC in person.
Maybe that's a tiny bit high, but it was definitely more than the last 2 games.
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

I didn’t watch this game. Completely forgot it was on. I think that says more about the state of the program than anything.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

rhodyrudder wrote: 2 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago I had a work obligation last night so couldn’t make the game. I got home a little after 8 and didn’t even think to follow the score. What’s the estimate on attendance? I saw a few friends IG stories and…. It looked very sparse 😳

There were probably 2500-3K at the RC in person.
Maybe that's a tiny bit high, but it was definitely more than the last 2 games.
There were more students at this game. For St Joes there may have been about 20. This one probably had 5 times that. Still an awful student turnout considering many live within the state.
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago I should add - Yes, it's better that we won than losing. But we won in pretty much the least impressive way possible. I'm not even sure what our most impressive win is this year - Boston College (133rd, by the ranking system at Sports Reference), St. Joe's (134), Harvard (195)? Providence kicked the crap out of us, so I guess our best game this year is keeping it close with Davidson.
Beating St John's in a secret scrimmage :)
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Positives:
  • We came from down 35-27 at the half and pulled out a win
  • At 3:10 left Jhamir Brickus drove by Jalen Carey starting from the top of the key for a huge layup to put LaSalle up 53-52. Cox was not happy that Brickus went unimpeded to the hoop.Cox subbed Makhi for Walker at a timeout then subbed Leggett for Carey on action stoppage from a Makhel turnover at 2:56. Would the subs have happened anyway? Don't know but I like seeing Cox holding players accountable for defensive lapses. He has done that frequently this year.
  • 2 FTs by Jalen Carey at 5:44 remaining to out URI up 50-49 - and this after the URI team had been struggling from the line. Got FT momentum going
  • Makhi's 2 FTs at 1:55 left in the game put URI up 54-53
  • Leggett's drive and layup with 23 seconds left in the game was a clutch play
  • 26 minutes for Walker was 3rd highest only to Makhel and Jeremy with 32 each. His 9 rebounds with next closest Sheppard and Makh with 4 each
  • 4 Blocks from Makhel and 2 from Makhi plus some intimidation of shots with their height and length
  • Thomas with some clutch play on defense and 3-4 FG was needed on an off shooting night with Sheppard 2-10 and El-Amin 1-4
Opportunities where team can perform better:
  • Rebounding. Only 4 rebounds for Makhel and 2 rebounds for Makhi. They need to balance shot blocking with gaining good rebounding position on defense. Also gain better positioning earlier on the offensive boards
  • Malik Martin only 15 minutes and no points and 2 rebounds. He has been a workhorse all season. Shows the potential of this team when of David Cox' 7 starters all play well in the same game - plus Carey and Thomas
  • Game was a scare. Could easily have gone either way. Good to be on the winning side and still show the players and coaches there is still a lot to work on

Good win. On to George Washington and Richmond.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago Wasn't a huge fan of Cox's post game comments. Would have liked a bit more accountability for how poorly we played in some areas. Rebounding and foul shooting most glaring. We have to get the 4-5 minute scoring drought out of our system.
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago Wasn't a huge fan of Cox's post game comments. Would have liked a bit more accountability for how poorly we played in some areas. Rebounding and foul shooting most glaring. We have to get the 4-5 minute scoring drought out of our system.
Cox knows he needs to perform or he's likely out, he's going to put a positive spin on EVERYTHING this team does, as he should since his job is on the line. This was hardly a big conference win, it was a game that had we lost would have been the worst defeat of the season by far. He is lowering the bar to unprecedented lows. I literally switched to the womens game at halftime after watching another incredibly awful uninspiring performance. I'm as die-hard as anyone here and I will always want URI to succeed and will always pull for our guys who are playing hard, but this team has just become to hard to watch and is no longer must see tv for me, nor making me want to drive 2 hours from CT to see in person.
Last edited by Shinze88 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Section104 wrote: 2 years ago I didn’t watch this game. Completely forgot it was on. I think that says more about the state of the program than anything.
I hear you, and I'm someone who consistently tried my best to show up as early as I could once the doors opened. Loved watching them warm up.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

2 hours? Less than 2 miles...
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago
Section104 wrote: 2 years ago I didn’t watch this game. Completely forgot it was on. I think that says more about the state of the program than anything.
I hear you, and I'm someone who consistently tried my best to show up as early as I could once the doors opened. Loved watching them warm up.
Honestly it's pretty sad. Part of it is me just having less time on my hands with a 2 year old, but this would never happen if there was some level of excitement around the program.

This is coming from the same person that was glued to my phone watching the last seconds of a URI victory over Davidson March 11 2017 seconds before my bride walked down the aisle. Who woke up the day after my wedding and said limited goodbyes to my guests that traveled to Lake Louise, AB to see us get married because I was focused on the VCU Championship game.

I traveled shortly thereafter to Sacramento to see the game live and got to see Jim Harrick and Lamar Odom in person for the first time since Lamar was my coach at URI Basketball camp in 1998-1999.

It's hard to kill that type of passion, but it's happening and I know I'm not alone.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Section104 wrote: 2 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago
Honestly it's pretty sad. Part of it is me just having less time on my hands with a 2 year old, but this would never happen if there was some level of excitement around the program.

This is coming from the same person that was glued to my phone watching the last seconds of a URI victory over Davidson March 11 2017 seconds before my bride walked down the aisle. Who woke up the day after my wedding and said limited goodbyes to my guests that traveled to Lake Louise, AB to see us get married because I was focused on the VCU Championship game.

I traveled shortly thereafter to Sacramento to see the game live and got to see Jim Harrick and Lamar Odom in person for the first time since Lamar was my coach at URI Basketball camp in 1998-1999.

It's hard to kill that type of passion, but it's happening and I know I'm not alone.
ouch
:lol: