2/14 | Dayton | 9:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2/14 | Dayton | 9:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by Blue Man »

Our defense gets so lazy.

Our offense is a collection of different guys playing iso ball. Zero cohesion.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago Ok that Makhel move under the basket was pretty!
Then leave Amzil wide open

Horrendous turnover buy Shep

Foul
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
adam914 wrote: 2 years ago The Mitchells are obviously off shooting tonight, we need to run something for the guards or Walker down the stretch if we're going to pull this out.
We for sure are going to keep both their 4-19 asses in the game to ensure this loss
The crazy part is you don't even need to take them out, leave one in for defense and rebounding. Just stop forcing the ball in to them every single time, or even better they need to learn to kick it back out when necessary. Too many times we dump it in to them and stand around and watch until they put something up.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Yup. Bad sequence that was essentially the game.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago
RI_Bred wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago These announcers are actually dumb. Like basketball dumb.

How did they get jobs talking basketball?
The play by play guy keeps calling the color guy "coach" too - where did this guy coach?
Reminds me of "the maestro" in that episode of "Seinfeld"
LMFAO! What an excellent reference 😂
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago Yup. Bad sequence that was essentially the game.
Makes no sense that the shit is over that quick

We tie it. Get a stop and a chance to take the lead and we turn that into a six point deficit immediately somehow
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Offense blows
GO RAMS
steviep123
Sly Williams

Now he makes that shot?
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

The men's team needs to watch tape of Tammi's team. Because they suuuuuckkkkkkk.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Looks like the Dayton Flyers get the win
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago Now he makes that shot?
Needed to miss all those point blank lay ups first
steviep123
Sly Williams

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago Yup. Bad sequence that was essentially the game.
Makes no sense that the shit is over that quick

We tie it. Get a stop and a chance to take the lead and we turn that into a six point deficit immediately somehow
Story of the season (when not blowing double digit leads)
Bleed Keaney Blue!

PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

"Gotta feel for David Cox. He's done a tremendous job."
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

So was the crowd noticeably small?
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

We lose 63-57
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Couldn’t close. What else is new?
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Why does this fuck keep pronouncing the "T" in Dayton? "DayTon" "DayTon" drives me nuts!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago Why does this fuck keep pronouncing the "T" in Dayton? "DayTon" "DayTon" drives me nuts!
I know it so annoying !!
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago "Gotta feel for David Cox. He's done a tremendous job."
Also referenced how they were going to make the tournament a couple years ago before COVID hit. They had zero percent chance of making it without winning A-10 tourney and than had been getting whipped down the stretch
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

To any recruits reading this. 4-8 in the A-10 is terrible. I’m sorry if you no longer want to play here but I had to say it
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Frustrating...another winnable game given away.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

We fail to get a player to double figs !!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago
adam914 wrote: 2 years ago The Mitchells are obviously off shooting tonight, we need to run something for the guards or Walker down the stretch if we're going to pull this out.
We for sure are going to keep both their 4-19 asses in the game to ensure this loss
The crazy part is you don't even need to take them out, leave one in for defense and rebounding. Just stop forcing the ball in to them every single time, or even better they need to learn to kick it back out when necessary. Too many times we dump it in to them and stand around and watch until they put something up.
Either of them backing their man down is a low percentage shot. The stats have to tell you that. I will take Twan backing someone down all day over either of them. I don’t care what the matchup is.

Sheppard had a look game tied off ball screen and didn’t step in an open 3. The rest is history. Another missed opportunity.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago "Gotta feel for David Cox. He's done a tremendous job."
Also referenced how they were going to make the tournament a couple years ago before COVID hit. They had zero percent chance of making it without winning A-10 tourney and than had been getting whipped down the stretch

I LOLed at that one
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago To any recruits reading this. 4-8 in the A-10 is terrible. I’m sorry if you no longer want to play here but I had to say it
Shhh DC Rams might come back here and tell you otherwise 😂💩💩💩
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

First of all, I haven't posted here for at least a week. And last time I posted, I may have been somewhat combative, arrogant and moronic, all due to terrible aggravation due to my ridiculous fandom for URI . which is sad for an older man. I apologize. With that being said, I am still beyond frustrated with this program. I guess the older I get the more frustrating it gets for me.. I will never turn my back on the kids or program, but when you see incompetence at it's highest level , like Cox displays, in every way, besides being a "nice guy," it can be and is disgusting. For everyone out there that is into everyone gets a trophy where only little Rhody and we have a good time with the music at the games, sorry. This is a TOTAL business Even at a level as low as URI may be. The coach is making 3/4 of a million dollars a year please tell me where I can get a job to be totally incompetent and make that type of salary. This team needs a TOTAL rebuild and restructuring. It's actually unbelievable that the program can be destroyed so much and 4 short years. Mitchell twins are decent, not great by any means with some coaching they could be good but that's not going to happen. When you begin parents dictate everything you do and they're not the only ones, you have no control which is beyond a to let recipe for disaster. Please get rid of the coach ASAP and start from total scratch if you have to
Last edited by giovanni 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Avery tough loss . I think they played well enough to beat every other team in the league tonight . They did not play a perfect game, but to my eyes Uri played well . Dayton imo is the most talented team in the A 10 and should win the A 10 regular season title and probably will do so . So URI did not play a
perfect game and probably had to to beat a superior team . If they can continue to play at tonight's level they will win most of their remaining games .
If they can win four of five they will end up at 8-9 and that is about the best case scenario .And then go to DC and try to move on each night and
hope for Dayton , St. Bonaventure and maybe St. Louis get knocked out . That is a lot to ask , but hat is where they find themselves. I don't think
they can beat Dayton no matter when or where , but they do have achance each day against the rest of the teams even Davidson, VCU and the Bonnies
on a given day. Just hope they can play their best the rest of the way . These last two games I think they at about their ceiling which was all
you can ask of the players.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…….the season ticket holder gift…….one beach towel per account, not by the tickets…….cheap out or what…….
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….the season ticket holder gift…….one beach towel per account, not by the tickets…….cheap out or what…….
Maybe it's a white towel and they're worried too many people will wave it at the end of the game. 😐
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago So was the crowd noticeably small?
…….yes, and like a wake…….
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago To any recruits reading this. 4-8 in the A-10 is terrible. I’m sorry if you no longer want to play here but I had to say it
Odd odd post here man.
Go Rhody
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago I’ve never seen a more flat footed team on the glass. No one jumps. No effort.
The contrast between Dayton boxing out for rebounds tonight vs what Rhody does most of the time was glaring.
Last edited by DeanDome88 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

"Kids read this board" is a weird defense for program or coach.Yes some kids may check in on a message board but not as many as you may think. There are message boards for every team and very rare you see positive comments unless you're in the top five in the country. Social media is obviously powerful, but don't believe the majority of kids read some message board and take it to heart. Not to mention if you read some nameless poster say something negative about you and that hurts you , Good luck I don't want you on my team
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Box Score Says 4,714. Not even close.

I found myself thinking the number of people was about equal to the 1,252 that was present Sunday for the URI WBB vs Fordham.

100 level sections were much more populated Sunday than tonight.

Smallest crowd I can remember in a long time, maybe back to the Snow Day St Bonaventure game under Baron when about 200 people made it.

Valentine's Day
9pm game
Very Cold Outside
Played Davidson on Saturday so not long since last game
People went to WBB Game Sunday and many plan to go Wednesday as well

Number of People in seats shockingly small at 8:50pm - just 10 minutes before game time

Despite the small crowd both teams played very hard.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I feel like I remember announcers saying similar things about Baron his last year here
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Some casual fans say they are disappointed after a game or losing streak, but they then say but Cox has the most wins of any coach in his first 4 seasons, and I say because he is one of the few not handed a complete rebuild! Some context please! I then tell them his A-10 record the last 2 seasons and they look shocked…the announcer didn’t mention that!
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

luke wrote: 2 years ago Avery tough loss . I think they played well enough to beat every other team in the league tonight . They did not play a perfect game, but to my eyes Uri played well . Dayton imo is the most talented team in the A 10 and should win the A 10 regular season title and probably will do so . So URI did not play a
perfect game and probably had to to beat a superior team . If they can continue to play at tonight's level they will win most of their remaining games .
If they can win four of five they will end up at 8-9 and that is about the best case scenario .And then go to DC and try to move on each night and
hope for Dayton , St. Bonaventure and maybe St. Louis get knocked out . That is a lot to ask , but hat is where they find themselves. I don't think
they can beat Dayton no matter when or where , but they do have achance each day against the rest of the teams even Davidson, VCU and the Bonnies
on a given day. Just hope they can play their best the rest of the way . These last two games I think they at about their ceiling which was all
you can ask of the players.
I agree with this analysis - if they had played like they have the last 2 games the entire A10 slate they would find themselves closer to the top of the league. No matter what this team needed the A10 tourney to get a bid this year so keep building on these games for then and hope to avoid Dayton early.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
Box Score Says 4,714. Not even close.

I found myself thinking the number of people was about equal to the 1,252 that was present Sunday for the URI WBB vs Fordham.

100 level sections were much more populated Sunday than tonight.

Smallest crowd I can remember in a long time, maybe back to the Snow Day St Bonaventure game under Baron when about 200 people made it.

Valentine's Day
9pm game
Very Cold Outside
Played Davidson on Saturday so not long since last game
People went to WBB Game Sunday and many plan to go Wednesday as well

Number of People in seats shockingly small at 8:50pm - just 10 minutes before game time

Despite the small crowd both teams played very hard.
Maybe this team doesn’t need to lose down the stretch - it almost seems like the writing is on the wall now.

I think the fanbase was silently getting off the cox train for the last year but the soft schedule and losing streak brought those feelings to the front.

Booing the coach (I mean…just don’t go), and now literally no one in the stands. There’s no way there was 2000 in the building last night.

But the coach’s salary is predicated on guarantees that are taken from ticket sales. Last year no fans, and now this year? I don’t know how they could let this go on financially.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Not surprised at all about the outcome.
As I posted earlier, I wasn't very confident about this game, and it would have taken a huge effort from us to win.
Camara once again came up big for them leading all scorers.

They won with only shooting 33% FG but almost 46% 3PT (11-24).
We weren't much better at 38% but only 4-12 from 3PT.

In the last 3 years we are now 1-5 against Dayton.

Grant has done a great job recruiting and developing this team as the season went along.
They should continue be a force in the A10 this season and going forward.

Bottom line, the better team won last night deservedly so.
Last edited by Jersey77 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
Odd odd post here man.
Clearly you didn't read what I've been debating with
Ramster on here about recruiting.... I'm being sarcastic...
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

giovanni wrote: 2 years ago "Kids read this board" is a weird defense for program or coach.Yes some kids may check in on a message board but not as many as you may think. There are message boards for every team and very rare you see positive comments unless you're in the top five in the country. Social media is obviously powerful, but don't believe the majority of kids read some message board and take it to heart. Not to mention if you read some nameless poster say something negative about you and that hurts you , Good luck I don't want you on my team
10000%
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago Not surprised at all about the outcome.
As I posted earlier, I wasn't very confident about this game, and it would have taken a huge effort from us to win.

They won only shooting 33% FG but almost 46% 3PT (11-24).

Grant has done a great job recruiting and developing this team as the season went along.

Anyone notice this year that it’s ALWAYS a stretch-4 that kills us?

Anyone think it’s not on the coach?

You can’t play 2 centers in today’s game of basketball. Every team has an athletic, fast, good shooting forward on the floor.

We play 2 1990’s style bigs at the same time. Slow rim protectors. Makhi can’t keep up with guys like Camara. Doesn’t matter what D you play, any team that can pass will create an opening and wait for one of the Mitchell’s to get stuck.

All year it’s been a stretch 4 that kills us - and no adjustment.

Imagine not being able to say to a recruits mom “hey, by playing both kids at the same time im making them both look bad, we need to change it up.”

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
Odd odd post here man.
Debates over for me. You win.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago Not surprised at all about the outcome.

They won only shooting 33% FG but almost 46% 3PT (11-24).

Anyone notice this year that it’s ALWAYS a stretch-4 that kills us?

Anyone think it’s not on the coach?

You can’t play 2 centers in today’s game of basketball. Every team has an athletic, fast, good shooting forward on the floor.

We play 2 1990’s style bigs at the same time. Slow rim protectors. Makhi can’t keep up with guys like Camara. Doesn’t matter what D you play, any team that can pass will create an opening and wait for one of the Mitchell’s to get stuck.

All year it’s been a stretch 4 that kills us - and no adjustment.

Imagine not being able to say to a recruits mom “hey, by playing both kids at the same time im making them both look bad, we need to change it up.”
It’s almost like some of us saw this 6 months ago when certain fans were clamoring for us to play two centers at the same time. Here’s what u get: no spacing on offense and two guys that basically are most comfortable in the same spots on the floor and then issues on D covering stretch 4s that spend most of the time on the perimeter. I didn’t stay in a holiday inn express last night but I did call this scenario playing out like this before the season started.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Odd odd post here man.
Multiple people have said we are hurting recruiting because our message board is negative. I do not see it this way. I think this is D1 college basketball, and winning matters. Many programs have message boards that can get negative when things go wrong. Better teams than ours still have negative posters.

I didn't think we played remotely close to how we played against Davidson. Dayton got hot for a small window, but they were an average A10 team for most of the game. Both times we played them, it was a hideous game. Playing the twins together yet again lost this game for us...We should have split with them.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Odd odd post here man.
Nice! I knew watching the Great Debaters again recently would help me out.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No idea what you are talking about. It’s over.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

No idea what you are talking about. It's over.
The Great Debaters is a movie that teaches students how to improve their debating skills. You said the debate is over, and I win.... So I'm saying watching that movie improved my debating. It's a joke.

I figured you and NYG are always one step ahead of us with all your jokes. So you would pick up on that one..

Man, I didn't realize I would need to explain all my posts today.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No idea what you are talking about. It's over.
The Great Debaters is a movie that teaches students how to improve their debating skills. You said the debate is over, and I win.... So I'm saying watching that movie improved my debating. It's a joke.

I figured you and NYG are always one step ahead of us with all your jokes. So you would pick up on that one..

Man, I didn't realize I would need to explain all my posts today.
Glad you watched it.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago
…….yes, and like a wake…….
What did they announce the crowd as? 5800?