1/16 | George Mason | 2:00PM (NBCSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: 1/16 | George Mason | 2:00PM (NBCSN)

Unread post by adam914 »

I'll never understand how people struggle with the concept that fans are happy when you win and not happy when you lose. This isn't new and it isn't unique to URI.
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

Falcon wrote: 3 years ago For your edification " Put your money where your mouth is " basically means . If you can only afford to donate 5 cents to support URI basketball or if you can afford to donate $ 100,000. and DON'T , THEN SHUT THE F___ UP because you are part of the problem not the solution. !!!! GO FATTS AND GO RHODY
I have an issue with type of thinking. So, a fan who struggles economically and doesn't donate their disposable 5 cents (shout out to the Cigar) can't comment on the team ever? This is so tone deaf especially in these times.

I attended URI, have donated in the past, but what is the statute of limitations on a donation in order to comment, 1 month, 1 year? And how much is enough to satisfy your requirements? A % of my net annual income?

And even if fans can donate all their money, it still may not be part of the solution. That money isn't a guarantee for success.

I think every fan has a right comment on their team of choice, alumni or non-alumni, bigger donor, little donor or non-donor.

To say non-donors are part of the problem is ridiculous, will a $100 donation magically cause the turnovers to go away?

Fans should be able to donate to whatever causes they choose and shouldn't have to be called out by "real" fans who think donating to URI athletics gives them special rights.
'No Mercy.'
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Sweep The Leg wrote: 3 years ago
Falcon wrote: 3 years ago For your edification " Put your money where your mouth is " basically means . If you can only afford to donate 5 cents to support URI basketball or if you can afford to donate $ 100,000. and DON'T , THEN SHUT THE F___ UP because you are part of the problem not the solution. !!!! GO FATTS AND GO RHODY
I have an issue with type of thinking. So, a fan who struggles economically and doesn't donate their disposable 5 cents (shout out to the Cigar) can't comment on the team ever? This is so tone deaf especially in these times.

I attended URI, have donated in the past, but what is the statute of limitations on a donation in order to comment, 1 month, 1 year? And how much is enough to satisfy your requirements? A % of my net annual income?

And even if fans can donate all their money, it still may not be part of the solution. That money isn't a guarantee for success.

I think every fan has a right comment on their team of choice, alumni or non-alumni, bigger donor, little donor or non-donor.

To say non-donors are part of the problem is ridiculous, will a $100 donation magically cause the turnovers to go away?

Fans should be able to donate to whatever causes they choose and shouldn't have to be called out by "real" fans who think donating to URI athletics gives them special rights.
They do have some special rights in regards to seat location and maybe parking and maybe the largest donors have a bit more influence on decisions. I try to temper my commentary on the fact that these are young men and not professional athletes. I do wish for my favorite players to get more playing time and accolades but will not make degrading comments about our student athletes. I hope the coaching staff addresses some of the areas where skills and decision making need to be improved. Cox needs to turn some of the very good athletes into very good basketball players.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Many people here are season tix holders.