3/11 | Davidson Wildcats | 1PM (CBS) (A10 Final)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: 3/11 | Davidson Wildcats | 1PM (CBS) (A10 Final)

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyRam86 wrote:
hrstrat57 wrote:
ram1980 wrote:Disappointing ending.. We just are not great on out of bounds plays... Would have liked to seen berry in on that possession and the ball in dowtins hands.. He drives and gets a better shot or dishes to an open man that's why he's our point guard.. If u said we were going to hold Davidson to 58 points would have thought double digit win.. Jt and Stan need to play better offensively.. Here's hoping
See my signature for the play we shoulda run.....

:)

maybe not in this game, but we've gotten several layups on out of bounds plays this year,
including a huge one yesterday (Stan off the pick from EC)
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Ec makes that shot often. It's one of the shots he has made consistently for a long time. I wish he pulled it.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Dowtn missing that layup was brutal cuz hes usually pretty automatic on that. So many little things just didnt go their way.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

When you lose a 1 point game, there are always quite a few "what ifs"........one thing changes, and we win....

The last 2 games against Davidson, there were a LOT of those.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

We didn't do great on ball screens. Their game is constant weaving and rolling and dishing to the open three.
GO RAMS
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Just got back from the tournament. Great weekend of basketball. THE highlight were the fans. We sometimes talk about how some of the major schools “travel well”You can add our school to the list. Enthusiastic and loud we dominated the last two games and held our own in the first. There is nothing like walking down the streets of Washington and hearing people whistling the fight song dressed in keaney blue. Kudos to all who made the trip. This retired history teacher will be in Pittsburgh on thursday
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Rhodymob05 wrote:We didn't do great on ball screens. Their game is constant weaving and rolling and dishing to the open three.
One time the Davidson players on the block sorta locked arms and screened each others guy. It was weird like they locked arms and spun around twice with two screens. Dizzying. then they drained the shot.

If you can master that then more power to you.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Does anyone have the link to the post game press conference?
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyRam86 wrote:Does anyone have the link to the post game press conference?
Ramulous
Sly Williams

Unread post by Ramulous »

It would have felt good to win the game and the second consecutive A10 tourney title......I much more appreciate the regular season trophy....sustained excellence over a greater period of time.

We were a 7 if we won that game or if we lost that game.....if we won the A10 gets only two teams into the big tournament....we lose we stay a 7 and get another team in it.....more money for the conference down the road.....

So I wasn't shattered......really wanted to beat St Joes....we did in dramatic fashion....made the weekend in DC a smashing success for me.....

BTW the dude who sang the national anthem at the Davidson game was named DC Washington....for real....in school he was listed last name first, first name last as Washington, DC....
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:Does anyone have the link to the post game press conference?

thanks 208! McKillop is a class act. Players are likeable too. No presser from RI?
Last edited by RhodyRam86 6 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

McKillop is a very coach. Davidson is very fortunate to have had him for this long. He is one of the lowest paid coaches in the league. He however has never been about chasing the mega bucks at the next big gig. He seems to be happy and content where he is at. This is sadly becoming a rarity in college coaching these days.
Ramulous
Sly Williams

Unread post by Ramulous »

He and Dan had a long chat before the game tipped off as they coaches exchanged pleasantries.....maybe they are kindred spirits in that regard....
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !