Game #6: Auburn University

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: Game #6: Auburn University

Unread post by ace »

38 against George Mason in an OT game (just 1)

I'm still catching up on my history here, but I had no idea they were 1-11 even before Wilson's suspension.
RamDownSouth
Jim Eitner

Unread post by RamDownSouth »

We attended the game at Auburn yesterday. Another poster gave a good synopsis above. My take away: 1) This is a much improved team than what we saw last year in Atlanta against Ga State. These guys were focused, fought hard, and were aggressive defensively most all game. 2) Loved to see the support and enthusiasm from the bench. I don't care if it was a big shot, steal, whatever - the bench was up clapping, fired up - great to see that 3) Coaching - Coach Hurley was literally on the court the whole game, coaching these guys on every play, stomping his foot, etc. The whole coaching staff represented well, and looked very together.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

True, Jamal Wilson scored 38 at George Mason (Nov. 11, 2011).
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

RhodeIslandRams wrote:http://www.livestream.com/urirams/video ... 6228542381

Video Courtesy Auburn University
I like watching Hurley in that video. Already thinking about OT the second it went through the hoop. Jerry D would have been asking who's ball it was...that's a true story btw...and one of my favs.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

ATPTourFan wrote:True, Jamal Wilson scored 38 at George Mason (Nov. 11, 2011).
Did the URI Athletic site expunge Jamal's stats from the record? I know they did with Holton - didn't know Jamal got the same treatment. That's BS if true.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

No, smarty, I misread the gamenotes where those historical performances were listed.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

15 Year Lurker wrote:
RhodeIslandRams wrote:http://www.livestream.com/urirams/video ... 6228542381

Video Courtesy Auburn University
I like watching Hurley in that video. Already thinking about OT the second it went through the hoop. Jerry D would have been asking who's ball it was...that's a true story btw...and one of my favs.
I love watching all the coaches. Everyone else going ape shit crazy, Hurley just ready to coach and set up the next play. You need a guy like that.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL