'14 MA SG Jared Terrell (URI Commit)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Keaney.Blue
Lamar Odom

Re: '14 MA SG Jared Terrell (Offer)

Unread post by Keaney.Blue »

There's just so much whining and speculation in this thread from people that know nothing about what really goes on in the recruiting process. Let the damn thing play out and the kid decide where he wants to go to school! I'm chuckling in my office at some of the responses here.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

GBG, it's the blanket defense of the staus quo. Everything is beautiful!
Blue skies! Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!
Yeah, KB, we're all fucking idiots, who know shit, right?
Well, sorry to break your smugness, but I've seen more players come and go from URI that
you'll ever know.
Factors have changed since that weekend when EC and Hassan committed.
As for Terrell, that "close to home" thing was bullshit.
The giveaway was when Boswell said, "It wasn't a good fit" at OSU.
Meaning, JT couldn't be the star and was over recruited.
Anyone doubt he'll wind up at Pitt?
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Keaney.Blue wrote:There's just so much whining and speculation in this thread from people that know nothing about what really goes on in the recruiting process. Let the damn thing play out and the kid decide where he wants to go to school! I'm chuckling in my office at some of the responses here.
Not making any accusations here, certainly not against Pitt at this moment, it's the dirty stuff that goes on in the recruiting process that I hate. I still think to this day that OK. St. played dirty, and we can't compete with that. I want Jared to go where he wants to go. I've been told he really likes URI and wants to come here. If something changes, I'm suspicious once again.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

rodfromcranston wrote:GBG, it's the blanket defense of the staus quo. Everything is beautiful!
Blue skies! Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!
Yeah, KB, we're all fucking idiots, who know shit, right?
Well, sorry to break your smugness, but I've seen more players come and go from URI that
you'll ever know.
Factors have changed since that weekend when EC and Hassan committed.
As for Terrell, that "close to home" thing was bullshit.
The giveaway was when Boswell said, "It wasn't a good fit" at OSU.
Meaning, JT couldn't be the star and was over recruited.
Anyone doubt he'll wind up at Pitt?
"In Hurley I trust, until I don't, until the next week when I might again." Also, your turn to unite with GBG on issues now is the most shocking since Hogan dropped the leg at the Bash at the Beach! I feel like I've accidentally stumbled upon Bizarro Keaney Blue.
Eagle78
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Eagle78 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Well folks, hate to say I told you so, but I had a gut feeling that
a BCS school would swoop in at the end, and we'd be left holding the bag again.
This kid thinks he's too good for URI and the A-10.
His actions twice show that. Time to stop kissing his ass and those around him.
Watch him transfer from wherever he goes in another year.
On to the next one up.
Anyone who dismisses Bobby and Preston as not significant losses, is using the ostrich approach.
FWIW, I am not sure URI fans - or BC fans - should wring their hands over where things stand. I follow BC recruiting closely - especially FB - and I have seen this rodeo many times before! These are 18 year-old kids and the way they arrive at their decisions are, understandably, not the way adults usually do. I accept that as a given. If he were to go to BC...wonderful! If he doesn't, I hope he goes to you guys. (I really like the fans who post here - a great bunch of folks who are passionate about their school and gracious to visitors (unfortunately, a rare thing on these boards). In any event, BC basketball, as well as URI basketball, will survive and thrive irrespective of where JT ultimately decides to go.

URI BB has a lot going for it. Great coach, great facilities, a solid core of returning talent. If JT decides to go elsewhere, Hurley will just bring in another great talent.

Ditto for BC. I would, however, just like to respond to the poster above who described BC basketball as "sucking forever". That just isn't true. Certainly since the last coaching change; but if you look at the last 15 years, it has actually been very good:

BE W-L
99-00: 11-19
00-01: 28-5 (BE Champ. / 2nd round NAA)
01-02: 20-12 (1st Round NCAA)
02-03: 19-12 (2nd Round NIT)
03-04: 24-10 (3rd Round NCAA)
04-05: 25-5 (2nd Round NCAA)
ACC
05-06: 28-8 (3rd Round NCAA)
06-07: 21-12 (2nd Round NCAA)
07-08: 14-17
08-09: 23-12 (1st Round NCAA)
09-10: 15-15
10-11: 21-12 (2nd Round NIT)
11-12: 9-22
12-13: 16-17
13-14: 8-24
Last edited by Eagle78 10 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Hey Greenwell! SHOVE IT!
Also try reading my posts. I've said if this kid didn't come here,
it was through no fault of Dan Hurley.
PERIOD!
Last edited by rodfromcranston 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

wow some rational thought introduced into the thread, no wonder you went to BC! i mean this in all seriousness, was nice not to read an emotional roller coaster rant.

this place is truly a shrinks playground
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

[quote="Eagle78I would, however, just like to respond to the poster above who described BC basketball as "sucking forever". That just isn't true. Certainly since the last coaching change, but if you look at the last 15 years, it has actually been very good:

BE W-L
99-00: 11-19
00-01: 28-5 (BE Champ. / 2nd round NCAA)
01-02: 20-12 (1st Round NCAA)
02-03: 19-12 (2nd Round NIT)
03-04: 24-10 (3rd Round NCAA)
04-05: 25-5 (2nd Round NCAA)
ACC
05-06: 28-8 (3rd Round NCAA)
06-07: 21-12 (2nd Round NCAA)
07-08: 14-17
08-09: 23-12 (1st Round NCAA)
09-10: 15-15
10-11: 21-12 (2nd Round NIT)
11-12: 9-22
12-13: 16-17
13-14: 8-24[/quote]

I would take your last 15 years over ours in a hearbeat. We have ZERO NCAA appearances, five NIT's, and one CBI.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Blue Man, it isn't just URI. I defy you to go find me a team from a non-major conference coming off multiple years of averaging single-digit wins that turned their program around instantaneously by recruiting only elite players and landing all of their recruiting targets. You can go do the research and get back to me, or you can take my word for it that it hasn't happened. The way you build a program is incrementally by adding solid pieces and finding undervalued players and implementing a system that works. Bitching and moaning and acting like a hysterical five year old because an elite player you are recruiting got an offer from a high major school is as pointless as it embarrassing.

You believe your expectations are higher for the program because you are more willing to act like an imbecile about it, but in the long term we want to get to the same place. Where we differ is our approach, and therefore our short term expectations. This isn't a movie - you don't succeed by wanting it really, really bad and taking no prisoners and kicking doors down. You succeed by having a sober approach and a workable plan and executing it. Rebuilding a program that was in the shape we were in two springs ago is a long game.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Deja vu. This is the exact same whining we got before Garrett signed. He won't sign with us. He only wants to play for a BCS school. He's just stringing us along. Hurley can't bring in any talent. Stop being nancies. He hasn't signed at Pitt or BC. Writing is on the wall? Bull, you have no clue, because no one does. There is no writing on the wall right now. If I was Terrell I wouldn't want to play here, we sound like petulant little children.
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Deja vu. This is the exact same whining we got before Garrett signed. He won't sign with us. He only wants to play for a BCS school. He's just stringing us along. Hurley can't bring in any talent. Stop being nancies. He hasn't signed at Pitt or BC. Writing is on the wall? Bull, you have no clue, because no one does. There is no writing on the wall right now. If I was Terrell I wouldn't want to play here, we sound like petulant little children.
The deja vu I'm seeing brings me back to the first week of September of 2013.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

agreed RF1, any RI'er who shits on BC needs serious help with perspective. its an elite academic institution in a Top 5 city with a beautiful campus and many successful sports programs. not sure us URI fans have the right to crap on any school, fan base, program....we have our own problems. it just sounds like plain ignorance or sour grapes for the folks that crap on conte or the fans or the like. let's see, we get 3K at games in kingston rhode island where the other alternative is rock n bowl, and we are crapping on BC for not drawing well in a city where they are competing with about 100 other high quality activities on any given night. gimme a break.
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

SGreenwell wrote:Also, your turn to unite with GBG on issues now is the most shocking since Hogan dropped the leg at the Bash at the Beach! I feel like I've accidentally stumbled upon Bizarro Keaney Blue.
I prefer to think of it like when the brother-in-law in "Field of Dreams" sees the baseball players for the first time.
Ram Stampede!!!
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Ram Stampede!!! »

I think we are being too hasty. Let's see what it results in:

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 40s

@THeeD4NT3 @jcshurburtt yep. Writing up a bolt. Still liking Rhode Island at this moment. but....?
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Gonebarongone wrote:
SGreenwell wrote:Also, your turn to unite with GBG on issues now is the most shocking since Hogan dropped the leg at the Bash at the Beach! I feel like I've accidentally stumbled upon Bizarro Keaney Blue.
I prefer to think of it like when the brother-in-law in "Field of Dreams" sees the baseball players for the first time.
lol
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

bigappleram wrote:agreed RF1, any RI'er who shits on BC needs serious help with perspective. its an elite academic institution in a Top 5 city with a beautiful campus and many successful sports programs. not sure us URI fans have the right to crap on any school, fan base, program....we have our own problems. it just sounds like plain ignorance or sour grapes for the folks that crap on conte or the fans or the like. let's see, we get 3K at games in kingston rhode island where the other alternative is rock n bowl, and we are crapping on BC for not drawing well in a city where they are competing with about 100 other high quality activities on any given night. gimme a break.
Anyone who can't laugh at a joke that compares any school to a skank with herpes has a stick up their b hole.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
BPR2010
ARD

Unread post by BPR2010 »

TP, a team did it over the past 2 years. We played them each year actually. Does Larry Brown ring a bell? SMU was NEVER a basketball school. Ever. In 2013, they recruited Kevin Frazier, an ESPN Top 100 SG, and 4 star recruit. In this upcoming recruiting class, he has the 5th ranked recruit IN THE NATION coming into SMU in Emmanuel Mudiay. Yeah, they should've made the tournament this past year as well (got robbed), but still made it to the finals of the NIT only to lose by 2 points to Pitino Jr. If that's not bringing in power recruits, I don't know what is? He got Mudiay to commit there over Kansas, Baylor, and Kentucky. That's a turnaround in 2 years TP, from a program that never had prominence in the basketball world. Brown took a pretty bare cupboard and turned it around. Now, I think he's a damn good coach, his track record speaks for itself, but talent does play a HUGE factor in why they became successful.
Ram Stampede!!!
Jimmy Baron

Looks like 247 updated. Has Pitt's interest level listed as "Cool" the same level as Providence (WHO ISNT EVEN RECRUITING HIM).
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

What? Looking for Meyers as some beacon of knowledge? Please.
Billboy has shown us how he can change his pick on a conversation with a fan,
who he doesn't even know.
As for BC, I haven't knocked them, their campus or anything else.
If anything is suspect, it's their current roster. So what?
BAR is right. We have no standing to knock any other school's fanbase or program.

Oh, and TP, there was a school given tthe death penalty, a school with no winning basketball
tradition at all, whose coach was hired with four scholarship players remaining,
in a conference with perennial top 20 schools.
Check out with Scott Drew did with Baylor in shitty Waco, Texas, and tell me it
can't be done here.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Blue Man wrote:
bigappleram wrote:agreed RF1, any RI'er who shits on BC needs serious help with perspective. its an elite academic institution in a Top 5 city with a beautiful campus and many successful sports programs. not sure us URI fans have the right to crap on any school, fan base, program....we have our own problems. it just sounds like plain ignorance or sour grapes for the folks that crap on conte or the fans or the like. let's see, we get 3K at games in kingston rhode island where the other alternative is rock n bowl, and we are crapping on BC for not drawing well in a city where they are competing with about 100 other high quality activities on any given night. gimme a break.
Anyone who can't laugh at a joke that compares any school to a skank with herpes has a stick up their b hole.
wasnt really talking about you dude....but if the shoe fits keep on ranting like a schoolgirl about how doomed we are. you also seem to know a helluva lot about herpes.
Andrew
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Andrew »

BPR2010 wrote:TP, a team did it over the past 2 years. We played them each year actually. Does Larry Brown ring a bell? SMU was NEVER a basketball school. Ever. In 2013, they recruited Kevin Frazier, an ESPN Top 100 SG, and 4 star recruit. In this upcoming recruiting class, he has the 5th ranked recruit IN THE NATION coming into SMU in Emmanuel Mudiay. Yeah, they should've made the tournament this past year as well (got robbed), but still made it to the finals of the NIT only to lose by 2 points to Pitino Jr. If that's not bringing in power recruits, I don't know what is? He got Mudiay to commit there over Kansas, Baylor, and Kentucky. That's a turnaround in 2 years TP, from a program that never had prominence in the basketball world. Brown took a pretty bare cupboard and turned it around. Now, I think he's a damn good coach, his track record speaks for itself, but talent does play a HUGE factor in why they became successful.
Comparing Larry Brown and Dan Hurley is ludicrous.

If JT comes here, it'll be great. If not, oh well. We're still improving, just at a slower rate than we initially expected. I don't think we should cut losses because he's taking his time to decide. I also think we're still in the lead, based on our advantages to BC and Pitt.
Go Rhody!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

BPR2010 wrote:TP, a team did it over the past 2 years. We played them each year actually. Does Larry Brown ring a bell? SMU was NEVER a basketball school. Ever. In 2013, they recruited Kevin Frazier, an ESPN Top 100 SG, and 4 star recruit. In this upcoming recruiting class, he has the 5th ranked recruit IN THE NATION coming into SMU in Emmanuel Mudiay. Yeah, they should've made the tournament this past year as well (got robbed), but still made it to the finals of the NIT only to lose by 2 points to Pitino Jr. If that's not bringing in power recruits, I don't know what is? He got Mudiay to commit there over Kansas, Baylor, and Kentucky. That's a turnaround in 2 years TP, from a program that never had prominence in the basketball world. Brown took a pretty bare cupboard and turned it around. Now, I think he's a damn good coach, his track record speaks for itself, but talent does play a HUGE factor in why they became successful.
comparing Larry Brown to Dan Hurley? we had and would have had more quick recruiting successes like that if Harrick stuck around, a national championship coach. but that is an anomaly.
not fair to even put DH and Larry Brown in the same sentence at this point. if you have an apples to apples comparison swing away, but that's not it. he's a HOF coach, with NBA and NCAA titles and 50 years in the business.
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Blue Man wrote:
Ah, women as objects………
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8hXx3opbp0

A BRESSLER PRODUCTION
BPR2010
ARD

Unread post by BPR2010 »

I was responding to TP's declaration of, if you know of a non-major school with a losing history turn it around with the snap of two fingers, please tell me. Or take my word for it that it never happened.

I'm not dumb guys, they aren't comparable. Responding to one point, that's all. It's been done.

Larry Brown is a HOF coach in 2 levels of basketball, Hurley will never get there. Scott Drew's transformation of Baylor is a much better comparison.

Also, Pitt's rivals.com insider just tweeted out that Terrell will likely stay closer to home, and not go to Pitt for what it's worth.

Don't jump off the ledge yet!
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote:
Blue Man wrote:
wasnt really talking about you dude....but if the shoe fits keep on ranting like a schoolgirl about how doomed we are. you also seem to know a helluva lot about herpes.
i wasn't really talking about you, but about anyone taking a personification-based herpes quip as a level headed comparison of 2 schools.

yes i will keep ranting like a schoolgirl about how doomed we are, if a lifetime of being a URI fan has taught me anything - we will be let down 9 times out of 10. i'll happily eat my own words if terrell comes here. this just seems to be another bullet on the list of times when we come up short.

as for knowing a helluva lot about herpes, anyone who's been to bonvue on a thursday knows a helluva lot about herpes - there's usually a live health class STD demonstration downstairs.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

As with all things, time will tell.
We'll see, if he chooses BC or us, then it
was because "closer to home" was a reality.
Anything else points to, "it wasn't a good fit".
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

most all of us have been lifetime fans of URI....not sure why you copy/pasted my comment if you weren't talking about me. notice i didnt do that to your quote, since i wasn't talking about you at all. there has been a ton of comments about how shitty BC is, their fan base, etc. and that is what i was addressing.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Baylor isn't in a major conference? And putting aside the fact that Larry Brown could have started a program from scratch and gotten a couple guys to play for him, he hasn't made the NCAA tournament and has missed on plenty of guys. So even as an exception that proves the rule, he hasn't exactly shown that is the way to go. I was thinking more about non-major conference programs that have started a run of prolonged and sustained success by targeting elite guys early in their rebuild. I will not accept SMU as an answer at this point.
Ram Stampede!!!
Jimmy Baron

BPR2010 wrote:I was responding to TP's declaration of, if you know of a non-major school with a losing history turn it around with the snap of two fingers, please tell me. Or take my word for it that it never happened.

I'm not dumb guys, they aren't comparable. Responding to one point, that's all. It's been done.

Larry Brown is a HOF coach in 2 levels of basketball, Hurley will never get there. Scott Drew's transformation of Baylor is a much better comparison.

Also, Pitt's rivals.com insider just tweeted out that Terrell will likely stay closer to home, and not go to Pitt for what it's worth.

Don't jump off the ledge yet!
+5 the show goes on
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

bressler3south wrote:Jared Trrell's announcement will come out of Keaney Blue -- BOOM!!!!!!!!!!! And that will be that…...
Don't lose faith, folks. Basketball works in mysterious ways.
With assistance from Billyboy.
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote:most all of us have been lifetime fans of URI....not sure why you copy/pasted my comment if you weren't talking about me. notice i didnt do that to your quote, since i wasn't talking about you at all. there has been a ton of comments about how shitty BC is, their fan base, etc. and that is what i was addressing.
yours was the last lol, i figured that was enough to include the BC guys and everyone else as well. I can't work and comment and dig through pages of comments for a reference at the same time

Give to Rhody's NIL
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Oh, sorry Drew had 7 scholarship players.
I don't give a damn if they play in the Big 12, they hadn't won a tournament game since 1950!
"The 2005 Bears were hindered by only having 7 scholarship players and recorded only one win in conference play. In spite of these challenges, head coach Scott Drew was able to put together a 2005 signing class ranked No. 7 nationally by HoopScoop.
The basketball program experienced a resurgence under coach Scott Drew with an NCAA Tournament appearance in 2008 for the first time in 20 years with a 9-7 conference record and the team's first national ranking in 39 years. The January 23, 2008 116-110 5OT win over Texas A&M at College Station officially became the longest game in Big 12 history. The 2008–09 team again was ranked early in the season but stumbled to a 5-11 conference finish before heating up in the Big 12 Tournament defeating both Kansas and Texas in route to the championship game versus Missouri, and lost by a score of 73-60. The 2008-2009 team won the program's first postseason victory since 1950 in its first round NIT victory over the Georgetown Hoyas in Waco."
BPR2010
ARD

Unread post by BPR2010 »

Wow, TP. I'm done with this. Not that I need your acceptance to validate my point. If you don't look at Larry Brown's 2 years at SMU, and associate the words "successful rebuild" with it, I question your knowledge as a fan. I guess getting the 5th best recruit in the entire 2014 class to go to SMU over annual national title contenders doesn't count. Makes sense.

Remember, our first year with Hurley, the rag-tag bunch of players we had, absolutely smoked his team in the Ryan Center. I think back to that game, and how bad we were, to now. There's no comparison who the better program is at this point. Mainly because Brown is a legend and players would die to play for him, but nonetheless, he's made it work. You're delusional if you don't think what he's done counts as "success". Sure beats the hell out of anything we've done in the past 15 years.
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

URI_IEP wrote:
This reminds me of a song...

FREAK OUT!
Congrats to IEP for flawlessly forecasting what would happen on this board today!
Ram Stampede!!!
Jimmy Baron

Almost page 60! He when all is said and done and JT signs with the good guys...this thread should be dubbed "the legend of Jared Terrell"
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Rod, BPR, you guys are both missing my point. You don't need to explain to me that Scott Drew has done a good job at Baylor or that Larry Brown can recruit. Those are neither things I'm disputing or relevant to URI. Baylor is a major conference team and has resources URI doesn't. SMU hired a hall of fame coach. I don't know that either of those are useful as models for URI. Mid-major type programs that have sustained success over a period of time (which is what I want, personally) have done it by building incrementally.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Yeah oh well.......
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

So, Mr. Wonderful, please explain to we, the great unwashed,
if Baylor had all these massive resources, why did they
suck ass since 1950?
(Can't wait for this answer)
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ram Stampede!!! wrote:Almost page 60! He when all is said and done and JT signs with the good guys...this thread should be dubbed "the legend of Jared Terrell"
Unless he decides to change again - that would be good for another 30 pages at least putting it at 90 - then what about the magical 100 pages?
Does anyone know the longest thread in the history of keanyblue? How about with the old Projo?
Special awards should go to the top 3 posters in this thread - and an extra special award to whoever goes back through the thread to count them up :lol: :lol:
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

"A child's ignorance of reality is understandable and excusable; an adult URI fan's is a classic case of insanity."

From Keaney Blue: Memoirs of an Insane Message Board
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Wow, stepped away from the board for a few hours and we're back to all this again. Fun!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote:Wow, stepped away from the board for a few hours and we're back to all this again. Fun!
:lol: Can you identify the point at which it stopped??
I have actually gotten some good laughs the past hour or two catching up especially ATP's "I can vouch for that" regarding the security guards at Taylor Swift's house. I know it's a different category but it was hilarious.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

FWIW ... from someone who covers Pitt recruiting:

Slava Ukraini!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody74 wrote:FWIW ... from someone who covers Pitt recruiting:

This guy knows as much as we know about what's going on with this recruitment.....nothing.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rodfromcranston wrote:So, Mr. Wonderful, please explain to we, the great unwashed,
if Baylor had all these massive resources, why did they
suck ass since 1950?
(Can't wait for this answer)
Rod, what is your point? I have absolutely no idea what it has to do with my point. Why are we talking about freaking Baylor?
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Damn, I wish JT would make up his mind already. We're all getting testy .....
Slava Ukraini!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

:P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
URI_IEP
Lamar Odom

Unread post by URI_IEP »

sf2010 wrote:
URI_IEP wrote:
This reminds me of a song...

FREAK OUT!
Congrats to IEP for flawlessly forecasting what would happen on this board today!
Predicting this board's reaction to that news was like predicting sun in San Diego :D
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

In my lifetime there have been 3 teams I consider to be special in URI history, '78, '88 and '98. What do all those teams have in common? They were all teams that were becoming very good teams, and then all added a great player. Sly Williams was added to a team that was becoming very good with Jiggy Williamson and Stanley Wright. Kenny Green was added to a team that was becoming very good with Silk Owens and Tommy Garrett and John Evans. Lamar Odom was added to a team that was becoming very good with Antonio Reynolds-Dean, Tyson Wheeler and Cuttino Mobley. To me, this what this recruitment means, to possibly have a special moment with a special team in a couple of years. I believe we are on the verge of becoming a very good team with EC and Hassan. What do we need to do to get it to the next level? Get a Sly, a Green, an Odom. You could argue that getting a couple of those guys were unusual circumstances. Well, so is Terrell. Could Terrell be that guy? I think he could. That's why I think this is so huge. I will not say "Oh well". I want another special moment, another special team. Chances like these don't happen often, 3 teams in my 40 years or so as a fan. That's why I want this so badly. It is so close. We need this to happen!!!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

So we're NOT talking about pizza anymore???????