Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Re: Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago
rhodysurf wrote: 2 years ago
RoadyJay wrote: 2 years ago

You can’t go about your daily life if shit is constantly getting canceled, revised, interrupted.

Say what you wrote to these athletes, the coaches, their families…

Tell it to my son who’s high school experience (sports, academics, and socially) has been shit all over

We are headed backwards with restrictions and not forwards if you haven’t noticed.

Most of the entire country has/is taking appropriate precautions. What more do you want?

Great, pass out free tests, just stop canceling and reverting back closer to lockdowns.
Serious question, I dont get what the outrage is over... everything is open again and like 95 percent of shit is back to normal, Maybe you have to wear a mask but you can still do all of the same shit.
You haven't seen any cancelations recently of sporting events / other events nationwide? Your favorite basketball team just had their game canceled yesterday. You haven't seen some states reverting back to prior mandates? I'm sure more restrictions are on the way
Narragansett just canceled all bball through 12/31. Wearing a mask can't change that now.

I feel terrible for these kids who have had to deal with all of this. Eating at the same lunch table every day (you're not assigned to sit with your friends), etc., etc. The school system here is testing kids once a week, fishing for asymptomatic cases. Kids are being quarantined inside for up to 2 weeks (fully vaccinated).

My eldest niece is in Kindergarten. What bothers me is that these kids are hardly getting covid as it is, they're vaccinated, they're masked. There's a lot of psychological stuff in here that the news really isn't talking to you about. Some kids aren't very verbal and communicate via facial expressions. The list goes on. Where does it stop? Gov't was given an inch, they've taken a mile.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Also hearing rumors that SLU is about to go on pause due to multiple positives.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Ram1019 wrote: 2 years ago Agree with PCFriars. Lots of great points on both sides. To me, increased mandates make sense mainly when the hospital systems reach capacity (as of December 7th, 6 ICU units were at capacity in Rhode Island. Currently two-thirds of COVD inpatients were not vaccinated per RI Health Dept.). My wife works in a RI hospital. When this happens, it is a complete nightmare we on the outside don't see every day. Using staff rooms and meeting rooms as haphazard converted inpatient space just to be able to care for the next person seriously ill from COVID. The issue then becomes larger than COVID itself. You and your family are injured in a serious accident or your kid is injured from a game but the hospital system is at capacity. Maybe the bigger issue is our state's ability to expand healthcare systems to accommodate more patients since this virus doesn't seem to be going anywhere. This is a complex issue for sure. I totally get the frustration. But assuming the data is truthful, I think the health and safety of our people come first before anything else. I just don't see the governor or anyone else doing this for 'control' or whatever else some are suggesting.
This is something that's annoyed me. Fine, we as a country didn't take pandemics seriously and the infrastructure and people power wasn't in place to handle things when it first happened. Sucks, but you can't go back in time to fix that now. However, we've had a year or two to ramp up for this latest outbreak, the state health department has been saying all along that there would be more waves, and yet the hospitals seem to be at capacity limits with lower levels of cases than before and getting testing results has been a nightmare. So what exactly did they do with all that time and money to get prepared? Seems to me the Department of Health has really dropped the ball over the last year and they should have to answer for these issues
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

My wife works at Charlton in the Rive. They are full too and have canceled all elective procedures. My guess, and this is only my guess is that the honchos figured folks would all get vaccinated and things would be better, but even if they planned for this burst properly, they don’t have the staff. Lots burnt out in the last wave and they lost more who wouldn’t get vaccinated.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

If the hospitals in RI are being overrun, it's not from covid. According to RI, there are 36 people in ICU due to/or have covid. That does not equate to hospitals being overrun.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago If the hospitals in RI are being overrun, it's not from covid. According to RI, there are 36 people in ICU due to/or have covid. That does not equate to hospitals being overrun.
Hospitals are being overrun. You're not fully understanding the situation. COVID ICU Patients have doubled in the past 4 weeks. ICU Capacity is about 90% now. General COVID hospitalizations and COVID cases have more than doubled over this time and there's every expectation that infections -- and by extension hospitalizations -- will increase in the next 4 weeks.

It's an oversimplification to consider only the ICU patient count, as the strain on the entire hospital and effect on non-COVID patients, like myself twice in the past 5 weeks, is very real. I had to wait 16 hours in the RI Hospital ER before getting a bed in the ER and had to lay in the hallway of the ER a week ago when I was sent back for urgent procedures and scans.

Last winter we had all these pop-up hospitals to handle the influx of patients. With hospitalizations continuing to sharply climb, the hospitals will struggle and will inefficiently treat ALL their patients. The difference may be that we don't see COVID patients dying like last winter, but they still displace all other patients who otherwise require standard or urgent care. I hope nobody you care about has a need for hospital care this winter.
Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 4.17.41 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Why is there no talk of pop up hospitals now? We had the convention center and others then shut them down. Shouldn’t we go back to that previous plan? Sounds like it’s only going to get worse.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago If the hospitals in RI are being overrun, it's not from covid. According to RI, there are 36 people in ICU due to/or have covid. That does not equate to hospitals being overrun.
Hospitals are being overrun. You're not fully understanding the situation. COVID ICU Patients have doubled in the past 4 weeks. ICU Capacity is about 90% now. General COVID hospitalizations and COVID cases have more than doubled over this time and there's every expectation that infections -- and by extension hospitalizations -- will increase in the next 4 weeks.

It's an oversimplification to consider only the ICU patient count, as the strain on the entire hospital and effect on non-COVID patients, like myself twice in the past 5 weeks, is very real. I had to wait 16 hours in the RI Hospital ER before getting a bed in the ER and had to lay in the hallway of the ER a week ago when I was sent back for urgent procedures and scans.

Last winter we had all these pop-up hospitals to handle the influx of patients. With hospitalizations continuing to sharply climb, the hospitals will struggle and will inefficiently treat ALL their patients. The difference may be that we don't see COVID patients dying like last winter, but they still displace all other patients who otherwise require standard or urgent care. I hope nobody you care about has a need for hospital care this winter.

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 4.17.41 PM.png
I'll use total hospital bed capacity then. There are 2500 hospital beds in RI. State covid site says 230 covid hospitalizations. So 9%. Doesn't sound like a covid issue. Sounds like politicians screwed up.

And I'm sorry the impact it's had on you. I was supposed to have a procedure this month and the doctor won't even take calls or answer voicemail messages.
Last edited by theblueram 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

I was asking myself why I was even attempting to reply. As you can see the count is rapidly increasing and we're already well past that 230 number.

You realize that hospitals are sized to operate with approximately 85% occupancy, as they are businesses and we don't have universal healthcare here. It's not like they would be half full without COVID. In just a month COVID hospitalizations went from 4% to almost 11% using your 2500 bed figure. With an average operational margin of just 15% occupancy, can't you understand that hospitals are nearing capacity as they are reviewing protocols for crisis standards of care?
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago I was asking myself why I was even attempting to reply. As you can see the count is rapidly increasing and we're already well past that 230 number.

You realize that hospitals are sized to operate with approximately 85% occupancy, as they are businesses and we don't have universal healthcare here. It's not like they would be half full without COVID. In just a month COVID hospitalizations went from 4% to almost 11% using your 2500 bed figure. With an average operational margin of just 15% occupancy, can't you understand that hospitals are nearing capacity as they are reviewing protocols for crisis standards of care?
Sure I can understand that. I need a procedure, but the doctor won't even return calls. Left three voicemails to schedule. Not one return call. The issue is the governor mandated vaccines which reduced staffing. So the number of beds are reduced because of staffing.

Not sure your point on universal healthcare though. What is that?
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Because they are businesses, hospitals are optimized for 85% normal occupancy. It doesn't leave much margin. If they were not for-profit, they could operate with more margin.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Because they are businesses, hospitals are optimized for 85% normal occupancy. It doesn't leave much margin. If they were not for-profit, they could operate with more margin.
I believe RI hospitals are not for profit for the most part.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Peter Ram Time U speak wisdom with the Politicalization of this type of topic.

Who do we believe,--- Fauci, who spends more time with TV interviews that working on issue or the less than candid CDC director.

"Can those in leadership answer the simple question about the O strain, is it basically harmless to everyone that is not in a high risk group???
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Does anyone know for sure what the much quoted "Covid Protocol " is for the NCAA and/or A10 protocol?
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

A large percentage of the population older than 65 are in the high risk category. Before Covid, they received high dosage flu shots. Going to the RC is out of the question. NYC restaurants require proof of vaccination for entry. Arenas and restaurants in RI should require the same.
NCAAs or Bust!
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago Because they are businesses, hospitals are optimized for 85% normal occupancy. It doesn't leave much margin. If they were not for-profit, they could operate with more margin.
I believe RI hospitals are not for profit for the most part.
That doesn’t mean they aren’t bean counting, look up the salaries they pay out, they won’t go negative
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago

do you have kids, K-12?
Yeah this is where I lose sight probably. I don’t have kids, so that is def one area that is not back to normal.
I figured.

Kids school, school bands, chorus, winter concerts, plays, sports, activities, birthday parties, holidays, summer vacations, disney lands, travel, six flags, running errands with mom and dad, seeing grandma & grandpa, cousins, aunts, uncles, cub scouts, girls scouts, karate, 4 H, I can go on.

nothing is normal. at all. you don't have kids, so respectfully you don't get a say in this matter.
Actually... everyone kinda should have a say...I certainly want a say :lol:
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rhodylaw wrote: 2 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago

I'm not sure why the gaslighting here - my overall point was all the cancelations and disruptions you mentioned *can now be avoided*. Where I disagree with you is that I believe we can protect the vulnerable AND return to normal.
We probably could...but there will never be agreement on either the route to, or what constitutes "protection+normal"...so we have that...
I don't think we can get to "protection-normal" as long as you care about infection rates in non-vulnerable populations. If a kid is positive on a rapid test now they sit out of life for 10 days. If they are anywhere near the kid that tested positive they are quarantining for 5 days until they get a clean PCR. If they are lucky, the school lets them test and stay at school but all extra-curricular activities are cancelled.

I would have liked to think that rapid tests would be helpful, take one before you leave the house each day sounds great, but I don't see it working that way. Right now, the reality is the only ones that are really taking the brunt of the precaution theater are the younger populations.
Excellent use of the word "theater"
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Why is ok to go to games in Florida and it is not a super spreader event

Is this strain a serious cause of hospitalization and death or not ? Why are there conversations about this ?
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

McRam wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago A large percentage of the population older than 65 are in the high risk category. Before Covid, they received high dosage flu shots. Going to the RC is out of the question. NYC restaurants require proof of vaccination for entry. Arenas and restaurants in RI should require the same.

RC out of question. ?? Why?
[/
I'm old and the RC is a covid sewer right now.
NCAAs or Bust!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Reports are saying that by February, there will be over 1 million cases per day of the Omicron variant in the U.S. Our healthcare system doesn't stand a chance.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

do you have kids, K-12?
Yeah this is where I lose sight probably. I don’t have kids, so that is def one area that is not back to normal.
I figured.

Kids school, school bands, chorus, winter concerts, plays, sports, activities, birthday parties, holidays, summer vacations, disney lands, travel, six flags, running errands with mom and dad, seeing grandma & grandpa, cousins, aunts, uncles, cub scouts, girls scouts, karate, 4 H, I can go on.

nothing is normal. at all. you don't have kids, so respectfully you don't get a say in this matter.
Hmmm....I have kids ages 12 and 15. Both vaccinated. Both going to school. Both wear masks (the right way, not on the chin). Both playing basketball for their schools and have to wear masks while playing. Both see and socialize with their friends every day. Both went to Disney (without me who was working) and Florida...and saw grandparents. We all visited with our vaccinated relatives over Thanksgiving. They get together with their vaccinated friends in small groups on weekends or 2-3 best friends get together for a birthday party. They've been to ballgames, both inside and outside.

I'm sorry but all this whining and complaining is ridiculous. Do we prefer life to be unmasked a 100% of the time? Sure, who wouldn't? But it's really not a heavy lift for them (or the rest of my family) to do the right/smart things and we're able to do whatever we want. So you've got to wear a mask at certain places and times of the day...so what, not a big deal.

You want to complain about something? Complain about the unvaccinated...complain about the people who wear no masks...complain about the people who don't wear masks properly...complain about the people who have politicized a public health issue...complain about the misinformation spread...complain about politicians who have lied and pointed figures yet have done very little to help others...complain about people who are ungrateful to our doctors, nurses, medical professionals, teachers, etc....complain about every Tom, Dick, and Harry who thinks they know more about infectious diseases than people who have been studying this their who professional lives.

If you're one of those people, and you know who you are, than you're dragging us down.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Reports are saying that by February, there will be over 1 million cases per day of the Omicron variant in the U.S. Our healthcare system doesn't stand a chance.
Other “reports” throughout the last 3 years also have said this will end soon, here, there, everywhere. You get the point.

Keep reading the doomsday and fear porn reports, I’m sure it’s making your life a whole lot more enjoyable.
Go Rhody
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

McRam wrote: 2 years ago Peter Ram Time U speak wisdom with the Politicalization of this type of topic.

Who do we believe,--- Fauci, who spends more time with TV interviews that working on issue or the less than candid CDC director.

"Can those in leadership answer the simple question about the O strain, is it basically harmless to everyone that is not in a high risk group???
Really? Criticizing Fauci? Sure, he's on TV because he likes all the attention? He's so flamboyant and such an attention-seeker.

Right, he hasn't been working on infectious disease research his whole life? I'm going to guess that the guy has gotten less sleep than anyone since this whole thing hit. He does a lot of media because he's understandable, articulate, informed, and trusted. Geez, who wouldn't have a person like that as their doctor? Sometimes he tells you things you don't want to hear. Too bad.

He and Dr. Walensky are on TV because they are primary sources of information. Or You'd rather hear from a Scott Atlas or some guy named Joe Rogan for your information? Or do you remember when the Orange-Faced, Putin-Suckup held his press briefings, right? We should drink bleach and take hyrdroxychloroquine. (The Pumpkinhead got booed for telling his cult followers that he got boosted. He doesn't have the balls to tell them they should take it too so we can be done with Covid.)
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Reports are saying that by February, there will be over 1 million cases per day of the Omicron variant in the U.S. Our healthcare system doesn't stand a chance.
Other “reports” throughout the last 3 years also have said this will end soon, here, there, everywhere. You get the point.

Keep reading the doomsday and fear porn reports, I’m sure it’s making your life a whole lot more enjoyable.
Those reports also said 3%+ death rate and millions who would die last year alone.

Kind of like when Al Gore told me in 2000 Florida would be underwater by 2013.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

And keep living in Covid denial and conspiracies. Remember when:

1) the media was making too big of a deal about this? Then it came to the US and morgues filled up. Remember that?
2) the media was only using Covid to hurt Trump. It wasn't a real story. Right?
3) the media will stop covering Covid and it will clear up after Biden is elected proving that this was simply a media conspiracy to hurt Trump. Guess that didn't happen either.

Predictions change about Covid because Covid mutates and people did not do enough (vaccination rates and consistent masking) to stop the spread. So when will it end? When enough people do the right things, that's when.

In the meantime, stop by your local hospital to see if the "doomsday and fear porn reports" are accurate.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

ATPTourFan wrote: 2 years ago I was asking myself why I was even attempting to reply. As you can see the count is rapidly increasing and we're already well past that 230 number.

Sure I can understand that. I need a procedure, but the doctor won't even return calls. Left three voicemails to schedule. Not one return call. The issue is the governor mandated vaccines which reduced staffing. So the number of beds are reduced because of staffing.

Vaccine mandates are not the reason for lack of staffing. That is complete misinformation. (It's about 1-3% of hospital staff loss due to employees not getting the vaccine.)
https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/hospit ... ers-so-far
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 years ago

And keep living in Covid denial and conspiracies. Remember when:

1) the media was making too big of a deal about this? Then it came to the US and morgues filled up. Remember that?
2) the media was only using Covid to hurt Trump. It wasn't a real story. Right?
3) the media will stop covering Covid and it will clear up after Biden is elected proving that this was simply a media conspiracy to hurt Trump. Guess that didn't happen either.

Predictions change about Covid because Covid mutates and people did not do enough (vaccination rates and consistent masking) to stop the spread. So when will it end? When enough people do the right things, that's when.

In the meantime, stop by your local hospital to see if the "doomsday and fear porn reports" are accurate.
I always believed in this, got my vaccine right away, as well as my booster.

I’m gonna go out in a limb here and say we will not average 1 million cases per day starting February 1.

We’ll circle back in a month to see.
Go Rhody
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

McRam wrote: 2 years ago Why is ok to go to games in Florida and it is not a super spreader event

Is this strain a serious cause of hospitalization and death or not ? Why are there conversations about this ?
Because our doofus governor is more interested in sucking up to his orange-haired base than keeping people healthy and saving lives.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhode Island now leads all 50 states in new Covid cases per 100,000 per NY Times data

New Hampshire 2nd, New York 3rd

325A17B2-F2F6-444E-96BB-53669B930823.png
A3951157-B116-4A1F-895E-7A2FA921E588.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhode Island is the 2nd most vaccinated state
New York 7th most vaccinated
New Hampshire 13th most vaccinated

491B207D-EF8B-4703-8808-FA8B97A6D6CE.png
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago
McRam wrote: 2 years ago Why is ok to go to games in Florida and it is not a super spreader event

Because our doofus governor is more interested in sucking up to his orange-haired base than keeping people healthy and saving lives.

Dunk has required no masks and no vaccination proof. As I told people after the PC-URI game “if I don’t get Covid after attending that game I’ll never get it”.

Rhode Island now leads the country in New Cases per 100,000 last 14 day running average.

The dunk does not represent the “orange haired fan base” - not even close.

Was the PC-URI game a super spreader event?

Has even 1 Rhode Island media person questioned why the Dunk should require no masks and no vaccination proof? While the Ryan Center requires masks and proof of vaccination?

Nobody had masks on at PC-URI in the dunk. That policy tells people masks are not important, not necessary.

And here we are today #1 in the US in cases per 100,000 and #2 most vaccinated state.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Rhode Island is the 2nd most vaccinated state
New York 7th most vaccinated
New Hampshire 13th most vaccinated

491B207D-EF8B-4703-8808-FA8B97A6D6CE.png
…..great, when the definition of fully vaccinated becomes shots plus boost, this ratings will change I guess……..I also guess we will go shots, boost 1 and then boost 2 then on and on…….bring it…….
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Vaccine mandates are not the reason for lack of staffing. That is complete misinformation. (It's about 1-3% of hospital staff loss due to employees not getting the vaccine.)
https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/hospit ... ers-so-far
I read your attached article PMMM. But isn’t losing 1% to 3% a tough situation in an industry that is already struggling to find staff? Advertising for LPN’s, RN’s, CNA’s etc has been common for years.

I have not seen data but I wonder how many of these people being fired have natural immunity? Majority of these people were on the front lines when Covid first hit and we all locked down. Many got Covid and don’t want
to get the vaccine because they already got the Covid. Seems to me if someone can prove they got Covid and have natural immunity that they don’t need to get fired.
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Hospitals are overrun in large part because they are understaffed. Many left the profession due to the stress of the environment the last couple of years and others left because they didn't want to be vaccinated. Pair that with the increase in cases and voila. Not sure if this was mentioned already. I'm too lazy to read the whole thread.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

URI to require 22,500 students and staff to have boosters prior to start of Spring Semester
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

ramster wrote: 2 years agoMany got Covid and don’t want to get the vaccine because they already got the Covid. Seems to me if someone can prove they got Covid and have natural immunity that they don’t need to get fired.
But that isnt the case.

Another issue with natural immunity is that it can vary substantially based on the age of the individual and just how sick they got in the first place. Milder illness in older people often resulted in fewer antibodies being produced.

Some studies have shown between 30 and 40 percent of people who have recovered from Covid did not have detectable neutralizing antibodies at all. That probably explains why a recent study showed that unvaccinated people who already had Covid were more than twice as likely to get reinfected as those who had also been vaccinated.
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I figured.

Hmmm....I have kids ages 12 and 15. Both vaccinated. Both going to school. Both wear masks (the right way, not on the chin). Both playing basketball for their schools and have to wear masks while playing. Both see and socialize with their friends every day. Both went to Disney (without me who was working) and Florida...and saw grandparents. We all visited with our vaccinated relatives over Thanksgiving. They get together with their vaccinated friends in small groups on weekends or 2-3 best friends get together for a birthday party. They've been to ballgames, both inside and outside.

I'm sorry but all this whining and complaining is ridiculous. Do we prefer life to be unmasked a 100% of the time? Sure, who wouldn't? But it's really not a heavy lift for them (or the rest of my family) to do the right/smart things and we're able to do whatever we want. So you've got to wear a mask at certain places and times of the day...so what, not a big deal.

You want to complain about something? Complain about the unvaccinated...complain about the people who wear no masks...complain about the people who don't wear masks properly...complain about the people who have politicized a public health issue...complain about the misinformation spread...complain about politicians who have lied and pointed figures yet have done very little to help others...complain about people who are ungrateful to our doctors, nurses, medical professionals, teachers, etc....complain about every Tom, Dick, and Harry who thinks they know more about infectious diseases than people who have been studying this their who professional lives.

If you're one of those people, and you know who you are, than you're dragging us down.
The only thing I want to complain about is wearing a mask. People know what to do to keep themselves safe without me wearing a mask.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

McRam wrote: 2 years ago Peter Ram Time U speak wisdom with the Politicalization of this type of topic.

Really? Criticizing Fauci? Sure, he's on TV because he likes all the attention? He's so flamboyant and such an attention-seeker.

Right, he hasn't been working on infectious disease research his whole life? I'm going to guess that the guy has gotten less sleep than anyone since this whole thing hit. He does a lot of media because he's understandable, articulate, informed, and trusted. Geez, who wouldn't have a person like that as their doctor? Sometimes he tells you things you don't want to hear. Too bad.

He and Dr. Walensky are on TV because they are primary sources of information. Or You'd rather hear from a Scott Atlas or some guy named Joe Rogan for your information? Or do you remember when the Orange-Faced, Putin-Suckup held his press briefings, right? We should drink bleach and take hyrdroxychloroquine. (The Pumpkinhead got booed for telling his cult followers that he got boosted. He doesn't have the balls to tell them they should take it too so we can be done with Covid.)
How on earth can you trust that Fauci dude when he already admitted that he lied to everyone? People that do that, especially those that think they are doing it in "everyone's best interest"...can absolutely not be trusted.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I figured.

The only thing I want to complain about is wearing a mask. People know what to do to keep themselves safe without me wearing a mask.
Dr Fauci said yesterday masks on planes are here to stay forever. Not good news for you 208 :cry:

https://news.yahoo.com/fauci-says-maski ... 07279.html
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago URI to require 22,500 students and staff to have boosters prior to start of Spring Semester
Invest in pharma
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

Dr Fauci said yesterday masks on planes are here to stay forever. Not good news for you 208 :cry:

Anyone that didn't know that was coming, hasn't been awake for two years
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

NHL just shut down, all but one player is vaccinated I believe. Maybe we should start criticizing the vaccine companies instead of each other.
GO RAMS
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

I figured.

while I 100% agree, the unvaxed population is the issue now. you don't actually believe our children's lives are normal, do you??
:lol:
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

March 2020 Dr Fauci said masks don’t work
Then he said he lied because he didn’t want hospitals to run out of masks if the public started buying masks
Then Dr Fauci said layers of masks are better such as 2 masks or even 3 masks
Dr Fauci said Airplanes have great air ventilation systems
May 2021 Dr Fauci said we don’t need to wear masks anymore if vaccinated
Dr Fauci said we could go to 3 feet instead of 6 feet distancing
Dr Fauci said masks likely needed for flying forever
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

March 2020 Dr Fauci said masks don’t work
Then he said he lied because he didn’t want hospitals to run out of masks if the public started buying masks
Then Dr Fauci said layers of masks are better such as 2 masks or even 3 masks
Dr Fauci said Airplanes have great air ventilation systems
May 2021 Dr Fauci said we don’t need to wear masks anymore if vaccinated
Dr Fauci said we could go to 3 feet instead of 6 feet distancing
Dr Fauci said masks likely needed for flying forever
But...but....to quote an earlier post.... WHO WOULDN'T WANT HIM AS THEIR FAMILY DOCTOR? Good grief..
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

The Big East's COVID forfeit rule is dumb as hell.

NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago The Big East's COVID forfeit rule is dumb as hell.

Hang on, things are only going to keep getting dumber (yes, it's possible)
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

When do teams with covid issues start waiting out their opponents to see who folds first?