12/18 | Georgia St | 2:00PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
damram
Kenny Green

Re: 12/18 | Georgia St | 2:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by damram »

It was good to hear Silk Owens on the Varsity App. I finally said something good about it.
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

I agree, DamRam. Silk did a good job. He was very excitable at times. I really enjoyed listening despite the outcome.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I thought their defense was geared to stop Ish. Ish doesn't force his offense so they stopped him but created opportunities for others. Bray and Bassey were our only two in double figures. I thought we played better when both were on the court. Front court scoring, rebounding and defending were a major problem. Team scoring was good from three and the FT line. We missed too many intermediate range shots. We didn't defend well from the periphery which happens when a team has three good shooters and poor inside defenders.
NCAAs or Bust!
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago I hope we never have to do this rebuild new coach BS ever again. It is difficult.
I kind of hope we do, because it would have meant Archie succeeded here and brought us to 1-2 NCAA tourneys and re-start the process like we have done many times before when Archie takes a bigger job. It is not sustainable at URI for consistent success.
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

I didn’t think that was a terrible game. Not good by any means, but the first half looked decent. We have a glaring weakness down low and against good teams our big men look heavily over matched. Curious as to why we didn’t see Rory tonight. Samb and Alex struggled. Could have used something from the 5 spot.
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

RamStock wrote: 1 year ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago I hope we never have to do this rebuild new coach BS ever again. It is difficult.
I kind of hope we do, because it would have meant Archie succeeded here and brought us to 1-2 NCAA tourneys and re-start the process like we have done many times before when Archie takes a bigger job. It is not sustainable at URI for consistent success.

With his salary, we’re all hoping we stop that trend and continue the success with the same guy.
GO RAMS
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 1 year ago
RamStock wrote: 1 year ago

With his salary, we’re all hoping we stop that trend and continue the success with the same guy.
It is not going to happen. URI will always be a stepping stone to a bigger job after they find success.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Funny watching the game then coming here 8 hours later and read the game thread

I thought we probably played our best of the season for that first 12 minutes then the rest of the game wasn’t good @ all

Tough outing for Ish we obviously need more from him

Georgia St wore us down in the 2h and out talented us to win going away
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Still no explanation why Rory can't even sniff a minute of playing time.
BruceW
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BruceW »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
BruceW wrote: 1 year ago
NC_Ram wrote: 1 year ago

You might want to leave now to make tipoff. Traffic there is worse than LA. If you haven't ever toured the Fox theatre it's worth the effort to get there!
I previously lived in Atlanta for over 30 years my friend. I know ATL traffic quite well. Go Rhody
traffic will not be bad being a Sunday and Falcons are at New Orleans in an interesting game where Rookie Ridder from Cincinnati has been provided the starting QB slot by Arthur Smith (Marcus M left the team when word reached him of being benched)

Bruce,
Where did you move to after leaving Atlanta?
Moved to Long Island for two years. Now living in an over 55 Four Seasons property in Galloway NJ. About 25 minutes to Atlantic City and 50 to Philadelphia. I will be at both the LaSalle and St Joseph’s road games. Best regards.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago
I previously lived in Atlanta for over 30 years my friend. I know ATL traffic quite well. Go Rhody
traffic will not be bad being a Sunday and Falcons are at New Orleans in an interesting game where Rookie Ridder from Cincinnati has been provided the starting QB slot by Arthur Smith (Marcus M left the team when word reached him of being benched)

Bruce,
Where did you move to after leaving Atlanta?
Moved to Long Island for two years. Now living in an over 55 Four Seasons property in Galloway NJ. About 25 minutes to Atlantic City and 50 to Philadelphia. I will be at both the LaSalle and St Joseph’s road games. Best regards.
I played in the ShopRite Pro-Am for many years at the Seaview Resort in Galloway and stayed there.
I will also be attending the LaSalle and St. Joe's games in Philly.

I also plan on driving up to RI for the Milwaukee game this week, barring bad weather.
Last edited by Jersey77 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago Still no explanation why Rory can't even sniff a minute of playing time.
He's not good enough? He's looked pretty overmatched the few times he's been in there, unless you're a believer that his mere presence on the court makes other people better. He's shooting 27.8 percent from the floor, and 1-for-9 from 3-point range. People asking why he can't get playing time is probably a fixation on the unknown vs. the known, like when people really wanted Greg Hammond (or Tres Berry, or Matthew Butler, or whoever is the last scholarship player on a bad team) to get playing time.

Stewart can't get playing time because Bilau, Samb and Tchikou have been better in practice and/or in games, I imagine. It's frustrating to watch Samb and Tchikou combined for just 7 RPG and 1.2 BPG in 38 MPG, but I think Stewart would be worse with major playing time, unless you just don't trust Archie's player evaluations from practices. (Heck, that's not impossible - Some coaches do have blind spots when it comes to certain skill sets, like Baron playing mediocre players who didn't foul vs. players that actually did stuff but with some errors in the process.) And outside of Bilau, I think there's a decent chance that multiple big men on the current roster aren't in the rotation of the next decent URI team.
BruceW
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BruceW »

The attendance at the game had to be under 2,000 people in the building. URI had about 250 people maybe more. Most people living in and around Atlanta.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago
PeteRI wrote: 1 year ago Still no explanation why Rory can't even sniff a minute of playing time.
He's not good enough? He's looked pretty overmatched the few times he's been in there, unless you're a believer that his mere presence on the court makes other people better. He's shooting 27.8 percent from the floor, and 1-for-9 from 3-point range. People asking why he can't get playing time is probably a fixation on the unknown vs. the known, like when people really wanted Greg Hammond (or Tres Berry, or Matthew Butler, or whoever is the last scholarship player on a bad team) to get playing time.

Stewart can't get playing time because Bilau, Samb and Tchikou have been better in practice and/or in games, I imagine. It's frustrating to watch Samb and Tchikou combined for just 7 RPG and 1.2 BPG in 38 MPG, but I think Stewart would be worse with major playing time, unless you just don't trust Archie's player evaluations from practices. (Heck, that's not impossible - Some coaches do have blind spots when it comes to certain skill sets, like Baron playing mediocre players who didn't foul vs. players that actually did stuff but with some errors in the process.) And outside of Bilau, I think there's a decent chance that multiple big men on the current roster aren't in the rotation of the next decent URI team.
Even worse SG, they combined for only 2 rebounds and 6 pts, getting 6 fouls in 39 minutes against GSU.
That is horrible production from your only 2 frontcourt players in the game.

As previously stated by a poster, we probably have the worst frontcourt in the A10 at this time.

Being very generous, maybe give Samb a freshman and Alex with very limited Div.1 experience a pass this season.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Projo article about the game lists our Milwaukee game on Tuesday followed by A10 opener on Saturday.

How hard is it to check the schedule on GoRhody? Takes less than 30 seconds.

We don't play Tuesday and do not open up A10 play on Saturday.
Go Rhody
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

He looks like he's struggling to adjust to the speed/pace of the college game. He'll get there, but I don't know how you put him in right now given that he's a step too slow most of the time.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 1 year ago
He looks like he's struggling to adjust to the speed/pace of the college game. He'll get there, but I don't know how you put him in right now given that he's a step too slow most of the time.
Yea, he’s way overmatched. Too slow, hasn’t shoot it well whatsoever. Not comfortable out there.

I said weeks back that when we’re mostly healthy, I don’t expect him to play at all.
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Rhody15 wrote: 1 year ago
Yea, he’s way overmatched. Too slow, hasn’t shoot it well whatsoever. Not comfortable out there.

I said weeks back that when we’re mostly healthy, I don’t expect him to play at all.
Too bad, a RS season would have probably made sense for him.
Considering how much are bigs are struggling and he can't see the court even with Bilau out.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 1 year ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago

I kinda think we win if Bilau plays
Don’t expect Bilau back anytime soon.
You know this for sure or just guessing?
Not to speak for them, but being ruled out during the previous game and not even making the trip for this one certainly gives the impression that the injury could be substantial and that Bilau's not really close to coming back. Would think if Bilau was close he would have made the trip to see if he could go in the game
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

Considering how much are bigs are struggling and he can't see the court even with Bilau out.
I don't see much of a drop-off when Rory plays compared to Samb and Tchikou. They are all incredibly raw and not ready to play real minutes. The last time Rory got minutes he played well. He hit a 3 and had some nice offensive rebounds and putbacks.

Georgia St was way too athletic for him, so I think that's why he didn't see the floor. Archie may put him in if our bigs continue to produce like they did yesterday.

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

BruceW wrote: 1 year ago The attendance at the game had to be under 2,000 people in the building. URI had about 250 people maybe more. Most people living in and around Atlanta.
The box score listed attendance at 1,440. This is a few hundred below their now YTD average of 1,756. The new arena has not improved their fan numbers. This game during break and against a bad opponent (URI) was not going to change that and attract many.

The Rhody team this season is among the bottom quarter of D1. It will not excite any opposing team fans to come out to see them when they play on the road. It will also deflate attendance in Kingston as well. The PC game was the high point for URI attendance this season as it was an official sellout and brought the YTD average to 5,564. Unlike other years, I do not expect the numbers to increase with conference games. My guess is that the numbers will steadily decrease as the losses pile up. I don't think there will be any other sellouts and expect few, if any games, to attract more than 2/3 capacity. Most games are likely to fall in the upper 3 to 5k range. I can only imagine how many "real" bodies show up when the winter weather is really bad on a game day. Most people are not going to take any risks to see this team.
Last edited by RF1 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

I wasn’t able to watch the game, and would be curious to get a summary of what folks think was a key issue.

Doing a box score analysis (fool proof I know), it looks like it was a fairly even game. Where our bigs lacked in rebounding, our wings and guards made up. Only lost the rebound battle by 4. Free throws similar, shooting percentages similar, turnovers similar.

Just easy buckets being given up? Clearly some guys on our end didn’t have their best outings, but the collective stat outcome didn’t look horrible.

Georgia state shooting 28% from 3 on the season, and then making 12/25 for 48% is a brutal beat though. Will likely be their best shooting game of the season.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Ish had 2 early fouls and only played 8 minutes in the first half. He was never able to get anything going.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago I wasn’t able to watch the game, and would be curious to get a summary of what folks think was a key issue.

Doing a box score analysis (fool proof I know), it looks like it was a fairly even game. Where our bigs lacked in rebounding, our wings and guards made up. Only lost the rebound battle by 4. Free throws similar, shooting percentages similar, turnovers similar.

Just easy buckets being given up? Clearly some guys on our end didn’t have their best outings, but the collective stat outcome didn’t look horrible.

Georgia state shooting 28% from 3 on the season, and then making 12/25 for 48% is a brutal beat though. Will likely be their best shooting game of the season.
It was 49-49 with about 10’ to go…
Then we turned it over 37 times in a row and got down by 10.
Then it was garbage time.

The key issue was turnovers down the stretch.
5F44BBEF-2A73-4094-B596-A7D202BC0754.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rhodyrudder wrote: 1 year ago
KingstonLane wrote: 1 year ago I wasn’t able to watch the game, and would be curious to get a summary of what folks think was a key issue.

It was 49-49 with about 10’ to go…
Then we turned it over 37 times in a row and got down by 10.
Then it was garbage time.

The key issue was turnovers down the stretch.

5F44BBEF-2A73-4094-B596-A7D202BC0754.png
Wow....37 possessions in 10 minutes is pretty good, right? :o
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Bray was red hot early on, and G state was cold.

We missed a bunch of layups. Especially Malik. Once Georgia St got going in the second half, our guards started to force it, and we turned it over a lot. Carey looked like sophomore Carey with some of his passes. Ish looked like Ish from last year. Our big men are not ready to contribute.

Some positives.

1. Bray is awesome

2. Bassy had a good 1st half. Hit a 3.

3. Weston looked good. He hit a 3 and had some nice offensive rebounds. He's going to be a great player.

4. Tchikou was bad in the 1st half but had some nice blocks and a few ally oops in the second half. You can see the benefit of having a guy his size in the post. Once he gets strong, I think he'll be a good A10 player.

Lou should have played more since he has a nice midrange and makes the smart pass once they went zone. I would love for Weston and Hutch to take most of Malik's minutes. They have a much higher upside, and Malik is a huge liability on offense right now. I love his heart, but how many layups will we watch him miss until we let our young guys take over? Weston also seems to miss layups, but he does a great job of getting offensive boards and going to the line. Play him over Malik, please!!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Jersey77 wrote: 1 year ago

I don't see much of a drop-off when Rory plays compared to Samb and Tchikou. They are all incredibly raw and not ready to play real minutes. The last time Rory got minutes he played well. He hit a 3 and had some nice offensive rebounds and putbacks.

Georgia St was way too athletic for him, so I think that's why he didn't see the floor. Archie may put him in if our bigs continue to produce like they did yesterday.

Yeah Stevey, don't necessarily disagree.
Let's see how Archie chooses to use Rory going forward.

In the last 5 games combined he saw the court a total of 7 minutes.
If that trend continues, it is a shame for him to waste a year of eligibility.
Especially since he has some abilities we can use; he just needs to develop confidence.
He also has shown some toughness which I always like to see.
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

4. Tchikou was bad in the 1st half but had some nice blocks and a few ally oops in the second half. You can see the benefit of having a guy his size in the post. Once he gets strong, I think he'll be a good A10 player.

I hope you're right about Tchikou. Not sure his frame is conducive to putting on much more bulk and strength. Remember technically this is his 2nd year in college and he hasn't bulked up yet. Also, so far he hasn't shown good hands. Hopefully he is just playing tentatively and time will help him improve. I'm hopeful that Foumena is the real deal and he will help strengthen the front court next year.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

ram1980 wrote: 1 year ago 4. Tchikou was bad in the 1st half but had some nice blocks and a few ally oops in the second half. You can see the benefit of having a guy his size in the post. Once he gets strong, I think he'll be a good A10 player.

I hope you're right about Tchikou. Not sure his frame is conducive to putting on much more bulk and strength. Remember technically this is his 2nd year in college and he hasn't bulked up yet. Also, so far he hasn't shown good hands. Hopefully he is just playing tentatively and time will help him improve. I'm hopeful that Foumena is the real deal and he will help strengthen the front court next year.
Foumena was by far my favorite big man this off-season, so I was very disappointed when I saw he was getting redshirted. I also thought he was the best big man at the scrimmage. I hope Archie knew this year would be a wash, so he didn't want to waste a year of eligibility. I think one or two of our big men will be gone next year. Too many mouths to feed.

As for Alex, I think people are giving up on him way too early. What you're seeing is a raw young big man that isn't ready to contribute at this level yet, but has to play out of need. Think about Andre Berry early on. Nice touch around the hoop, but his body wasn't remotely ready to play at the D1 level early on, and he would have gotten abused by more athletic bigs. He put in the work and ended up being one of the better bigs in the conference and was the starter on one of the best Rhody teams ever.

Alex knows he's not ready yet, as he tweeted it himself. His attitude is fantastic. He will work his ass off to get to where he needs to be. I think most of the guys on our team will do this. I think Alex has a knack for getting a strong position in the post. Once he's in the post, he's getting bullied when he goes up, and his shot gets blocked. He scored 4 pts in the second half after getting more comfortable. I bet you will see him get better and better as he plays more.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'm pretty sure they have a pretty good weight room at Alabama. Just a guess...
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I too saw Fouma as having the frame to compete, with good touch. Alex will continue to build as he has potential for sure.
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ram1980 wrote: 1 year ago 4. Tchikou was bad in the 1st half but had some nice blocks and a few ally oops in the second half. You can see the benefit of having a guy his size in the post. Once he gets strong, I think he'll be a good A10 player.

To me it's pretty clear he's playing tentatively. He settled in that second half and played more aggressively and thats when he had a couple dunks.

He just doesn't know how to play like a traditional big at all. I know in his highlight film all you saw was him shooting threes and trying to play like Kevin Durant. It turns out he's not lol. He's adjusting to how to play like a more traditional big man.

Hopefully we see more of those pick and rolls that ended in dunks with him. He's really athletic and it looks like that's one thing he's comfortable with offensively.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 year ago I'm pretty sure they have a pretty good weight room at Alabama. Just a guess...
My guess is his main focus was improving his Achilles after he ruptured it. He barely saw the floor at Bama. As he continues to battle with players in games and practices and works with our coaching staff I think he will get stronger.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

URI has a history of doing a sequel on the cheap. Only when the program has been driven into the ground do we step up. Good programs are prepared to fire a failing coach and hire a new coach at an equal or greater salary.
NCAAs or Bust!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody72 wrote: 1 year ago
URI has a history of doing a sequel on the cheap. Only when the program has been driven into the ground do we step up. Good programs are prepared to fire a failing coach and hire a new coach at an equal or greater salary.
We wouldn't be in this mess if we did what you wanted and extended Cox. What was Thorr thinking?
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

SGreenwell wrote: 1 year ago

I don't disagree. But I recall Rory did have one decent game this year. Guess that was just a fluke. I was hoping he could be our Noah Horchler but as I wrote in another thread he's more of a NoahNear Horchler.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

But you want him to be 5th year senior Horchler 8 weeks into his college career. He was a lightly recruited long term project. He’s not ready yet or he’d be playing regularly.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

To me it's pretty clear he's playing tentatively. He settled in that second half and played more aggressively and thats when he had a couple dunks.

He just doesn't know how to play like a traditional big at all. I know in his highlight film all you saw was him shooting threes and trying to play like Kevin Durant. It turns out he's not lol. He's adjusting to how to play like a more traditional big man.

Hopefully we see more of those pick and rolls that ended in dunks with him. He's really athletic and it looks like that's one thing he's comfortable with offensively.

Wait you’re telling me a player looks incredible in a highlight video but isn’t that good in actual college games?

I’m shocked.
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Wait you’re telling me a player looks incredible in a highlight video but isn’t that good in actual college games?

I’m shocked.
He didn’t look incredible in the tape I saw. I think most of us saw a high upside but very raw big. I expected Foumena and Bilau to both play over him.

I’ve posted two separate video links for you and anyone else to watch live games of Connor. I’ll post another one of Cam for this weekend. I recommend watching it and you can see how our incoming recruits look in real games.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I’m shocked.
He didn’t look incredible in the tape I saw. I think most of us saw a high upside but very raw big. I expected Foumena and Bilau to both play over him.

I’ve posted two separate video links for you and anyone else to watch live games of Connor. I’ll post another one of Cam for this weekend. I recommend watching it and you can see how our incoming recruits look in real games.

The #1 recruit in America two years ago who was billed as the next Kevin Durant is now leading a 3-9 Eastern Michigan team.

I’ll wait until on court results before getting excited about recruits.

Plus, in the transfer portal era, it’s tough to expect recruits to stay 4 years.
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Weston prob had his best offensive stretch of the season in first half against Ga State. Stepped into a 3 for the 2nd game in a row and had a really strong finish at the basket through contact.

Also liked seeing Alex find some success rolling to the hoop for easy dunks. If he blocks some shots and dunks that is all we can hope for. He needs to start rebounding more aggressively.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

bigappleram wrote: 1 year ago
Also liked seeing Alex find some success rolling to the hoop for easy dunks. If he blocks some shots and dunks that is all we can hope for. He needs to start rebounding more aggressively.
Alex needs to improve his positioning, footwork and staying vertical before becoming more aggressive or else he will be in foul trouble early. His present deficiencies are exasperated when URI plays with four guards.
NCAAs or Bust!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Alex needs to improve his positioning, footwork and staying vertical before becoming more aggressive or else he will be in foul trouble early. His present deficiencies are exasperated when URI plays with four guards.
Those are all normal struggles for a FR big. Which he basically is. He also needs to add more lower body strength to hold his position. He is too easily moved by bigger bodies but I expect that to change as he matures.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Those are all normal struggles for a FR big. Which he basically is. He also needs to add more lower body strength to hold his position. He is too easily moved by bigger bodies but I expect that to change as he matures.
Alex will be 21 in March.
NCAAs or Bust!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Alex will be 21 in March.
So he's on his parents medical plan for another 5 years. Your point?
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
Alex is listed as a red-shirt sophomore which indicates that this is his third year as a college athlete. He's had plenty of time to develop a mature body to play basketball. I'm not sure how much more he will mature physically. Let's hope he is a late bloomer!
NCAAs or Bust!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

theblueram wrote: 1 year ago
Alex is listed as a red-shirt sophomore which indicates that this is his third year as a college athlete. He's had plenty of time to develop a mature body to play basketball. I'm not sure how much more he will mature physically. Let's hope he is a late bloomer!
Did you forget he ruptured his Achilles or did you just not know? That takes a longgggg time to recover. That hurt his development
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago ...
Did you forget he ruptured his Achilles or did you just not know? That takes a longgggg time to recover. That hurt his development
The injury occurred over two years ago. That is a longgggg time to recover.
NCAAs or Bust!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 1 year ago ...
The injury occurred over two years ago. That is a longgggg time to recover.
So because it happened two years that didn’t affect his development? Instead of a full season in the weight room and practicing with Bama players he had to deal with going to PT and recovering from a serious injury. That takes a toll on you physically and mentally. Watch the Kobe Bryant doc on showtime and you’ll see how tough it is.

Alex may not end up being the player we need but I’m going to give him more time to get stronger and improve his game. He has a great attitude and I believe this staff will help him reach his full potential.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Alex may not end up being the player we need but I’m going to give him more time to get stronger and improve his game. He has a great attitude and I believe this staff will help him reach his full potential.
We agree that with a great attitude Alex will improve but like EC he will not (1) reach his projected potential when he was a 4 star recruit, (2) become an All A10 selection and (3) lead us to the NCAAT. I would love to be wrong about Alex but I believe we need a better starting center to get us back to the NCAAT.
NCAAs or Bust!