URI Men's Basketball Program

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: URI Men's Basketball Program

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Thorr and Cox are trying to reassure people, that's for sure.

Don't know if that's going to work...and add in the uncertainty about the season itself....not good.

If there is no season, none of this is going to matter anyway. With no revenue.....well fill in the blanks.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago I recently renewed my tickets. I asked how it's been going and they admitted that many fans haven't renewed due to the way our season ended and losing some fan favorites. People loved Toppin and no one knows if Fatts is coming back.

I'm also changing seats. I"m heading over to 211. I was in 204 and fans would yell at me to sit down when I was cheering for our home team. I really hope 211 has more energy.
Oh I sure hope you were not the yelling guy in 204...we will miss you from our seats in 104 :lol:
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
ramster wrote: 4 years ago

As some say we should be nice to players and coaches because they read this “Shit”, I thought wouldn’t it be nice if posters were nicer to each other?

I read the Kentucky Board regarding Jacob Toppin. Some had read this board. A comment was they were surprised that cuss words were allowed here

Most boards do not allow swearing

I think moderators should not allow use of swear words. If we are concerned about families reading this then why not disallow use of the F-word?
Just stop Ramster. I'm glad Kentucky was surprised we can swear here. It is America. Or it used to be anyway.

I love swearing! Is shit even a swear word? Turd? Dookie? Poo?

"Cuss words" seriously??? HAH! I swear so freely, it's probably unladylike but I believe it adds spice to a conversation and is necessary. I've spent a decent amount of time in the south and they're passive aggressive AF down there.

People in the south say "bless your heart" in lieu of "go F yourself"

https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-i ... scientists
TS...that is why you did not make the list of favorite posters. You have to stop saying Dookie, girl! It is so off-putting, you are ruining this Board :roll:
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Do it like the show South Park....

All swear words are allowed on that show except the F word. lol
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I’m sure Blueman and I are the conductors on the “F-Bomb” train.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago

Just stop Ramster. I'm glad Kentucky was surprised we can swear here. It is America. Or it used to be anyway.

I love swearing! Is shit even a swear word? Turd? Dookie? Poo?

"Cuss words" seriously??? HAH! I swear so freely, it's probably unladylike but I believe it adds spice to a conversation and is necessary. I've spent a decent amount of time in the south and they're passive aggressive AF down there.

People in the south say "bless your heart" in lieu of "go F yourself"

https://www.sciencealert.com/swearing-i ... scientists
TS...that is why you did not make the list of favorite posters. You have to stop saying Dookie, girl! It is so off-putting, you are ruining this Board :roll:
I'm a fragile woman not a male Boomer so that's probably why. :lol:
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago I’m sure Blueman and I are the conductors on the “F-Bomb” train.
Everything I've read has stated that swearing is a sign of intelligence.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Season tickets sales are off mostly due to the fact that there might not even BE a season.

The roster turnover is part of it, for sure.

There aren't going to be large crowds allowed anywhere for a long time to come, unless a miracle drug is found soon.

States that are starting to open things up will find out soon that it's a mistake.

That's only going to make things worse.
That is quite a few assumptions for one post.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

DeanDome88 wrote: 4 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Season tickets sales are off mostly due to the fact that there might not even BE a season.

There aren't going to be large crowds allowed anywhere for a long time to come, unless a miracle drug is found soon.

States that are starting to open things up will find out soon that it's a mistake.

Yea, i see why "doombone" is your nickname now.

Very Very negative with these virus posts relating to large crowds at sports.

Still too much unknown to make all these assumptions over and over again on a daily basis with multiple posts in different threads.
Go Rhody
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago I’m sure Blueman and I are the conductors on the “F-Bomb” train.
Everything I've read has stated that swearing is a sign of intelligence.
How does that explain the mental hospital's fan base?
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago

Still too much unknown to make all these assumptions over and over again on a daily basis with multiple posts in different threads.
I’d much rather read your Harris redundant takes than any of his. That says a lot.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago

I’d much rather read your Harris redundant takes than any of his. That says a lot.

Lol, you post just made me actually laugh out loud, that was good.
Go Rhody
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

you boy's need to get off doombone's back!! He's a familiar and necessary part of this board. Not to mention, that nickname is ancient, at least a decade, it needs to be reserved for when rammy is being particularly doomy. I got your back rambone
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I’m not usually on board with Rambone’s basketball pessimism but his take on the upcoming season is not out of the question. If you read what public health scientists say there’s a good chance there’s going to be a second round this winter combined with the typical flu season.
Slava Ukraini!
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Rambone is a legend.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago I’m not usually on board with Rambone’s basketball pessimism but his take on the upcoming season is not out of the question. If you read what public health scientists say there’s a good chance there’s going to be a second round this winter combined with the typical flu season.
Wasn't it already combined with the flu this year? It started in January. But good news is out there. The Navy ship is leaving NY since they never needed it. And NY is donating ventilators to other states since they don't need them anymore (good thing they didn't get the 40,000 they wanted last month).
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago I’m not usually on board with Rambone’s basketball pessimism but his take on the upcoming season is not out of the question. If you read what public health scientists say there’s a good chance there’s going to be a second round this winter combined with the typical flu season.
Oh I’m not saying he’s ridiculous with his take, it’s completely on the table that there won’t be fans in the stands any time soon, including college basketball.

But it doesn’t need to be posted every day, numerous times a day, in multiple threads a day.
Go Rhody
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Oh I’m not saying he’s ridiculous with his take, it’s completely on the table that there won’t be fans in the stands any time soon, including college basketball.

But it doesn’t need to be posted every day, numerous times a day, in multiple threads a day.
Bingo. Too bad me blocking him doesn’t spare me from his quoted posts. Dude literally posts the same shit, ad nauseam.

I digress.

Back to my hole.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

No doubt that COVID-19 and even the flu are serious threats along with hundreds of others potential dangers that we face on this planet but it is dangerous to get tunnel vision on COVID-19 and try to rebuild society around a response to it. If the US government does much more digital money printing we can count on massive inflation among other problems coming our way. Taken to the extreme our response could lead to an increase in a wide variety of societal ills. I could not give a damn about party politics in the USA and my opinions on this particular problem ,which will continue to evolve as reliable information is reported, are not formed on what any politicians are saying. I will be watching Sweden and a few other countries with keen interest.

If we have a season, I plan to be in attendance.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Aw c’mon guys don’t pick on ....bone. Just fight back with little humor or sarcasm he doesn’t bite.

And I ain’t going anywhere without a vaccine I’m super lucky to have the choice. Lotsa guitars, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc to keep me busy...but really miss the grandkids.

:(

Let’s play nice.

B safe.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I'm not so sure we will ever see a coronavirus vaccine. That's why we have Lysol. But I was involuntarily vacccinated against the plague, yellow fever and anthrax among many others.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Bone is ok, and he's not wrong to want to avoid the virus.

It's a big unknown.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

No doubt that COVID-19 and even the flu are serious threats along with hundreds of others potential dangers that we face on this planet but it is dangerous to get tunnel vision on COVID-19 and try to rebuild society around a response to it. If the US government does much more digital money printing we can count on massive inflation among other problems coming our way. Taken to the extreme our response could lead to an increase in a wide variety of societal ills. I could not give a damn about party politics in the USA and my opinions on this particular problem ,which will continue to evolve as reliable information is reported, are not formed on what any politicians are saying. I will be watching Sweden and a few other countries with keen interest.

If we have a season, I plan to be in attendance.
I'm right there with you. People politicizing this has been just awful, but what do you expect?

I have a Swedish friend and its remarkable how different their response has been on every level of society.

I'm feeling like sports will happen as scheduled or close to it. With limited fans probably.

Things have been trending in the right direction, especially compared to the doom and gloom from a month ago.
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

I have a Swedish friend and its remarkable how different their response has been on every level of society.

Yes and right now they have the highest death rate of all their neighbors. It will be interesting to see if it continues
to escalate over there or it levels off on it's own.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago I have a Swedish friend and its remarkable how different their response has been on every level of society.
These guys also celebrate the graduating of high school with a free for all, free love, orgy day that would make what the Amish do look like a Strawberry Shortcake amateur hour picnic in comparison.

So, they are a little "out there" on a few things.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Thanks for the support guys.

I realize I have a severe case of diarrhea of the keyboard, I am going to try to keep my compulsion under control in the future.

Try to, anyway.

As for DC, I also understand how posting from his mom's basement can be emotionally and stressfully challenging, in these trying times.

Just a little levity there guy, now don't you get all mad and stuff.

{yeah I have to see his posts that are quoted too]
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Ironically, I am one of the moderators for my town Facebook page, and you actually can see these people's real names and faces and they are way by far more brutal there than they ever are her on KB! We had to block a sociopathic woman last night. Times are unreal!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I just wish we could also get a side by side tracking with the flu to compare.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago I have a Swedish friend and its remarkable how different their response has been on every level of society.
These guys also celebrate the graduating of high school with a free for all, free love, orgy day that would make what the Amish do look like a Strawberry Shortcake amateur hour picnic in comparison.

So, they are a little "out there" on a few things.
Thats a bit of a stretch there.

They do dance around a fallace symbol and celebrate the summer solstice later on in the evening...
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Eh, I knew this girl on social media, and I got some of the "real" details.

But since this is a family friendly page, I'm not going go into those. It was enlightening to say the least. The pictorial review in particular.

We'll just agree to disagree on this one.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Rambone makes me feel loved for my exuberance for every thing URI!
NCAAs or Bust!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago I recently renewed my tickets. I asked how it's been going and they admitted that many fans haven't renewed due to the way our season ended and losing some fan favorites. People loved Toppin and no one knows if Fatts is coming back.

I'm also changing seats. I"m heading over to 211. I was in 204 and fans would yell at me to sit down when I was cheering for our home team. I really hope 211 has more energy.
Proud member of 211, and I stand often!!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago

211 is the place to be!!!!!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago I just wish we could also get a side by side tracking with the flu to compare.
Saw this data today blueram...for context, 30-60K die in typical flu season over the entire season. Covid has totaled 45,000 deaths in 1 month, with 90-95% of the country practicing isolation/stay-at-home orders for 30+ days. Not a big leap to see the threat here. Here's another one, in the worst week of the 2017-18 flu season (a particularly bad one) New York saw 445 deaths from flu/pneumonia and 3,500 from all other causes. Last week 4,700 people died in NY just from Covid-19. More than double the total deaths from all other causes and 10 times worse than a really bad week of flu related deaths.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

They lowered the projected death total from 100 k -240 k by Aug 4th to 60 k

We are at 47 k now so I think we get to that original 100 k number ??
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

Good! I’m in front of you in 110 so you’re gonna have to stand up once everyone else stands up because of me!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody22 wrote: 4 years ago

Good! I’m in front of you in 110 so you’re gonna have to stand up once everyone else stands up because of me!
Sorry, you can ask my seatmates and those behind me. I'm up all the time. I'm on the edge of my seat every play. This team and game gets me like that.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago I just wish we could also get a side by side tracking with the flu to compare.
Saw this data today blueram...for context, 30-60K die in typical flu season over the entire season. Covid has totaled 45,000 deaths in 1 month, with 90-95% of the country practicing isolation/stay-at-home orders for 30+ days. Not a big leap to see the threat here. Here's another one, in the worst week of the 2017-18 flu season (a particularly bad one) New York saw 445 deaths from flu/pneumonia and 3,500 from all other causes. Last week 4,700 people died in NY just from Covid-19. More than double the total deaths from all other causes and 10 times worse than a really bad week of flu related deaths.
I'm not trying to downplay it. It does seem to have a stronger impact. Any death is a tragedy for families. Just hope it goes away real soon so we can get back to living the good life.
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

My wife and I sit in 211.. we're up all the time.. not a real lively section. More enthusiasm is greatly appreciated.. biggest issue we have is we can't see big scoreboard..no one tells us to sit down. Plus have a good couple sitting in front of us.. Rhody Rhody Rhody..🏀🏀
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Row D where it’s at!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago Row D where it’s at!
I'm in row A, but in the cheap seats. Maybe one game I'll go down the row saying Bar!, Bar!. Just to say hi after 10+ years on Rhody boards.
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

I’m in 211 row C. Good section.
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Row D seats 1 & 2.. go keaney blue
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

In 211 also-Row E seats 18 and 19
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Section 110 Row E on the baseline. Nobody is on their feet more than me and no complaints from anyone.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Apparently I haven't looked at a ticket in 15 years because I'm in 212....got the Row D part right! Seems like there are a bunch of ya to my right.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

I also found this graphic to help differentiate covid from the flu.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago you boy's need to get off doombone's back!! He's a familiar and necessary part of this board. Not to mention, that nickname is ancient, at least a decade, it needs to be reserved for when rammy is being particularly doomy. I got your back rambone
Thanks for thinking of me. Made my day. smh
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago you boy's need to get off doombone's back!! He's a familiar and necessary part of this board. Not to mention, that nickname is ancient, at least a decade, it needs to be reserved for when rammy is being particularly doomy. I got your back rambone
ramster, I don't understand.

What did I say here that made you shake your head?

If folks gang up on you unfairly I'll get your back too.

Also I felt like pointing out that bone's nickname is not new.
and of course the whole post was meant to be lighthearted.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago
ramster, I don't understand.

What did I say here that made you shake your head?

If folks gang up on you unfairly I'll get your back too.

Also I felt like pointing out that bone's nickname is not new.
and of course the whole post was meant to be lighthearted.