Game 10: URI at Nebraska (Sunday, Dec. 13, 2 p.m., ESPN3)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Re: Game 10: URI at Nebraska (Sunday, Dec. 13, 2 p.m., ESPN3

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

ATPTourFan wrote:This chart, courtesy of KenPom.com, shows how Rhody was statistically in position to win the game until just the last 2 minutes.

the only stats you need are the effin FTs

JG HIT A FREE TRHOW PLEASE

BRICK CITY
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

HIT A FT

1:31 left in the game and we can't hit 2 FTs

SICK OF THIS SHIT

we are up 1 and our PG can't hit 2 FTs to put us up 3

1:31 Jarvis Garrett missed Free Throw. 65-64
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
Al Skinner is currently a head coach, he wouldn't have taken the assistant job, and ARD was instrumental in us landing Mike Layssard, a player that address a huge need, scoring inside. So your solution doesn't fix necessarily fix anything and hurts our recruiting.
You are missing the point. Al didn't have a gig the last four years. And it doesn't have to be Al. How many big games has this staff been through? Where they need to change the offensive script on the fly or in the last few minutes. And if it costs URI someone like Layssard (and who is to say it would or the next guy wouldn't be a decent recruiter) so be it. It's currently a fatal flaw of this team. A team that has a LOT going for it as far as talent and momentum. If this was football, we would all be calling for a new offensive coordinator. This is no different.
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

I was a lot more aggravated with those needless turnovers near the end and the amount of fouls than the FT shooting. The offense has done a lot more passing the last two games but they are not really penetrating or moving as much as I would like to see. I actually don't really get Hurley's style of offensive play. Maybe somebody here can explain it to me.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Crazy to think, if Garrett hit two FT's at the end, possible even ONE, we win this game.

Always seems to come down to one of two possessions...

Hurley wonders why nobody comes to the games? Example A is this game right here.
Go Rhody
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Time to stop thinking people should just show up,
because..........
Sports is entertainment. It competes with movies, and live shows
and other things for the entertainment dollar.
Now, tell the truth. If you were not a Rhody fan,
would you think the product is worthy of your time and money?
We're in the Steph Curry era of flashy bombs away basketball.
The book is being re-written, at least until the next big thing comes along.
People like to see the ball go through the hoop.
Our grind 'em out brick laying offense isn't going to put
fannies in the seats, unless you're winning all the time.
Just the facts of life in Ram land.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

It's a combination of things, as to why we keep losing tight games.

If it isn't FT's, it's fouling.

Or turnovers, or missing shots.

Take your pick. It's always something.

And yes, GBG, this staff needs someone who can develop a half court offense based on movement that will work against pressure late in games.

Wonder why we always miss shots at the end? The offense goes stagnant.

Players fault? Or coaches?

It's like the "prevent" defenses we see in the NFL. They don't work.

We play not to lose, instead of playing to win.

Rod, that's a function of the talent here. Dan recruits for defense first. Offense later.

As in the above, it's not working. Again, look at the NFL. Offense is up. Points are up. That's what people want to see.

What they see at our games, is like watching an elephant giving birth. Who wants to see that?

Give me the Iona style, with a little more defense though. Sort of like Bobby's team at Buffalo also.

WAY more exciting than what we're seeing. Defense keeps you in games, but it doesn't win games, unless you can score when it's needed the most.

We can't do that, so we don't win. And 50% from the FT line is a freaking joke, whether it's 4-8, or 15-30. Both will get you beat, especially when the opponent shoots them at 80% +.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote:Crazy to think, if Garrett hit two FT's at the end, possible even ONE, we win this game.

Hurley wonders why nobody comes to the games? Example A is this game right here.

and.. we would be 8-2... (valpo)
and.. we would be talking ncaa now...
and.. the school would make a ton of $

all because we can't hit FTs

somehow other teams can hit them and we can't

and don't give me this BS that we don't have the players to hit them

BS

look yourself in the mirror Hurley and get this fixed
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

I agree with Rod on the people wanting to see the ball in the hoop type of basketball. Next to URI, Davidson is my favorite A-10 team to watch play.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ElmCityRhody wrote:
Rhody15 wrote:Crazy to think, if Garrett hit two FT's at the end, possible even ONE, we win this game.

and.. we would be 8-2... (valpo)
and.. we would be talking ncaa now...
and.. the school would make a ton of $

all because we can't hit FTs

somehow other teams can hit them and we can't

and don't give me this BS that we don't have the players to hit them

BS

look yourself in the mirror Hurley and get this fixed

It also can be said, with or without EC, we could/maybe should be 9-1....
Go Rhody
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Think about this. What did we shoot from the line against Valpo, PC, and Nebraska?

And what did THEY shoot?

If they shot them at close to what we did, we would have won all 3 games.

But they didn't. Important? I'd say so.

In spite of all the other issues, that's the difference between this board going all gaga over our NCAA prospects, instead of depression and sadness at these losses.

We'd be 9-1. All hail URI and Dan! Best thing since sliced bread!

Instead, what have we got? I guess we could sit here and think, damn, our opponents NEVER miss their FT's.

There's a reason for that. Those teams went out and made sure they took advantage of a very important part of the game.

We don't deserve to win these games with this sorry-ass shooting from the line. There's going to be more of this in conference. Have fun.....

We have a PG that can barely make 60% of his FT's. And bricks them in crunch time over and over again....

We have a frontcourt that can't even make 50% of them. Most teams have one or two poor FT shooters. We have almost the ENTIRE team that can't.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Case in point.

Bentil and Bullock went 9-9 from the line. They beat us by 2. Big men to boot.

Watson, Hassan, and Iverson can barely make 9 FT's in 20 attempts!

NO fucking excuse. From Dan or any of you apologists on this board.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Free throws are a major problem--no question about it. If all this was happening with EC in the line up there would be reason to be upset with what has happened to date. Without him we would have had to play games at the highest level in order to have won them. Combine that with a few bad breaks and we are where we are.
I think the coaches should be commended for having the team in a position to win all games except the Maryland game.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I hate talking about free throws, but I have a theory. The two most important things when shooting a FT are concentration and relaxation (along with confidence). We have lots of guys playing lots of minutes at a high intensity level. Fatigue affects concentration. But that doesn't explain misses early in games. We have a highly intense coach who has us playing a highly intense style on defense. When we get to the line, it's very difficult to flip that switch from being very intense to being relaxed. I still think a shrink would help with both concentration and relaxation.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I agree with you 78.

But whatever the issue is, it has to get fixed at some point, or this team will never be as good as it could be.

Whether it's winning close games, the A10, the league tourney, or getting to the Dance and winning there.

It will NOT happen unless they get better, a lot better.
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

y
Billyboy78 wrote:I hate talking about free throws, but I have a theory. The two most important things when shooting a FT are concentration and relaxation (along with confidence). We have lots of guys playing lots of minutes at a high intensity level. Fatigue affects concentration. But that doesn't explain misses early in games. We have a highly intense coach who has us playing a highly intense style on defense. When we get to the line, it's very difficult to flip that switch from being very intense to being relaxed. I still think a shrink would help with both concentration and relaxation.
Jim Boeheim used to say Sherman Douglas made over 90% of his free throws in practice if he took 100 practice ones but if he took 10 after running up and down the court, he wasn't a great FT%. Some guys just have the ability to slow down their body on the line. The other thing is that JT, JG, Iverson are just not great shooters. It's easy to just say they need to get better but, if you lined up 350 D1 teams, someone has to be at the bottom, right? And, when your ballhandlers aren't great shooters, you aren't likely to be a great FT shooting team. I don't see this getting any better. The sample size is pretty significant at this point.
The other thing is that it's not just as easy as saying URI would be 9-1 if they made FTs. Other teams react to the score, too. Teams that are up slow down the pace, take worse shots in order to take 30 seconds off the clock.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

EC, blah ,blah, blah.
A few years ago, Tom Brady was out for the season.
One of the greatest QBs ever.
Did Belichick panic, wring his hands, curse the Gods?
No, he inserted Matt Cassel, a journeyman, at QB,rallied his players
to do their jobs and the team won 10 games that year.
The drop off from EC to Terrell isn't as drastic as
Brady to Cassel, yet all we hear is EC is gone, woe is us.
Enough!
"DO YOUR JOB", is a very simple, but real concept for success.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Wouldn't it be nice if, when we get fouled, we had a choice of going to the line or taking the ball out of bounds?

I guess after every loss we can count on hearing "if we only had EC" and "if we only made free throws"
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

I'll add 2 more points...

1) For a fan to point to FT shooting as a reason for losing is way too simplistic. It's like saying because a team doesn't shoot FT's well that you can't be a good team. There have been plenty of good to great teams who stunk at shooting FT's. So spare me the "if we made X number more FT's, we would be blah, blah..." I was on lousy FT shooting teams in my lifetime and there are ways to overcome. I never was on a team as a player where after I losing I said "Man, we lost because we missed free throws." That's weak. Excuses are for losers.

2) I'm starting to wonder what the excuses will be for next year? Let's be honest...EC coming off ACL surgery. Anybody got a list of college kids who have come back from ACL surgery better than they were before? If they did come back, how much rust was on their game? So to think EC comes back and everything is all better...keep dreaming. We'll hear the transfer (Stanley Robinson) thing about transfers needing time to adjust. There's another excuse. How 'bout "there's no team chemistry." The upper classmen will feel threatened by the incoming (talented) freshmen class.

I noted in the off-season that the halfcourt offense that Dan runs is dull and unimaginative. He hangs his at on defense. That's great but in this new year of getting offenses going in college basketball, URI is behind the times.
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

rodfromcranston wrote:EC, blah ,blah, blah.
A few years ago, Tom Brady was out for the season.
One of the greatest QBs ever.
Did Belichick panic, wring his hands, curse the Gods?
No, he inserted Matt Cassel, a journeyman, at QB,rallied his players
to do their jobs and the team won 10 games that year.
The drop off from EC to Terrell isn't as drastic as
Brady to Cassel, yet all we hear is EC is gone, woe is us.
Enough!
"DO YOUR JOB", is a very simple, but real concept for success.
I agree with you Rod. There is still a lot of talent on this team. I hate the Matt Cassell analogy that always gets kicked around, though. They won five less games than they year prior which is like winning ten less games in basketball. They took one of the greatest teams of the last generation and turned it into a non playoff team. Belichick didn't complain publicly but I guarantee he was like "Son of a b*tch" in his head every time Cassell threw up a duck.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

That half court offense Dan runs is fine for the first 35 minutes, but then...

what happens? Poor shooters happen, especially when they're standing around.

What does Cox do? Does he have any input with the offense? Or is it like it's Dan's way or the highway?

I'm sorry, but just because most of the team aren't good shooters, is no reason to use that as an excuse when it comes to FT shooting.

Poor FT shooters can get better. It doesn't have to be a huge improvement, but it's got to be some.

A team whose guards can't shoot from the field or the line, isn't going to go anywhere in this age of better offenses. Too many limitations.

Nebraska stole that game from the line. When's the last time we did that?
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Well, that season bought Matt Cassel enough money
to live comfortably for the rest of his life.
They almost made the playoffs.
How many teams in the NFL win 10 games?
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

To take it a step further, how many teams win 10 games with a backup quarterback?
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

In the NFL nowadays, it's all about offense. Some of the scores almost look like our BB scores.

There really aren't any great defenses anymore with the rules as they are.

And you can't win consistently now, unless you can score, no matter the defense.

A good analogy when it comes to college hoop, too.

We are the poster boy for good D, no O. Dan knows his stuff when it comes to D. On O, he needs help.

How do you make up for some of our lack of scoring from the field? Those "free" shots again.

Some teams do that. Not us.

Hell, that year the Pats went 11-5, and didn't make the playoffs. How often does that happen?

It's all about the system. Belichek gets it. He plugs in guys who are journeymen elsewhere, and wins with them.

Then he lets them go before they become too expensive, and they revert to being nobodies with their new teams. It's no fluke.

He also was known as a defensive guru. I would say he's adapted to the times pretty well. His offenses are among the most efficient and creative in football. Most likely because he goes out and gets assistants who know offense.

Sort of what Dan needs to do, I would think.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

The Patriots actually were 11-5 with Cassel but missed the playoffs by losing the tiebreakers with Miami for the division and Baltimore for the wild card. But that's another story.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I think our team has shown better balance offensively without EC. So many times last year we would just watch him go one and one at the end of the shot clock and hope for the best. Now we have five guys scoring in double figures. I love EC and I miss him, but stop with if we had him we would of won talk. Iverson has shown he can be dominate in different ways then EC on the offensive end. We have the talent to win against PC, Valpo, Nebraska but we find ways to lose every time!
With Earl in there we were scoring or getting fouled every time down the court with the pick and roll! How did our staff not see this??? It's like once there is 10 mins left in the game we completely lose our identity and it's Garrett driving to the hoop to be the hero. How many times did we rush up the court with a forced drive or turnover when we had the LEAD!!! Slow it down control the clock and run good offensive sets!
I thought our team would have some veterans that wouldn't let that happen. Yes Hass had an awful call, but you can't slam the ball like that! So many things I could say that blew our game yesterday so I'm going to just stop now.
Last edited by steveystuds06 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Is KI the closest thing we have to the offense first kinda player that can be coached up on the defense....?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

studs06, you are exactly right, but why didn't Dan tell these guys to do just that?

Isn't that coaching?

Or did he try, and they just ignored him?

Garrett was advertised as having a high BB IQ. Just when he should be using that, he loses his mind, and nothing is done about it....

I would think he should have been sitting next to Dan for a while, to get the point....
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

In many ways, Garrett is the most important Ram.
He can also be the best player on this team at times.
Just needs to be more consistent.
What's troubling is, this is the second game he could have made
two free throws near the end, and got zero.
I don't want him to sit, because we don't have a true PG to back
him up.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

That's the thing, Rod. At times he shows the skills of a very good PG.

He just doesn't show it when it counts that often. That's troubling for sure.

That, and his continued poor FT shooting, especially late.

He's a good player. But not good enough when we need him to be.......
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Garret is a huge piece. We look stagnant without him. The way he outplayed Dunn shows that he can be an all-conference type of player. He has the talent of a star but the mindset of a beginner at times. It's his mistakes in crucial situations that have stopped us from being where we should be. Obviously we can't put all the blame on him because he has put us in many situations to win, but we all know if our pg can't make the right pass, hit the big FT, run the correct offensive sets we won't win the big games.

Hurley got outcoached at the end. When Nebraska put in two small quick guards we couldn't defend them.. Why??? He left Four on one of them. Thompson is already a much faster and better defender than Four. He has shown that he can hit the open shot. Opposing teams still aren't aware of that. When they see Four they are overplaying him, with Thompson out there he would of had better looks. If you want Four on offense do defensive offensive substitutions... Teams do it alllll the time!! I’m sorry but this is basic stuff that our staff needs to see!!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Thompson can also go to the basket, which Four can't.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

And he can make free throws.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Dan can be a little stubborn at times.

He will adjust and put CT in more as time goes on, but at what cost in the short run?
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Wow this board is in some kind of place. Whole team choked down the stretch. Terrell driving and jumping out of bounds was a cop out because he is scared to finish when someone is at the rim. That was a choke.

Iverson let Shields steal that first pass and watched shields go coast to coast.

Garret choked on the 1and1.

Hassan was immature with foul trouble albeit criminal reffing. The Technical was his fault.

Four is just not an athlete. Certainly overmatched.

Dan calling the timeout after shields missed the first foul shot was insane to me. Like once they got the ball over the half they must have thought it would be nice to have a timeout. Especially with a team like ours.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yeah that was the worst coaching I've seen from Dan. Keeping Thompson on the bench. The timeout as well. He looked great out there offensively and defensively. This loss just sucked the life out of me though. I was ready for us to go on a long win streak and start making some noise. It hurts to be an optimistic ram.
Gotta stick with them through thick and thin though. It ain't over yet.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Seawrightspostgame wrote:Wow this board is in some kind of place. Whole team choked down the stretch. Terrell driving and jumping out of bounds was a cop out because he is scared to finish when someone is at the rim. That was a choke.

Iverson let Shields steal that first pass and watched shields go coast to coast.

Garret choked on the 1and1.

Hassan was immature with foul trouble albeit criminal reffing. The Technical was his fault.

Four is just not an athlete. Certainly overmatched.

Dan calling the timeout after shields missed the first foul shot was insane to me. Like once they got the ball over the half they must have thought it would be nice to have a timeout. Especially with a team like ours.

good point about the Timeout..

I thought the same thing at the time
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

It's tough to be a Ram and a NY Giant fan right now.

Both teams have coaches [and teams] who do a lot of good things, but they're not good at end of game situations....

How much more does Dan have to learn? He's got a far piece to go...as they say in the country....
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Well, that season bought Matt Cassel enough money
Enough to keep the Patriots out of the playoffs. They won 62.5% of their games that year. If we win 19 games this year we'll have almost the same winning percentage. Technically 19.375 wins would give us the same percentage. It sounds like people would be pretty upset with that outcome, so the 2008 Patriots really aren't a great comparison if you're happy with their season but potentially upset about a 20 win season for us.
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

rambone 78 wrote:That half court offense Dan runs is fine for the first 35 minutes, but then...

what happens? Poor shooters happen, especially when they're standing around.

What does Cox do? Does he have any input with the offense? Or is it like it's Dan's way or the highway?

I'm sorry, but just because most of the team aren't good shooters, is no reason to use that as an excuse when it comes to FT shooting.

Poor FT shooters can get better. It doesn't have to be a huge improvement, but it's got to be some.

A team whose guards can't shoot from the field or the line, isn't going to go anywhere in this age of better offenses. Too many limitations.

Nebraska stole that game from the line. When's the last time we did that?
Can you show me some stats about how good this halfcourt offense has been under Dan? Point per possession? Offensive efficiencies? FG%? Assists? Assist/TO? What % of baskets come from assists?
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

The point that you seem to have missed is,
the entire season failed to collapse because the best
player was out.
They actually won 11 games and one of the few times in
NFL history that a team winning that many didn't make the playoffs.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Yea most franchises are shooting for 11 wins.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
Enough to keep the Patriots out of the playoffs. They won 62.5% of their games that year. If we win 19 games this year we'll have almost the same winning percentage. Technically 19.375 wins would give us the same percentage. It sounds like people would be pretty upset with that outcome, so the 2008 Patriots really aren't a great comparison if you're happy with their season but potentially upset about a 20 win season for us.
C'mon man that was the first 11-win team since the expansion to a 12-team playoff to not make the playoffs. Matt Cassel did more then enough to make the playoffs. We will rarely see an 11 win team not make the playoffs. Our playoffs is the NCAA tournament how's that looking now??
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

luke wrote:The way I see it, the team is shooting much better this year, but maybe the defensive effort is not
as intense as last season. URRI looked great at times offensively today. whenever they start building
a lead they seem to lose concentration and thr turnovers and forced shots start to creep in. It makes
me think that they feel as if they aren't deserving to win certain games so they create mistakes to hold
them back. When that is happening the problem is a lack of confidence. They don't believe they are good
enough yet, so they aren't good enough. When a team constantly loses these close games that is usually
the reason. They are afraid to commit to winning by believing they will win and deserve to win and every
bad break ( a bad call, missed ft, a turnover) confirms their suspicions. Things can still change before this
season ends. what they need is for a couple good teams to have bad games against them. acouple good wins
could turn things around. Hey, Dayton lost at HOME to Chatanooga. And St. Joes beat Temple. Lot of games to play still. Have to hope
for good things to start happening. I am a fan, what other choice do I have?

For me, it doesn't seem so much that they don't believe their deserving to win or lack confidence, it's more that they just don't know HOW to close out these games. It's like once they get a decent lead they get a little too comfortable, maybe lose some intensity and start making bone headed plays. The root cause of that I have no explanation for. Fatigue (mental and/or physical)? Poor game management/play calling from the staff? And then everything becomes compounded and "tighter" with each missed FT (which has become the norm). One would think some of this is fixable and able to be improved upon. I'm just not sure I believe it at this point...at least not until I see something different in closing out one of these games again't a tougher opponenet. The Houston game was heading in this same direction last week, but luckily Houston shot pretty poorly down the stretch (FG and FT), so we were able to hold on.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

With the Nebraska game in the books, there are now just 12 teams (out of 351) that have a worse free throw shooting percentage than URI. The Rams are shooting .599 (151-252) from the stripe which ranks #339 in D1. Our free throw shooting woes are however made even worse when considering the fact that we have gone to the ft line more frequently than most teams thus far. 252 fta ranks #30 in D1.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... /count/321
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote:With the Nebraska game in the books, there are now just 12 teams (out of 351) that have a worse free throw shooting percentage than URI. The Rams are shooting .599 (151-252) from the stripe which ranks #339 in D1. Our free throw shooting woes are however made even worse when considering the fact that we have gone to the ft line more frequently than most teams thus far. 252 fta ranks #30 in D1.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... /count/321
That's called coaching by the opposition
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

Rod, I'm sure Belichick,wqs ready to pull put his hair when Brady went dpwn, and probably sees 2008 as a wasted ,opportunity after 18-1. Cassel did a decent job and was in the right place.
I like Hurley ut would not say s name in the same coaching breath as Belichick.I wish I could.
And while Brady was headed to the Hall of Fame by 2008, other players that year included Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Vince Wilfork and Richard Seymour. I don't think the remaining 2015-16 Rams are similar.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Once more (this is getting absurd)
it was losing his key player and continuing
on to have a decent year, anyway.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

steveystuds06 wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:
C'mon man that was the first 11-win team since the expansion to a 12-team playoff to not make the playoffs. Matt Cassel did more then enough to make the playoffs. We will rarely see an 11 win team not make the playoffs. Our playoffs is the NCAA tournament how's that looking now??
I think the point is that with Brady that team would have won 13 or 14 games and without him they won 11 and missed the playoffs. It is almost exactly analogous to our situation losing EC - we will probably win a respectable number of games considering we lost our best player, but fall short of the playoffs. I think Rod was trying to make the opposite point, but it looks like it is going to be a very apt comparison.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
BornNBred33
Steve Chubin

Unread post by BornNBred33 »

Yes, this sucks, but lets hope they use this game as a jump off and rattle off a bunch of games. Lastly, the fact that people are even mentioning CFL right now is such a joke. Deep breaths people, everything is going to be OOOOKAYYYY.