Game #6: Auburn University

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Re: Game #6: Auburn University

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Way to grind home the victory boys !!!
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Who was the fan across from our bench that was whooping it up on every one of our baskets? Was that you Ramtastico? Did you bring your nitro?

By the way, thanks for the free link, whoever posted it. The feed was tremendous.
Last edited by RAM67 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Issac wrote:This team deserves a standing "O" when they first come on the floor on Wednesday night against George Mason. Great, gutsy win after 5 tough losses.
Yeah, I'll be cheering and clapping loudly from a standing position, for sure!
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

rodfromcranston wrote:TP, I'm so sick and tired of your sanctimonious attitude.
I said Powell's PLAY was disgusting, I didn't say he as a person was.
You got made some kind of sub moderator, and you act like it's a Cabinet post.
Constantly talking down to posters, as if your somehow, better than us.
You want to pontificate, find a religious board to write on.
You don't like what I write? Too damned bad!
Rod, first of all, this is not personal for me. I like you as a poster. You bring character to the board. But what you post here is not beyond rebuke. I would have said the same thing in response to what was said, no matter who said it.

Second, I was asked to help manage threads because two guys can't possibly be expected to keep up with everything that goes on on the board. I'm a maintenance person here, not a cop. And I am baffled about what that has to do with what I said about your post. I was giving my opinion as a poster; I wasn't acting in my capacity as a moderator. (I didn't delete or edit your post, which would be an abuse of that capacity.)

Now, as a poster here I am entitled to my opinion as much as anyone else is. And my opinion is that it is completely inappropriate and classless for an adult to describe a student athlete's play as "disgusting." Its just a very poor choice of words (maybe "disappointing" or "uninspiring" would have fit better?). I think our fans should be better than that.

If he was not trying hard, or you thought he was shaving points, or he was in some other way acting to embarrass the program and the school, MAYBE that would rise to a level that you could call "disgusting." Saying his play is disgusting because you don't think he's good enough - especially when he is being asked to do more than he is capable of and he is doing it without complaint and with maximum effort - is, quite frankly, disgusting. The kid is out there busting his ass for my alma mater. If you want to criticize his play? Fine. But find a more appropriate way to do it. Otherwise I'm going to defend him. All of our players deserve better than that from our fans.

The irony of you criticizing someone else for talking down to posters and acting as the thought police is lost on you, I'm sure.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I mean, that is just ridiculous :-)

(the shot from X, that is)
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

Steve McDonald was much more excited that the three went in :lol:
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I think its great watching Jordan Hare progress game by game. Regardless of what else goes on, he could be our best shot blocker since Kenny Green. That has to be exciting on some level. Now put X and 3 other ballers around him and its go time!!! I will wait for next year and enjoy the little things in between.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Before the old timers go too crazy, what I meant to say before i erroneously hit send was that "he could become our best shot blocker since Kenny Green. " Clearly not ready to even put him within a whiff of KG, one of my all time favorite rams (for many others i am sure)
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Thx for posting that vid..

Wow X.. Wow

I wish we had more than just 2 years of X
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

giovanni wrote: Fair enough TP. I just look at these comments as negative and unfair to a new regime. My view is, yes, nobody enjoys losing and morale victories last only so long, but I love what I am seeing with this team. I want to give the players themselves great credit and also I believe it is a great reflection on the staff and the attitude they have instilled. To make comments aforementioned, in my opinion, is not fair to kids or staff. Be happy, this team will surprises some teams in weeks to come.
Gio, we are really in agreement. I couldn't be happier for the kids for their win tonight, or more excited for our future with Coach Hurley. As I said before, nobody is more confident in and supportive of this staff than I am. After every loss this season, I came on here and said essentially the same thing: hurts to lose games you could have won, but doesn't change the fact that we're moving in the right direction.

I think after the Baron years there is some residual tension between perceived factions of posters, but it seems to me that just about everyone is on the same page now and everyone is on board with where things are going. Maybe we're expressing it in slightly different ways, but I haven't seen any regulars post anything outwardly critical or questioning of this staff since they were hired.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Oh, goody!
Now we're splitting semantics.
I'll say what I think.
Don't like it, don't read it.
I'm taking it personally.
Maybe that's lost on YOU!
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EasyEdBrown »

rodfromcranston wrote:It's a message board and some bozo wants us to act in lock step , and never try to offend anyone.
Please!
Talk about trying to be a damper on a great night.
Just go away!
That's not an accurate representation of what I said. I'm saying there wasn't a discussion, there was a petty argument.

It wasn't a talk about the game, it was about shouting down people who reasonably disagree with you.
Last edited by EasyEdBrown 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"it makes me smile knowing the A10 is doomed" --Brutus
Essam
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Essam »

Rod
DLTMBGUD
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

I was just thinking how awesome it would be to see that shot...great post!

There's so much to love about this team. They're so likable, so much fun to root for. I love their heart. I'm not saying they learned it from their coach, but he sure as hell got them to find it.

Awesome. Just plain f-ing awesome.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Malone's put together a nice few games.

I wonder if we'll continue to see Nik come off the bench, It's kind of a big move that really hasn't been discussed too much.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Easy Ed, I wasn't remotely referring to you.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ace wrote:Malone's put together a nice few games.

I wonder if we'll continue to see Nik come off the bench, It's kind of a big move that really hasn't been discussed too much.
It wouldn't surprise me if he replaces Brooks in the lineup at some point going forward. Hare as a starter has really worked, and the way the minutes are shaking out anyway, the top four - Powell, Munford, Malone and Malesevic, in that order - are playing about 32 to 40 minutes (80 to 100 percent) at their respective positions. Malesevic's minutes only seem limited by his off-the-court behavior and foul trouble. If he can stop with the stupid reaches and poor attempts at drawing charges, he probably plays as much as everyone else.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Bar with you on the progression of Hare. And it's coming quickly. Obviously he needs to bulk up, but there he definitely has a nice skill set and is gaining confidence with each game as well.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rodfromcranston wrote:Oh, goody!
Now we're splitting semantics.
I'll say what I think.
Don't like it, don't read it.
I'm taking it personally.
Maybe that's lost on YOU!
I'm not going to do a back-and-forth with you ad nauseum. Nobody wants to read our argument. So, last thing from me on this point:

I understand you're an excitable guy and you're passionate about URI basketball, which I like. But try to keep in mind that these are just kids. They're college students. Obviously we're here to share our opinions, for better or worse, and sometimes that is going to include constructive criticism. But as a community invested in the success of the program, if we can't always be supportive we should at least strive to not be needlessly insulting.
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

rodfromcranston wrote:Easy Ed, I wasn't remotely referring to you.
My messageboarding has been shit lately. I'm sorry.

I'm like Ryan Brooks right now.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Could be worse, Ed.
You could be like Powell.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Observations from the game tonight which I was able to sneak in with my work travel schedule:
- Introductions for the Auburn Players includes some firework type stuff that they put on top of each backboard support. Strange because this creates quite a bit of smoke that was still lingering in the air at the start of the game tip off.
- Jordan started but came out after only 3 minutes
- Strange to have two intentional fouls in the first half on Rhody. One was a bad foul by Mike on a breakaway which Mike could have made to not look so intentional. The second was very strange 30 feet from the hoop when the Auburn player got by our guy (might have been Nik not sure) and we grabbed the players jersey - just holding on to it - I have never seen a call like that before which led to FT's and Auburn's ball. Clearly Dan was not happy either and looked incredulous at the officials.
- Noel Johnson and Jordan Price were unconscious with the 3 ball. The stats showed Johnson 4-6 and Price 5-8 but it felt like they never missed.
- Starting line up was Hare, Powell, Brooks, Munford and Malone.........however Nik started for Brooks to begin the 2nd half so it will be interesting to see if Nik starts for Brooks Wed night
- Defensive intensity was very strong by both teams - Auburn's Defense was particulary suffocating
- Fans were on Malone even before the game started. Once at the FT line they were chanting "quitter". They were all very aware that Andre transferred out 2 years ago in December 2010.
- Andre played a very steady game with 8 strong rebounds, 3 assists and no turnovers in 42 minutes. Dan made some very good substitutions late in the game and in the OT's knowing Andre had 4 fouls
- Mike Powell. Was extremely tired at the end having played a game high 47 minutes. He was visably exhausted. Once on a break Mike had Xavier wide open on the left set up for an open 3 but Mike fired a bullet pass to Brooks cutting the lane which Ryan could never have handled. The pass was much too hard for most any player to handle and it flew OB. Mike had some TO's for sure (6) but also had 6 assists including a nice feed to Hare and a nice pass in OT to the top of the key for Nik to hit a huge 3. I am not the biggest Mike fan, BUT having watched the extremely tough D put on by Auburn I think that Mike was very valuable tonight. Nobody on our current team could have handled the pressure of bringing the ball up as well as Mike in my opinion. Another consideration is that Frankie Sullivan, Auburn's Senior PG has had his last 3 games of 24 pts vs Charleston, 23 versus Dayton and 23 @ Boston College. Frankie is easily Auburn's best player, however, in 45 minutes tonight Frankie went for only 7 points, 6 assists and 6 turnovers - exactly the same Assists and TO's as Powell. Frankie went 1-9 on 3 pointers and the one three that he hit was a terrible looking double pump off balance shot that he got off just before the shot clock buzzer with Powell all over him. Mike played very good defense on Frankie. So not only did Powell have the job of bringing the ball up under pressure for 47 minutes but the Defense was a big chore as well. I gained more respect for Mike after tonight as he played his heart out.
- Shot clock violations - I think we had 3 and 2 of those were in the first 5 minutes of the game
- Munford - Gio and Rod - Seems to be some confusion here. I said before the game in the Auburn thread that Xavier was hitting 7-37 for 18% so far and I did compare this to Holton's 3 point production last season. I did this because there has been no commentary about his shooting proficiency for 3's up to now yet Holton was blasted continually for his 18% shooting. Of course they play different positions, my point was more along the lines that no comments had been made. I also said in the same "breath" (which seems lost here) that Xavier shot 37% last year in JUCO so the potential was there and he could be due for a break out game anytime and even predicted that it could be tonight - and here tonight we got it as Xavier went for 8-15 raising his 3 point percentage to 29% and jumped his scoring ave to 17 ppg.
I also predicted that URI would win this game tonight. In addition, I certainly didn't pick Munford to average 19.6 ppg if I did not think he was talented - having seen him play several times prior to the season start I knew he was going to be our best scorer. A big play for Xavier came in the first half when he stole the ball and went the length of the court for the layin.
As for the OT when Xavier hit the 3 to tie the game at the buzzer: Tony Barbee had called the time out after Auburn had hit a FT to go up by 3. I was very scared that Auburn was going to foul us and send us to the line for 2 with just seonds to go. Same thing that I thought we should have done last game. Amazing to me was that Auburn did not foul and Xavier was able to get the 3 off and hit it - unbelievable shot and huge elation from the URI bench.
Some great Coaching by Dan when URI had only 5 Team Fouls and we were forced to quickly foul to be able to send Auburn to the line. One of the fouls came without a tick off the clock - on the inbounds try. So you really see Dan, Bobby and Preston thinking and making moves in real time very very well. They are totally engaged in every possession of the game both offensive and defensive.

If you told me before the game that Noel Johnson would go for 13 and Jordan Price would go for 19 I'd say almost impossible for us to win but who would believe that Sullivan would only get 7 in a double OT game? Got to give credit to Powell and the other guards for holding Auburn's star to 7 points.

On the way out I heard Auburn fans talking about the rough weekend -of course referring to getting pummeled by Alabama and then the URI loss.

Proud of our URI Rams, Players and Coaching staff to come on the road and defeat an SEC team. Thor was on hand to congratulate the team.
Realtime RPI has the A10 the 6th ranked conference while the SEC is 7th - this win only helps to solidify that Conference ranking.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great win !!! First of many in the Hurley era !!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Powell had the assist of the night to set up Nik for an open three in OT. Also, its clear this team would be in deep shit without him, he's the only competent PG we have, as evidenced by the fact that he's playing like 38 minutes per. I'm not even going to entertain a single post about Powell which does not address his overall importance to this team and only criticizes his play. He's doing his job well, at a high level, against good competition and with very little rest. He's 6 games into his sophomore season and he's one of the better PG's in the A10.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Running Ram wrote:Powell had the assist of the night to set up Nik for an open three in OT. Also, its clear this team would be in deep shit without him, he's the only competent PG we have, as evidenced by the fact that he's playing like 38 minutes per. I'm not even going to entertain a single post about Powell which does not address his overall importance to this team and only criticizes his play. He's doing his job well, at a high level, against good competition and with very little rest. He's 6 games into his sophomore season and he's one of the better PG's in the A10.
Agree that there is not a back up to Powell. We would have been in trouble bringing the ball up the court last night without him. There are parts of his play that could improve, but I'll emphasize again that he went up against one of the best PG's in the SEC who had averaged 23 points in his last 3 games and last night Frankie Sullivan only got 7 in a double OT game. Powell played his heart out on defense often picking his man up at half court and sticking with him very tough.
Dan, Bobby and Preston were all Point Guards and Mike Powell is playing 47 minutes out of 48 on the team coached by these guys - pretty much makes the statement right there.
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Tuned into the broadcast during the first OT. These guys are fighters and they finally got a reward for it. Congrats to the coaches and players who are working hard and hopefully the results will continue to get better.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Ramster, thanks for the post - jealous you got to see the first win!

SG - I think a lot of Hare's growth and development has been because he's been playing the 4 with Brooks on the floor as well. He doesn't have to be the big body and can just worry about boards and swats. At 200 lbs he's really only going to be an effective 4, especially in OOC play.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Line for Mason game??
Ram logo via Grist 1938
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

rodfromcranston wrote:Could be worse, Ed.
You could be like Powell.
I'm 6'3...even I know not to dribble directly into guys that are 5 inches taller than me.
RhodyRam2011
Abdul Fox

Unread post by RhodyRam2011 »

Are there any post-game comments or video from Hurley?
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

After every game, I go on KenPom and take a look at the numbers.

Given that sample size problems exist, the things that really stand out...
*Mike Powell has played 92.7% of URI's minutes. This is 17th in the country
*The good...they are in the top 125 of the country in taking care of the basketball (72nd), offensive rebounding (124th), and opponents free throw rate (89th)
*The bad...they are in the bottom 125 of the country in Defensive efficency (251st), Offensive shooting (289th), free throw rate (255th), forcing turnovers (310th). and defensive rebounding (263rd).

So as poor as some of their numbers look...there are a lot of diamonds in the rough.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Ramster and RR are in love with Powell.
The reason he plays so many minutes is, he's the ONLY PG on the roster!
If you think ONE assist for a PG vs. Loyola in 40 minutes is getting it done,
then you are clueless.
If you think getting 6 assists in 47 minutes is wonderful, ditto. If you think not making free throws is a good thing, ditto.
If you think missing open layups, driving into traffic and getting snuffed out, and throwing the ball away
is great PG play, you are clueless. If you think throwing two inbounds passes away against Loyola is good PG play, I wonder
what you'd think is poor play.
If you think anything I'm saying here is so terrible, you should have heard some of the conversations at Ryan the other night.
Now this worshipper is saying Powell is some great defensive wiz. He gets destroyed game after game by whoever his opposite number is.
3.3 assists per game is a very low number for a PG, even on as poor and offense as we have.
Nobody ever said he didn't play hard, or that he didn't want to win
or that he's not a good teammate.
The same can be said of all these guys.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

While I think Powell is a work in progress at best, and I agree with a lot of points Rod said - at the same time he had to play against a Frankie Sullivan who was averaging 20ppg for 45 mins. The one three he hit was a lucky circus shot with powell all over him.

I've seen a lot of good from Powell this year, you can see the coaching coming through at points - but you can also see a lot of the Baronball coming through.

It's got to be tough to a) be the only point guard on the roster b) unlearn all the bad habits you developed or "learned" playing in Baron's "system" over an entire season. You can't expect a complete turn around in 6 games, but you can expect to see signs of progress.

I think I've seen that.

Yeah he makes dumb plays, he's basically a true freshman in this system. But he's gotten better with the basketball.

Not saying he's playing great bball all the time, but he's had flashes. I think the Hurley's will get him together by the time the A-10 schedule starts.

Give to Rhody's NIL
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I was expecting a rapid improvement for Powell this year simply because Bobby Hurley is now on the coaching staff. Being that it hasn't happened, either A. my expectations were too high and it is a work in progress, or B. Powell just doesn't possess the skill set to be the PG we all want him to be. Not sure which one is correct just yet - time will tell, I suppose.
HobbyBurley
Jeff Kent

Unread post by HobbyBurley »

section(105) wrote:Line for Mason game??
If I had to guess I'd say Mason is probably going to be favored by 2-3. Could be way off but they beat Virginia and only lost by 1 vs New Mexico (UNM has already beaten UCONN and Davidson).

But, Mason just played Boston University at home and only won by 3, and had some ugly stats: 16 turnovers, 12 assists. 2-16 from 3.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Rod, its always about tone for me, I like to keep in mind we are talking about kids in development, I have no problem with evaluation of players and opinions based on those evaluations. My thing with Powell is he's my height! haha so now you know. Seriously though he is being called upon to do some real heavy lifting and he's getting a little tired at moments. I really don't care so much about the break down of the numbers at this point, we can revisit that conversation towards the end of the season if you like. For now I only know he has been steady, has shown improvement and we would be royally screwed without him at this point. No one ever said he was going to be the second coming of Tyson Wheeler. I personally think a small part of the issue is that as a team Rhody is much less frustrating, making far fewer baseless and stupid plays than in years passed, so when they do happen at this point they stand out.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

The issue with Powell is that his ceiling is probably a serviceable, middle-of-the-road A10 PG, and he is currently being asked to play superstar minutes while directing an offense that is severely lacking legitimate firepower. Nik and X are undoubtedly our best offensive players, but neither of them are all-Americans, either. And we have zero inside presence on offense.

Not only is Powell still learning the position, he is being asked to carry the load at the position all by himself. I think it would be hard for a good veteran PG make this team look very good on offense. I think Powell is doing a commendable job at this point. Plenty of room for improvement, to be sure, but we can say that about any position on the floor with this team.

You can see that this team works their asses off and they are pretty disciplined and they are very well coached, but the talent deficit and the lack of depth are real and they most likely aren't going away this year.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

RR, and TP, you are both 100% correct.
I think Munford could be a legitimate star, with a better cast around him.
This team makes far fewer errors than the previous team, and those made at crucial times stand out
like sore thumbs.
There have been small PGs who were very good players.
Tyson was only 5'10", Silk weighed 155lbs. Those were 40 minute players.
I think what really bothers me is the head down, driving into trees, and getting turned over
or blocked.
Bobby told me that was one of the things they were going to work on.
He said, pull up jumpers or floaters in the lane. Haven't seen that.
It's like Powell feels he has to challenge the other team's bigs
and make a spectacular scoop shot or layup.
It's just counterproductive, and you'd hope he'd learn it's not working.
He played very well last weekend until crunch time and reverted to 2011 form
at the end of the game. Same with NSU.
If they can get through to him on the driving up the middle,
his game would be fine.
Every player makes mistakes. It's the mistakes you know he's been told about, and
keeps repeating that is so maddening.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

for me powell has two glaring holes in his game....first his decision making. it is average to poor. he doesnt have the natural instincts to "draw and dish", he tends to draw and shoot which results in blocked shots or incredibly difficult shots at the rim against much taller opponents. He has taken about 3-4 floaters this year, so clearly Bobby is getting through since last year he took none. But he needs to stop at the foul line and go up or if he is going to try to get to the rim he has to do so with an eye towards dishing. jordan hare should be getting 5 dunks a game, just lob it up the kid on most nights can get higher than anyone else. a lot of the poor decision making can be traced back to him not being a natural PG, hopefully EC doesnt encounter the same issues as he moves from the 2 to the 1.

second is his outside shot, it is wildly inconsistent. a 5'10" PG that cant stroke the 3 is in for a world of hurt at this level. we cite tyson and silk as two guys that excelled even at smaller stature, very true, but they were both above average outside shooters. to me powell is a below average outside shooter who seems more comfortable going to the hoop. that is a problem.

i do think that having X or TJ doing the heavy lifting at PG would be a disaster. for X it would take away from his offensive game and overall energy to have to take the ball up the court and run the offense. and TJ just isnt quick or crafty enough to run an offense. so we have to stick with mike and hope our guys can coach him up!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Will Powell get better with coaches who were college guards? He should. It is difficult to get assists when your teammates can't make shots. As shooting improves, so should the number of assists for Powell. I thought Penders said Powell was a talented PG? Was Tom wrong? Certainly Mathrews will give Mike competition next season.
NCAAs or Bust!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

One thing I think we can say for certain. Next year, no matter who ends up our starting PG, both Mike and EC will be better players for having competed against each other for the spot. Mike will be able to teach EC much about what he has learned from his new coaches, which will help EC transform into more of a Hurley-compatible point guard. Mike will improve his game having to deal with the larger and more physically gifted/talented freshman EC in practice.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Ramulous
Sly Williams

Unread post by Ramulous »

I like the fact that XM considers Nik his bro.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

'67, I was sitting with RRudder behind our bench with Thor. Agree with Ramster's analysis. Got to talk with Andre's dad, who was sitting right next to the loud students at half court booing AM's every move. Dad thought it was fun; nice to be remembered! As far as the crowd, this is SEC football country and everyone was hungover from the end of a BAD loss and season, plus it was a "buy" game on a Sunday afternoon, so I was surprised there was that many there. The team chartered down and stayed at the Marriott at Grand National golf course, so there was not too much strain travel wise.
Now here is my confession: I had to leave with about 5 minutes left in the second half because my nephew (Auburn grad) had to make his flight to Dallas and booked that one as the original schedule said a 4pm Eastern(3 central)
start! Thank God for IHeart radio so we could hear the rest from the car! A few years from now I will brag that I was at the whole game and saw our first win of the Hurley era as I rushed the court at the end. BTW I have 3 mint tickets I will sell for $100 each.... I will be in town for the PC game and will stay the whole game for sure.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Haha! Great story, Ramtastico. I chilled with Rudder earlier this season down in Sec 104 in Kingston.
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

I don't know if this was mentioned, but X's 8 three pointers was one behind the record set by Tyson.
Keep it up, X!
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

neil wrote:I don't know if this was mentioned, but X's 8 three pointers was one behind the record set by Tyson.
Keep it up, X!
What a sick game that was when he did that. 9pm start on ESPN. ARD was fanning him with a towel when he was getting off.

Give to Rhody's NIL
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Highest 3pt FG total since Jimmy Baron drained 8 vs. Duquesne (March 12, 2009). Akeem Richmond put down 7 threes vs vs. Lafayette (Dec. 22, 2010).

Also, first Rhody player to score 33 since Delroy James vs. Drexel (Nov. 24, 2010).

Stats courtesy URI Athletics Communications Dept.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ATPTourFan wrote:Highest 3pt FG total since Jimmy Baron drained 8 vs. Duquesne (March 12, 2009). Akeem Richmond put down 7 threes vs vs. Lafayette (Dec. 22, 2010).

Also, first Rhody player to score 33 since Delroy James vs. Drexel (Nov. 24, 2010).

Stats courtesy URI Athletics Communications Dept.
Didn't Jamal score in the high 30s last season, in one of the road games to start the season?