Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Thanks for the grid. I get the Rhode Map email from the Globe and they reference the rate and that it's "high" (@ 176.3), but hadn't idea of the rate classes. I really can't see getting even down to the 'subsantial' rate in our lifetimes. Less than 100 out of 100,000? Less than one person out of every thousand?
It does seem difficult, right? CT figured it out - the only New England state below red.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Thanks for the grid. I get the Rhode Map email from the Globe and they reference the rate and that it's "high" (@ 176.3), but hadn't idea of the rate classes. I really can't see getting even down to the 'subsantial' rate in our lifetimes. Less than 100 out of 100,000? Less than one person out of every thousand?
It does seem difficult, right? CT figured it out - the only New England state below red.
Or cheating like Florida????
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I thought this was a little strange. Last night when the cheerleaders were on the court during timeouts, they didn't have masks on. (They did against JWU). When the Ramettes were on the court during timeouts, they did have masks on. So, the girls cheering and yelling don't have to wear masks, yet the girls (and boy) just dancing do have to wear masks? If anything, if we're talking about safety, shouldn't it be the opposite?
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Yes but you are thinking linearly and not exponentially as to what the risk of 1 per 1000 is. Spread is not linear so the risk profile also isn’t linear, IE it may sound like that’s not a lot of spread in the community but it is given the speed at which that can increase
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rhodysurf wrote: 2 years ago
Yes but you are thinking linearly and not exponentially as to what the risk of 1 per 1000 is. Spread is not linear so the risk profile also isn’t linear, IE it may sound like that’s not a lot of spread in the community but it is given the speed at which that can increase
Ok...but I would wager a sixer that, 12 months from now, we are still considered "high"...

What do you think?
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago I thought this was a little strange. Last night when the cheerleaders were on the court during timeouts, they didn't have masks on. (They did against JWU). When the Ramettes were on the court during timeouts, they did have masks on. So, the girls cheering and yelling don't have to wear masks, yet the girls (and boy) just dancing do have to wear masks? If anything, if we're talking about safety, shouldn't it be the opposite?
Par for the course on nonsense mask protocol.

People still walk into a restaurant with a mask on for a 10 second walk to the table only to take it off for an hour plus once they sit down.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago I thought this was a little strange. Last night when the cheerleaders were on the court during timeouts, they didn't have masks on. (They did against JWU). When the Ramettes were on the court during timeouts, they did have masks on. So, the girls cheering and yelling don't have to wear masks, yet the girls (and boy) just dancing do have to wear masks? If anything, if we're talking about safety, shouldn't it be the opposite?

People still walk into a restaurant with a mask on for a 10 second walk to the table only to take it off for an hour plus once they sit down.
Points like both of these pretty much seal the deal for those that don't want to deal with it...
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago

Points like both of these pretty much seal the deal for those that don't want to deal with it...
We get it your too cool to go to the Ryan Center this year. You have said it about a million times and stated your stance on it a million times. Let it go Jeeze. Sound like a broken record.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

sevegny7 wrote: 2 years ago

We get it your too cool to go to the Ryan Center this year. You have said it about a million times and stated your stance on it a million times. Let it go Jeeze. Sound like a broken record.
Dude, that has nothing to do with it... You were just waiting for me...now you're happy you got your chance to pounce. You're welcome.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago The baseline question of this whole mess is "masks at the Ry, but not at the dunk?". People want to freak at the very asking of the question, and talk about "who" decides and have everyone just shut up about it..but that's not the question...the question is "why the difference?"...and no one wants to confront that... they'd rather just go along with whatever and ridicule the ones saying that the science has no clothes.
I always find it ironic that all of these politicians go back and forth from being masked to not being masked in their photo ops. What about Nance when she was at some Getty heiress's wedding. NO MASKS. Why? They're not posting their vax cards. How do we even know what their status is and they're requiring all these rules and mandates for us common folk.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

For the BU game you could have vaccination on your phone. Paper not required and wasn’t looked at - only verified that you had it on phone.

99+ percent kept their masks on throughout the game.

One guy 3 seats from me and one 10 seats from me never once put a mask on the entire game. Nobody ever addressed them.

They looked out of place with the vast majority masked, even the SK Police who guard the head coaches bench locations.

If URI is going to require masks then they should enforce masks.

People sitting in the 100 section floor level seats are easy to spot. Fans should not have to tells these unmasked fans to mask - it should be the arena staff.

No excuse for this non enforcement.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago For the BU game you could have vaccination on your phone. Paper not required and wasn’t looked at - only verified that you had it on phone.

One guy 3 seats from me and one 10 seats from me never once put a mask on the entire game. Nobody ever addressed them.

They looked out of place with the vast majority masked, even the SK Police who guard the head coaches bench locations.

People sitting in the 100 section floor level seats are easy to spot. Fans should not have to tells these unmasked fans to mask - it should be the arena staff.

You are seriously concerned about a couple people that are vaccinated and took their masks off? We went to Disney on ice in Worcester with the kids and once people got into the arena the majority took them off for a good portion of it even when they weren’t eating. Time to move on with life. The whole thing has become a touch the box to make it look like they care. Almost everywhere you go doesn’t require masks now.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Exactly. You know things have gone sideways when people are driving with a mask on in their car by themselves. Can never be too safe
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago
ramster wrote: 2 years ago For the BU game you could have vaccination on your phone. Paper not required and wasn’t looked at - only verified that you had it on phone.

You are seriously concerned about a couple people that are vaccinated and took their masks off? We went to Disney on ice in Worcester with the kids and once people got into the arena the majority took them off for a good portion of it even when they weren’t eating. Time to move on with life. The whole thing has become a touch the box to make it look like they care. Almost everywhere you go doesn’t require masks now.
Sure I’m serious.
Either do it right or not at all.
You gonna make the rules then enforcement goes with the rules.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

Sure I’m serious.
Not at all would be great.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Sure I’m serious.
All they are doing is the touch the box approach. Do you think they are going to have people patrolling the aisles and saying “Sir/Mam you have had your mask off for a couple minutes, we need to get it back on.”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago No excuse for this non enforcement.
There shouldn't be any rule to enforce at all. Except for that, you're totally right.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Sure I’m serious.
All they are doing is the touch the box approach. Do you think they are going to have people patrolling the aisles and saying “Sir/Mam you have had your mask off for a couple minutes, we need to get it back on.”
Yes. They have had people patrolling and asking people to put their masks on - do you are totaling wrong.

But there should be more doing it.

If people don’t wear masks on airplanes guess what - they are removed from the plane.

Do it right or not at all.

It’s very easy to spot people without masks.

It’s terrible to see URI fans not wear the mask at all the entire game.

My opinion is that masks should be optional but my opinion doesn’t matter / only science matters.

So if science (Simon) says wear masks then 100% of attendees should wear them.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Since August 13 masks have been required at URI. I was on campus the day the decision was made and enforced.

Go in the Mackal Fieldhouse, weightrooms, fitness center at Mackal or Anna F., Tootel West. Intramural basketball and volleyball requires all participants to be masked - ever since mid August - 3 months ago. Walk through the facilities and see for yourself - “it’s no joke”.

So same rules apply to Ryan - just 100% enforce is all I’m saying.
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

News flash: We are still losing approximately 1000 souls each day to Covid. Primarily the unvaccinated. But let's not do anything to combat the spread. Don't get vaccinated. Don't mask up (on the outside chance you are carrying). And for goodness' sake, make sure to selectively espouse your freedoms.

As an added note of irony, today is Veteran's Day, when we honor the selfless acts of so many past, current, and future citizens who have chosen to serve and protect those they don't know, for the greater good.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NHRamFan wrote: 2 years ago News flash: We are still losing approximately 1000 souls each day to Covid. Primarily the unvaccinated. But let's not do anything to combat the spread. Don't get vaccinated. Don't mask up (on the outside chance you are carrying). And for goodness' sake, make sure to selectively espouse your freedoms.

As an added note of irony, today is Veteran's Day, when we honor the selfless acts of so many past, current, and future citizens who have chosen to serve and protect those they don't know, for the greater good.
So why not mandate Vaccinations and Masking if 1000 per day are dying or if even 1 per day is dying?

If you are going to mandate vaccinations and masks in the Ryan Center then 100% should comply and masks should be enforced.

Have simple, consistent rules that are enforced. Plus have clear goals to illustrate to the public when policies could change back to normal.

Meanwhile, the Taxpayer owned and supported Dunkin Donuts Center requires no vaccination proof or masks.
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

NHRamFan wrote: 2 years ago News flash: We are still losing approximately 1000 souls each day to Covid. Primarily the unvaccinated. But let's not do anything to combat the spread. Don't get vaccinated. Don't mask up (on the outside chance you are carrying). And for goodness' sake, make sure to selectively espouse your freedoms.

So why not mandate Vaccinations and Masking if 1000 per day are dying or if even 1 per day is dying?

If you are going to mandate vaccinations and masks in the Ryan Center then 100% should comply and masks should be enforced.

Have simple, consistent rules that are enforced.
I agree. Enforce mandates. Of course, the "but muh freedom" crowd will challenge in the courts. Sadly, wherever and whenever mandates are created, people squeal like a trapped animal. "How dare you infringe upon my right to endanger myself and others!" Our collective will to sacrifice for the greater good is dead and buried, under the tombstone of ignorance and group-think.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NHRamFan wrote: 2 years ago

Have simple, consistent rules that are enforced.
I agree. Enforce mandates. Of course, the "but muh freedom" crowd will challenge in the courts. Sadly, wherever and whenever mandates are created, people squeal like a trapped animal. "How dare you infringe upon my right to endanger myself and others!" Our collective will to sacrifice for the greater good is dead and buried, under the tombstone of ignorance and group-think.
Good one. :roll:
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

So nobody wants the mask mandate, some people aren’t wearing the masks at the seats, and now people are complaining the staff isn’t enforcing the mask mandate that nobody wants??

People bitch just because they want something to bitch about.

Lighten the hell up and enjoy the games.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago So nobody wants the mask mandate, some people aren’t wearing the masks at the seats, and now people are complaining the staff isn’t enforcing the mask mandate that nobody wants??

Like you Friar15 bitch about what posters on a URI Board discuss. I knew I’d get a rise out of you when I brought up the Dunk that is doing nothing for Covid.
Great Job by your Fryuh Faithful.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago So nobody wants the mask mandate, some people aren’t wearing the masks at the seats, and now people are complaining the staff isn’t enforcing the mask mandate that nobody wants??

There's no logic to this... it's just part of the divide and conquer strategy. I'm curious to hear from those that go, what is the vibe like in comparison to regular years? Is it raucous, subdued, in between? Is it "different"? Hard to tell from TV, on one particular set of free throws (forget who/when) it seemed so silent that it was weird almost.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Like you Friar15 bitch about what posters on a URI Board discuss. I knew I’d get a rise out of you when I brought up the Dunk that is doing nothing for Covid.

Please explain to me how it makes ANY SENSE that a group of 4/5 friends can walk into the pub and stand maskless inches away from each other, but then the same group of friends has to then put their masks back on at their seats, when seconds before they were allowed to be maskless in the pub around everyone else?

Newsflash, you, or anyone else, cannot and will not justify that asinine policy.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

There's no logic to this... it's just part of the divide and conquer strategy. I'm curious to hear from those that go, what is the vibe like in comparison to regular years? Is it raucous, subdued, in between? Is it "different"? Hard to tell from TV, on one particular set of free throws (forget who/when) it seemed so silent that it was weird almost.
My view:

I think crowds are overstated as I have mentioned. My guess is the 5,133 announced was 4,000 or less

Crowd is definitely more subdued than in past years

Everyone has a mask on except for about 10 people who I don’t understand why they are not addressed

You see people you know in the Ryan Center walking around before game and during halftime and you must talk to them through the mask. Honestly, it stinks. I get the importance of the masking but it still stinks.

The student section is tightly packed.

All the rest of sections in 100’s, 200’s and 300’s are just as you likely see on Television. Lots of empty seats within those sections which makes Covid transmission less likely obviously. Of course this is with a half full Arena.

I honestly think the experience at the games is worse than I thought it would be.

Imho, the vaccination proof should be enough. But I don’t make the rules, not sure honestly who does.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

Please explain to me how it makes ANY SENSE that a group of 4/5 friends can walk into the pub and stand maskless inches away from each other, but then the same group of friends has to then put their masks back on at their seats, when seconds before they were allowed to be maskless in the pub around everyone else?

Newsflash, you, or anyone else, cannot and will not justify that asinine policy.
You and Your PC friends have no worries. No vaccination proof or masks required at the Rhode Island Taxpayer Paid for and Taxpayer supported Dunk. Have fun. Nice win vs Fairfield.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

I go by science and and what the CDC and Dr. Fauci says. BTW, Fauci was point guard and captain of his basketball team at St. Regis High In NYC - a great Jesuit school and I listen when the Jesuits speak.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

You and Your PC friends have no worries. No vaccination proof or masks required at the Rhode Island Taxpayer Paid for and Taxpayer supported Dunk. Have fun. Nice win vs Fairfield.

Hahahah exactly what I thought, you have nothing to say and can’t justify the mask policy in the pub and seats so you resort you calling me a PC fan.

I’d like a good laugh so if you can try to make sense of masks off in the pub but masks on in seats, go for it.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Hahahah exactly what I thought, you have nothing to say and can’t justify the mask policy in the pub and seats so you resort you calling me a PC fan.

I’d like a good laugh so if you can try to make sense of masks off in the pub but masks on in seats, go for it.
I can tell you there are very few fans drinking in the pub. Overall, URI students and fans are a very conscientious group. Only a few fans with no masks out of 5,000. Most keep their masks on 100% of the time

I can also tell you that University of Vermont is not serving any food or drinks at all while requiring 100% masks. And Vermont is suffering high new case levels.
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

….still not answering the question just further proving my point.
Go Rhody
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Really, you don't know the answer to that query. First of all you know your friends and there are not thousands of people in the pub. In the Ryan Center there are 4000+ people, most of whom you do not know. You wear a mask not to protect yourself solely, but in consideration of other people. Of course, if you don't give a rat's ass about other people/strangers and are fixed in a me, my self, and I, comfort zone orientation, then you don't understand or will ever understand a mask policy.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Obadiah wrote: 2 years ago Please explain to me how it makes ANY SENSE that a group of 4/5 friends can walk into the pub and stand maskless inches away from each other, but then the same group of friends has to then put their masks back on at their seats, when seconds before they were allowed to be maskless in the pub around everyone else?

Really, you don't know the answer to that query. First of all you know your friends and there are not thousands of people in the pub. In the Ryan Center there are 4000+ people, most of whom you do not know. You wear a mask not to protect yourself solely, but in consideration of other people. Of course, if you don't give a rat's ass about other people/strangers and are fixed in a me, my self, and I, comfort zone orientation, then you don't understand or will ever understand a mask policy.

I know EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the arena is either vaccinated or is negative for Covid.

I’m also not sitting around 4000 people in the arena.

So if everyone is vaxxed at the seats and the pub, please explain the difference of someone maskless at the pub you don’t know, and someone in front of you at the seats you don’t know.
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Obadiah wrote: 2 years ago Please explain to me how it makes ANY SENSE that a group of 4/5 friends can walk into the pub and stand maskless inches away from each other, but then the same group of friends has to then put their masks back on at their seats, when seconds before they were allowed to be maskless in the pub around everyone else?

I know EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the arena is either vaccinated or is negative for Covid.

I’m also not sitting around 4000 people in the arena.

So if everyone is vaxxed at the seats and the pub, please explain the difference of someone maskless at the pub you don’t know, and someone in front of you at the seats you don’t know.
What kills me is the inconsistency of the dunk vs the Ry combined with people put up with it and then crap all over the people that don't want to put up with it. Kinda seems like those that are accepting of the stupid rules might know in their own mind how stupid it is and will do anything to defend their choice publicly, even though the you know what has no clothes...
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

If the citizens of this country had possessed the current selfish, me-first mentality during the 30's and 40's, we'd all be speaking Japanese and German. Whatever happened to erring on the side of safety? As I said scores of pages ago - why is THIS the "over the line" issue? My take: because TFG and his minions made it political from the outset. For all those who claim "sheep! sheep!", mirrors are available at any five and dime store.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NHRamFan wrote: 2 years ago If the citizens of this country had possessed the current selfish, me-first mentality during the 30's and 40's, we'd all be speaking Japanese and German. Whatever happened to erring on the side of safety? As I said scores of pages ago - why is THIS the "over the line" issue? My take: because TFG and his minions made it political from the outset. For all those who claim "sheep! sheep!", mirrors are available at any five and dime store.
All I want to know is how one can justify and say it’s safe to stand maskless inches away from others in a pub, but not safe sitting maskless in a seat when all of us are vaxxed and or negative for Covid?

And just for the record, I was as pro masks, pro social distance, pro vax for the majority of the pandemic. It has now reached twilight zone levels and there is little sense to be made now.

I am vaxxed, including the booster shot.
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NHRamFan wrote: 2 years ago If the citizens of this country had possessed the current selfish, me-first mentality during the 30's and 40's, we'd all be speaking Japanese and German. Whatever happened to erring on the side of safety? As I said scores of pages ago - why is THIS the "over the line" issue? My take: because TFG and his minions made it political from the outset. For all those who claim "sheep! sheep!", mirrors are available at any five and dime store.
All I want to know is how one can justify and say it’s safe to stand maskless inches away from others in a pub, but not safe sitting maskless in a seat when all of us are vaxxed and or negative for Covid?

And just for the record, I was as pro masks, pro social distance, pro vax for the majority of the pandemic. It has now reached twilight zone levels and there is little sense to be made now.

It's not justifiable and it doesn't make sense. Those that support the stupid inconsistent rules pile on on those that contest them, because they feel so silly following those rules...they just don't know what to do...other than dump on those that aren't having it.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

In Ryan Center you required to show proof of vaccination. You are allowed to remove your mask to eat and/or drink. You can remove your mask in your seat and in the pub to drink and eat. If not eating or drinking you must be masked. Simple rules.

In airports and in airplanes you are allowed to remove your mask to eat and drink. If you are not eating or drinking you must be masked. The airlines will announce during the flight reminders to wear mask at all tImes unless eating or drinking.

Simple.

At U of Vermont No food or drink is sold. Masks are required 100% of the time.

At the Duncan Donuts Center you need no proof of vaccination and you don’t need to wear masks.

What don’t you understand?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It's not justifiable and it doesn't make sense. Those that support the stupid inconsistent rules pile on on those that contest them, because they feel so silly following those rules...they just don't know what to do...other than dump on those that aren't having it.
The masks are a pain.

If URI fans don’t want to go to games this year with Covid still around and Mask wearing required I support 1000% their decision NOT to go to games and to roll over their season tickets to next season I’ll never question their loyalty and respect their decision 1000%.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

That’s great and all, but you’re literally only typing out the rule.

You are still not explaining how it makes sense and is safe to keep masks off for minutes on end in the pub, but not safe to keep masks off at seats.

Since you’re beating around the bush and not answering, I assume deep down you 100% agree with my stance on it.
Go Rhody
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

The masks are a pain.

If URI fans don’t want to go to games this year with Covid still around and Mask wearing required I support 1000% their decision NOT to go to games and to roll over their season tickets to next season I’ll never question their loyalty and respect their decision 1000%.
Yes, I wish masks weren’t required at the RC, but I wanted to see the game, so I dealt with it. I pulled it down once in a while for a couple of minutes and saw other people do that, too. I don’t see that being a major issue. I also respect each person’s decision to forego attending games while the mask policy is in place. We all have to balance our interest in seeing a game in person versus the disinterest/discomfort of wearing a mask for over two hours. What we decide to spend our hard earned money on is each of our decisions alone. I did feel a bit like Andy Dufresne after he exited the mile long tunnel of sewers as I pulled my mask off after exiting.
As for the enthusiasm of the crowd, it seemed pretty good to me, considering it wasn’t close to a sellout. I don’t think the mask wearing will be a major detriment to the enthusiasm level. As always, it will be the level of play of the home team that will have the greatest impact.
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

The kids were loud and into it.. fans are just as loud as always.. try it you might like it.. no matter what the rules or policies it is so much better being there in person..

NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Serious reach....
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

JimSidd wrote: 2 years ago

The masks are a pain.

Yes, I wish masks weren’t required at the RC, but I wanted to see the game, so I dealt with it. I pulled it down once in a while for a couple of minutes and saw other people do that, too. I don’t see that being a major issue. I also respect each person’s decision to forego attending games while the mask policy is in place. We all have to balance our interest in seeing a game in person versus the disinterest/discomfort of wearing a mask for over two hours. What we decide to spend our hard earned money on is each of our decisions alone. I did feel a bit like Andy Dufresne after he exited the mile long tunnel of sewers as I pulled my mask off after exiting.
As for the enthusiasm of the crowd, it seemed pretty good to me, considering it wasn’t close to a sellout. I don’t think the mask wearing will be a major detriment to the enthusiasm level. As always, it will be the level of play of the home team that will have the greatest impact.
For those few of you who have never seen the movie, this is the scene I was referring to.

https://images.app.goo.gl/U9g5VBs8TmNEfu2w7
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago That’s great and all, but you’re literally only typing out the rule.

You are still not explaining how it makes sense and is safe to keep masks off for minutes on end in the pub, but not safe to keep masks off at seats.

Since you’re beating around the bush and not answering, I assume deep down you 100% agree with my stance on it.
Ask Dr Fauci

Or Bob Driscoll at Friar land

Your question is over my head
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago That’s great and all, but you’re literally only typing out the rule.

I don't think we're sposed to keep pointing this out ..it seems to trigger the acquiescers....
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

In Ryan Center you required to show proof of vaccination. You are allowed to remove your mask to eat and/or drink. You can remove your mask in your seat and in the pub to drink and eat. If not eating or drinking you must be masked. Simple rules.

In airports and in airplanes you are allowed to remove your mask to eat and drink. If you are not eating or drinking you must be masked. The airlines will announce during the flight reminders to wear mask at all tImes unless eating or drinking.

Simple.

At the Duncan Donuts Center you need no proof of vaccination and you don’t need to wear masks.

It sounds like you should stay home. Get food ordered in and the groceries delivered. With your train of thought we will be wearing masks for the rest of our lives. You realize that most the people that wear masks in an environment where no one else is wearing a mask are doing this because they believe they are protecting themselves from getting the Coronavirus which is a 100% not true. It sounds like you are watching people at the Ryan Center and as they finish their drink are ready to yell at them because they haven't put their mask on quick enough.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Simple.

It sounds like you should stay home. Get food ordered in and the groceries delivered. With your train of thought we will be wearing masks for the rest of our lives. You realize that most the people that wear masks in an environment where no one else is wearing a mask are doing this because they believe they are protecting themselves from getting the Coronavirus which is a 100% not true. It sounds like you are watching people at the Ryan Center and as they finish their drink are ready to yell at them because they haven't put their mask on quick enough.
Nope.
You are wrong
Me personally would not require anybody vaccinated to wear a mask.
But it’s not my decision so I go with the rule.

If URI Is going to have mask wearing then it should be enforced. In student, intramurals, Mackal Track and Field, weight room, etc all students wear masks as they are required.

At Ryan Center the Staff should enforce the rules. Or don’t have them.