Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Re: Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
EZBuckets wrote: 4 years ago

???? It hasn’t been played at all this season
Which song is that?
Kingston by Sean Kingston. Says Kingston about 100 times. Was played as the intro during the end of the Baron years.
"Kingston. I see them coming from a far...Kingston, they know who we are."
Jesu Christie. Of course 😂

We’ve come a long way, people!
mattyb311
Jim Eitner

Unread post by mattyb311 »

I have so many ideas for songs to include the exact section of a song/s that could be played. There are sooooo many other artists out there that can 'fill the RYAN Center' air with music that drives you. Oh and by the way, my 10 year old son goes to every URI game with me for the past 3 years and has said that opening 'STINKS' and its 'BORING...'

Does anyone know who we can send music requests to or recommend songs?

ONE example....GODSMACK 1000HP. Use the first 30 seconds of song....complete build up
Stay Positive and Love Your Life
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

mattyb311 wrote: 4 years ago I have so many ideas for songs to include the exact section of a song/s that could be played. There are sooooo many other artists out there that can 'fill the RYAN Center' air with music that drives you. Oh and by the way, my 10 year old son goes to every URI game with me for the past 3 years and has said that opening 'STINKS' and its 'BORING...'

Does anyone know who we can send music requests to or recommend songs?

ONE example....GODSMACK 1000HP. Use the first 30 seconds of song....complete build up
You know what song I REALLY don't like this year? The first song they use as the players are walking out. I think it's called "moonlight" or something. It's so slow and hard to get the ryan center excited with. I think it's pretty bad that your son is saying that about it lol. Props to him!!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Wtf is a Godsmack?
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

Fellas, the team picks their intro video song and runout song.

Regardless of all our personal tastes & opinions, I’m always gonna defer to what our guys wanna hear.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

EZBuckets wrote: 4 years ago Fellas, the team picks their intro video song and runout song.

Regardless of all our personal tastes & opinions, I’m always gonna defer to what our guys wanna hear.
These are the topics that get critiqued when we go two weeks without a game. Wait to see the next 3-5 days.
“We will be good when we are good.”
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

;) ......how come we can’t take beers to our seats.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

100% on what EZ said.

I've been hearing Meek Mill, Drake, Lil Baby, etc. songs during warmups and prior to intros for a long time. It is about what they want to hear and certainly not heavy metal. :lol:

Side note. Meek Mill samples “In the Air Tonight” on his song “Intro”. See, everything always comes full circle.
89er
Michael Andersen

Unread post by 89er »

I remember when Camden Yards first opened, the Baltimore Oriole fans yelled in unison “O’s” instead of “Oh” say does that star spangled banner yet wave.

I think we should all yell Oer the “RAMS-parts we watched were so gallantly streaming.

Although also not original, I would like to see the Ruckus begin chanting the starters names like roll call by the Yankees bleacher creatures.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

89er wrote: 4 years ago I remember when Camden Yards first opened, the Baltimore Oriole fans yelled in unison “O’s” instead of “Oh” say does that star spangled banner yet wave.

I think we should all yell Oer the “RAMS-parts we watched were so gallantly streaming.

Although also not original, I would like to see the Ruckus begin chanting the starters names like roll call by the Yankees bleacher creatures.
“Rams-parts” is entirely cringeworthy.
89er
Michael Andersen

Unread post by 89er »

You don’t yell parts. Just Rams in unison.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I’ll take a hard pass on any yelling anything during the anthem. I think it is low rent when Baltimore fans do it (they’ve always done it, way before Camden Yards and in every sport, not just baseball), and I want no part of it.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

I like going bad for the 2nd video. I think the song for the first video just isn't upbeat enough if you know what I mean.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

89er wrote: 4 years ago I remember when Camden Yards first opened, the Baltimore Oriole fans yelled in unison “O’s” instead of “Oh” say does that star spangled banner yet wave.

I know we have the "rhody rhody rhody" chant but what if we had a tradition with a song like duke does
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

That is the most Duke thing ever
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

“Rhody Rhody Rhody RAMS RAMS RAMS” = our tradition. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago That is the most Duke thing ever
Puke
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago I’ll take a hard pass on any yelling anything during the anthem. I think it is low rent when Baltimore fans do it (they’ve always done it, way before Camden Yards and in every sport, not just baseball), and I want no part of it.
Thank you! We aren’t a tacky Bro Fest concert. Interjections do not belong in the National Anthem. Especially since we often times have a local youth group, student, alum, veteran, public figure, etc. singing it’s entirely disrespectful to the singer.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago “Rhody Rhody Rhody RAMS RAMS RAMS” = our tradition. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Ok jeez! Sorry! :shock:
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RhodyRams916 wrote: 4 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago “Rhody Rhody Rhody RAMS RAMS RAMS” = our tradition. 🤦🏼‍♀️
I think there are improvements that can be made at the RC for in-game experiences, but adding kitschy things won’t do it - I guess since the example used was Duke (🤮) and it’s a cheesy Cascada song from 2005 that reminds me of $1 vodka sodas at Bon Vue. Wisconsin Madison uses “Jump Around”, something like that I can get behind one hundred percent. For crowd involvement during the game (not player intros) have to stick to crowd pleasing pop that’s somewhere on the dance/arena rock/hip-hop spectrum since that’s what people will recognize. Flash forward to 25 years from now when I am 60, I will still know Meek Mill tho. 😂

Side note, our band has improved SO much through the years and they sound great but I still think VCU Pep Band takes the dub on that.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

I think there are improvements that can be made at the RC for in-game experiences, but adding kitschy things won’t do it - I guess since the example used was Duke (🤮) and it’s a cheesy Cascada song from 2005 that reminds me of $1 vodka sodas at Bon Vue. Wisconsin Madison uses “Jump Around”, something like that I can get behind one hundred percent. For crowd involvement during the game (not player intros) have to stick to crowd pleasing pop that’s somewhere on the dance/arena rock/hip-hop spectrum since that’s what people will recognize. Flash forward to 25 years from now when I am 60, I will still know Meek Mill tho. 😂

Side note, our band has improved SO much through the years and they sound great but I still think VCU Pep Band takes the dub on that.
Yeah I agree with you. George mason’s band is also great. I stayed to watch their game vs George Washington in Brooklyn just for that.

Also I was kidding about the duke example. I do like the songs “jump around” and “zombie nation - kernkraft 400”
Ramulous
Sly Williams

Unread post by Ramulous »

The A10 pays the expenses of the George Mason band to stay for the entertainment outside the arena on game days of the tournament even after their school has been eliminated. They are that good. I rate them ahead of VCU.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Spook
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Spook »

Also defer to EZ Buckets if this is what players want. As long as they’re aware of why fans are in a coma at the start I’m good.
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
EZBuckets wrote: 4 years ago Fellas, the team picks their intro video song and runout song.

These are the topics that get critiqued when we go two weeks without a game. Wait to see the next 3-5 days.
Hahaha true story. This two week layover is killing me!

One thing I will say is that I’m working on trying to come up with and incorporate at least 2 more chants into the “Ruckus rotation”. Marketing tried last year but the results weren’t great and I think they were just too complex. But we do desperately need more than the current 3 to rotate. Hopeful we can develop some new ones after break.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago

Hahaha true story. This two week layover is killing me!

One thing I will say is that I’m working on trying to come up with and incorporate at least 2 more chants into the “Ruckus rotation”. Marketing tried last year but the results weren’t great and I think they were just too complex. But we do desperately need more than the current 3 to rotate. Hopeful we can develop some new ones after break.
YOU, YOU, YOU is pretty simple.....
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

The student and crowd participation was great for Friday’s game. The focus from URI Athletics, students and fans should be on attendance. I believe URI Athletics and specifically the Ticketing group are focused on this and put their effort and financial resources into this. Season ticket holders need to have someone In their seats EVERY game (with planning you can find someone to use free tickets), students need to make as many games as possible and encourage others to come (bring a friend to the game that isn’t a regular). As general fans we can promote the team and bring new fans to a game. Buy a couple of extra tickets near you and bring two friends.

If we have a good size crowd at a game the RC is electric every time. Just my 2 cents.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

How bout munch, munch, munch?

:)
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I wonder if we'll be able to bring beer to our seats before Cox's son is our starting point guard...
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago That is the most Duke thing ever
I used to date someone that was a Duke fan - used to piss her off when I told her it was like rooting for the Yankees (she was also a New Jersey born and raised Red Sox fan which is quite the oddity).
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Ramulous wrote: 4 years ago The A10 pays the expenses of the George Mason band to stay for the entertainment outside the arena on game days of the tournament even after their school has been eliminated. They are that good. I rate them ahead of VCU.
They are both excellent. I want to attend a GMU/VCU game just for the bands!
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
alldayrhodyrams02
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by alldayrhodyrams02 »

I know we have the "rhody rhody rhody" chant but what if we had a tradition with a song like duke does
Rhode Island should do this with Nicky Romero’s song “Like Home”.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Good job by Rhody Marketing
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

This is a company (INFLCR) positioning themselves for when college athletes can monetize...they will become a middle man between the athletes and corporate marketers that want to engage these kids and their social media audience. Smart move for Rhody to be an early adopter.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago The student and crowd participation was great for Friday’s game. The focus from URI Athletics, students and fans should be on attendance. I believe URI Athletics and specifically the Ticketing group are focused on this and put their effort and financial resources into this. Season ticket holders need to have someone In their seats EVERY game (with planning you can find someone to use free tickets), students need to make as many games as possible and encourage others to come (bring a friend to the game that isn’t a regular). As general fans we can promote the team and bring new fans to a game. Buy a couple of extra tickets near you and bring two friends.

If we have a good size crowd at a game the RC is electric every time. Just my 2 cents.
I’ve been to plenty of sporting events. NOTHING beats that atmosphere on Friday. It was fantastic. The students were rowdy. The rest of the fans were loud.

We’ll need the same energy in the arena vs western Kentucky! Go rhody!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

alldayrhodyrams02 wrote: 4 years ago

I LOVE that song!
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

I LOVE that song!

That song would be a perfect for any hype video or something to play during a timeout :o !!!!!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Me:

Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

I LOVE that song!

That song would be a perfect for any hype video or something to play during a timeout :o !!!!!
Love that song, that would be awesome in the Ryan Center!
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Rhody Sody wrote: 4 years ago

I LOVE that song!

Hell yeah. I don't know who should know about that though. I guess whoever DJs at games?
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Hell yeah. I don't know who should know about that though. I guess whoever DJs at games?
Great song - never heard it before. I’ll pass along to our DJ. Thanks guys.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

This thread sent me down the youtube tunnel....

I'll take some JumpAround, Sandstorm, and just because the idea sounds cool: "House of Pain vs Queen vs AC/DC - We Will Jump You"
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......no improvement of what I posted....
Last edited by section(105) 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

Great song - never heard it before. I’ll pass along to our DJ. Thanks guys.
Make it happen 🤞, students and fans will like it
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

Love our DJ! Fantastic upgrade last season.
Maybe I'm just a weirdo but I could tell it wasn't the normal DJ for the Providence game which was disappointing. Hope nothing has changed.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago Love our DJ! Fantastic upgrade last season.
Maybe I'm just a weirdo but I could tell it wasn't the normal DJ for the Providence game which was disappointing. Hope nothing has changed.
I know the new DJ has been set up to the left of the student section, outside the tunnel. I also agree the music he plays has been good. I'm excited to maybe hear that song we've been talking about here at the WKU game
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Great video
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Don’t worry, DJ Face unfortunately came down with the flu before the PC game and couldn’t make it. I’m sure he’ll be back for WKU.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Don’t worry, DJ Face unfortunately came down with the flu before the PC game and couldn’t make it. I’m sure he’ll be back for WKU.
Not related at all to his talent. Did he have a naming contest on 4chan or something? How did he come up with DJ Face?