Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Unread post by section(105) »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago It's a coronavirus. Obviously created by China to infect humans. But it will mutate down to a common cold over time. Question is, will people in this country allow the science of gene mutation and gain of function to be tolerated? Cause it's happening.
It's blue science
It certainly is not rocket surgery.
………maybe it is brain science…….
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

We'll never achieve herd immunity until we overcome herd stupidity.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago We'll never achieve herd immunity until we overcome herd stupidity.
I think maybe the herd has more sense than the minority that wants to control it...
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Why are people so concerned about people who don't get vaxxed? They are in control of their own lives. If they don't get vaxxed and die, that was their choice. Why do I have to be inconvenienced by someone else's choice?
People under 12 don't have the choice to die.
Immunocompromised don't have the choice to die.
Our healthcare system is getting crushed by people who are not vaccinated and are unwilling to put a mask on.
Mutations love unvaccinated people.

That is why people are concerned about the numbers of unvaccinated people and the lack of masking...they are the main spreaders of this.

And you really think we'll be wearing masks forever? When does it end? Well, polio ended. Small pox ended. The 1918 pandemic ended. So the sooner folks get on board and start pulling their weight to end this thing, then the sooner we will be done with the masks and the sooner our economy get up to full speed. Leaning to "live with COVID" is not the same as ignoring COVID.

Living with COVID means a vaccine and a mask for now = you're able to do what you want to do.
Ignoring COVID which means for a lot of folks just doing whatever you want like it was 2018 = living with COVID longer and being limited to what we can do.

Take your pick. This is a public health issue, not a political choice issue. (This is why you can't smoke in the Ryan Center, in the classroom, at Stop & Shop, etc. It's not your choice.)
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Sorry, I do not believe that (vaccinated) me wearing a mask makes this end any sooner...in fact having all vaccinated people wearing a mask will probably have the opposite effect....

ETA....where are you seeing that our healthcare system is "getting crushed"? The RI numbers don't seem to bear that out....
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

So the politics of this thing says get vaccinated and wear a mask? What do we make the unvaccinated people do to make them so uncomfortable they want to get the vaxx? I can think of a few things.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Unfortunately politics have and will continue to influence all of this.

The only way to stop this, is to mandate vaxing and mask wearing indoors everywhere, which won't happen.

Which for the vaccinated is a big pain in the ass. Mask wearing that is.

We're going to need booster shots, and eventually a next generation vaccine or pill.

People who refuse to get vaccinated are endangering all of us, especially the old and immune deficient.

My brother just had a liver transplant....and he's got to be super careful from now on. This shit doesn't help one bit.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

So the vaccines don't work? Again I ask this since it is available for free to just about everyone. If you are old and immune deficient and didn't get the vaxx, hey, it's your life I guess. But coronavirus is here, I'm vaccinated. I do not fear unvaccinated people endangering me, since, I'm VACCINATED.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 2 years ago Unfortunately politics have and will continue to influence all of this.

The only way to stop this, is to mandate vaxing and mask wearing indoors everywhere, which won't happen.

Which for the vaccinated is a big pain in the ass. Mask wearing that is.

We're going to need booster shots, and eventually a next generation vaccine or pill.

People who refuse to get vaccinated are endangering all of us, especially the old and immune deficient.

My brother just had a liver transplant....and he's got to be super careful from now on. This shit doesn't help one bit.
I think unvaccinated people are (could be) endangering other unvaccinated people, not me.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago So the vaccines don't work? Again I ask this since it is available for free to just about everyone. If you are old and immune deficient and didn't get the vaxx, hey, it's your life I guess. But coronavirus is here, I'm vaccinated. I do not fear unvaccinated people endangering me, since, I'm VACCINATED.
Vaccines are mostly effective for 5-6 months and help prevent significant hospitalizations. Mutations can limit effectiveness. Now those with vaccines will need a booster which should make it mostly effective again, likely for another 5-6 months. COVID vaccine will hopefully get to the point where it’s like a flu shot, you’ll need it every year but you can still get/spread the flu, just with hopefully more mild symptoms.

The illusion is that the vaccinated can walk around without mask and without a worry in the world. It’s still safer to be vaccinated than not but vaccinated can spread disease just like unvaccinated, more likely as vaccine wears off and as more mutations take place. We are going to continue to see more and more breakthrough cases until booster shots become more accessible.
Last edited by rjsuperfly66 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago So the vaccines don't work? Again I ask this since it is available for free to just about everyone. If you are old and immune deficient and didn't get the vaxx, hey, it's your life I guess. But coronavirus is here, I'm vaccinated. I do not fear unvaccinated people endangering me, since, I'm VACCINATED.
Vaccines are mostly effective for 5-6 months and help prevent significant hospitalizations. Mutations can limit effectiveness. Now those with vaccines will need a booster which should make it mostly effective again, likely for another 5-6 months. COVID vaccine will hopefully get to the point where it’s like a flu shot, you’ll need it every year but you can still get/spread the flu, just with hopefully more mild symptoms.

The illusion is that the vaccinated can walk around without mask and without a worry in the world. It’s still safer to be vaccinated than not but vaccinated can spread disease just like unvaccinated, more likely as vaccine wears off and as more mutations take place. We are going to continue to see more and more breakthrough cases until booster shots become more accessible.
Correct. If I didn't think getting vaxxed would enable me to walk around...I probably would not have bothered.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I haven't had a flu shot in over 20 years. Haven't had the flu in over 20 years. If the vaxx doesn't work, why would I ever get a booster?
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago I haven't had a flu shot in over 20 years. Haven't had the flu in over 20 years. If the vaxx doesn't work, why would I ever get a booster?
“ That’s because the purpose of the vaccines isn’t to prevent people from catching the virus. It’s to prevent them from becoming seriously ill or dying because of the virus.

“I think some people thought, ‘I got the vaccine. I’m bulletproof,’ ” said Dr. Carl Fichtenbaum, a professor of infectious disease at the University of Cincinnati and medical director of UC Health’s Phase 3 Moderna vaccine trial.

“That’s not how vaccines are designed,” he said. “The vaccine is working very well.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincin ... 8200900002
theblueram
Frank Keaney

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago I haven't had a flu shot in over 20 years. Haven't had the flu in over 20 years. If the vaxx doesn't work, why would I ever get a booster?
“ That’s because the purpose of the vaccines isn’t to prevent people from catching the virus. It’s to prevent them from becoming seriously ill or dying because of the virus.

“I think some people thought, ‘I got the vaccine. I’m bulletproof,’ ” said Dr. Carl Fichtenbaum, a professor of infectious disease at the University of Cincinnati and medical director of UC Health’s Phase 3 Moderna vaccine trial.

“That’s not how vaccines are designed,” he said. “The vaccine is working very well.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincin ... 8200900002
So that's how measles vaccine works? or polio? or yellow fever? or plague? or anthrax? or mumps? or rubella? I could go on and on. But those vaccines don't prevent you from getting the virus, just makes it less bad? Clearly the covid vaccine is a flu shot. Which I thought it was.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Some people need to know how vaccines work.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Polio has been eradicated due to vaccine. Flu, occurs every year even though we have vaccines. I think I understand vaccines.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Polio has been eradicated due to vaccine. Flu, occurs every year even though we have vaccines. I think I understand vaccines.
Yeah, but not the blue science that goes with it. :roll:
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Polio has been eradicated due to vaccine. Flu, occurs every year even though we have vaccines. I think I understand vaccines.
No, the main goal of this vaccine is give it nowhere to go.....to stop the spread and to stop allowing it to mutate.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
No, the main goal of this vaccine is give it nowhere to go.....to stop the spread and to stop allowing it to mutate.
We all agree. Get vaccinated. I think most of us are. But don't impose restrictions on those who are vaccinated. You want 100% vaccination rates? Impose draconian measures on the unvaxxed.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
We all agree. Get vaccinated. I think most of us are. But don't impose restrictions on those who are vaccinated. You want 100% vaccination rates? Impose draconian measures on the unvaxxed.
Everyone should be vaccinated. Those who been vaccinated and are still who this scares and want everyone to wear masks everywhere we go should be staying home. Anyone on the board who is that adamant about masks being worn at the Ryan Center and other places should not be attending games this fall
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Sorry, I do not believe that (vaccinated) me wearing a mask makes this end any sooner...in fact having all vaccinated people wearing a mask will probably have the opposite effect....

ETA....where are you seeing that our healthcare system is "getting crushed"? The RI numbers don't seem to bear that out....
Try watching a news station that isn't Fox News. The healthcare systems in the states that profess "freedom from masks and vaccines" are getting overwhelmed. That's straight from THEIR mouths; not a news source. The US is taking SELFISHNESS to unseen heights.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NHRamFan wrote: 2 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Sorry, I do not believe that (vaccinated) me wearing a mask makes this end any sooner...in fact having all vaccinated people wearing a mask will probably have the opposite effect....

Try watching a news station that isn't Fox News. The healthcare systems in the states that profess "freedom from masks and vaccines" are getting overwhelmed. That's straight from THEIR mouths; not a news source. The US is taking SELFISHNESS to unseen heights.
And another thing that isn't discussed nearly enough is how the overwhelming amount of COVID cases going to the ICU(most of them unvaccinated) is affecting others who need ICU care. Good luck in many places if you have a heart attack, get in a serious car crash, get shot (that's another story for another time) or ANY case that needs intensive care. "Sorry, the beds are full".
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

And another thing that isn't discussed nearly enough is how the overwhelming amount of COVID cases going to the ICU(most of them unvaccinated) is affecting others who need ICU care. Good luck in many places if you have a heart attack, get in a serious car crash, get shot (that's another story for another time) or ANY case that needs intensive care. "Sorry, the beds are full".
And, in local news...as of Friday, in RI, one of the more vaxxed states in the country (I think?), there were 149 people in the hospital d/t COVID. If that's "overwhelmed"...I think we got bigger issues, no?

ETA: Looks like the nhramfan thinks this is all political...interesting
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

NYGFan_Section208...sorry man, you need to talk some actual medical professionals. Having vaccinated people wear masks will prolong the pandemic? You have some facts or evidence to back up that statement? Please share.

Here's something about our healthcare system getting crushed. Please read:
https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/hospit ... resurgence

Stop getting your news from some blowhard on Youtube and from your buddy on Facebook.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 years ago

NYGFan_Section208...sorry man, you need to talk some actual medical professionals. Having vaccinated people wear masks will prolong the pandemic? You have some facts or evidence to back up that statement? Please share.

Here's something about our healthcare system getting crushed. Please read:
https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/hospit ... resurgence

Stop getting your news from some blowhard on Youtube and from your buddy on Facebook.
Dude...never been on Facebook. Use some common sense. Stop trying to make this political. Where do those 10 states fall in terms of vax rates?
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

NYGFan_Section208...just so I'm clear. Your strategy would be to be reactive? So wait until the hospitals are completely overwhelmed and then maybe have people start to wear masks or tout a treatment that a friend has a vested interest in. (This is what Florida has done.)
https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/health-ne ... f-covid-19

As opposed to a proactive approach...by masking up and preventing our healthcare workers from drowning in incoming patients in the ER in the first place.

Based on your logic, I would assume you want to wait for more wildfires, historic floods and hurricanes to wipe out more homes, businesses, etc. before actually doing something to potentially lessen the severity of the occurrences. So maybe by 2050 you'll consider improving things?

Correct. This is not a political issue. This is a public health issue. So listen to the doctors, scientists, and experts who have devoted their entire careers to this field. They are far more knowledgeable than me (and 99.9% of folks on this board) regarding this issue. Do not listen to politicians (and not the Youtubers) who are spouting some easy and popular way out. Ivermectin anyone??
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 years ago NYGFan_Section208...just so I'm clear. Your strategy would be to be reactive? So wait until the hospitals are completely overwhelmed and then maybe have people start to wear masks or tout a treatment that a friend has a vested interest in. (This is what Florida has done.)

As opposed to a proactive approach...by masking up and preventing our healthcare workers from drowning in incoming patients in the ER in the first place.

Based on your logic, I would assume you want to wait for more wildfires, historic floods and hurricanes to wipe out more homes, businesses, etc. before actually doing something to potentially lessen the severity of the occurrences. So maybe by 2050 you'll consider improving things?

Correct. This is not a political issue. This is a public health issue. So listen to the doctors, scientists, and experts who have devoted their entire careers to this field. They are far more knowledgeable than me (and 99.9% of folks on this board) regarding this issue. Do not listen to politicians (and not the Youtubers) who are spouting some easy and popular way out. Ivermectin anyone??
One for the horse and one for me. One for the cow and another one for me...
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote: 2 years ago NYGFan_Section208...just so I'm clear. Your strategy would be to be reactive? So wait until the hospitals are completely overwhelmed and then maybe have people start to wear masks or tout a treatment that a friend has a vested interest in. (This is what Florida has done.)

Dude...I know you hate to hear this...but me, wearing a mask, doesn't protect anyone.
I know...that sucks for those that like masks. And not for nothing, folks wearing masks, except for me, because I can't see it, is a creepy thing...

What do you think we should do about wildfires? Rake the forests? Nuke the hurricanes?
Maybe you are the one that needs some alternate news sources? ;)
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Dude...I know you hate to hear this...but me, wearing a mask, doesn't protect anyone.
I know...that sucks for those that like masks. And not for nothing, folks wearing masks, except for me, because I can't see it, is a creepy thing...

What do you think we should do about wildfires? Rake the forests? Nuke the hurricanes?
It's called dealing with climate change. But something tells me you don't believe in that either.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

It's called dealing with climate change. But something tells me you don't believe in that either.
What are you, personally, doing to combat climate change? Maybe I could use some pointers....
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Hopefully these guys aren't at the Ryan Center. There is no reason to be at a URI basketball game in the times we are in. There are people who are wearing masks in their car by themselves. I have gotten vaccinated and will get the booster. Telling people if they travel in a state who got vaccinated means making them quarantine and get shots again is ridiculous. There are always people who wear a mask in an environment like church where almost all the people don't have masks thinking they are protecting themselves which is furthest thing from the truth. They aren't wearing them because they aren't vaccinated or are worried about the people around them. People just walk around wearing masks, but have no idea why they are wearing them.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago

Hopefully these guys aren't at the Ryan Center. There is no reason to be at a URI basketball game in the times we are in. There are people who are wearing masks in their car by themselves. I have gotten vaccinated and will get the booster. Telling people if they travel in a state who got vaccinated means making them quarantine and get shots again is ridiculous. There are always people who wear a mask in an environment like church where almost all the people don't have masks thinking they are protecting themselves which is furthest thing from the truth. They aren't wearing them because they aren't vaccinated or are worried about the people around them. People just walk around wearing masks, but have no idea why they are wearing them.
They wear them, because... some people...just gonna sheeple... and...they want to make sure they identify with the right "correct" flock
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago

They wear them, because... some people...just gonna sheeple... and...they want to make sure they identify with the right "correct" flock
For those that are vaccinated and don’t want to wear a mask, I understand your frustration. What I don’t understand are reactions to people that do wear a mask. People who make comments about having the freedom to make their own choices should think that perhaps this is their choice. Some people are wearing one because they are unvaccinated. As for those who are vaccinated and want to wear a mask because they feel it offers them extra protection, it’s fine with me. It doesn’t bother me in the least and it shouldn’t bother anyone. Even if you don’t understand it, it’s their choice, right?
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Yep, that's what it should be...their choice... not a rule for me. Although I stand by my statement that it looks creepy on everyone but me.

Update: 148 Rhode Islanders "crushing the system", down from 149 on Friday.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

3E155622-1FA7-4719-8A3E-C426D23C2D91.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Yep, that's what it should be...their choice... not a rule for me. Although I stand by my statement that it looks creepy on everyone but me.

In US new cases peaked and dropping.

- More vaccinations? Not many
- More people wearing masks? No. College football games throughout country showed vast majority
maskless
- Delta wave waning? Yes
- More non-vaxed people getting infected? Yes. Covid finding fewer people to infect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Key is to push vaccinations

Spend energy, effort, advertising, media news articles towards vaccinations. Focus less on the politically loaded masking discussions.

Masks are becoming fewer and fewer.

Nurses, CNA’s, All Health Care Workers should be vaccinated but still only 60% to 80% are vaccinated. Why are so many health care professionals still refusing to get vaccinated? What kind of example does this set for the non health care professional public?

Going to be interesting as hospitals and nursing homes require vaccinations for all employees as a requirement for keeping their jobs. Already dire need of help and more to be fired.
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

If there's one thing that the Covid-19 pandemic has taught us, it's that Americans are staggeringly selfish. Not just your meat-and-potatoes "don't want to share" selfish. More the total apocalyptic "I will let you die rather than inconvenience myself" selfish.

(credit to)-The Wind Cried Death
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

NHRamFan wrote: 2 years ago If there's one thing that the Covid-19 pandemic has taught us, it's that Americans are staggeringly selfish. Not just your meat-and-potatoes "don't want to share" selfish. More the total apocalyptic "I will let you die rather than inconvenience myself" selfish.

(credit to)-The Wind Cried Death
Let us know your address so we can send the Good Samaritan Award out to you. We get it you want everyone who is vaccinated to wear masks 24/7 and the public isn’t as noble and unselfish as you.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

I love the double standards...

"If they don't want to get vaccinated, that's their choice. Why should I have to wear a mask because of their choices?"

Seeing this makes me think someone is in favor of "personal responsibility" and letting people make and live with their own choices.

URI/Ryan Center has made their choice to require masks and those same people screaming about letting everyone make their own choices lose their collective minds when somewhere/someone makes their choice.

Certain people: Everyone should be able to make their own choices!
URI: Ok, we choose to require masks inside the RC
Certain people: No! Not like that!

Blue science...gtfo with this QAnon nonsense.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago I love the double standards...

"If they don't want to get vaccinated, that's their choice. Why should I have to wear a mask because of their choices?"

Seeing this makes me think someone is in favor of "personal responsibility" and letting people make and live with their own choices.

URI/Ryan Center has made their choice to require masks and those same people screaming about letting everyone make their own choices lose their collective minds when somewhere/someone makes their choice.

Certain people: Everyone should be able to make their own choices!
URI: Ok, we choose to require masks inside the RC
Certain people: No! Not like that!

Blue science...gtfo with this QAnon nonsense.
Not exactly as this thread has transpired.

There were some posters who said they will choose to sit out this season and roll their season tickets to next year. Yes they don’t want to wear masks in the RC.

Other posters then questioned their fandom loyalty.

Personally I’ll be missing the PC-URI game for the first time in 40 years or more. I always go home or away. But after last year’s cowardly Cooley stunt I’ll not give a nickel to PC or the Dunk.

I’ll not go to the Ryan either if masks are required which they are since URI follows the state guidelines. Another joining that camp unfortunately.

I’m Vaccinated and getting the booster but I don’t want any of the unvaccinated getting COVID from me.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Lesson learned.... it's not political, unless you don't want to wear a mask. If that's the case, you're a selfish, QAnon, FoxNewser. Got it.

Repeat...I don't care if people wanna look creepy. Go for it, but don't make me play along.

The Ry has every right...I guess...to make people wear masks...but if they think it's that dangerous, they should give the rollover option, until they think it isn't.

And anyone that wants to judge other people's 'fandom"...aye yi Yi...are you 12, or just have too much time on your hands?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Agree. If Masks are required for Vaccinated people, then give the rollover option.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

I just don't understand the logic.

If you can eat and drink without your mask on- Covid doesn't escape your mouth? What if something exciting happens mid-bite? Then you're yelling - but Covid knows better than to infect those around you?

And last I checked - the mask requirement isn't for N-95, surgical grade masks worn properly to ensure no airflow. A vast majority will be wearing used masks hanging from their rearview mirrors that are so thin breathing isn't impacted - meaning it won't "stop" anything.

So based on that, it seems like a meaningless dog and pony show to prove how much you "care" about other people - while at the same time those people will openly root for the "selfish" unvaccinated people to die and suffer dire consequences.

Masks didn't stop Covid last year. They won't stop it now. Covid is here to stay, like the flu (yes we get it it's worse than the flu in some cases, even though miraculously the flu has been nearly eradicated and it's totally not like flu/Covid tests can't effectively tell the difference), and you can either accept that and take the risks of going out every day like you do driving or eating raw shellfish, or you can't.

If you are truly so terrified of this virus that you can't be around anyone not wearing a mask, than I hate to break it to you but the mask isn't doing anything but providing you a false sense of security.

Either way, this just seems like a foolish inconvenience at best, and is plain stupid at worst.

And for the name-calling side of the aisle here, I'm vaccinated. I also had Covid last year, and like the overwhelming majority of people it wasn't more than a mild case. Just don't feel like yelling into a mask or pretending to eat so I can breathe air unimpeded for 2 hours.

And for the same side of the aisle questioning your fanhood if you don't subject yourself to pointless mandates and restricted airflows, show me the last few years of your athletics donation receipts, your attendance history during the Jerry D era, and your URI tattoos ;) .
Last edited by Blue Man 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago So the politics of this thing says get vaccinated and wear a mask? What do we make the unvaccinated people do to make them so uncomfortable they want to get the vaxx? I can think of a few things.
Have insurance companies stop paying claims for unvaccinated COVID patients.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 2 years ago
theblueram wrote: 2 years ago So the politics of this thing says get vaccinated and wear a mask? What do we make the unvaccinated people do to make them so uncomfortable they want to get the vaxx? I can think of a few things.
Have insurance companies stop paying claims for unvaccinated COVID patients.
Suggest that to yours....would love to hear what they say.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Yep, that's what it should be...their choice... not a rule for me. Although I stand by my statement that it looks creepy on everyone but me.

Nobody said Rhode Island. Check out some of the southern states.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Nobody asked about places where I'm not going to see a basketball game either. Are we supposed to wear support/empathy/sympathy masks for them? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the "southern states" you're referring to have lower vax rates...but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Nobody asked about places where I'm not going to see a basketball game either. Are we supposed to wear support/empathy/sympathy masks for them? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the "southern states" you're referring to have lower vax rates...but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
There's no wall between New England and the south. Not sure if you know, it spreads.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago ...
There's no wall between New England and the south. Not sure if you know, it spreads.
High vaccination rates in the North will reduce the spread. If US can get to 90%, we'll crush COVID and halt future mutations.
NCAAs or Bust!