Makhel Mitchell

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: Makhel Mitchell

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago Makhel, Twan and Ish have been the lone bright spots to this season.
Need to had Sheppard to that list, easily over Leggett. Leggett has had flashes, but he's at best 4th on the "bright spot" list.
Yes for Shep, but unfortunately this season may be the last we see of him. Who in the backcourt will step in and create for our guys in the paint and also take some of the pressure off of them?
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago Makhel, Twan and Ish have been the lone bright spots to this season.
Need to had Sheppard to that list, easily over Leggett. Leggett has had flashes, but he's at best 4th on the "bright spot" list.
With Ish it's more about performance vs expectations and I didn't think he would show so much promise nor get so much PT in his FR year. As we know now the fact is he prob deserved more minutes earlier in the season, but coming in it seemed like we had a lot of guard depth with the transfers. He has had his FR struggles like last night...but he's also shown a ton of intangibles, makes hustle/winning plays you can't teach, is a very good finisher in traffic and in the paint and is an above average defender. He's going to be a good A10 guard. Sheppard is definitely a bright spot and easily our smoothest offensive player. At times he has probably not been aggressive enough tbh. But I also had moderately high expectations of him given what I heard about him at practice last season and his game tapes from ECU.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

All you should expect from a freshman is "flashes" I would say. Ish is for sure exceeding expectations for a true freshman.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We have the Mitchells, Shep, Walker, and Ish. Well Fatts too, but not much help when injured.

Beyond that, not much.

I do hope Shep stays, but I doubt he will.

I don't think Fatts will come back, either.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I hope Shep stays, could be beneficial. Start next season under more normal circumstances, with this year as a Ram under his belt against this competition. He would have more opportunities to improve his stock.
GO RAMS
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

If Fatts does come back by some miracle, do they count this season in the record books or do they just count next season? Because having an extra year to chalk up stats doesn't make sense.
Keeping things in perspective...
Hurley (12-18):
Y1 8-21 (T14th), Y2 14-18 (10th), Y3 23-10 (T2nd, NIT), Y4 17-15 (7th), Y5 25-10 (T3rd, NCAA), Y6 26-8 (1st, NCAA).
Miller (22-?):
Y1 9-22 (14th), Y2 12-20 (T10th).
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago I hope Shep stays, could be beneficial. Start next season under more normal circumstances, with this year as a Ram under his belt against this competition. He would have more opportunities to improve his stock.
Is he even eligible for another year? I ask because I'm not 100% sure. I believe I did see that graduate transfers (maybe graduate students in general) are not eligible for another season. I would certainly love to see him play another season, he's a fun player to watch who has really improved.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Bos8 wrote: 3 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago I hope Shep stays, could be beneficial. Start next season under more normal circumstances, with this year as a Ram under his belt against this competition. He would have more opportunities to improve his stock.
Is he even eligible for another year? I ask because I'm not 100% sure. I believe I did see that graduate transfers (maybe graduate students in general) are not eligible for another season. I would certainly love to see him play another season, he's a fun player to watch who has really improved.
He is eligible but whether he returns is another story.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago
Blows my mind people are still asking if players are eligible next season.

It has been posted a million times in every thread since October.
Go Rhody
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago

Blows my mind people are still asking if players are eligible next season.

It has been posted a million times in every thread since October.
It blows my mind that people are expected to read every thread since October. 99% of the threads are a bitchfest filled with people railroading every discussion towards the direction they want to take it. You have to read each thread to find the few posts that actually contain information. Makes me miss the Projo days!
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

rhodylocal wrote: 3 years ago If Fatts does come back by some miracle, do they count this season in the record books or do they just count next season? Because having an extra year to chalk up stats doesn't make sense.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Smokinjimit2 wrote: 3 years ago Play a zone stick one of them on top. Like we did with Lamar back in the day
Yes. And Dj when he is in. Would give us the same disruption.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

McRam wrote: 3 years ago
Smokinjimit2 wrote: 3 years ago Play a zone stick one of them on top. Like we did with Lamar back in the day
Yes. And Dj when he is in. Would give us the same disruption.
We would need a coach who knows what a zone is first. Then he would need to identify it's happening. Then he would need to make adjustments. Cox would just call a timeout and send in the practice squad.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......do coaches get another year because of Covid.......? :lol: :lol:
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Makhel's footwork is really impressive. That spin move to his left hand early in the game was a thing of beauty.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yes he is really good with his back to the basket moves gonna be fun to watch he and his twin going forward