3/14 | La Salle | 12:00PM (NBCSN) | A10 2nd Round

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Re: 3/14 | La Salle | 12:00PM (NBCSN) | A10 2nd Round

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

steviep123 wrote: 5 years ago Love this:

YEAH RESE
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 5 years ago Big point of coaching development - when Omar comes in Cox switches to a zone. Wasn’t doing that earlier in the year. Love improvement and I love being wrong.
Yeah, so please take that bullshit out of your signature now lol please and thanks! LOL
Believe me I thought about it but I’m superstitious and it keeps working!!! Make me a pariah! I’m an idiot! Ask my wife! I want to be wrong through Sunday!
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Few thoughts for Thursday.

1) Rhody looked legit. Cox has made some serious adjustments and its working. Plus, guys are making shots. Always helps. On to VCU.

2) Although half the stadium was under the age of 15, it was a great turnout for a 12pm game in the second round. 5x the URI fans vs Las.

3) Not sure if anybody stayed for the GW bridge GM game. But the George Mason band was insane. It was like being in a 90s rock concert. Good stuff.
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

LaSalle looked like we did 3 weeks ago.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Watched the game on our laptop in a Mcdonalds in S.C. on the way to Florida . Guys played a good game overall . Have to pick up the 3 pt. shooting against VCU though . Very happy. One down and 3 to go. Achieve the dream.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 5 years ago I need a video of the A-10 handing him the Second Team plaque and then him dropping the plaque directly into the trash.

"Yo, where my awards at?" Love it! Even more motivation for Cyril to go Beast Mode all weekend!!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Bill Koch says we don't get an NIT bid even if we beat VCU tomorrow.

PROVE HIM WRONG FELLAS! WIN THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT AND SHOCK THE WORLD!!
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

PeteRI wrote: 5 years ago Bill Koch says we don't get an NIT bid even if we beat VCU tomorrow.

We likely would not get an NIT bid even if we made it all the way to the finals and lost. Our NET ranking is in the 130's. Needs to be top 75 range for NIT at large invite. It is pretty simple - NCAA auto bid or nothing as far as the post season goes.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

NCAAs or Bust!!!!!!!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago NCAAs or Bust!!!!!!!
I see what you did there. :D
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Having to work plus with NBCSN doing today's and tomorrow's games, can't watch it, but at least sneaking updates on my phone.

Keep it up! Think we have a real shot tomorrow. Need to somehow keep the legs fresh for the end game, because it will be a physical affair.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

That was awesome watching that game

We are hitting our stride now

Watch out VCU !!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I listened to most of the game on the radio. I was going to watch it on my phone on the Contour app from Cox, but they wanted me to hook up to my home wifi. wtf is that? If I'm home, I'll watch on the big screen but to not be able to watch it on my phone away from the house?
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago I was very pleased to find a bar in Providence (Brass Monkey) that had the URI game audio on. Sure, I got there right at 11:30 when they opened to make sure that was the case. And all the PC fans were pissed the URI audio was on. Once URI was up 30 I "allowed" them to switch it up. ha ha ha. Go Rhody!!
Reading this made me giddy. Well done! Pee Cee fans seem to get a hair across their ass for everything.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

spookydog wrote: 5 years ago I was very pleased to find a bar in Providence (Brass Monkey) that had the URI game audio on. Sure, I got there right at 11:30 when they opened to make sure that was the case. And all the PC fans were pissed the URI audio was on. Once URI was up 30 I "allowed" them to switch it up. ha ha ha. Go Rhody!!
This x 10,000
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago I listened to most of the game on the radio. I was going to watch it on my phone on the Contour app from Cox, but they wanted me to hook up to my home wifi. wtf is that? If I'm home, I'll watch on the big screen but to not be able to watch it on my phone away from the house?
Just get the Nbs sports app and you can stream it
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago I listened to most of the game on the radio. I was going to watch it on my phone on the Contour app from Cox, but they wanted me to hook up to my home wifi. wtf is that? If I'm home, I'll watch on the big screen but to not be able to watch it on my phone away from the house?
I don't call them Coxsuckers for nothing. :oops: No FiOs in my building means crap Internet and lame mobile TV.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

You can't stream it if your provider ie Comcast or Cox does not have a streaming contract even if you have the channels at home. I have comcast and they don't have streaming for either some of it by phone NBCSN or CBSSN so the NBC Sports app wouldn't' work. I did find a solution . Get a free 7 day trial for
HULU + Live TV and then you can get it on your phone or laptop. That's how we watched the game while on our way to Florida today. We used both our phone in the car and then laptop at Mc Donalds where they have free wifi.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Hats off to ya, luke... on the way to FLA, wanting to watch Rhody hoops...and luke decides to make both happen at the same time. Well played, luke, well played. Enjoy FL!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Projo LaSalle Game Story

ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

PeteRI wrote: 5 years ago Bill Koch says we don't get an NIT bid even if we beat VCU tomorrow.

Talk to me nice!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

PeteRI wrote: 5 years ago
I don't call them Coxsuckers for nothing. :oops: No FiOs in my building means crap Internet and lame mobile TV.
Once basketball season is complete my Contour box is getting GENTLY placed on the center at the Cox Solutions Store in South County Commons. TAKE THAT! I've had enough of their garbage. I'm actually doing a YouTube TV trial today to watch the game at work. Can't skip out to a watch party. Oh well.
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago
Once basketball season is complete my Contour box is getting GENTLY placed on the center at the Cox Solutions Store in South County Commons. TAKE THAT! I've had enough of their garbage. I'm actually doing a YouTube TV trial today to watch the game at work. Can't skip out to a watch party. Oh well.
I dumped Fios TV for YoutubeTV and couldn't be happier. YoutubeTV and do ESPN+ monthly during the season means I basically dont miss any games and dont have to deal with cable. win-win
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Da_Process_Survivor wrote: 5 years ago

I dumped Fios TV for YoutubeTV and couldn't be happier. YoutubeTV and do ESPN+ monthly during the season means I basically dont miss any games and dont have to deal with cable. win-win

You're my hero. I just signed up for YouTube TV free trial. Is it $40 flat rate per month, or does Gina try to get her hands in there by applying taxes/fees/extortion?
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

You're my hero. I just signed up for YouTube TV free trial. Is it $40 flat rate per month, or does Gina try to get her hands in there by applying taxes/fees/extortion?
yup, flat $40 a month. no taxes or fees

i had wanted to cord cut for a while, but never did because of NESN. So getting NESN, NBCSports, CBSSports, Golf on YoutubeTV made it an easy choice. That and if cable ever went a la carte, I'd basically pick the Youtube TV line up anyways

Everything just is easier too on TV with it. The on demand works like Netflix, pausing and scrolling through Live TV is nice.
---
---
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

i had wanted to cord cut for a while, but never did because of NESN. So getting NESN, NBCSports, CBSSports, Golf on YoutubeTV made it an easy choice. That and if cable ever went a la carte, I'd basically pick the Youtube TV line up anyways

Everything just is easier too on TV with it. The on demand works like Netflix, pausing and scrolling through Live TV is nice.
Watching the game now on Chrome. Picture is perfect. I'm going to like trying this out when I get home tonight since I already have the YouTube TV app on my TV. I think as soon as I have time, my cable box is going BYE BYE!! The Cox Communications customer service is pathetic -- every time I call in I have to repeat my request.
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Watching the game now on Chrome. Picture is perfect. I'm going to like trying this out when I get home tonight since I already have the YouTube TV app on my TV. I think as soon as I have time, my cable box is going BYE BYE!! The Cox Communications customer service is pathetic -- every time I call in I have to repeat my request.
if you like movies, you'll quickly fall in love with IFC, Freeform and FXX/FXM
---
---
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Perfect, thank you! I have prime and the movie selection isn't as good for what's included as opposed to renting/buying it.