11/24 | Stony Brook Seawolves | 2PM (ESPN+)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Re: 11/24|Stony Brook|2PM

Unread post by RIFan »

This team is about as well coached as a jerry d’s ...there’s nothing positive to hang your hat on. It is early in cox’s Career but I hoped there would be at least something we could say he looks like he is doing well.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Anything of note in the post game news conference?
PaulieMash
Abdul Fox

Unread post by PaulieMash »

The guys looked very complacent out there. Awful shot selection. Aside from Fatts, Jeff and Cyril, really soft defense. Harris needs to be reminded that he was a top 100 talent and play like it. Also, they were clearly were lost against a zone D. Tons of trash talking by URI. It looked like they knew they were more talented, but weren't willing to show it. I know its early but I hope this isn't what a Cox coached team will continue to look like. If this is what this regime is going to be like, Coach Cox can forget about the Ferraris and focus on a bus pass.
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Body language is bad. This team needs a leader and a coach that demands respect.
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

adam914 wrote: 5 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago -Fatts being coached like we are afraid he might transfer so let’s let him do whatever he wants
I almost brought this up but thought I would get killed for it. I had the same thought, especially after that comment about the game winning shot the other night.
I had this thought as well. Part of me believes he wanted to go with Hurley (and still does) and was convinced to stay because Hurley feared the negative reaction/press of him poaching Rhody players.

He seems to be trying to shoot his way out of town, literally.
'No Mercy.'
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago That is not the only option. We are not a bad shooting team we are a team taking a plethora of bad shots. We aren’t missing open threes. Fatts is chucking fade away step backs, Jeff having to shoot off the dribble from 25 feet. These are low percentage shots for Larry Bird.

In the same way the FR aren’t being inserted into roles but being expected to do everything well. Not realistic. They need to be the beneficiary of good offense, right now they aren’t.

This is a team that should run some flex or another continuity motion that doesn’t always rely so heavily on dribble drive and high ball screen Iso to generate looks. This isn’t a roster of EC,Jared, Jarvis, Dowtin that all could play well off PnR. Right now we have Jeff who i trust to make decisions with the ball. It gets sticky in Fatts hands. CT isn’t confident enough yet to try and initiate. So we need to move it more, spray it around, get more people involved and active. Our shot selection is driving our putrid shooting pct not our shooters.
Fatts missed a wide open three, he had at least 3 seconds to set. He missed it.
Ramrod
Kenny Green

Unread post by Ramrod »

Rewatching the game, because I missed it and I'm a glutton for punishment I guess. I wanted to see the carnage with my own eyes.

I have to say I was surprised to see the team was actually playing decently well for the first 12 minutes of the game. Up 19-18 at the under 8 with a bunch of opportunities to grow the lead. The team was actually playing with some good energy, even with Cyril on the bench with foul trouble. Definitely a few poor shots, but not outrageous. There did look to be an offensive game plan at this point in the game, the defense was good enough, but not great, considering Cyril was out of the game for 8 of those 12 minutes.

What I did notice was the freshman playing way too many minutes at that point in the game and all making some pretty poor freshman mistakes. Tate with an offensive foul on a transition layup when he should have passed it to Silverio. Silverio with a bad early three on one possession and a turnover on a forced drive on another. Harris with a bad early three. Martin was out there but was kind of invisible. At one point Cox had all 4 freshman on the court at once which I was surprised to see. The offense really stalled at this point and even when the vets came back in. Fatts, who had been playing decently well up until that point, started taking some really ill-advised threes. Preston took some wide open (for a reason) outside shots. None of our shots fell (or were even close), and SB went on a run of 3 three's in a row. That was basically all she wrote.

Cyril has to learn to not get these offensive fouls. He's made the same mistake over and over again of just barreling his shoulder into the guy who is standing right in front of him. It's not acceptable. If I was scouting him, it would be the first thing I would do is just stand and hold my ground when defending him. Don't ever try to go up and block his shot, just wait for him to charge into you. Overall, the first 12 minutes weren't as atrocious as I was expecting. The wheels came off after that, and coach never got the team back on track.

Agree with the posters that said expectations for this team (mine included, and even I had them on the lower end at 16-14 with an outside shot at top 4 in the A10) were just too high with 4 out of 9 core players as freshmen, and a freshman head coach. This is going to be a year with more moments like this, but hopefully a few bright spots. I do believe in this team's talent and the talent coming in next year as well.

My reset expectations are that the non-conference is going to be pretty ugly, and if the team can weather that storm and start clicking come A10 play, they can surprise folks come A10 tourney time.
Last edited by Ramrod 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 5 years ago Anything of note in the post game news conference?
This was a little shocking.
“We will be good when we are good.”
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago
KevanBoyles wrote: 5 years ago Anything of note in the post game news conference?
This was a little shocking.
Agreed. Of the FR today he seemed to be active early on, played first couple minutes 2nd half and never seen again.
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

This loss is absolutely on Coach Cox and he knows it. Let's see how he adjusts. It's just too early in the season for these young players and too early in Coach Cox's HC career to start with Baron 2.0 statements and scream that the sky is falling. I think seeing significant improvement by the end of conference play is a really what we should look for.

I also remember not too long ago getting blown out at home by a couple of bad A-10 teams at home during the past good years. Take a deep breath.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Ramrod I understand your point about the Fr but here are the numbers for the others:
Fatts 4-15, 1-7, 4 TOs, horrible D giving up drives to basket
Jeff 5-12, 0-6 - Jeff had 4 points in the first half
Thompson 3-9, 1-5 - did nothing offensively in the first half
Cyril 5-8, FT 5-9, 3 TOs - Cyril’s #s misleading because he can’t finish when he gets touched. Missed 4 opportunities for 3 point plays

When Rhody was up 19-18 Harris had 4 points and Tate had 4 points.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

It's on Cox with this young team. He has to step up and hammer these guys with leadership. I just hope he has the ability to do so.
Mobley was fouled.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

I thought Harris played assertive finally in the first half. Shocked Cox wouldn’t play him in the second half.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rhodysurf wrote: 5 years ago I thought Harris played assertive finally in the first half. Shocked Cox wouldn’t play him in the second half.
Things were going so well with Thompson at the 4 he didn’t want to mess things up :shock:

I didn’t get it.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

KevanBoyles wrote: 5 years ago I don’t remember seeing a Hurley team play this all around bad. Embarrassing.
Not so long ago. Last home game with Dan at the helm. Senior night beat down.

The overreacting here is what’s embarrassing. Everyone trying to one up the other on how upset or angry they are. Bad look.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Ramrod
Kenny Green

Unread post by Ramrod »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Ramrod I understand your point about the Fr but here are the numbers for the others:
Fatts 4-15, 1-7, 4 TOs, horrible D giving up drives to basket
Jeff 5-12, 0-6 - Jeff had 4 points in the first half
Thompson 3-9, 1-5 - did nothing offensively in the first half
Cyril 5-8, FT 5-9, 3 TOs - Cyril’s #s misleading because he can’t finish when he gets touched. Missed 4 opportunities for 3 point plays

When Rhody was up 19-18 Harris had 4 points and Tate had 4 points.
Yeah, good points. I think CT was fine, need more of him frankly and I hope that develops. The turning point was really when the vets came back in and started taking terrible shots. The defense was okay, 12 turnovers forced in the first half and SB did not shoot well. Gave up too many drives to the basket.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote: 5 years ago
KevanBoyles wrote: 5 years ago I don’t remember seeing a Hurley team play this all around bad. Embarrassing.

The overreacting here is what’s embarrassing. Everyone trying to one up the other on how upset or angry they are. Bad look.
The fans aren't embarrassing. That AAU team on the court tonight was.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I was at the game, and this was definitely a complete WTF game. We shot terribly, and the freshman are giving almost nothing (production wise) At one time we had 4 freshman in the game, and it looked as though Cox wanted to see if they can be relied upon can, or if they can give us something. They didn’t. Coach acknowledged this game was on him, so 4 games in, I’m hopeful this lights a fire under EVERYONE’s ass. I’m not going to cry about it, this Stony Brook team did beat an SEC team this season and are now 5-1. Nova did lose to Furman, with a Hall if Fame coach. Shit happens. As for Fatts, I’d be at my wits end if it weren’t for the Harvard game, but I’m nearly fed up once again. I don’t think Cox will really turn maniacal on Fatts until someone else proves that they can wake up and play basketball like the have actually played the game before.
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago

The fans aren't embarrassing. That AAU team on the court tonight was.
It's not mutually exclusive. It can be both and it is.
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Fan is short for fanatic...not logical, sensible or reasonable. Wish the team played with the same fire as the fans.
Last edited by RIFan 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Sorry, I haven't seen one embarrassing post by a fan on this board tonight. Just reactions to an embarrassing game.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Forget that Fatts made a game winner against Harvard who were without two regulars, his season stats are horrendous.
NCAAs or Bust!
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Fatts shooting from the field is killing this team right now. Making matters even worse, is that he has made more attempts than any other player. Even Dowtin who has logged more minutes (20m more YTD thus far) has less shot attempts.

Fatts Shooting:
17-63 FGA .270
6-31 3FGA .194
18-21 FTA .857

The problems are however bigger than just Russell. The only player that has performed well thus far is Dowtin. Every other player on the team has been a disappointment. Langevine may have a good FG % but he turns the ball over far too much, shoots free throws poorly, and gives too many fouls. Thompson has not gotten anything going yet. Freshmen are all too green and make the expected mistakes with none really breaking out.

Stony Brook in my opinion was not just a better team on this day, they are a better team overall thus far this season. This was their third road win as they have registered victories at GW, South Carolina, and now URI. This Rhody team will probably not reach that many OOC wins away from Kingston. With just two more OOC games at home, maintaining a .500 record before league play probably will not be attained. Looks like this team has a fairly low ceiling.
Last edited by RF1 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

the team was emBARONsing

Don’t put this on the fans who demand a better effort

STONY BROOK - what a joke
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

wake up COX wake up
Donuts90
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Donuts90 »

Fatts is a volume shooter who will be streaky. He’s still the best player wearing a Rams uniform. As he goes, go the Rams. He needs to take better shots, but there will be growing pains as he goes from spark plug to the Man.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Donuts90 wrote: 5 years ago Fatts is a volume shooter who will be streaky. He’s still the best player wearing a Rams uniform. As he goes, go the Rams. He needs to take better shots, but there will be growing pains as he goes from spark plug to the Man.
Fatts Russell is in no way, shape, or form, close to being a better player than Jeff Dowtin.

End of story.
Go Rhody
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

FATTS the best player ??!

WoW

he can’t hit the side of the barn

I had enough of his poor shooting

wake up FATTS wake up
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

I sit across from uri bench.. Harris was riding bike in 2nd half, limped over to the bench rubbing his hamstring and sat on bench much of 2nd half stretching it out or rubbing it.. If he's not hurt than cox not playing him over Preston is a mistake.. He sure acted hurt
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhody15 wrote: 5 years ago
Donuts90 wrote: 5 years ago Fatts is a volume shooter who will be streaky. He’s still the best player wearing a Rams uniform. As he goes, go the Rams. He needs to take better shots, but there will be growing pains as he goes from spark plug to the Man.
Fatts Russell is in no way, shape, or form, close to being a better player than Jeff Dowtin.

End of story.
Agreed. That should not even be a debate. Dowtin is better than Fatts and better than every other player on this team. BY A WIDE MARGIN.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......well, just home after a lobby roll at George’s.......read and digested all the posts......my observations are.......Coach seems to be dabbling in territory of what worked under last few years with different lead players.......and not having the attention of the players to execute.......I also think Coach has got a lot, maybe too much inputs from the assistant coaches......democracy is often a good thing, not always on a basketball bench.......having not any head coach stamp on a previous program, maybe he is holding onto the past and trying to find his way.......and is struggling....the players seem to have a green light to burp it up from anywhere......The Harris early threes flashed me back to early Jon Holden days......the team help side defense is not there, as we give up way to many scoring drives to hoop.......the collective output from the freshmen is at the current pace is simply not showing any game development.......we are suffering from collective expectation hangovers from the last few years that are turning into diminishing results this year......Coach Carroll in his pre game talk seemed to imply that the what we see is what we get regarding the freshmen......in that growth and transition to DI is not an automatic switch.....at this point the ceiling for me remains at .500 season.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

steveystuds06 wrote: 5 years ago Listen I’m furious and a loss like this is unacceptable but can we please not bring up Dan Hurley everytime we have have a bad game? He’s gone.
Sry brah...ain't happening.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Stony Brook’s two freshmen out scored our four freshman 12-8, on the road. I’m not asking for them to go out and carry the team, but I’m also not ready for a season full of excuses either.

Still plenty of time to get things moving in the right direction, but not much to be encouraged about so far.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Since I was fortunate enough to not be able to see the game today.....after reading all of these posts....it's discouraging to see that there isn't just any one glaring problem....it's a whole bunch of glaring problems.....

the biggest issue I see, is that I thought we were going to get away from the dribble drive iso or stand around and chuck up 3's approach, that we used to do a lot....we could get away with that at times the last couple of seasons, but with this group it will not work.

That and the lack of intensity and resulting poor defense.
Last edited by rambone 78 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Agree Senior Night was a disaster but this afternoon was different because the entire team showed no sense of urgency, desire, and a total lack of intensity. They acted like they didn’t care.
Last edited by KevanBoyles 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Any mention of Fatts being the best player on this team is ludicrous. He is certainly the fastest and has mad hops, but that's really it. He is not a streaky shooter. Streaky shooters make 6 or 7 shots in a row. Fatts has never done that. He has made some big shots in big moments and I think that's why he's been made to seem better than he really is. I'm not saying he can't be a great player. He's just not there yet.

This team is a flat out poor shooting team. The 3 point percentage aside, their shots are not even close. We don't see many back rims or in and out. They are missing badly. Not sure why Harris is taking 3 pointers. Does he make them in practice? Cyril should NEVER shoot a jump shot from any distance. Ryan Preston should probably not be shooting jumpers either.

I'm trying to maintain patience and maybe it's too early, but how about moving Fatts to the bench as a little shake up? Not as a punishment and you can still give him his 30 minutes, but maybe give Martin or Silverio a chance to play with the other starters and maybe that helps their development. Just a thought...please don't kill me. :ugeek:
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

More like chuck and duck !

I think I can shoot better

So much for GONZAGA of the EAST
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago I was at the game, and this was definitely a complete WTF game. We shot terribly, and the freshman are giving almost nothing (production wise) At one time we had 4 freshman in the game, and it looked as though Cox wanted to see if they can be relied upon can, or if they can give us something. They didn’t. Coach acknowledged this game was on him, so 4 games in, I’m hopeful this lights a fire under EVERYONE’s ass. I’m not going to cry about it, this Stony Brook team did beat an SEC team this season and are now 5-1. Nova did lose to s Furman, with a Hall if Fame coach. Shit happens. As for Fatts, I’d be at my wits end if it weren’t for the Harvard game, but I’m nearly fed up once again. I don’t think Cox will really turn maniacal on Fatts until someone else proves that they can wake up and play basketball like the have actually played the game before.

I had promised myself that I would never compare Hurley the coach to Cox, but I am breaking my promise.

The truth is, that game 2 of the season, the first time Fatts threw up a playground 3, he would have yanked him. If he had to sit him until he learned he would--- really disappointed that the coaching staff is not having the team improve from game to game.

Could this be the new definition of one and done!!!!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

I see nothing wrong w blasting this team and being frustrated w losing and lack of effort to stony brook of all teams

I will make no apologies for blasting them

Somebody needs to throw a chair and if that’s me then that’s fine

I love URI and the basketball team and I cannot accept today’s results without being fired up
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Again don't really want to bring up DH, but at least his teams were able to stay in games due to intense defense, when the offense was misfiring badly.

Cox needs to light a fire under these guys.....hoping he can do that.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Why not bring up DH ?

he was a great coach
URI2006_Andy
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by URI2006_Andy »

One of the first possessions of the game, Langevine took one dribble to the hoop, saw a potential double team coming and kicked it out to an open CT for 3. CT missed the shot but I was encouraged to see Langevine recognize a situation where he had been turning it over and, instead, make a great read and pass. And CT found his spot on the floor and was ready to shoot.

Second half, one of the first possessions. Langevine got the ball, put his head down and dribbled into 3 guys and the ball was stripped lose. The other 4 guys standing around. Ultimately, Cyril got lucky and the ball bounced his way and he finished with a layup.

Those 2 plays sum up the game. To start the game, guys trusted each other. As the game went on, that trust slowly disappeared. The body lanagauge got worse and worse. Felt like the team accepted defeat with still a lot of time left to play.

Yes, we’re a young team. But, you don’t need to be an upperclassman to know that you have to trust your teammates and to keep grinding even when the shots aren’t falling.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......regarding the DH look back and comparisons to current team/coach.....they will continue, just deal with it......following a successful coach and rebuild is neva without it......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

A few observations:
1) there were a quite a few folks applauding for the promise of an up tempo, free wheeling offense under Cox. The problem is that the young freshman need structure. Our current offensive sets have very little of that. Almost none of it really.
2) Ballscreens are slow to happen and are not set well. Youngsters need some help here. Dowtin has to beg repeatedly for high help screens.
3) When a good roll off a screen happens it is not rewarded with a quick pass. CT had a number a wide rolls into open spacing for easy 12-15 footers but never saw a pass
4) the low post sets are killing us. CL starts too low on the block and has little room to do anything but bowl people over, shoot from almost behind the backboard, or throw it away whe pressured on a double team. Bring back the high post that Andre used so well last year (CL too). It helps with freeing up shots on the wings and allows quicker screen help up top. This will help offer some better shot selection
5) Defense away from the paint is fine but teams are spending a lot of time in the lane and getting there easily. This needs attention.

Time for tough love. We need to be working on some fundamentals. The kids will be fine if they are given a structured plan they can be successful in.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Yup, sure happened with Dan with the Baron 2.0 thread.

If Cox flops, what will we call it? Baron 3.0? lol
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 5 years ago the team was emBARONsing

Don’t put this on the fans who demand a better effort

STONY BROOK - what a joke
Agreed - lose a close game to Stony Brook at home, ok, I can live with it. Getting embarrassed at home the whole game is unacceptable. Step it up boys!
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

I’m not the type to call out a player but I have to say that Martin is getting huge minutes for a freshman and he is doing less than nothing. Now I would be fine if he was missing shots or turning it over, attacking the rim and getting stuffed...etc. He is literally invincible out there. He is not asserting himself in the game at all. He took 2 shots today. He has not attacked the rim once in 4 games. To make matters worse he has the worse body language/ intensity I have ever seen. He plays with no fire whatsoever. Why is he getting so many minutes? Omar plays very hard with fire and seems a lot more comfortable offensively. Omar is playing a quarter of his minutes. Martin looks like his dog just died yesterday out there. He had 0 points and 5 fouls today in extended minutes. That’s difficult to do. I know he isn’t getting many touches and plays aren’t being designed for him but for gods sake please make a drive to the basket or get an offensive put back. Yell, swear, just assert yourself into the game! I hit my boiling point with him today. He just seems like he is going through the motions out there. Fatts might not be efficient as of late but at least he is giving it his all offensively. Again I would be fine if Martin was missing shots or making bad decisions but he has been like a lamp post out there. I know he has talent.....what is wrong with this kid? He was highly recruited....I just dint understand why he isn’t even trying to contribute offensively. Is it a confidencd thing? It’s clear that Fatts is trying to do too much and is getting frustrated. He needs to be coached right now. Fatts offense needs to be simplified. When he has the lane and can get to the rim then by all means he should be attacking with his speed and talent. When he does penetrate the lane and th D collapses or he has a 6”8 guy wanting to stuff him then he needs to kick the ball back out to Thompson, Martin or Silviero who should for the most part have a decent look at a shot. This is what he isn’t doing enough of. Then again nobody else out there looks like they want to do anything. Fatts is a transition shooter and he should stick with that shot selection. Fatts is a special talent and I know he will be fine when all is said and done. We need a lot of coaching right now. We have 2 point guards in Dowtin and Fatts and we have nothing much at the 2 or the 3 and the 4 spot has not been effective yet with Harris and Preston. I think Cyril has been playing his ass off and has been very impactful on both ends of the court. It’s unfortunate for us that we have two very good point guards that both have to play at the same time. Dowtin is a point guard... no question as is Fatts. Fatts isn’t a 2 nor is Dowtin, It’s a tough situation to have because clearly they are our two best guards. We need to be coached up and quickly or we will lose to Brown this week.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

"4) the low post sets are killing us. CL starts too low on the block and has little room to do anything but bowl people over, shoot from almost behind the backboard, or throw it away whe pressured on a double team. Bring back the high post that Andre used so well last year (CL too). It helps with freeing up shots on the wings and allows quicker screen help up top. This will help offer some better shot selection"

you do this and you take CL out of any chance to score. He doesn't have near the touch that Andre Berry had and I don't want him taking jumpers. And he's a turnover machine if he puts the ball on the floor from there.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Agree the FR need structure. They need to get buckets in the flow of offense not be asked to create their own offense. I have yet to see anyone try to get Jermaine the ball either in PnR or down on block. We better clean things up quickly or next saturday will be a bloodbath.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

RhodyRam86 wrote: 5 years ago "4) the low post sets are killing us. CL starts too low on the block and has little room to do anything but bowl people over, shoot from almost behind the backboard, or throw it away whe pressured on a double team. Bring back the high post that Andre used so well last year (CL too). It helps with freeing up shots on the wings and allows quicker screen help up top. This will help offer some better shot selection"

you do this and you take CL out of any chance to score. He doesn't have near the touch that Andre Berry had and I don't want him taking jumpers. And he's a turnover machine if he puts the ball on the floor from there.
I agree with both of these statements. I don’t think moving Cyril further away from basket will help, he doesn’t have great ball skills and is not a threat outside of 5 feet from hoop. But I also don’t think a winning formula is continual pounding of the ball to him on low post. He isn’t a great passer, he is prone to committing charging fouls especially the way guys flop now, and he can be a black hole at times. I’m ok with him getting a few touches there but his points should come from offensive rebounds and dump offs down low from penetrating guards. Fatts, my man, that means drawing and dishing when u draw bigs not trying to gyrate and make the hardest layup of all time.