URI Game Replays

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Re: URI Game Replays

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

YES!!!!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I had to watch it again. I just can't help myself :D
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Not a lot of “plays” being run, just big time players making big time plays in a big time game. There were numerous times down the court where Tyson or Cat just took their man 1 on 1. What some here call “hero ball” Bc they are pining for the Bobby Knight motion offense. At end of day basketball is a game of read and react not a bunch of set plays that result in easy baskets.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yeah that 98 team would beat us by about 40 right now... would beat the hell out of most teams right. It was really evident to me how much more fundamentally sound players were in 98 compared to now.

Great to finally watch Rhody on that great day!

Kansas' guards were nowhere near as good as Wheeler and Mobley. We just flat out beat them.

God I want us to get back in the dance. Please let there be a miracle in the A-10 tourney this year..
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Could make a case that was our best win ever

I will have to watch it again
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Added the seton hall game. VCU away prob next

bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

That team had dudes. Tyson, Cat and ARD played with a chip on their shoulder. After the first media timeout Tyson had 2 fouls and they were owning us on the boards and could have run away from us. But that team was too tough and Harrick was the reason. He gave them the confidence they could beat anyone. That is what a great coach does, not diagram genius Xs and Os. You could see Cat wanted to go at an All American. Tyson played fearless even if he missed 4 shots in a row. IMO the 3 qualities of a great coach are the ability to recruit, motivate and build chemistry. So far DC has proven good at 1 of those things, the other 2 is where he needs to show improvement.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Harrick was a great coach for that squad made Cat the focal point and we should have went to the Final 4
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I’m relieved the Kansas game is in the archive again after losing my master edited DVD.

Thank you BlueRam for offering your coveted DVD to Surf.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Ramulous
Sly Williams

Unread post by Ramulous »

Can this thread be pinned?
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

ATPTourFan wrote: 3 years ago I’m relieved the Kansas game is in the archive again after losing my master edited DVD.

Thank you BlueRam for offering your coveted DVD to Surf.
ATP

I was looking through some old boxes this past weekend and came across the original VHS tapes that i lent you to make the magic DVD. Ahh the memories.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Good times, Hoooooopz.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

Those three 3s by Jeff is the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back for more, even during down seasons like the current one.
That night at the RC was a feeling I will be able to recall for the next 30 years
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 3 years ago Those three 3s by Jeff is the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back for more, even during down seasons like the current one.
That night at the RC was a feeling I will be able to recall for the next 30 years
And Cox was the coach at that point. Confusing.

I dont think after blowing out VCU like that we could have possibly imagined the predicament we would be in now.
ngriff
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ngriff »

Was trying to watch some of the older games and I wasnt able to, it said the account was terminated or something like that, is it just me or is it like that for everyone. One example is the syracuse game
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

I had that same experience with a more recent game, the VCU game at Ryan in late January, 2020
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Put this one on the list lol!
ms1111
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by ms1111 »

I took a few minutes to watch some of the Temple/URI game from 1987 at Keaney Gym. It reminded me of something i had forgotten.

There was no video scoreboard for pre-game team introductions years ago. The opposing team was introduced first and a tradition at Keaney was when the 2nd or 3rd opposing team player was introduced - a slow loud synchronous clap would begin by the home fans. It would slowly pick up pace and sound and by the time the home team players were introduced it was fast and at a crescendo. It was the crowds way of rallying themselves and the team in the days before pre game video.

I had completely forgotten about that until I watched the pre-game intro of URI & Temple from 1987. Great memories.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow great high lites of Ernie C and Frank K
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ms1111 wrote: 3 years ago I took a few minutes to watch some of the Temple/URI game from 1987 at Keaney Gym. It reminded me of something i had forgotten.

There was no video scoreboard for pre-game team introductions years ago. The opposing team was introduced first and a tradition at Keaney was when the 2nd or 3rd opposing team player was introduced - a slow loud synchronous clap would begin by the home fans. It would slowly pick up pace and sound and by the time the home team players were introduced it was fast and at a crescendo. It was the crowds way of rallying themselves and the team in the days before pre game video.

I had completely forgotten about that until I watched the pre-game intro of URI & Temple from 1987. Great memories.
I did a search for this game on you tube and instead came across PC v URI Dec 1988 our starting back court Herb Dixon and Steve Lane ouch !!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Does anybody know where I can see a replay of the PC URI game?
I failed to set it for recording, went to the game and then while at the game saw a number of plays I’d like to look back on.
Thanks
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Great. Thank you PCFriars.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Does anybody know where I can see a replay of the PC URI game?
I failed to set it for recording, went to the game and then while at the game saw a number of plays I’d like to look back on.
Thanks
You could try slamming your hand in your car door instead?
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

You could try slamming your hand in your car door instead?
[/quote]

Have done this, do not recommend.
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

Remember coming here to rewatch entertaining wins? That was the stuff.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Past games are all we got right now.
GO RAMS