Game #9: @ Providence College - InGame!!!

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: Game #9: @ Providence College - InGame!!!

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

As I've said, good posters should be welcome here.
This guy is just here to shit stir.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
El Diablo
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by El Diablo »

As I just said, Rod, I don't see why you think that. Maybe I come off as a bit of an ass, but I'm here talking basketball and discussing PC basketball and the lambs. No need for your panties to get all in a bunch like that, just because you can't handle the truth.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

get lost assclown, our FR stick think PF had his career game against you this year and he wasnt even able to dominate Vermont.

i guess act like you've been there is lost on you...chest thumping over beating next year's JV team, wow the mighty have certainly fallen.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

El Diablo wrote:Ok...And we had 6 scholarship players + 1 walk on and Cotton looked like he was about 50%, so what is your point? You don't need to inform me of anything the lambs have or will have...I know what the lambs roster looks like next year, I know what PC's roster looks like next year...It's not close. PC has more talent right now, even when missing Council and 2 other key players for this year, and are adding more superior talent next year compared to the lambs.
"We will have a stronger front court"...hilarious.

You guys should be embarrassed right now, not talking. Cooley took the Hurley boys to school and Hurley's guys got outworked, get used to it until Hurley moves to a better job in a couple years.
There is no question that PC is further along in their process at this point; they may only have 6 players but they are players that Cooley wants as part of his program going forward. This URI team is a placeholder; the two guys who will be the biggest parts of this URI program in the future just played their ninth college basketball game. I don't think that the game last night is indicative of what the games will be like over the next few years.

I feel like I've been listening to PC fans claiming their team was on the precipice of being a top-25 team for the last five years. I'll have to see it before I buy it. I expect both teams to be better next year. But if you think that PC will improve by the same increment as URI will, you don't understand URI's current situation very well. PC is much closer to what they will be than URI is.

Nobody can say for sure how much either of these teams will improve in the next year, never mind two years, because it depends a lot on how good some players we haven't seen yet turn out to be (on both sides). I would caution, though, that I wouldn't take a lot away from last night's game if I were a Friar fan. The final score probably looks good in the paper, but the game was played pretty closely for most of it and Rhody would have been a threat to win it had they gotten anything out of their best player. You may have only had a handful of guys, but those guys much more closely resembled the teams you will be sending out the next couple years than URI's did. 5 guys played 84% of URI's minutes, compared to 5 guys playing 87% of PC's minutes. The difference is that all of the guys that played big minutes for the Friars are big pieces for you guys moving forward, and all of them but Kofane have some experience. For URI, there were two guys who are big pieces moving forward, neither of whom have any experience, two seniors who will be replaced by more talented players. The PG is a soph and will have some role going forward, but his role will be much reduced next year.

So all in all, URI's roster will change more dramatically (and improve more dramatically) next year, and the guys who are here now that will be the biggest part of that team are just starting out. On the other hand, you guys will add some players but who PC was last night is in a lot of ways who they will be going forward. And had our best player not gone 0/8 on threes you could have lost that game to a team whose roster is in worse shape than yours at present.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

El Diablo wrote:Look at all the window lickers on here, maybe the saddest group of fans of any college basketball team in the country!!!
Take a look at both teams projected rosters for next year ladies. It's not even close, even if Ledo isn't here, and if you don't see that you are absolutely delusional. Cooley and PC schooled the Hurley boys with a completely depleted roster with Cotton playing on one leg and missing key players, can't wait to see what happens next year when Cooley clearly has the much suprerior team. Hope the lambs are ready to get blown out many times in the near future!
If you don't think this is the post of a troll then you're delusional.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Sure a lot of chest pounding from PC "fans" over beating
a 2-7 team, huh?
You might think they beat Indiana, from all the puffery going on.
We have a team with no real forwards. Malone and Malesevic are swingmen.
Henton had a career night. Munford stunk. Balance the two to normal performances and it's a different result.
So, now I read, Hurley is a bum. Hurley is rude. Hurley has no class. Hurley is leaving next week.
These people claim they know the future. They live in their own fantasy world, where PC is competing for the NCAA crown.
Again, not all, but some are spouting this rubbish. Probably the ones who've never been in a college classromm in their lives.
As I posted over there, I'll bet Cooley goes before Hurley.
His opening remarks in that press conference will be,
"I'm running away from home!"
Oh, and El Shito, you come here and refer to our team as "lambs" and you think
we're going to put up with that crap?
Optimistic
Kenny Green

Unread post by Optimistic »

There's nothing sadder than the fact that PC fans feel the need to come over here and troll us. They know that this is going to be the highlight of their season, so they have to savor it while they can. Enjoy your last-place finish in the Big East and good luck next year with your lineup of guys who weren't good enough to even get playing time for their original teams!
This one's optimistic
This one went to market
This one just came out of the swamp
This one dropped a payload
Fodder for the animals
Living on animal farm
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

They claim we mean little to them, that we're the shit on their shoes.
Yet this is their biggest day of the season, and will remain so.
They knock us for being obsessed with PC, yet, we see the same is true
about their obsession with URI.
Somehow, South County gets knocked, admissions get knocked, alums get knocked.
I'll put uo URI's most high profile successes up against anything PC has to offer.
For some reason, their minds wander towards things other than basketball,
and make it personal.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I keep hearing about top 100 transfers. That was high school. How come PC fans aren't talking about what these transfers did in college? Oh, right. Harris averaged under 2 points and 2 rebounds. Desrosiers in two years never scored 14 points in a game as Hare just did. Johnson played 3 games before being kicked off the team.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rodfromcranston wrote:They claim we mean little to them, that we're the shit on their shoes.
Yet this is their biggest day of the season, and will remain so.
They knock us for being obsessed with PC, yet, we see the same is true
about their obsession with URI.
Somehow, South County gets knocked, admissions get knocked, alums get knocked.
I'll put uo URI's most high profile successes up against anything PC has to offer.
For some reason, their minds wander towards things other than basketball,
and make it personal.
PC's biggest contributions to society are ambulance chasers and the corrupt politicians that have run this state into the ground. And those are the successful alumni.....

Some rich kid that couldn't parlay his private school education into an acceptance from an actual prestigious institution had a sign last night in the PC student section that said "URI is a waste of state money"

Where do you even begin with what is wrong with that statement? Everything that is wrong with the state and PC people summed up on one piece of poster board.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Sidiki should be a good get for them....Harris and Derosiers are prob both role players on a good team. So if they see a lot of time next year its not a good thing for PC.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Well said, rod, and very accurate about the typical PC modus operandi.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Deleted the troll's "farewell." I'm not giving it the satisfaction. Needless to say, it was just more inane rambling.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Here's what I posted over there. Ive had enough of their fantasy world, and their slamming us:

Gee, a lot of people here sure spend a lot of time speculating on our coach and our program.
"I thought we were soooo beneath you that we didn't matter?
Sure a lot of chest pounding beating a 2-7 team that lost to Norfolk State, Loyola, and George Mason. Lots of delusions of grandeur.
TRUTH: You're a botton feeder in the Big East. That's your history, which you can't run from. How many Big East Tournament games have they even won?
That's not a knock, but a fact.
Your ceiling? Pete Gilen was the last coach you had who won an NCAA game.1997!
PC has ONE more NCAA tourney win than URI since 1988. Think on that.
NIT? At least we went to a bunch under CFL. Won a few games, too. How about you?
So, where does all this bragadocio come from?
Sure as hell a long way from 1973, isn't it?"

Thanks for flushing the troll, TP!
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Maybe this would be a good time to re-insert that poll about "Who You Hate The Most-PC or UMass?"
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I should be more reserved here, but I honestly cannot restrain my distaste for Providence and everything they stand for. As I've said before, I have people in my life that I respect a ton and love like family (in some cases they are family) that are PC alums. Individually, they aren't all bad people. But collectively they are a plague upon our state.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

its just big fish/little pond syndrome...its an epidemic in Rhode Island.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I almost cant blame them though, this is all they have going for them, in a month they will be back to their normal spot at the bottom of the Big East standings. Have your fun now, because that's the easiest win you'll have against a Hurley led URI team for many years.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

This is reality Rod... PC hasn't been good for most of the past decade. The average PC teams have been swallowed up by the Big East conference and spit into sub-.500 records. The good teams were mostly consisting off sleeper players under Top 150, so while at times they would play well above standards, there was just never the consistent play to turn them into an NCAA contender. PC has been a bottom feeder in the BE for most of the past decade, there is fact there. PC also for even longer than that has served as the proverbial stepping stone school, until Keno Davis. Keno was really the first coach I can think of who the school promised significant money and perks. He was making a competitive salary putting him in the Top 10% of coaches nationwide, and look at what that did. They invested in a guy incapable of getting the job done, and now there is a Coach who can and will get the job done.

The reality is, PC has been a bottom feeder, but they are still in a good position right now. The talent is there to be special. Another good recruiting class will be coming in. Add in the transfers and there is a lot of Big East talent, the problem a guy like Keno Davis had (and to some extent I'm sure you saw it with Jim Baron, grabbing guys who were reaches and never met potential -- although there were probably some hits in there as well). There are still guys on PC's roster, holdovers from Keno Davis, who have no business at a Big East school. Lee Goldsbrough was low-major at best, a pickup when another French player couldn't get eligible. Bryce Kofane's best offers were to southern mid-majors and Harvard.

In the end, there is a 95% chance they and the other Big East basketball schools form a "super" basketball conference, not the same as the Big East but a good conference. Perhaps that means taking from the top of the A-10, perhaps that means absorbing most of the A-10. So you wonder why PC fans have a complex? It's no different than any person in a similar position. For right now, there is uncertainty and maybe PC isn't in the drivers seat, but they are still riding shotgun, with schools like URI praying they get picked up along the way. Personally, I think it would be kind of fun if PC and URI ended up in the same conference playing twice a year, but it's rather unlikely. Like I said, PC's worst case scenario is URI's best case scenario.

If your are a URI fan, you basically have to pray the BE basketball schools break apart, because if they stay together, you could be in the Patriot League/America East type conference.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

who do you think is standing in line with TV money for games including Depaul, Rutgers and Seton Hall. you better hope Georgetown, Marquette and St John's dont find greener pastures or you are in the america east. you are clinging, not adding, to the BE only basketball schools. you are in a tiny market, just like us. you matter little to them unless you show improvement and the ability to sustain it quickly. we have no argument that you have more talent right now, but when you speak like you are in a position of superiority it just shows you know little of the opinion of PC outside of your little bubble. if i go outside my office and ask someone on the street to name a former URI or PC alum in the nba they will say Lamar Odom. and you have an alum currently playing 5 miles from where i am sitting.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

URI to The Patriot League seems to be the newest mantra for PC fans.
Without the Big East, PC is Canisius, Holy Cross of Loyola of MD.
When Hurley builds his teams, URI will be in a far stronger position than they are today.
Of course, according to the same gurus, he's gone after next year.
Idiots.
Ramulous
Sly Williams

Unread post by Ramulous »

The beauty of the internet and these boards is that anonymous bullying digital trolls can act out their fantasies as tough guys....things they couldn't do in real life...el diablo is a prime example....he would in all likelihood soil his pants if ever confronted by a real life analog tough guy.

The great unknown for the future of the A-10 is the commitment of Xavier, Dayton, and Butler to the conference. If they do not join the basketball only big east then the A-10 will remain the best basketball only conference in the country. Without them who does the big east basketball only conference add who would have cache. The money for either conference will not approach the money even a poor BCS football conference brings.

The big east football conference is now relegated to mid-major status ( a football to basketball analogy)....in spite of the belief of many of their fans the basketball only league will be mid-major just like the A-10.
Last edited by Ramulous 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

If you really in your heart of hearts believe URI is in a better place than PC, there is no saving you.

Yes, PC hasn't been good. And yes, PC is totally riding the coattails of other programs at this time, but the odds of the basketball programs breaking apart is more on the unlikely in the scope of things. If Georgetown and Marquette break off, PC and the other 4 teams will be trying to find someone to take them in. Interestingly enough, where will they end up? A CAA? An A-10?

But as long as the basketball seven stay together, they carry the Big East name, $100 million+ in exit revenue, probably what will be close to a million per season TV contract, and a decent basketball product. As part of the basketball seven, PC holds a fair amount of power. None of the 7 teams are going to vote the others out, its just a matter of "Do they join another conference?" The world is moving towards 4 power football conferences with 16 teams. Everyone knows that. Do these small schools like Gtown go out on a limb and accept a potential invite to the ACC, only to see it destroyed when those teams filter into the B10, SEC, and B12?

In the end, the basketball schools will likely partner up with the A-10, keep the BE name, and keep MSG, but they won't be taking all of the A-10 schools. 4 or maybe 5 seems like the magic number, and on the high end, 9. They will get all those schools a better TV deal plus probably a little bonus revenue quicker. If you honestly believe URI is safer than PC, I need some of your drugs, because they must work amazing. But I would love to see URI and PC both turned around and playing in that same conference at a high level, just don't know if it shakes that way.
Ramulous
Sly Williams

Superfly

Your condescending speculative thoughts intrigue me.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

I'm sorry Ram, I usually don't come off as an ass, and I am on your board, so I do apologize.

Everyone is in a state of panic. The Big East is clearly going to break down, we all know that.

Is the A-10 strong enough to hold off the bidders? The better TV deal? MSG? More primetime? That exit revenue?

Trust me though, I would want a joint, two division setup.

Division 1 - PC, URI, SHU, St. John's, Georgetown, St. Joe's, Villanova, VCU
Division 2 - Marquette, DePaul, Dayton, Xavier, Butler, Richmond, St. Louis, Duquesne

That would leave Fordham, GW, LaSalle, UMASS, and St. Bonaventure in search of a bball conference.

I think that would be fun, but rumors have it they wouldn't want to go more than 12 teams, so then who gets cut?
peeps4life
Kenny Green

Unread post by peeps4life »

Optimistic wrote:There's nothing sadder than the fact that PC fans feel the need to come over here and troll us. They know that this is going to be the highlight of their season, so they have to savor it while they can. Enjoy your last-place finish in the Big East and good luck next year with your lineup of guys who weren't good enough to even get playing time for their original teams!
actually there is nothing sadder than rod... who was one of the few respectable posters... with the massive amount of sour grapes he is spewing in the form of hatred on scoutfriars. you guys lost to a bad big east team. i get it... i'd be embarrassed too.

and next year our lineup of 3 of the best players at their position (dunn, ledo, austin) will mesh just fine with our complementary transfers. good luck climbing the a10 ladder.

and relax... you will have many more angst filled nights in the future. no need to get bent out of shape.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

URI and Providence are both in very tenuous situations in which their fate is outside their control. There really is not as much of a gulf as some would like to portray. It will probably become even less as time goes on. PC has had the benefit of membership in the Big East reaping in excess of 1 million per year in tv money. URI basically gets little negligible TV income right now (and the new contract will only net it 350k). Both programs have been yielding similar on court results for the last two decades with that tv revenue disparity in place. That is about to change. A watered down Big East or new league will very likely bring less tv money to PC going forward. It will become more difficult just to maintain the status quo with less money. Attendance and ticket revenue may also not be at past levels given the loss of attractive high profile league partners (Syracuse, Nd, Pitt, Louisville, and possible UConn). The future for teams not in one of the new power leagues has many obstacles.
Last edited by RF1 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

peeps4life wrote:
Optimistic wrote:There's nothing sadder than the fact that PC fans feel the need to come over here and troll us. They know that this is going to be the highlight of their season, so they have to savor it while they can. Enjoy your last-place finish in the Big East and good luck next year with your lineup of guys who weren't good enough to even get playing time for their original teams!
actually there is nothing sadder than rod... who was one of the few respectable posters... with the massive amount of sour grapes he is spewing in the form of hatred on scoutfriars. you guys lost to a bad big east team. i get it... i'd be embarrassed too.

and next year our lineup of 3 of the best players at their position (dunn, ledo, austin) will mesh just fine with our complementary transfers. good luck climbing the a10 ladder.

and relax... you will have many more angst filled nights in the future. no need to get bent out of shape.

I will bet real life money that Ledo never plays a game at PC; the rest of the guys that will come in next year won't improve PC nearly as much as URI's new guys will improve our team. As far as the rest of it (the angst-filled nights, etc.), I don't think you're in a position to bring that up. It's going to be a long winter for you, too. You guys very easily could have lost to a team of misfit toys and freshmen last night had your best player gone ice cold and ours had a good night (rather than the reverse). If I were you, I'd be worried about my own program and leave us to do the same. I don't see any way that anyone that watched last night's game could be impressed with what they saw from the Friars.
peeps4life
Kenny Green

i swear... you guys almost make me think you're serious.

"the rest of the guys that will come in next year won't improve PC nearly as much as URI's new guys will improve our team."

the only thing that could have gone more wrong for the roster yesterday is if cotton didn't play. and pc still trounced you with relative ease. i would bet you a beer at next year's game that ledo leads the team in scoring... but you don't serve beer at the ryan.

the difference between me and you... i'm not worried about my program.

"had your best player gone ice cold and ours had a good night"

our best player was in a sweatsuit... and the rest of our best players were in suits. and cotton played on one knee. batts and henton are key players, but certainly not the best.

SOUR.... GRAPES....
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

I think the comparison was not with PC, but relative to their respective teams. Read it through!
Ramulous
Sly Williams

Peeps, I am also intrigued by your condescending manner.....
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

How many of these PC trolls actually are PC graduates?
Optimistic
Kenny Green

Unread post by Optimistic »

Ledo will never play a single minute in college basketball, never mind for PC. Keep dreaming.
This one's optimistic
This one went to market
This one just came out of the swamp
This one dropped a payload
Fodder for the animals
Living on animal farm
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Yup, I'm just saying the most terrible things over there.
What I said was PC hasn't been relevant since 1997.
So, I got back, "How many days in top 20 by PC".
Must've been Dan Duquette in 1990's talking about how the Red Sox were
in first place longer than any other AL East team. That they didn't make the playoffs,
didn't seem to matter in the Duke's rational.
Well, they dug in over there, did some research and voila! They briefly made the top 25 in 2001!
To me, if you FINISHED in the top 25, you could claim you were a top 25 program for
that season.
Hell, didn't we make the top 25 when CFL had us 18-3? Of course, we didn't get to the NCAAs.
The other horrible thing I asked was,
when was the last time PC even won a single game in MSG in the BE tourney?
Equally horrid was, asking, when was the last time they finished in the upper tier of BE standings?
God, I'm a baaaad man!
Crickets, but lots of insults.
Again, I don't hate PC. It's just some of their obnoxious arrogant fans that I can't stand.
You knock our coach. You knock our program. You knock the school. You knock South County.
You knock our fans.
And I'm a "dick" ( direct quote by Peeps on their board), for holding a mirror up to them?
Wow!
Now that we've stunk out the Dump, I'll be staying here. until next year, of course!
I have to admit, I feel like someone stuck a pin in our balloon, last night.
Last edited by rodfromcranston 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Answer to your question Mr. Rod:

PC last won a BE game at MSG in 2009. They beat DePaul the year they made the NIT (Keno's 1st year).

Last time you would say PC had Top 25 like season would be 2004. They played most of that Big East season in the Top 25. They were first ranked #25 in early January when Texas came to the Dunk, and won on that very controversial buzzer beater in OT. PC went unranked for a week, then stormed back up the polls, getting as high as #12 after beating a bad St. John's team in MSG. They ended up losing their next four games, including an NCAA tournament game as the #5 seed.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

This is so true:

hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Billyboy78 wrote:How many of these PC trolls actually are PC graduates?
zero
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Sure a lot of chest pounding from PC "fans" over beating
a 2-7 team, huh?
You might think they beat Indiana, from all the puffery going on.
We have a team with no real forwards. Malone and Malesevic are swingmen.
Henton had a career night. Munford stunk. Balance the two to normal performances and it's a different result.
So, now I read, Hurley is a bum. Hurley is rude. Hurley has no class. Hurley is leaving next week.
These people claim they know the future. They live in their own fantasy world, where PC is competing for the NCAA crown.
Again, not all, but some are spouting this rubbish. Probably the ones who've never been in a college classromm in their lives.
As I posted over there, I'll bet Cooley goes before Hurley.
His opening remarks in that press conference will be,
"I'm running away from home!"
Oh, and El Shito, you come here and refer to our team as "lambs" and you think
we're going to put up with that crap?
Rod, not sure what you expected for a response when you are saying things like Henton had a career night .Kid was on the all big east freshmen team last year and had several great games also not sure what game you were watching but myself and several people around me including uri fans were saying what a great job Fortune did not giving Munford any clean looks until garbage time .Also to give credit where it's due Powell; did a very good job on Cotton . You gave no credit to PC at all just that uri played horribly. I saw severall posts on the Pc board saying how good hare was going to be. How manny posts on his board from ram fans giving credit any kind of credit to any PC players seems like a lot of sour grapes to me quit being a sore loser.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

peeps4life wrote:i swear... you guys almost make me think you're serious.

"the rest of the guys that will come in next year won't improve PC nearly as much as URI's new guys will improve our team."

the only thing that could have gone more wrong for the roster yesterday is if cotton didn't play. and pc still trounced you with relative ease. i would bet you a beer at next year's game that ledo leads the team in scoring... but you don't serve beer at the ryan.

the difference between me and you... i'm not worried about my program.

"had your best player gone ice cold and ours had a good night"

our best player was in a sweatsuit... and the rest of our best players were in suits. and cotton played on one knee. batts and henton are key players, but certainly not the best.

SOUR.... GRAPES....
Haha. Your program hasn't been relevant since the Clinton administration, and you're not worried about it. But we're delusional.

Look, I clearly wasn't talking about players that didn't play. If Henton or Batts had played poorly and Mumford had played well, the game could've gone the other way. But that isn't sour grapes. URI didn't play well enough to win, PC did, and I am not arguing that URI is really a great team that got unlucky. My point is actually the opposite: URI's roster consists of two first year players who will be contributors to good URI teams and a bunch of guys. Hare might even be red shirting if this team was in a normal situation roster-wise. PC fans appear to believe they're in a similar situation.

So who cares about who won a game between two bad teams with players that are soon to be replaced? I would have guessed nobody, but based on the way PC fans and coaches have used the result as a license to troll URI fans, apparently you do care. So my point is that you played a team with two long-term pieces who are first year players, and your squad had a handful of guys who would fit that description, only they have some experience. And if you flipped the performances of two guys (which is a totally reasonable possibility) the result could be different, so maybe relax a little on the gloating.

I'm sure the guys you're waiting on will help you, but the same is true for us. In fact, compared to URI the PC situation looks pretty good - at least you have SOME pieces in place. So far, our 8 man rotation next year has played 18 games at URI. So what do you think you learned about the big picture of these two programs last night?

(Wish I was on a computer; I can't even read back through what I wrote on my phone right now, so forgive any typos, nonsensical autocorrects or redundancies.)

Also, re: the last post: Cooley said Henton had his best college game, so maybe he is a Rhody homer, too?
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

Cooley was talking about his best game this year not of his career
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

woodennickel1 wrote:Cooley was talking about his best game this year not of his career
Huh. Maybe I misunderstood this from the AP story:
Cooley said Henton played his "best collegiate game."
While we're here, I'll also disagree with you on Munford. He got some pretty clean looks, just couldn't get anything to go down. It happens. If you want compliments, I thought Cotton showed a ton of guts and Batts and Henton played great. It is a little easier to be magnanimous when you've won and your board isn't being invaded by trolls.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

PeeCee sucks! That's my take. But I'm not engaging with the delusional. The big least has been reactive for over a decade not proactive and as a result they are to be cut out of the big football money coming from the NCAA's BCS tv contracts, ie they are all done. Borrowing the sentiments of the Reef 'bye bye big east bye bye' and without the big least peecee is the team likely to find themselves in the patriot league.

BTW, what is the deal with peecee's CREEPY alien friar running around the dunk? He looks like a reaper not a friar. He scared the little girl sitting in front of me.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

I said Cooley should be a candidate for national coach of the year, for the job he's done with this years team.
What more do you want me to say?
I said Henton and Batts looked like Kevin Durant and Kevin Love.
What more do you want me to say?
I didn't go nuts over Cotton? Sorry. Powell negated his ability to shoot.
That he played almost a full game proves he's a gamer.
Good enough?
Wanna come here and write my posts for me?
I'm more pissed off at US than sour graped at PC.
I thought our second half stunk. So many of the turnovers were dumb unforced errors.
PC gets credit for running their offense, but I didn't see anything special on the defensive end.
I look at things through a Ram fan's eyes, not a PC fan's.
peeps4life
Kenny Green

yes... cotton, who was the 8th leading scorer in the country was shut down by powell. it had nothing to do with the game time decision for him to play because of an injured knee.

pc stepped up on the man at the top of the key in the zone and shut down interior passing that led to a few easy scores. your eyes must have missed that one.

and... you were a dick on scoutfriars... and you're a bigger dick here.

pc won the game... eat all the sour grapes a crow now and "wait til next year". in a year that both teams will suck, it is nice to not be as bad as uri.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Hey,if you bothered to read any of what I wrote here last night,
I said I didn't want to hear that next year crap. I'm not going to take solace because next year might be
better. We played a banged up team, and under those circumstances, I felt we'd win.
Tell me you were really confident after the first half.
I'm sure Cotton's injury slowed him down plenty.
As for the top of the key defense, Nik made a couple of lousy passes and a couple of bad shots at key
momentum shifts.
I also wasn't happy Hurley let a 10-0 run go without a timeout.
I don't miss much, Peeps. Keep calling names.
You want us to grovel,like you accomplished some impossible feat, because you beat our 2-7 team? Hell, Norfolk State beat us by about the same margin at the Ryan!
BFD!
Again, I don't hate PC. It's just some of their obnoxious arrogant fans, like you, that I can't stand.
You knock our coach. You knock our program. You knock the school. You knock South County.
You knock our fans. You call our arena a gym, and we're supposed to lie down and take that shit? Wrong guy!
And I'm a "dick", for holding a mirror up to you?
Wow!
peeps4life
Kenny Green

rodfromcranston wrote:Hey,if you bothered to read any of what I wrote here last night,
I said I didn't want to hear that next year crap. I'm not going to take solace because next year might be
better. We played a banged up team, and under those circumstances, I felt we'd win.
Tell me you were really confident after the first half.
I'm sure Cotton's injury slowed him down plenty.
As for the top of the key defense, Nik made a couple of lousy passes and a couple of bad shots at key
momentum shifts.
I also wasn't happy Hurley let a 10-0 run go without a timeout.
I don't miss much, Peeps. Keep calling names.
You want us to grovel,like you accomplished some impossible feat, because you beat our 2-7 team? Hell, Norfolk State beat us by about the same margin at the Ryan!
BFD!
Again, I don't hate PC. It's just some of their obnoxious arrogant fans, like you, that I can't stand.
You knock our fans. You call our arena a gym, and we're supposed to lie down and take that shit? Wrong guy!
And I'm a "dick", for holding a mirror up to you?
Wow!
wrong on many accounts as usual. didn't say a word about hurley pre or post game. check the "antics" thread... find others, not me. i don't care what he does on the sideline. wake me up when he's different from any other animated coach.

"Tell me you were really confident after the first half."

yes i did. we played bad and under cooley it has been rare to play that bad for 2 halves. i figured we would shoot better. i never expected RI to score much and the first half didn't lead me to believe otherwise.

every comment i make is directed at delusional fans (you) that argue that only your future is bright and none of pc's players will ever play or amount to anything. delusions.

the program? eh... you can say i knocked it if you want. i love the 98 team, but don't exactly trust the honor attached to harrick. jim baron was just as much a joke as welsh's second half tenure.

the ryan center i LOVE... so you're off your ass on that one too. i wish they served a brew or two there... that's all.

what is wrong with south county? beautiful place to live... not exactly an easy spot to catch a game.

unlike yourself, i'm a realist. other than keno davis year 1 when pc underachieved but was still decent... the team has been awful since 2004. that continues this year. and you still got smoked. that is my point. and when i make that point, you tell me to wait until you are locked and loaded for next year. all i'm saying is that we have a TON of talent that was not on the court yesterday and will be next year. you tell me that the transfers are jokes (maybe... maybe not) and that uri has all the real transfers coming. you also tell me that our top ranked position players either won't ever play or aren't worthy of their rankings. BUT... uri has a top 100 who is the real deal and a guy that "might" be top 100 by year end. those guys are the real deal as far as you're concerned.

i know it's like asking a brick wall... but do you not see the extreme bias you hold? my point is that pc was about as bare as they could be yesterday and won easily again. and next year we will be significantly better... and the talent coming in is simply better talent than uri will have and it will be far more experienced. sorry... that's the way it is. deal with it.
OBRAM
Art Stephenson

Unread post by OBRAM »

I find it funny that the PC fans look down at URI, a State School, where URI's Ryan Center is more than 70% privately funded, and PC, a private school with lots of political connections in the RI General Assembly, play in a 100% (funded with bonds) Dunk, and the rent they pay is peanuts about $17,000 a game, for a building that was pushed by Gavitt,Welsh, and Contantino, that will cost in excess of $10 million a year to the state. I know the facility is not used by just PC, but the PBruins did not want a fixed over building for fear their rent would go up, and the state that is bankrupt had much better uses for $10 million, like fixing bridges that are in bad shape. In essence, what it comes down to is the state if funding a private college basketball program.
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

True point,

How is a double digit win almost losing?
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

bigappleram wrote:go home diablo, the 5 we put on the floor for next year's game wont look anything like yesterday. you will have the stronger back court (with or without Ledo), we will have a stronger front court.
congrats on yesterday, you beat next year's second team.
PCs front court next year is batts, Johnson a d Henton. Backed up by Harris derosiers and bullock.

Who ya got BAR?
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

sean, why don't you take your juvenile bragging back to your own PC board and leave Ram fans to their own opinions which they are entitled to. Your intolerance of the views of others comes as no surprise given your background.