Game #10: Providence College - Thur Dec 5 @ 8:00pm ET

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Carl K Tortella
Abdul Fox

Re: Game #10: Providence College - Thur Dec 5 @ 8:00pm ET

Unread post by Carl K Tortella »

RoadyJay, You should be ashamed of yourself for referring to our esteemed legislators as bums and our " friends " at the Blowjo as rump swabs , not verv PC ! No pun intended, actually very pc as in practically college. By the way how about a head count of how many of those bums matriculated on Smth Hill. No Sean that is not what you did in your dorm room closet with Playgirl Magazine. You are being way too complimentary and giving them much MORE credit than either deserve . Additionally in so doing you have insulted ALL the bums and the rump swabs of the world . kEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!! Carl K T
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Love you, Carl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

By the way, projo is up for sale. Anyone got a quarter?

seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

Lots of tough talk for a State school
You know the old saying; if you can't go to College, go to State.
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Sean, you're misapplication of that saying tells us quite a lot.

In RI's higher education system, the equivalent of "State" is Rhode Island College. URI is the flagship University which, btw, doesn't compete with PC as they has vastly different missions.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

If by "different missions" you mean to say blows PeeCee away in nearly every aspect of higher education, I agree.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

:roll:
seanmc94 wrote:Lots of tough talk for a State school
You know the old saying; if you can't go to College, go to State.
So true Sean
Our Oceanography school uses dinghy's
Our Pharmacy school cooks meds in easy bake ovens
Our Forensics Science uses magnifying glasses
Our Business school trades paper savings bonds
Our Nursing school is run by rupunzel
Our Engineering school just got erector sets

But you knew this already because you went to pc instead. :roll:
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

The latest from Twitter including videos from CoxSports and Bill Koch's preview from the South County Independent.

Son of Clamcake
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Son of Clamcake »

The crowd is going to be wild thursday. My dad and I expect it will be 90% plus URI fans. This is the first URI-pc game we have gone together in a while. We both agree..have no fear URI wins BIG!!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

There's a clammy jr ?
Son of Clamcake
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Son of Clamcake »

Yes there is. And I am proud of Dad. You guys drove him off the last board...he is old and tied ..I am here to continue on the long proud Keany Blue tradition of the Clamcake family.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Well clammy jr. Welcome to the board. This one's for you.

PC SUCKS!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

some of our fans have unrealistic expectations for our FR. we are already questioning Hassan? are we serious. i thought the same when people questioned Jordan. Look around the country, besides the top, blue chip guys that we NEVER get, seldom do FR come in and play consistently good ball for a season. even some of those blue chip, predicted NBA guys, have duds of a FR year. it is a MAJOR adjustment. everyone is bigger, faster, stronger, school is much harder, away from home, new friends, new system, not big man on campus, etc. Watching the michigan game last night they talked a lot about the kid Levert on UM. he averaged 2 pts/game last year in 10-15 minutes of action. this year he averages close to 15. put on 25 lbs in offseason and worked on his game all summer. that is what happens to FR, they become SOPHs. Hassan is gonna be a beast, bank on it. besides being a FR he is also a tweener right now, no true position. not skilled enough to play the 3 and undersized as a 4. of course he is struggling at both ends. he will be better than fine when all said and done.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Normally I would say this would be a great game to have some recruits see. With us playing so poorly, I'm not sure. You know it's going to be a great atmosphere. I wonder if any are expected to come?
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Yo, reading comprehension, please.

All I said, was use a 2-3 zone when he is in there, so he doesn't become a liability on defense.

How is that questioning Hassan?? Really? Are all comments off limits on this board? Because if they are, please tell me now. I'll just say Go Rhody, Go Rhody, Go Rhody like an f'n mindless bot, in every post and won't bother, if you can't tolerate any opinion whatsoever on here.

Hurley did do that in the Arizona game in the first half and much of the second. I'm just saying it's the right strategy.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

rambone 78 wrote:Here's some questions that are likely to get people's dander up:

Just how good is Hassan Martin? How good will he become?

Was/is he overhyped?

Just asking, because the same issues were raised with Hare last year.

Hare looked totally lost a lot of times last year, but did have some bright spots.

Jordan looked like he was going to be better, maybe a lot better, this season.

Will Hassan do the same?

Now, I'm not saying he will or won't, just asking.
yo, jcru, reading comprehension back at ya....i wasn't even addressing your post but the one above. chill
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

sorry, heheh
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

jcru wrote:Yo, reading comprehension, please.

All I said, was use a 2-3 zone when he is in there, so he doesn't become a liability on defense.

How is that questioning Hassan?? Really? Are all comments off limits on this board? Because if they are, please tell me now. I'll just say Go Rhody, Go Rhody, Go Rhody like an f'n mindless bot, in every post and won't bother, if you can't tolerate any opinion whatsoever on here.

Hurley did do that in the Arizona game in the first half and much of the second. I'm just saying it's the right strategy.
Go Rhody!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Go Rhody!!!!!!!!

There, now that didn't hurt, did it?

So said Nurse Rachet [more or less] to Nicholson's character in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" after his electroshock "therapy" at the end of the movie.

drool............
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Tomorrow night could be the first big win in the Hurley era, bring the noise people! The PC board per usually is giving us no chance and no respect as if they have been anything in the last 5-10 years plus.
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Interesting that the PC considers three time national champion Uconn a rival but yet living with all the Uconn fans so I know first hand, they barely know PC was even in the same conference before the realignment.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

I agree, Rod.
NJ03
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NJ03 »

Does anyone know if this game will be streamed anywhere on line? I will be on a flight during the game and would like to purchase the wifi and watch on the iPad.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Tomorrow it's on like Donkey Kong.
Rhody fans, hide your children! Keep 911 on speed dial. Forget Chester The Molester. The flamboyant Friar is coming to town.
It's time for a rock fight.
It's time to shoot the lights out.
It's time for the program to rise to the occasion.
It's time to turn this team from the Big East into a big feast.
It's time to make some NOISE! Don't show up unless you're ready to make some NOISE!

It's time to to send the Friars packing, so the only good play their team will have tomorrow night will be with righty or lefty. Hey, at least they won't leave the Ryan Center empty handed.

THURSDAY! THURSDAY! THURSDAY! This one of a kind offer can't be beat! It's the smack down of Friar Town! The rumble in the jungle! First 100 friar fans through the door get free beatings.
But wait there's more! They'll also receive free backdoor entry courtesy of the PC Friar. You know what they say around the holidays. It's always better to give then to receive.
So don't wait! Call now to get in line for this exclusive offer!….1-800-BEN-DOVER….and take one for the team like a good catholic boy.
Last edited by The Dude 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

rodfromcranston wrote: Minnis will start and Powell and TJ will be in to attempt
to wear Cotton down.
T.J. needs to set a season-high in minutes tomorrow.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Dude!
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

rambone 78 wrote:Go Rhody!!!!!!!!

There, now that didn't hurt, did it?

So said Nurse Rachet [more or less] to Nicholson's character in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" after his electroshock "therapy" at the end of the movie.

drool............

Dunno who the actress is, but everytime I see her I think of Hillary. There is some resemblance, no?
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Looks like the Ramettes have started a Twitter account in advance of tonight's game. Someone alert ECR.

https://twitter.com/URIRamettes
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I will be watching and I am absolutely jacked for this one !!!
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

The Dude wrote:Tomorrow it's on like Donkey Kong.
Rhody fans, hide your children! Keep 911 on speed dial. Forget Chester The Molester. The flamboyant Friar is coming to town.
It's time for a rock fight.
It's time to shoot the lights out.
It's time for the program to rise to the occasion.
It's time to turn this team from the Big East into a big feast.
It's time to make some NOISE! Don't show up unless you're ready to make some NOISE!

It's time to to send the Friars packing, so the only good play their team will have tomorrow night will be with righty or lefty. Hey, at least they won't leave the Ryan Center empty handed.

THURSDAY! THURSDAY! THURSDAY! This one of a kind offer can't be beat! It's the smack down of Friar Town! The rumble in the jungle! First 100 friar fans through the door get free beatings.
But wait there's more! They'll also receive free backdoor entry courtesy of the PC Friar. You know what they say around the holidays. It's always better to give then to receive.
So don't wait! Call now to get in line for this exclusive offer!….1-800-BEN-DOVER….and take one for the team like a good catholic boy.
Very nicely done! See you at the RC!
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

There is a student in my 8th grade history class who is big time pro pc. He will be at the game tonight with his dad. He asked what section do I sit in. I told him 307 - far away from 205. Did not want to let him see me as a crazed, loud mouthed ram fan. He would be shocked! Let's kick the shit out of these guys. Go Rhody!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

NJ03 wrote:Does anyone know if this game will be streamed anywhere on line? I will be on a flight during the game and would like to purchase the wifi and watch on the iPad.
I haven't seen anything about an online stream for this one.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

CT Rhody wrote: The PC board per usually is giving us no chance and no respect as if they have been anything in the last 5-10 years plus.
PC fans have been overly complementary of Hurley... But what has he or Team URI shown this season that would give Friar fans any reason to overly worry tonight?

But that's the beauty of college basketball. Anything can happen on any night ...
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

He'll find you, Neil. They always do. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) (Then he'll call you a liar for telling him the wrong section!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Baron hater here as well, but I wasn't going anywhere - just glad he did. Hilarious that people are ripping him on the Canisus boards.

As for Hassan - he's been playing out of position all season. They see him as a 3. That's what he was recruited for. That's how everything was set up before Hare up and left.

I'd bet you'll see a lot of Hassan this game - but simple offensive plays for him at the 5 just because he's out of position. Next season he'll be a 3 for sure. He's just doing what he can to hold it together this year.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

See the Bill Reynolds article, anyone? Advocating 2 URI PC games? One of the rare times I like what he is saying.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports ... ivalry.ece
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

I did end up moving the posts about old anti-baron posters and stuff to another thread Down The Line.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Blue Man wrote: As for Hassan - he's been playing out of position all season. They see him as a 3. That's what he was recruited for. That's how everything was set up before Hare up and left.

I'd bet you'll see a lot of Hassan this game - but simple offensive plays for him at the 5 just because he's out of position. Next season he'll be a 3 for sure. He's just doing what he can to hold it together this year.
I hope this ends up being the case, I want to see more of Hassan and see him playing the 3/stretch 4 role, but my concern is what will be different next year in terms of our frontcourt that will make this possible? I feel like we could have the same issues we are having now. I guess alot will depend on how ready Earl Watson is.
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

@ ramster
awesome timing
headed back to RI from NY?
the big questions for him to respond to (even though he won't) would be will any these guys be playing by January?
Dunn
Bullock
Austin
Hare
Was Tomas Murphy more interested in PC or Kentucky when he sat behind the PC Banch last night?
The only insight I can offer here is on Bullock and Austin, overheard him on the phone talking about how there was an issue after the two of them had sex with the same girl. Something along the lines of "she wasn't saying it wasnt consensual, but she regretted it afterwards". No charges are expected but probably out for the whole year (this may have already been announced).
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

So two kids sit out a year for having sex with a girl who regretted it afterwards? Doesn't add up.

Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Thursday night was always a big party night on campus, at least when I was there. With the game being at 8:00, the students should have plenty of time to "prepare".
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:See the Bill Reynolds article, anyone? Advocating 2 URI PC games? One of the rare times I like what he is saying.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/college/content/20131204-bill-reynolds-it-s-time-to-double-our-pleasure-with-pc-uri-rivalry.ece
He writes the same column every year
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

whoa, what is that, a 1:1 head shot? You need to resize that, it just got a little too real, baby.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

"I can feel it coming in the air tonight..." Phil Collins on the radio. It's almost gametime, people.

It's going to be more packed than that tonight.
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

More like this?
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Idle thought:

How about putting Reischel on Cotton for a possession or two? He's just as quick but twice as long.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

skwalk47 wrote:More like this?
Yeah, baby.
rhodyfan3
ARD

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

Will we play a man or a zone tonight? If we play a man, will Oneykaba play Henton and Biruta play Batts? I am just really worried about their front court being much better than ours.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Both. It has been both lately and it should be both. Harrick use to switch it during the game, I like that coaching style, myself.

You should adjust to how your team responds to the opposition and vice versa. You constantly have to anticipate and adjust in Hurley's line of work, you just can't stick to one game plan, do or die.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

No HD tonight on Cox?

Game on 135 not 1005?

True? If so grrrrrr......
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!