Random NIL thoughts

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Re: Random NIL thoughts

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Blue Man wrote: 3 weeks ago
KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 3 weeks ago

No one said turn in your apparel. The basic theme is shut the fuck up complaining if you’re not willing to do something to change it.

I keep looking for “fans” on this fan-focused message board, but I just see bitching and whining.
got it. blue man say 'STFU'.

my ticket money, merch money, concessions money, 50/50 ticket money still aren't good enough. don't forget my taxes that support a myriad of things on campus.

maybe you can organize a yard sale in the RC parking lot. us regular joes who can't be fans anymore can donate all our rhody gear and you can sell it and use the money generated for NIL.
Your ticket money and concession money goes to offset the cost of operating the ryan center and to the Oak View Group who manages it. 50/50 money quite literally goes to the winner and the organization that sold you the tickets (50% to women's rowing, 50% to winning ticket, that's what 50/50 means). Your merch money probably somehow goes back to athletics...maybe...but I'm sure there's a royalty fee athletics has to pay back to the University for the branding.

Your taxes support a myriad of 14% of nothing on campus, because that's about what the state gives to URI every year. The school is underfunded by the state. Athletics is actually 100% funded by the students as seen by the "athletics fee" on their bill every semester. So maybe your taxes go to a portion of the base salaries for the staff who are technically state employees so...congrats. If that's the case then all the PC fans in the state of RI are contributing the same to the program as you.

If you're following this train of thought, I'm hoping that you're realizing that maybe you hadn't actually been financially contributing like you thought you had, so I hope you learned something. If you knew all of that already and you're just whining, you can take the STFU to heart.

I am not comparing fanhood to donation amount. If that were the case, then Tom Ryan, Mike, Dave, Stefan, etc would be the only people allowed to be fans. What I am saying is that if you are complaining about the state of this program, and simultaneously decrying the idea of giving $10 to directly help the program, you can shut the fuck up.

Worse, if you are complaining about Rhody's NIL efforts in any capacity while not donating to it, you can especially shut the fuck up.

So if you're taking it personally (you shouldn't) that's a you issue.

You don't need to donate to be considered a "fan" but if all you're going to do is bitch and moan and whine about everything around this program you should donate to have your criticism validated.

Then again, I am talking to the same people who bitch about the lack of coverage from the ProJo, who refuse to be customers of the ProJo, and can't see the logical fallacy and hypocrisy in their outlook on life. Like somehow the ProJo should just cover URI for free even though it's clear URI fans don't want to support their business.

At this point, I am merely looking for "fans" on this message board. I don't see many.

The people on here have delved so far down the hole of their own obtuse cognitive dissonance, somehow they're conflating the collegiate NIL system with URI basketball. Yes, NIL sucks. It's lame. We get that. But it is what it is.

It's not URI's fault that they system is that way, it just is that way. The nice thing is that you could actually actively help URI compete in this new system. It's totally cool if you don't want to donate. Just shut the fuck up with your complaining if you're not going to. Or keep complaining I guess, just don't get butthurt when someone tells you to shut the fuck up and that your opinion is invalid.

Want to be a fan? Try this: "I'm excited about Lawrence, Bassy's return, and the core of House/Green/Fuchs/Estevez getting another year to develop and grow together." That's something a fan would say.

Do you want to be critical? Cool, there's plenty to be critical about. We've sucked for 4 years. Fans criticize their teams all the time. That's literally what this message board is for.

But in this sport, and this world right now, you could actively do something about it with $10 a month. TEN DOLLARS.

If you can't be willing to do that, then yes, your criticisms are completely invalidated as now you're just complaining to complain since you won't actively do anything about it. If the latter is the case, then yes, you can shut the fuck up.

TL;DR - Your fanhood is not dictated by your ability to donate or the amount you donate to the program. But if you refuse to do so, and you have nothing positive to say about the program, your criticisms of the program are invalid. In that case you are not a fan, you are just a whiny, miserable, dick who likes to complain.
hey,

blue man.

shut the fuck up.
:lol:
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

my ticket money, merch money, concessions money, 50/50 ticket money still aren't good enough. don't forget my taxes that support a myriad of things on campus.

maybe you can organize a yard sale in the RC parking lot. us regular joes who can't be fans anymore can donate all our rhody gear and you can sell it and use the money generated for NIL.
Your ticket money and concession money goes to offset the cost of operating the ryan center and to the Oak View Group who manages it. 50/50 money quite literally goes to the winner and the organization that sold you the tickets (50% to women's rowing, 50% to winning ticket, that's what 50/50 means). Your merch money probably somehow goes back to athletics...maybe...but I'm sure there's a royalty fee athletics has to pay back to the University for the branding.

Your taxes support a myriad of 14% of nothing on campus, because that's about what the state gives to URI every year. The school is underfunded by the state. Athletics is actually 100% funded by the students as seen by the "athletics fee" on their bill every semester. So maybe your taxes go to a portion of the base salaries for the staff who are technically state employees so...congrats. If that's the case then all the PC fans in the state of RI are contributing the same to the program as you.

If you're following this train of thought, I'm hoping that you're realizing that maybe you hadn't actually been financially contributing like you thought you had, so I hope you learned something. If you knew all of that already and you're just whining, you can take the STFU to heart.

I am not comparing fanhood to donation amount. If that were the case, then Tom Ryan, Mike, Dave, Stefan, etc would be the only people allowed to be fans. What I am saying is that if you are complaining about the state of this program, and simultaneously decrying the idea of giving $10 to directly help the program, you can shut the fuck up.

Worse, if you are complaining about Rhody's NIL efforts in any capacity while not donating to it, you can especially shut the fuck up.

You don't need to donate to be considered a "fan" but if all you're going to do is bitch and moan and whine about everything around this program you should donate to have your criticism validated.

Then again, I am talking to the same people who bitch about the lack of coverage from the ProJo, who refuse to be customers of the ProJo, and can't see the logical fallacy and hypocrisy in their outlook on life. Like somehow the ProJo should just cover URI for free even though it's clear URI fans don't want to support their business.

At this point, I am merely looking for "fans" on this message board. I don't see many.

The people on here have delved so far down the hole of their own obtuse cognitive dissonance, somehow they're conflating the collegiate NIL system with URI basketball. Yes, NIL sucks. It's lame. We get that. But it is what it is.

It's not URI's fault that they system is that way, it just is that way. The nice thing is that you could actually actively help URI compete in this new system. It's totally cool if you don't want to donate. Just shut the fuck up with your complaining if you're not going to. Or keep complaining I guess, just don't get butthurt when someone tells you to shut the fuck up and that your opinion is invalid.

Want to be a fan? Try this: "I'm excited about Lawrence, Bassy's return, and the core of House/Green/Fuchs/Estevez getting another year to develop and grow together." That's something a fan would say.

Do you want to be critical? Cool, there's plenty to be critical about. We've sucked for 4 years. Fans criticize their teams all the time. That's literally what this message board is for.

But in this sport, and this world right now, you could actively do something about it with $10 a month. TEN DOLLARS.

If you can't be willing to do that, then yes, your criticisms are completely invalidated as now you're just complaining to complain since you won't actively do anything about it. If the latter is the case, then yes, you can shut the fuck up.

TL;DR - Your fanhood is not dictated by your ability to donate or the amount you donate to the program. But if you refuse to do so, and you have nothing positive to say about the program, your criticisms of the program are invalid. In that case you are not a fan, you are just a whiny, miserable, dick who likes to complain.
hey,

blue man.

shut the fuck up.
Sure thing! Found this website that you can put some information into and I'll do just that! Blue Man STFU Fund

If enough people fill out the form I bet I will!
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Season Ticketholder Husband: Honey, I know we just spent $900 on season tickets, but we should also contribute to URI's collective.
Season Ticketholder and (very) casual fan wife (who is spending way more time thinking about the daughter'$ wedding in the fall than basketball):
"Collective"? That sounds interesting, what's that?
H: Well, it's a group that collects and pays money to the players
W: What players?
H: URI basketball players
W: Seriously? Why?
H: It's called NIL. For years and years, the NCAA and TV networks have been making millions and millions, actually billions, of dollars from having the games and tournament on TV.
You know, March Madness and all that. Essentially, making a LOT of money by using the players' name, image and likeness.
And some recent court rulings have said, "no fair, the players should get to make money from this, too."
W: Sounds reasonable. So, now the players are getting some of that money?
H: No, no, no, that's not the world we live in. They can't have any of "that" money, but the good news is they ARE allowed to get paid.
W: So, who's going to pay them?
H: Us, and that's where the NIL collective comes in. If fans like us contribute to the NIL fund, there will be money to pay the players.
W: What about all the TV money? Will the players be getting any of that?
H: No, no, no, still. That's not the world we live in, they still keep that, but, we the fans, in addition to buying tickets and merch, can now pitch in to help pay the players. I figured, we go through about two pounds of Dunkin or Green Mountain ground coffee a month,
so we could maybe give that up, and contribute the $20/month to the collective because "it's the world we live in"
W: And not have coffee?
H: Right
W: LOL, good one (with death stare). So, they want the people that go to the games and buy tickets...to now pay the players...
becaaaaause.... the ncaa and tv networks are making all this money... that the players deserve...but can't have?
H: Well yes, but not just the people that go to the games, pretty much anyone and everyone with a nickel to spare per month.
W: What about all that money being made off the games?
H: No. They still can't have any of that. But, it's actually ok because, apparently, "according to everyone," yes, it sucks but it's the world we live in" and everyone needs to just shut up and give money.
W: What happens if you don't donate?
H: Then, if the team isn't good, you lose the right to complain....
W: Even if you paid money to sit there and watch it?
H: Yes.
W: What do YOU get if you donate?
H: Well, if the team is good, you can say, "I helped build that", plus, I think maybe a t-shirt and a sticker
W: And if the team is not good?
H: I can tell everyone that didn't make the Coffee Sacrifice that they're crappy fans and have no right to complain. I suppose I could also blame those that did give for not giving enough.
W: The whole thing sounds incredibly stupid. Is it at least tax deductible?
H: No...
W: (shakes head, walks out of room)...
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

No one said turn in your apparel. The basic theme is shut the fuck up complaining if you’re not willing to do something to change it.

I keep looking for “fans” on this fan-focused message board, but I just see bitching and whining.

Well said. Could not agree more.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 weeks ago Season Ticketholder Husband: Honey, I know we just spent $900 on season tickets, but we should also contribute to URI's collective.
Season Ticketholder and (very) casual fan wife (who is spending way more time thinking about the daughter'$ wedding in the fall than basketball):
H: It's called NIL. For years and years, the NCAA and TV networks have been making millions and millions, actually billions, of dollars from having the games and tournament on TV.
You know, March Madness and all that. Essentially, making a LOT of money by using the players' name, image and likeness.
And some recent court rulings have said, "no fair, the players should get to make money from this, too."
H: No, no, no, that's not the world we live in. They can't have any of "that" money, but the good news is they ARE allowed to get paid.
H: Us, and that's where the NIL collective comes in. If fans like us contribute to the NIL fund, there will be money to pay the players.
H: No, no, no, still. That's not the world we live in, they still keep that, but, we the fans, in addition to buying tickets and merch, can now pitch in to help pay the players. I figured, we go through about two pounds of Dunkin or Green Mountain ground coffee a month,
so we could maybe give that up, and contribute the $20/month to the collective because "it's the world we live in"
W: LOL, good one (with death stare). So, they want the people that go to the games and buy tickets...to now pay the players...
becaaaaause.... the ncaa and tv networks are making all this money... that the players deserve...but can't have?
H: Well yes, but not just the people that go to the games, pretty much anyone and everyone with a nickel to spare per month.
H: No. They still can't have any of that. But, it's actually ok because, apparently, "according to everyone," yes, it sucks but it's the world we live in" and everyone needs to just shut up and give money.
H: Well, if the team is good, you can say, "I helped build that", plus, I think maybe a t-shirt and a sticker
H: I can tell everyone that didn't make the Coffee Sacrifice that they're crappy fans and have no right to complain. I suppose I could also blame those that did give for not giving enough.
If your going into that long of a conversation for 10 bucks you should divorce your wife.

All the effort it took to type that out would have ten times shorter to just donate 10 bucks
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

We might have the cheapest basketball fans. Like if I asked for 25 cents they would react like I asked for an arm and a leg.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 weeks ago Season Ticketholder Husband: Honey, I know we just spent $900 on season tickets, but we should also contribute to URI's collective.
If you have to clear a $10 monthly purchase with your wife, I truly feel quite sorry for you. I apologize if I've offended, because your life is hard enough.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

sevegny7 wrote: 3 weeks ago
If your going into that long of a conversation for 10 bucks you should divorce your wife.

All the effort it took to type that out would have ten times shorter to just donate 10 bucks
got that NYG? divorce your wife.

she's probably an awful person anyway.

holy fucking shit.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

holy fucking shit.
You in jail too? Man I feel sorry for you guys having to get sign offs on 10$ charges from the Wife. Sounds like hell to me lol.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

In defense of the wife...clearance not needed to do things that aren't a good idea, I do those things all the time. But it seems good for a relationship if folks are at least in touch with each other's ideas. I'm just imagining what it would be like to try to convince a casual fan wife that this is a good idea, that's all. If I thought it was a good idea, I'd donate. The only good part is the comedy involved in trying to convince "a" casual fan spouse that this is a good ideer...
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Here's a good deflection. Let's talk about season ticket prices.

Fans complaining: Why aren't we good every year like VCU seems to be?

VCU Ticket Policies for their constantly sold out arena:
vcu.jpg
Here's URI's:
uri.jpg
And before someone says "well if we were good like VCU, people would pay that/donate."

No. They wouldn't. We were that good. We were actually better than VCU for a solid stretch there. We had the best coach in college basketball. We had a championship team that dummied VCU year in and out.

We were 80% full in our best regular season ever. Other fanbases just get it. If this message board is a representation of this fanbase, we clearly do not.

This message board is now spammed by uniformed, ignorant, whiny, out-of-touch "fans" who's contribution to the entire community is "I pay my taxes, I'm Archie's boss" ...I don't forsee this getting any better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 weeks ago Here's a good deflection. Let's talk about season ticket prices.

vcu.jpg

Here's URI's:

uri.jpg

And before someone says "well if we were good like VCU, people would pay that/donate."

No. They wouldn't. We were that good. We were actually better than VCU for a solid stretch there. We had the best coach in college basketball. We had a championship team that dummied VCU year in and out.

We were 80% full in our best regular season ever. Other fanbases just get it. If this message board is a representation of this fanbase, we clearly do not.

This message board is now spammed by uniformed, ignorant, whiny, out-of-touch "fans" who's contribution to the entire community is "I pay my taxes, I'm Archie's boss" ...I don't forsee this getting any better.
Let's talk about all the money they're losing by people deciding not to renew season tickets because they are so turned off by all of this bullshit.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 weeks ago
Blue Man wrote: 3 weeks ago Here's a good deflection. Let's talk about season ticket prices.

vcu.jpg

Here's URI's:

uri.jpg

Let's talk about all the money they're losing by people deciding not to renew season tickets because they are so turned off by all of this bullshit.
Who? URI or VCU?

Because I guarantee you the answers are vastly different and would illustrate my larger point.

Give to Rhody's NIL
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

holy fucking shit.
You in jail too? Man I feel sorry for you guys having to get sign offs on 10$ charges from the Wife. Sounds like hell to me lol.
sorry for the late reply. I had to ask my wife if I could.

she told me to tell you to shut the fuck up.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

why do we have to get personal ?

we all know i have a mostly different point of view but i respect and admire and thank those who give to the NIL

not for me and i will never give, but those who give bleed Keaney Blue.. there is no denying that.. and i respect them for that
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

ECR, this one is for you

RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

You seem pretty mad about this NIL issue. Did you get a notice that your contribution went to Brown and Always Wright last year?
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

The weirdest thing in this is people bragging and doing look at me posts about not donating to the NIL then getting pissed when that shitty attitude is pointed out.

If you hate NIL so much maybe don't read and post in a thread about NIL? Maybe start your protest and boycott there Spartacus?
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

RamStock wrote: 3 weeks ago

You seem pretty mad about this NIL issue. Did you get a notice that your contribution went to Brown and Always Wright last year?
If I got mad at anything it’s that those of us that donate have deadbeats that do nothing but complain so that we couldn’t afford better players.

I don’t care who donates or not, if you want to root for URI and not donate? Cool. Just stop complaining if you’re not happy with the program. My problem is that everyone that doesn’t contribute a dime tends to have the worst and most vile opinions.

If some of you opened your wallets like you opened your mouths, I’d think we would all be pretty happy right about now.

As a fan, I get mad knowing it’s so easy to be good in this era of college basketball if only the rest of the “fans” who rooted for the team I root for could be bothered to help us get good players.

It’s actually astounding that this is the debate on the board at the moment.

“I won’t give these kids a dime. But anyway, I hope they want to play basketball in front of this super awesome fanbase!”

I painted my face for years only to discover most of the stands were full of clowns.

Give to Rhody's NIL
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

If I got mad at anything it’s that those of us that donate have deadbeats that do nothing but complain so that we couldn’t afford better players.

I don’t care who donates or not, if you want to root for URI and not donate? Cool. Just stop complaining if you’re not happy with the program. My problem is that everyone that doesn’t contribute a dime tends to have the worst and most vile opinions.

If some of you opened your wallets like you opened your mouths, I’d think we would all be pretty happy right about now.

As a fan, I get mad knowing it’s so easy to be good in this era of college basketball if only the rest of the “fans” who rooted for the team I root for could be bothered to help us get good players.

“I won’t give these kids a dime. But anyway, I hope they want to play basketball in front of this super awesome fanbase!”

I painted my face for years only to discover most of the stands were full of clowns.
tremendous!

now the already paying customers are deadbeats now too.

seriously, you should work for the collective.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 weeks ago

The weirdest thing in this is people bragging and doing look at me posts about not donating to the NIL then getting pissed when that shitty attitude is pointed out.

If you hate NIL so much maybe don't read and post in a thread about NIL? Maybe start your protest and boycott there Spartacus?
You have to keep in mind that for some of them it's just a never ending victim complex. They have to be outraged and make themselves feel like a victim at all times. If they just ignore it or walk away they lose that.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

tremendous!

now the already paying customers are deadbeats now too.

seriously, you should work for the collective.
No I’ve got to work so I can give money to the collective so I can cover your sorry ass opinions apparently.

For the 19th time in this thread alone: I don't care if you donate or not, you can be a "fan" however you want. just stop complaining about the team if you don't. If you complain about the team while simultaneously refusing to donate to it, you are a clown and your complaints are invalid.

Like a fat person complaining about being fat. Don't like being fat? Grab a salad and hit the treadmill. Or, don't complain and be happy being fat.

Now, do you have any opinions on the team Mr. Big Sports fan man? Or just on donating to the team?

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

adam914 wrote: 3 weeks ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 weeks ago

You have to keep in mind that for some of them it's just a never ending victim complex. They have to be outraged and make themselves feel like a victim at all times. If they just ignore it or walk away they lose that.
People are complaining about NIL, and longing for the good old days, and why aren't season tickets enough? Funny, I remember the good old days and when posters were begging people to buy tickets and fill up the Ryan Center for Dan Hurley people were complaining then too. I don't have enough money, they're too expensive, why isn't following enough? The more things change...
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Just my random thought.

As far as fans/KB posters bickering with each other, this off-season has been the worst I remember.
I wonder what this board will be like once the actual season starts.
The name calling back and forth has really gotten out of hand.

I just can't wait until we get some positive news regarding the team so we can try and move on from all this NIL stuff.
I hope we don't have to deal with this for the next 5 months.

It would be nice if there were some posts regarding our roster, recruits, assistant coaches, and our schedule.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Get it classy.
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 weeks ago Just my random thought.

As far as fans/KB posters bickering with each other, this off-season has been the worst I remember.
I wonder what this board will be like once the actual season starts.
The name calling back and forth has really gotten out of hand.

I just can't wait until we get some positive news regarding the team so we can try and move on from all this NIL stuff.
I hope we don't have to deal with this for the next 5 months.

It would be nice if there were some posts regarding our roster, recruits, assistant coaches, and our schedule.
Maybe the mods can send out a board-wide notification when we land a recruit so I don't have to keep checking in here every day and wading through this petty back and forth, name-calling, immature BS. URI fans and alums should be better than that. Unreal.

Give to the NIL, don't give to the NIL. No one gives a shit.
Mobley was fouled.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

We have sucked for 6 years BlueMan, not 4. You say the cost of tickets and concessions, which are feckin horrible, go to pay the Oak Group. How about somebody at URI get some balls and negotiate the payment down $1.5M a year? Huh? Then the school has $1.5M for NIL. I have two business degrees from URI, and from that I have learned people are getting fleeced by this bullshit. Also the A10 Commissioner is a feckin idiot. Get someone in who can negotiate a tv contract. Most games are on ESPN+. But if that's the way it is, players don't deserve much in the league IMHO.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

You really think it is astounding that people don’t want to give $2000-$3000 year for players who get a scholarship and aren’t even close to NCAA tournament players? Let’s get a breakdown of how much money was donated and where does it go. Are end of the bench players getting paid also like Always Wright? If they are going to pay the players there should be a salary cap set up in college basketball which I know will never happen.
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

theblueram wrote: 3 weeks ago

We have sucked for 6 years BlueMan, not 4. You say the cost of tickets and concessions, which are feckin horrible, go to pay the Oak Group. How about somebody at URI get some balls and negotiate the payment down $1.5M a year? Huh? Then the school has $1.5M for NIL. I have two business degrees from URI, and from that I have learned people are getting fleeced by this bullshit. Also the A10 Commissioner is a feckin idiot. Get someone in who can negotiate a tv contract. Most games are on ESPN+. But if that's the way it is, players don't deserve much in the league IMHO.
Wow two business degrees. Why don't we all just compare net worths and see who has the most and that will solve the Nil debate? NO? The new college basketball landscape means a strong Nil is important to competing at the Big Dance Levels. Don't contribute if you don't want to. But understand if most large donors and small donors at URI don't embrace NIL like other schools at our level are currently doing. We will be heading to playing BU and Northeastern twice a year.

GO RHODY!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

shakedown —- you’re busted !!!
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Elm if your going to post Seger. Let's go early. Katmandu, Turn The Page, Ramblin Man!

Cheers!

Go Rhody!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

i love love love when people like R15 block me

i can saying glowing things about him and since he doesn’t see this, i don’t get vile posts back at me

thank you for blocking me !

if someone knows him, pls pass along my appreciation since he already claimed he blocks me and therefore does not see my posts to him

i don’t care what you say about him, he is a great rhody fan and love his passion. - it shows he cares … which is more than you can say about our NiL team of yesteryear
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

The school can't give to NIL, why can't you remember that 😂

5 years ago we were 21-9 13-5 and finished 3rd in the league. We did not suck.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Lock this thread. Random thoughts not needed. Other threads cover the topic adequately.

Lock 🔒 it up.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

brady1 wrote: 3 weeks ago Elm if your going to post Seger. Let's go early. Katmandu, Turn The Page, Ramblin Man!

Cheers!

Go Rhody!
Ramblin' Gamblin' Man is Seger. Ramblin' Man is the Allman Brothers. Anyway, music is much more interesting and fun than NIL.
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Billy Man,

Thanks for the correction forgot the "Gamblin".

Cheers!

GO RHODY!
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

You really think it is astounding that people don’t want to give $2000-$3000 year for players who get a scholarship and aren’t even close to NCAA tournament players? Let’s get a breakdown of how much money was donated and where does it go. Are end of the bench players getting paid also like Always Wright? If they are going to pay the players there should be a salary cap set up in college basketball which I know will never happen.
Buddy $2k-$3k per year? That’s $3M from 1000 donors. Would be best in the A10. 3x Dayton and more than 90% of the nation. That’s 5 star one and dones and a final four caliber roster.

If this message board did that we’d have some of the best NIL in the country. People think 1/2 of 1/10 of that number is tantamount to extortion.

What I’m astounded at is that people in this fanbase are admonishing people for donating, saying it’s a scam, and generally shitting on the program that is trying to find its footing in the new world of college hoops.

What’s astounding is that people are complaining about everything with this team to the point where they will go out of their way to find something to be critical, without being willing to help make things better.

So yes, I’m astounded that people with such strong expert opinions on how bad everything is refuse to do anything to fix it, while claiming to be fans of the program.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

That’s like 6 completely different issues.

We didn’t suck the first 2 years of Cox. We underachieved but we were competitive.
Oak view is under a contract so that’s out.
School can’t donate to NIL so that’s out.
My opinions on the battleaxe are well stated and I agree - but we just negotiated a new contract so that’s out.

I’m not sure how this is a fleecing. I’ll tell you who’s getting fleeced - the kids who work the equivalent of 2 full time jobs year round while attending school and making said school anywhere between millions and tens of millions of dollars without being allowed to take so much as a happy meal from a fan.

Is the system perfect? No.
Is the system permanent. No.

But it is what it is right now. And what it is right now is an opportunity to directly contribute to your team’s on court success in a way never before seen. So if you want to, you can directly make your team better.

The 1000 people on this message board could literally field an elite 8 team if they really wanted to.

The problem is that people have literally NOTHING positive to say about the team, the players, the coaches, the recruiting, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when things are nowhere near as bad as what this board makes it sound.

I would have no problem with the bitchfest if there literally wasn’t a very easy way to put money towards the problem - not an impactful amount of money mind you - and people refuse to do it and admonish people who do.

So yes, no one is a fan of the system right now. But it also seems like no one is a fan of this team either - because I just read bitching and then an active refusal to do something to change our outlook, and even crazier, people are putting down the people who are committing to actually trying to help.

If you don’t want to donate, that’s great. We don’t want to hear your complaints then.

Be a supportive fan of the program or do something about it.

Give to Rhody's NIL
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Buddy $2k-$3k per year? That’s $3M from 1000 donors. Would be best in the A10. 3x Dayton and more than 90% of the nation. That’s 5 star one and dones and a final four caliber roster.

If this message board did that we’d have some of the best NIL in the country. People think 1/2 of 1/10 of that number is tantamount to extortion.

What I’m astounded at is that people in this fanbase are admonishing people for donating, saying it’s a scam, and generally shitting on the program that is trying to find its footing in the new world of college hoops.

What’s astounding is that people are complaining about everything with this team to the point where they will go out of their way to find something to be critical, without being willing to help make things better.

So yes, I’m astounded that people with such strong expert opinions on how bad everything is refuse to do anything to fix it, while claiming to be fans of the program.
People have the right to do whatever they want in terms of donating or not donating. The fan base is so small already and will never get 250 people let alone 1000 to donate $3000. It comes down to the big donors. It isn’t only the NIL, but also the transfer portal, lack of any commitment to the schools from players, Archie’s coaching performance so far, the weak schedule and many other issues that have left people sour.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

bingo !

lack of commitment from the players
Last edited by ElmCityRhody 3 weeks ago, edited 1 time in total.
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Small Donors and Large Donors should all consider contributing to NIL. If Archie fails and our NIl sucks at that time. We’ll be on our way to America East. Splendid!

GO RHODY!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

If our NIL isnt enough to bring in the needed talent, I dont think it matters anymore who the coach is or how much he makes.

It's like trying to compete with one hand tied behind your back.

These are desperate times at old State U.

The lack of signings HAS to be a result of not being able to afford the players this program needs to be successful.

If the last 4 openings are filled with lower level leftovers, that will confirm this

And we will suck again. And again.

If this happens, will we be forced to drop down to a level where we can compete?
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

That’s like 6 completely different issues.

We didn’t suck the first 2 years of Cox. We underachieved but we were competitive.
Oak view is under a contract so that’s out.
School can’t donate to NIL so that’s out.
My opinions on the battleaxe are well stated and I agree - but we just negotiated a new contract so that’s out.

I’m not sure how this is a fleecing. I’ll tell you who’s getting fleeced - the kids who work the equivalent of 2 full time jobs year round while attending school and making said school anywhere between millions and tens of millions of dollars without being allowed to take so much as a happy meal from a fan.

Is the system perfect? No.
Is the system permanent. No.

But it is what it is right now. And what it is right now is an opportunity to directly contribute to your team’s on court success in a way never before seen. So if you want to, you can directly make your team better.

The 1000 people on this message board could literally field an elite 8 team if they really wanted to.

The problem is that people have literally NOTHING positive to say about the team, the players, the coaches, the recruiting, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when things are nowhere near as bad as what this board makes it sound.

I would have no problem with the bitchfest if there literally wasn’t a very easy way to put money towards the problem - not an impactful amount of money mind you - and people refuse to do it and admonish people who do.

So yes, no one is a fan of the system right now. But it also seems like no one is a fan of this team either - because I just read bitching and then an active refusal to do something to change our outlook, and even crazier, people are putting down the people who are committing to actually trying to help.

If you don’t want to donate, that’s great. We don’t want to hear your complaints then.

Be a supportive fan of the program or do something about it.
100%! It's crazy to me that the arm chair experts are so sure of themselves saying that the big donors need to step up as if we have some overflowing endowment donors. We are a school that relies on small donors for many things. I don't understand why it is so hard for folks to understand that.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

People have the right to do whatever they want in terms of donating or not donating. The fan base is so small already and will never get 250 people let alone 1000 to donate $3000. It comes down to the big donors. It isn’t only the NIL, but also the transfer portal, lack of any commitment to the schools from players, Archie’s coaching performance so far, the weak schedule and many other issues that have left people sour.
I believe the ask that set off this fire storm was $10 a month.

If everyone did SOMETHING it would be better than what we have. But somehow now we’re on the $3k number?

Big donors get tired of being the only people pulling the rope.

If everyone did what they could, even less than they could, that adds up.

If 1000 people gave $10 a month that’s $120k. That’s an A10 stud. Those kids we didn’t land yet? That was them.

Hence the frustration on my part. It’s absurd that this is a debate topic. It’s really just the frauds outing themselves.

Give to Rhody's NIL
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

I fully understand that the economy is awful and things are tight for many. I get it.

I also understand that whether we like it or not, NIL is here and in order to be competitive, we need to pay players.

We cannot depend on a few large donors to continue to carry us as a fan base.

I agree with others on this Board that even a small monthly donation from each of us will go a long way. Look, we could be like Pee Cee, where you do not get the opportunity to buy seasons tickets unless you donate mightily to the school. And your seat location is determined by the amount of your donation. We aren’t there yet, but that could be a reality in years to come.

$25 per month is a few trips to a coffee shop a month. I’m willing to support a team that I love in any way I possibly can. I don’t get how the most vociferous about how bad we have been, are the ones that refuse to donate.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

is the fraud the fans or the ncaa defrauding the fans ?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

If everyone did SOMETHING it would be better than what we have. But somehow now we’re on the $3k number?

If 1000 people gave $10 a month that’s $120k. That’s an A10 stud. Those kids we didn’t land yet? That was them.

Hence the frustration on my part. It’s absurd that this is a debate topic. It’s really just the frauds outing themselves.
Ok, I decided to do my part. If I see results, I will continue. If I don't, I won't. Here's my question: Would you agree that many of the rabid fans of the program are members of this forum? Yes, I'm guessing there a lot who are not members here. I'll give a really low estimate and say that 25% of rabid (those who would be potential donors) URI fans are members of Keaney Blue. 32 have responded that they would donate. You put the number of people who donate to be successful at 1000. Where are the other 968 coming from? If 75% of rabid fans do not come here, percentage wise, that would add approximately another 100 who would donate. With that number, 132 to just throw out a number, donations would need to be closer to 1000 dollars per person per year for us to be successful. I'm not trying to be an ass here. I'm truly wondering where all these donors would come from.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 weeks ago

Ok, I decided to do my part. If I see results, I will continue. If I don't, I won't. Here's my question: Would you agree that many of the rabid fans of the program are members of this forum? Yes, I'm guessing there a lot who are not members here. I'll give a really low estimate and say that 25% of rabid (those who would be potential donors) URI fans are members of Keaney Blue. 32 have responded that they would donate. You put the number of people who donate to be successful at 1000. Where are the other 968 coming from? If 75% of rabid fans do not come here, percentage wise, that would add approximately another 100 who would donate. With that number, 132 to just throw out a number, donations would need to be closer to 1000 dollars per person per year for us to be successful. I'm not trying to be an ass here. I'm truly wondering where all these donors would come from.
Fair question. Almost 1400 members here, so I rounded down and gave a clean easy 1000 for math’s sake.

I also figured you didn’t need to be a die hard rabid fan to contribute a forgotten monthly app charge of $10 a month to your Alma maters team even if you were a casual fan.

I am still in shock that $10 a month has stirred up that much controversy. Its 10am and I’ve already exceeded that for that day.

Give to Rhody's NIL
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

why can't people decide for themselves and not be called frauds if they decide not to donate ?

its just a question - because i really don't care if people call me a fraud or calls out other people here

the personal attacks are such a yawn - frankly seems immature to me..

sure once in awhile out of frustration is ok.. as "it happens" in the heat of amessage board..

but some posters - all they do is attack personally.. and i think to myself.. do i really care what you think of me ?

i have stated i appreciate the fans who donate, good for them.. and i hope they donate more - they bleed keaney blue more than me

i do very well financially, but i am not giving money to a player who could leave the following year

i am not letting that player use my funds to then ditch us - its more of a principle thing than a financial thing.. and i think that point gets lost by the people who donate..

i am not allowing the ncaa to stay rich and shame a fan (who helped make them rich by being a fan) into giving away money because they think my life is so shallow that i need sports to keep me happy.. i ditched the nfl years ago when they decided the American flag wasn't good enough for them and I haven't looked back - it freed up my sundays to do more fun things with my family so it was a win win for me

that really is what it comes down to for me

i have stated on numerous times, if that player commits to stay at URI (unless the head coach leaves) then i would be more inclined to donate

i see the landscape here.. and the tea leaves tell me .. you want me to donate $x dollars.. well once you go down that road then it will be $x times 2 next year.. and really.. what will that give me ?.. a player who will leave us for more money .. and me getting no return (i.e. ncaa) on my investment...

and apologies.. but no one.. will take away me being a fan of Rhody hoops.. i wil always be a diehard fan of the team.. and keep my coin to myself.. and its a lot of coins ....