2020-21 Schedule (top post is current)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Re: 2020-21 Schedule (top post is current)

Post by KingstonLane »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago
KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago
rhodylaw wrote: 3 years ago

I think that is why ranking everyone by NET makes some sense. If you could isolate the NET ranking for only conference games that would be fairest assessment of conference finish. I don’t think it helps us a ton, but a team like UMass may not get the double bye because they didn’t play games against the top conference teams.
The West Coast Conference for example partnered with Kenpom to create a formula to seed teams that includes a strength of opponent + home/away metric. I appreciate forward thinking. Not doing the bare minimum
But, you're here, not there...get used to it?
Extremely value additive comment. Thank you
steviep123
Sly Williams

Post by steviep123 »

If we have to play Duquesne a second time why isn’t the game at Kingston? We’ve already played them in Pittsburgh this year.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Post by reef »

I don’t mind it at all get the guys used to playing away from Ryan

Duquesne was playing well after they beat us so I expect to see a competitive game there
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Post by Rhody15 »

steviep123 wrote: 3 years ago If we have to play Duquesne a second time why isn’t the game at Kingston? We’ve already played them in Pittsburgh this year.
We already had the senior night intros and whatnot, families came up, we probably don’t want another home game after the build up for the Dayton game.

Same reason we’re plying @ GW instead of home like it was originally scheduled.
Go Rhody
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Post by UCH21377 »

I don't understand the complaining on this topic. We lost to UMass without their best two players, and now we're going to complain about their seed in the tourney? Beating them would have taken care of that. I'm happy to see more games, home or away. Just maybe we can get something going.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Post by KingstonLane »

UCH21377 wrote: 3 years ago I don't understand the complaining on this topic. We lost to UMass without their best two players, and now we're going to complain about their seed in the tourney? Beating them would have taken care of that. I'm happy to see more games, home or away. Just maybe we can get something going.
The comment is irrelevant to URI. I understand we lost to them twice and have no dog in the fight. It’s more general about A10 seeding and how they’re handling it.

I will add the schedule adjustment that gives Umass a few more difficult game to end their conference schedule is appreciated/warranted. Also probably the right thing to do allowing the big guns (SBU, VCU, Rich, STL) to get a few more cracks at eachother. Knowing the A10s luck though it’ll just end up hurting us
steviep123
Sly Williams

Post by steviep123 »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
steviep123 wrote: 3 years ago If we have to play Duquesne a second time why isn’t the game at Kingston? We’ve already played them in Pittsburgh this year.
We already had the senior night intros and whatnot, families came up, we probably don’t want another home game after the build up for the Dayton game.

Same reason we’re plying @ GW instead of home like it was originally scheduled.
I didn't realize the GW game was originally scheduled for the Ryan Center. Both games should have been home regardless of already having senior night.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Post by eli#10 »

Good thing the St Joe's game has been cancelled. They just put up 97 points and beat Dayton 97-84.