11/28 | University of South Florida | 5:30 PM (ESPN3) | Bubbleville – Mohegan Sun

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: 11/28 | University of South Florida | 5:30 PM (ESPN3) | Bubbleville – Mohegan Sun

Unread post by theblueram »

great drive by Leggett to the hoop for the bucket.
Joe95
ARD

Re: 11/28 | University of South Florida | 5:30 PM (ESPN3) | Bubbleville – Mohegan Sun

Unread post by Joe95 »

Can we PLEASE BOX OUT
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

By my count there has been a foul called on every USF possession that hasn’t needed with a made basket so far in the second half and they are going to be in the double bonus over the last 14 minutes. Unreal.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

So much jogging up the floor to get back on defense. You've seen the USF break over and over, now plan for it.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Harris looks like he’s got a hop in his step
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

Nice TO by Coach. Let’s turn this run around.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

TruePoint wrote: 3 years ago By my count there has been a foul called on every USF possession that hasn’t needed with a made basket so far in the second half and they are going to be in the double bonus over the last 14 minutes. Unreal.
Yup and at the end of the game the discrepancy will be sneaky close because the refs wait until seeing the basket go in and don't blow the whistle if it does. But damn do they want to call a foul of EVERY USF shot.
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

They need better defensive rebounding to close this game.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I’d need to see a bit more effort getting Sheppard the ball with room to shoot...

Screens, skip pass whatever I’d like to see at least 8-10 looks a game.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rhodyruckus wrote: 3 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 3 years ago By my count there has been a foul called on every USF possession that hasn’t needed with a made basket so far in the second half and they are going to be in the double bonus over the last 14 minutes. Unreal.
Yup and at the end of the game the discrepancy will be sneaky close because the refs wait until seeing the basket go in and don't blow the whistle if it does. But damn do they want to call a foul of EVERY USF shot.
Some of it is the refs but fouling and foul trouble have been issues for URI for the better part of half a decade now. At a certain point it becomes difficult to just blame the refs every time. It is part of how we play. I don’t mind the aggression and being tough on D has become our calling card but if you’re going to play that way you have to balance it with not also picking up careless and/or lazy fouls on top of it. We foul *a lot* on the defensive glass which I can’t really recall seeing a lot of other teams struggle with.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

:lol: Carey just got a foul for blocking the shot and telling him to get that shit out of here. Haha.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

This announcing crew has pretty much zero interest in calling this game.

U S Fl gonna be really good 🤣
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
TrevlontRook3
Steve Chubin

Unread post by TrevlontRook3 »

Tuned in shortly after half time, foul trouble already!?! Weird? Otherwise I’m liking the score and the play. How did JH look in the first half?
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Time for Cox to tell guys to shut the fuck up after making a good play.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

We’re letting these guys hang around ... not a good thing.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Fatts still doesn't have his shot down yet.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Malik please make a shot. You also Fatts.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 3 years ago We’re letting these guys hang around ... not a good thing.
We’ve played the first part of the second half as if we are just waiting for the game to end. Does not work that way. If we don’t run thru the ribbon then we run the risk of giving it away. No reason for an 0-2 team to put it into coasting gear because they have a little double digit lead.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Forget the game let's just have a free throw shooting contest!

Fun!
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

If you’re gunna foul on every shot you gotta make sure they don’t make it jeeez
The Dude
Tom Garrick

HARRIS FOR 3!!! My man!
Then sloppy defense on the other end by Rhody. 3 guys under the basket. There should never be 3 guys under the basket like that. Two at most if you want to double team or trap the ball handler. Blown assignment.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Jermaine get a rebound
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......USF Murphy is in the running for my all hair team, this season....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago ......USF Murphy is in the running for my all hair team, this season....
He must have the same hairstylist as Cam Newton.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Not a real good play by Carey. This is time to take some time off the clock.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Love the enthusiasm on the bench! These guys are rooting for each other & really bringing some great enthusiasm!
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

How many offensive rebounds does USF have this half? I swear their coach told them the offense is chuck up a shot and go to the glass.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

We've got ourselves some scorers in the backcourt, fellas
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

JimSidd wrote: 3 years ago How many offensive rebounds does USF have this half? I swear their coach told them the offense is chuck up a shot and go to the glass.
That may well be the game plan. This is not an impressive team.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

I hope we don't get these announcers too often.
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

The Dude wrote: 3 years ago HARRIS FOR 3!!! My man!
Not a good thing. It is going to make him believe he should shoot more of them.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......after listening to these guys on espn, I think I will sit in a dark quiet room for a while.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

DeanDome88 wrote: 3 years ago I hope we don't get these announcers too often.
How many coffees has this Jon Crispin guy had? Holy cow my brain can’t even keep up.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Urifan91 wrote: 3 years ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 3 years ago I hope we don't get these announcers too often.
How many coffees has this Jon Crispin guy had? Holy cow my brain can’t even keep up.
Just because he knows everything doesn’t mean he has to tell us everything he knows.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Did they seriously not foul just then? :o

I do have to say, good start...good effort...as unwatchable as it was during the second half, there were more positives to take away from this one. Passing, shooting and rebounding will all continue to improve. And the shot blocking!!!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

S I C K shot by Fatts
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

lookie lookie, that's a win.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

URI is getting smarter defensively in the final couple minutes of this game. Jermaine taking the charge! You're my boy blue!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I don’t think the announcers were that bad. Don’t really get the complaints. It’s a tough ask to do these games in a near-silent gym with no atmosphere, and this is not ESPN’s A-team to start with. They were fine, IMO.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I like it, I like it a lot.
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Not pretty, but nice to get a win.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

4 guys in double figures and 2 more with 8 points. Nice to see that offensive depth!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

TruePoint wrote: 3 years ago I don’t think the announcers were that bad. Don’t really get the complaints. It’s a tough ask to do these games in a near-silent gym with no atmosphere, and this is not ESPN’s A-team to start with. They were fine, IMO.
......if they are paid by the word, good job.......for me less is more......especially on TV.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

TruePoint wrote: 3 years ago I don’t think the announcers were that bad. Don’t really get the complaints. It’s a tough ask to do these games in a near-silent gym with no atmosphere, and this is not ESPN’s A-team to start with. They were fine, IMO.
Solid win, definitely potential with this team. I like the attitude! Too many fouls thankfully we are deep! Looking forward to the game tomorrow.

The announcers loved USF for some reasom. Wouldn’t shut up the whole game!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Speaking of that announcer, is he related to Colin Gillespie?
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

To me the problem was that Crispin would just never shut up. If you watch the Sox and they would have a guest color guy, Mike Timlin was the same way. They feel they have to fill every second with chatter.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

How do you know Fatts Russell is good? Kid drops 15 points and it felt like he was MIA
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Muuuuuch better free throw shooting. That’ll be huge going forward if they can keep it up.
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Nice Win!
Better Game for Mitchell’s
Saw why Carey was such a high recruit In 2nd half
Would like to see more DJ
Good to have Harris back
Would like Milak not camped at 3 pt line
Let’s get the next one!

GO RHODY!
Donrxer79
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Donrxer79 »

Much, much better from the FT line
A win is a win, nice to get the first one
Still too many fouls
Progress