Roster 2020-21

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: Roster 2020-21

Unread post by theblueram »

Cox must have been a firefighter at some point cause he sure put that dumpster fire out quickly.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Yeah the twins would be eligible at the latest December after the 1st semester like Antwan Walker. This is assuming the transfer rule was not approved this June or a Waiver is not granted for immediate eligibility.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Akeem Odusipe removed from list. No longer recruiting.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Tre Berry will bring us to 12 players.

Only one player left unaccounted for from the lower list (that we know of).
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

If we didn’t lose the body and size of Rese, I’d say leave a ship open.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Yeah, if you can get a lights out shooter to fit the athleticism of this team, that is tough to turn down.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Like I've said, a wing scorer/shooter like Ellis or Murray, you take him.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago Like I've said, a wing scorer/shooter like Ellis or Murray, you take him.
Agreed. The nice part is I think we have the luxury to wait it out a little at this point and see what happens.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

We have some really big bodies for a change looking forward to see this team
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

we're too close to the forest to see the trees, reef

I think maybe the rest of the conference got a little nervous today.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago q
RF1 wrote: 4 years ago As the rules now stand, the Mitchells are not eligible until 2nd semester next year since they transferred after first semester. Is this right?
I'm not even sure when the 1 year period starts. Is it when they leave the other school? Or is it when they enroll in their new school?
I think it is leave. Walker didn't enroll at URI until 1st semester this past season if I remember correctly.
This article says they stayed at Maryland this past semester too. Does this matter?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... 8eorMdxzV0
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.....I would still like to hear a Coach’s Radio Show, April 8, now can be a positive one......Go Rhody......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

sevegny7 wrote: 4 years ago Yeah the twins would be eligible at the latest December after the 1st semester like Antwan Walker. This is assuming the transfer rule was not approved this June or a Waiver is not granted for immediate eligibility.
I am not sure. They didn't enroll for the spring semester. so the earliest they can enroll is fall. If they don't get a waiver they wouldn't be able to play until the following year? (sitting out 1 year from enrollment. not from when they leave??)

Anyone???
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago
sevegny7 wrote: 4 years ago Yeah the twins would be eligible at the latest December after the 1st semester like Antwan Walker. This is assuming the transfer rule was not approved this June or a Waiver is not granted for immediate eligibility.
I am not sure. They didn't enroll for the spring semester. so the earliest they can enroll is fall. If they don't get a waiver they wouldn't be able to play until the following year? (sitting out 1 year from enrollment. not from when they leave??)

Anyone???
Under current rules that wouldn’t play at all next year unless they got a waiver:
Academic year in residence: Under the basic transfer regulations, you must spend an academic year in residence at the school to which you are transferring. If you transfer from a four-year college to an NCAA school, you must complete one academic year in residence at the new school before you can play for or receive travel expenses from the new school, unless you qualify for a transfer exception or waiver. To satisfy an academic year in residence, you must be enrolled in and successfully complete a full-time program of studies for two-full semesters or three-full quarters. Summer school terms and part-time enrollment do not count toward fulfilling an academic year in residence

Link
http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/cu ... sfer-terms
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago

Anyone???
Under current rules that wouldn’t play at all next year unless they got a waiver:
Academic year in residence: Under the basic transfer regulations, you must spend an academic year in residence at the school to which you are transferring. If you transfer from a four-year college to an NCAA school, you must complete one academic year in residence at the new school before you can play for or receive travel expenses from the new school, unless you qualify for a transfer exception or waiver. To satisfy an academic year in residence, you must be enrolled in and successfully complete a full-time program of studies for two-full semesters or three-full quarters. Summer school terms and part-time enrollment do not count toward fulfilling an academic year in residence

Link
http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/cu ... sfer-terms

That's what I thought. So unless they get a waiver or NCAA passes the no sit rule, they won't play until 2021-2022 season.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

The NCAA is going to pass the rule. Wayyy too many transfers at this point not too
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

We were talking home runs earlier...Murray, Martin (Hass brother) or Ellis would be great.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I keep thinking how happy Rod would be. He was always bitching we weren’t recruiting size.
Slava Ukraini!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago I keep thinking how happy Rod would be. He was always bitching we weren’t recruiting size.
.......yes, exactly, he wasn’t the only one bitching about our seemingly inability to recruit and develop size......would still like to see an assistant coach with big men teaching......coached up size is key......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago The NCAA is going to pass the rule. Wayyy too many transfers at this point not too
It looks to me like the chances for removing the transfer wait have actually recently decreased. The vote has been put off and delayed and several conferences have been reported to be fighting it.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

theblueram
Frank Keaney

I'll take the wager that the twins don't play next year. Much like Sheppard and Walker.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago
Whoa!

Now, come on Tres! You're turn!
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago I'll take the wager that the twins don't play next year. Much like Sheppard and Walker.
So I’m assuming you’re guessing the rule won’t pass and Martin won’t play either?

If it passes, all 3 are a go (obviously).
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
theblueram wrote: 4 years ago I'll take the wager that the twins don't play next year. Much like Sheppard and Walker.
So I’m assuming you’re guessing the rule won’t pass and Martin won’t play either?

If it passes, all 3 are a go (obviously).
I'm guessing the rule won't pass this year.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

If the rule doesn’t pass, and the twins and Martin can’t get a waiver, we’re right back to where we were last week.

🥴🥴🥴
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago If the rule doesn’t pass, and the twins and Martin can’t get a waiver, we’re right back to where we were last week.

🥴🥴🥴
They bloody well better!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago If the rule doesn’t pass, and the twins and Martin can’t get a waiver, we’re right back to where we were last week.

🥴🥴🥴
They bloody well better!
.......I could live with that......disappointing for sure, but OK.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

🥴🥴🥴
If the rule doesn't pass, the twins are ready for the Conference schedule.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

🥴🥴🥴
At least Martin snd Long will have to sit a year-lol. It will pass. Too many players have entered the pool. Teams will playing with 10 scholarships on average
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

In my opinion we need a cupcake schedule pre conference

Cox will truly be running his stuff now and it takes time to smooth out that offense. Cupcakes 🧁 needed then hit January firing on all cylinders.

He’s gonna have fun coaching this year!

Go Rhody!
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Wow, Wow, Wow! Went down for a nap with my son and this happens! Crazy day!

Malik Martin added to the list.

1 more to go.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Per the rules right now, all of these recent transfers are not immediately eligible. I myself will not get too excited until I know that they are cleared to play.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 years ago In my opinion we need a cupcake schedule pre conference

Cox will truly be running his stuff now and it takes time to smooth out that offense. Cupcakes 🧁 needed then hit January firing on all cylinders.

He’s gonna have fun coaching this year!

Go Rhody!
......yep, cupcake city baby.......enter the conference sked undefeated.......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

If Rod is out there. He just did a cartwheel.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

.......welcome to Rhode Island everyone, new players, families, friends and all others close to these new student athletes.....welcome aboard......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

This has gotta be the first time in history a school has gotten three transfers in a day with the same initials!

MM
Go Rhody
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

No more Berry. Roster set. Changes made to original post.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Malik Martin erases the Tyrese Martin departure and the recruitment of Tre Berry in one swoop.

Even Cole recruitment would also seem unlikely at this point.

Pure shooter or hold the ship.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago No more Berry. Roster set. Changes made to original post.
You need question marks on all 3 transfers as there status is unknown.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

? placed on all three transfers until their status is clarified by the NCAA.
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

I think you gotta fill the last scholarship....protect yourself from the scenario of Fatts not returning and now you’re scrambling.....great job by staff so far
Clapton is God
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

This feels like an NBA team gathering talent to get there star player to return in free agency. Fatts will definitely be returning seeing the opportunity to play on this team. Excellent job by the staff.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago This has gotta be the first time in history a school has gotten three transfers in a day with the same initials!

MM
It’s hilarious that you even noticed this.
Rhody19/21
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Rhody19/21 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago This has gotta be the first time in history a school has gotten three transfers in a day with the same initials!

MM
I was thinking the same thing.... Someone should make an M&M meme for it
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Mm’s a lot tastier than crow feathers...
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago If Rod is out there. He just did a cartwheel.

Yes ! Rod is always here !!!
OhioRam32
Abdul Fox

Unread post by OhioRam32 »

Rhody19/21 wrote: 4 years ago

MM
I was thinking the same thing.... Someone should make an M&M meme for it
Don't worry, Yurview NE is already pushing for the M&M sponsorship on Twitter :lol: :lol:
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Mr. Cox just played possum with us. I think he wanted to show the correct amount of somberness towards losing some players, but damn if our backup plans weren't all lined up it looks like. Yeah tough to recruit with the virus separation going on, eh? *wink wink*
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Top post updated. 2 more to go...
Portal-palooza, baby!