Game #5: Santa Clara Broncos - 2:30pm ESPNU - GameDay!

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Re: Game #5: Santa Clara Broncos - 2:30pm ESPNU - GameDay!

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

Nice win. Few expected us to take Kansas. But we're beating the teams we are supposed to. And Nebraska is still a nice win. The PC game is must-win.
Not concerned with Hurley's .500 record. If it is still that way in two years, then I will get concerned.
Koch also covers high schools and was surely busy on Thanksgiving. Kmac in Orlando is fine.
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Ramblinrose wrote:Nice win. Few expected us to take Kansas. But we're beating the teams we are supposed to. And Nebraska is still a nice win. The PC game is must-win.
Not concerned with Hurley's .500 record. If it is still that way in two years, then I will get concerned.
Koch also covers high schools and was surely busy on Thanksgiving. Kmac in Orlando is fine.
Carolyn Thornton would have been great with Johnny G. covering high schools, Kevin Mac at the Dunkin' Derelicts Center, and Koch in Orlando. Oh, that's right. she was let go during "THE GREAT SALARY PURGE." 47 people left at the Journal, 17 of them work in Sports…..
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

I am surprised they didn't use a stringer.
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

bressler3south wrote:
Ramblinrose wrote:Nice win. Few expected us to take Kansas. But we're beating the teams we are supposed to. And Nebraska is still a nice win. The PC game is must-win.
Carolyn Thornton would have been great with Johnny G. covering high schools, Kevin Mac at the Dunkin' Derelicts Center, and Koch in Orlando. Oh, that's right. she was let go during "THE GREAT SALARY PURGE." 47 people left at the Journal, 17 of them work in Sports…..
the trip to Orlando was booked back in July when the tournament was announced (smart since it was Thanksgiving weekend) and at the time Bill Koch was not a Projo employee. KMac in Orlando is fine by me and some fans need to cut the Projo a little slack on this topic (I've seen it criticized here and on twitter)
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I also think KMac does a fine job when he covers Rhody. We are too rough on him. I'm happy Bill is covering us regularly for the projo because he is a Rhody guy, but KMac isn't anti-Rhody.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Relax…..Whoever changed a plane ticket and hotel reservation?????
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

bressler3south wrote:Relax…..Whoever changed a plane ticket and hotel reservation?????
In fact, this security video was just shot at T.F. Green an hour ago -- clearly, Super-Scribe Bill Koch was still attempting to do his best by loyal Ram fans to catch a flight to Orlando to cover tomorrow's URI-Georgia Tech game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3byktWw ... freload=10

A BRESSLER PRODUCTION

IN ASSOCIATION WITH EMOTICON ENTERPRISES
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I think if URI continues to play D like they have so far, GT will not be a problem. Rider does not play D with anything close to the intensity URI has shown and yet GT struggled with rider. marquette has shown so far that turnovers are going to kill them if the season continues the way it has for them.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Santa Clara just beat Rider 68- 60. Gt struggled against Rider. Hopefully this portends will for URI.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

This goodness Santa claus beat rider.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund