Houston, we have a problem

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhodyram99
Abdul Fox

Houston, we have a problem

Unread post by Rhodyram99 »

I was a big fan of the Archie Miller hire…
He seems to have lost this team completely…
I am not confident things will change next season with another rebuild…
I am perplexed at how bad this team is, the lack of grit, lack of effort, lack of defense..
I am on the fence as to whether he should be here next year, but contract details may decide that for next season
I have said repeatedly there is no way Bryant should be fielding better teams than rhody, but that has been the case
A lot of questions and no answers, but boy do we have a problem ….
2 x
BruceW
Michael Andersen

Re: Houston, we have a problem

Unread post by BruceW »

And the problem has a name. It’s Archie.
0 x
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

I'm not saying things are great but we need to have some patience with Miller. The dude recruited an entire team last year with no clue how they would fit together. We have decent players on the roster, decent players coming in and a team that will have a year playing together under their belts. Yeah we stink, but we stunk under Hurley this time too. Note Hurley's 6 game losing streak that year and the exact same conference record.
https://gorhody.com/sports/mens-basketb ... le/2013-14
2 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
Rhodyram99
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhodyram99 »

rhodylocal wrote: 1 month ago I'm not saying things are great but we need to have some patience with Miller. The dude recruited an entire team last year with no clue how they would fit together. We have decent players on the roster, decent players coming in and a team that will have a year playing together under their belts. Yeah we stink, but we stunk under Hurley this time too. Note Hurley's 6 game losing streak that year and the exact same conference record.
https://gorhody.com/sports/mens-basketb ... le/2013-14
Good points about Hurleys first few years which I forgot. However, hurleys teams played their butts off and with heart. This team has none of that. I root for Archie to succeed , but my confidence is dropping quickly. Hope I am 100% wrong
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

This team plays ZERO defense. And doesn't play with any intensity or intelligence.

That's a world of difference between Dan and AM.

Yes we weren't that happy with Dan after 2 years either.

But Dan's teams gave 100% effort virtually all the time.

Even with the lack of talent.

And where's the improvement? There's none. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

This coach is 100% responsible for these players. They are both an embarrassment.
2 x
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

I remember really boring grind it out slogs the first 2 years under Hurley. We had some exciting ones this year.

But yeah we play terrible D.
0 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:

Archie Miller 2022-?:
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I was one of the guys doing cartwheels and calling it a home run hire when we got Arch , I guess sometimes you never really know and can get fooled
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

fire the players - keep the coach

Itheres 7-8 worth keeping (just so we can field a team)

The rest good riddance
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Our boosters might have to open their wallets again to make it possible to bring in better talent.

Even then, who wants to join a losing program?
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Archie is in classic rock and hard place. The D1 college hoops game has dramatically changed in a short few years, NIL, portal, etc. Without the firm sustained base of program winning, the needed talented players do not want to come here and be a pioneer (EC) to be anchor to build upon.
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I would be more confident in getting catapulted into
space by a NASA rocket than URI ever winning deep into the NCAA tourney in the next few seasons.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 1 month ago I would be more confident in getting catapulted into
space by a NASA rocket than URI ever winning deep into the NCAA tourney in the next few seasons.
The NASA rocket trip might be cheaper?
4 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

With the losses stacking up, do we at least get a high draft pick out of this??
6 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

After the loss yesterday, the present NET rankings of the bottom three A-10 schools:

#207 GW
#212 URI
#215 St Louis

While SLU did not overtake our Rams as I had though might occur with a loss to them, the worst NET rank in the conference is still within reach for Rhody.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketbal ... t-rankings
Last edited by RF1 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Archie's overall coaching grade thus far into his URI tenure:

F

I think the results thus far fully support this grade. The only question is whether he can in fact turn things around after such a disappointing start to his time in Kingston. The honeymoon period is effectively over for him. Fans are getting discouraged and apathetic. Things have to get better next season or Miller will not outlast his five year contract here.
Last edited by RF1 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago After the loss yesterday, the present NET rankings of the bottom three AQ-10 schools:

#207 GW
#212 URI
#215 St Louis

While SLU did not overtake our Rams as I had though might occur with a loss to them, the worst NET rank in the conference is still within reach for Rhody.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketbal ... t-rankings
"AQ-10"...I see what you did there
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

Comparisons to Hurleys early teams is night and day for me. Even through the losing in Dan's early years you always had the sense we were building toward something with a culture and style of play. The team took on Dan's personality and played hard on EVERY possession regardless of opponent or score. Not so much with this group, no alphas on this team, and a few guys that seem completely disinterested on the floor.
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Shinze88 wrote: 1 month ago Comparisons to Hurleys early teams is night and day for me. Even through the losing in Dan's early years you always had the sense we were building toward something with a culture and style of play. The team took on Dan's personality and played hard on EVERY possession regardless of opponent or score. Not so much with this group, no alphas on this team, and a few guys that seem completely disinterested on the floor.
Lol...DH was/is not about tolerating indifference of any type
2 x
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

Not looking to stir up a hornet's nest, but the biggest difference between Hurley's first few years and now: the NIL.

Bigger schools and conferences have more resources.
Transfer rules loosened.
Players are pretty much in charge of things (see NBA).
Don't like playing time? Leave. Don't like the coach? Leave. Don't like the level of play (even if it's a fit)? Leave. A symptom of our immediate gratification/things aren't going my way so I'm leaving culture that has been exacerbated by social media, sneaker circuits, AAU, etc. Oh - and who is guiding these young adults? Parental instillation of values and work ethic went into the dumpster a few years ago.
Almost ALL non P4/5 conferences will now lose their best players to the big time.

We are moving at breakneck speed towards the football model - FCS and FBS. Haves and Have Nots.

Reality bites.
4 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

By now I think all of these player and staff issues have been well documented.

The dead horse has been beaten to a pulp.

Since this season has officially been declared DOA, all that can be done is to wait and see what happens this off season

One thing we know, there will likely be another round of wholesale changes, adding and subtracting to the roster.

I can't predict we will suck again, just like I can't predict we will be much better.

A lot of doubt, for sure.
1 x
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Shinze88 wrote: 1 month ago Comparisons to Hurleys early teams is night and day for me. Even through the losing in Dan's early years you always had the sense we were building toward something with a culture and style of play. The team took on Dan's personality and played hard on EVERY possession regardless of opponent or score. Not so much with this group, no alphas on this team, and a few guys that seem completely disinterested on the floor.
Dan's teams grinded out low scoring wins when they could get them.
Dan's Year 2 roster https://gorhody.com/sports/mens-basketb ... er/2013-14

Keeping in mind EC and Hassan were freshman and showed small flashes like freshman do, the difference maker on this team was TJ Buchanan and gave the team heart. We don't have a TJ on this team that's for sure but I still think there is reason to be optimistic about the future.
0 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:

Archie Miller 2022-?:
BruceW
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BruceW »

Hey guys. Serious question.
Do you think Archie is feeling it and might be receptive to a reduced buyout ?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

BruceW wrote: 1 month ago Hey guys. Serious question.
No.
3 x
Go Rhody
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Probably not.

Archie's URI compensation is about to dramatically escalate. His salary jumps $500K in year 3 which I believe may start after the two year contract signing anniversary of March 17 (2022). He is furthermore due a $500K retention bonus on September 1st, 2024. A second retention bonus of $500K is due one year later on September 1, 2025.
1 x
BruceW
Michael Andersen

Unread post by BruceW »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago
Probably not.

Archie's URI compensation is about to dramatically escalate. His salary jumps $500K in year 3 which I believe may start after the two year contract signing anniversary of March 17 (2022). He is furthermore due a $500K retention bonus on September 1st, 2024. A second retention bonus of $500K is due one year later on September 1, 2025.
I still believe that Archie is not back in his own head. This was a coach that took a year off from coaching in his prime years. Assuming there are three remaining losses coming soon. ( and even if not) Archie has a tremendous amount of explaining to do about the future. As his players have not played hard. So enlightened by his failures at URI Archie may well have had enough. This is not about money.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I seriously doubt he would just up and quit.

The possible scenario to me, would be an arranged deal to leave if things dont improve by next season.

Not likely though imo.

We can't afford to be good in 2030 however.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If a coaching change is needed in the near future, I would guess that Thorr would look for a candidate that has a positive track record dealing with the new transfer and NIL situation.

Also the bar has been set here for future staff pay. No going back and hiring on the cheap as they did with Cox.

We saw how that worked out.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

NHRamFan wrote: 1 month ago Not looking to stir up a hornet's nest, but the biggest difference between Hurley's first few years and now: the NIL.

Bigger schools and conferences have more resources.
Transfer rules loosened.
Players are pretty much in charge of things (see NBA).
Don't like playing time? Leave. Don't like the coach? Leave. Don't like the level of play (even if it's a fit)? Leave. A symptom of our immediate gratification/things aren't going my way so I'm leaving culture that has been exacerbated by social media, sneaker circuits, AAU, etc. Oh - and who is guiding these young adults? Parental instillation of values and work ethic went into the dumpster a few years ago.
Almost ALL non P4/5 conferences will now lose their best players to the big time.

We are moving at breakneck speed towards the football model - FCS and FBS. Haves and Have Nots.

Reality bites.
This. Great post.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

RF1 wrote: 1 month ago
Probably not.

1 million bucks in bonuses this year for 20 wins and 40 losses. Nice work if you can get it. 🫣
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I doubt that happens , I think Arch will fulfill the whole contract
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

reef wrote: 1 month ago
Agree
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

reef wrote: 1 month ago
100% he is here until the end of his contract. They don’t have the money to buy him out and hire another coach and they will go their grave with this Miller hire trying to prove it was a success.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

As usual the transfer portal and NIL stuff is being way overblown. We keep hearing things about P5 schools taking our best players, players leaving for NIL, etc etc.

Since the transfer rule change and NIL starting we have lost exactly 1 player to a P5, Ish Leggett. I guess you could count the Mitchell twins in there if you want, but most everyone wanted them gone. Everyone else has either transferred down or isn't even playing anywhere. To my knowledge none of the guys who transferred down did it because they were getting more NIL money.

It's also fascinating to me that so many of the same posters who talk about how the portal and NIL has ruined the sport are also the same ones talking about how many players Archie should cut from the team after the season.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

adam914 wrote: 1 month ago As usual the transfer portal and NIL stuff is being way overblown. We keep hearing things about P5 schools taking our best players, players leaving for NIL, etc etc.

Since the transfer rule change and NIL starting we have lost exactly 1 player to a P5, Ish Leggett. I guess you could count the Mitchell twins in there if you want, but most everyone wanted them gone. Everyone else has either transferred down or isn't even playing anywhere. To my knowledge none of the guys who transferred down did it because they were getting more NIL money.

It's also fascinating to me that so many of the same posters who talk about how the portal and NIL has ruined the sport are also the same ones talking about how many players Archie should cut from the team after the season.
Lost 1 player to P5? What are you talking about?

Fatts to Maryland.

Toppin to Kentucky.

Tyrese to UConn.

All were immediately eligible.
2 x
Go Rhody
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Rhody15 wrote: 1 month ago
adam914 wrote: 1 month ago As usual the transfer portal and NIL stuff is being way overblown. We keep hearing things about P5 schools taking our best players, players leaving for NIL, etc etc.

Fatts to Maryland.

Toppin to Kentucky.

Tyrese to UConn.

Except that wasn’t for NIL money.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Fatts played 4 years here. His eligibility here was up.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 1 month ago

Fatts to Maryland.

Toppin to Kentucky.

Tyrese to UConn.

Except that wasn’t for NIL money.
I didn’t say it was.

He said “since the transfer rule change and NIL starting we have lost exactly one player to a P5”

That is 100% incorrect.
Last edited by Rhody15 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago Fatts played 4 years here. His eligibility here was up.
Could’ve stayed and used the Covid year.
1 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 1 month ago Fatts played 4 years here. His eligibility here was up.
Could’ve stayed and used the Covid year.
Yeah, I keep forgetting about the covid year. But we know that Fatts was a Cox guy, as was Ish. I'm surprised Ish stayed and played 1 year for Archie.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Fatts to Maryland.

Toppin to Kentucky.

Tyrese to UConn.

Fatts played 4 years here, yeah he got the extra covid year, but I don't think that really counts in this situation. Grad transfers were allowed before the rule change to.

As for the others, the transfer rule was changed in April of 2021. Toppin and Martin both announced their transfers in April of 2020, a full year before the rule went in to effect.

Toppin was granted a waiver: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... er-waivers

Tyrese was granted a waiver: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... lay-season

So it is not "100% incorrect".
2 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

I think it is reasonable to assume that number of players that transferred from Rhody would be a lot higher if we had good teams and desirable players.
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

McRam wrote: 1 month ago I think it is reasonable to assume that number of players that transferred from Rhody would be a lot higher if we had good teams and desirable players.
Yeah maybe, but that's kind of my whole point. Blaming the transfer rule changes and NIL for our struggles the last few years doesn't make any sense. We haven't had players good enough for P5 schools to want to take from us. In fact, we'd be even worse then we already are without the transfer rule changes because we'd likely still have a lot of those players that are not desirable and transferred down. We have posts now debating how many guys Archie needs to cut.

This may all change here soon as we do (hopefully) get better players in to the program, but it hasn't been the large issue that its made out to be up to this point.
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

adam914 wrote: 1 month ago
McRam wrote: 1 month ago I think it is reasonable to assume that number of players that transferred from Rhody would be a lot higher if we had good teams and desirable players.
Yeah maybe, but that's kind of my whole point. Blaming the transfer rule changes and NIL for our struggles the last few years doesn't make any sense. We haven't had players good enough for P5 schools to want to take from us. In fact, we'd be even worse then we already are without the transfer rule changes because we'd likely still have a lot of those players that are not desirable and transferred down. We have posts now debating how many guys Archie needs to cut.

This may all change here soon as we do (hopefully) get better players in to the program, but it hasn't been the large issue that its made out to be up to this point.
Moving forward, the NIL bullshit and transfer rules will negatively impact URI for both players that come here and then transfer out to chase money, and our ability to recruit higher-level players when we can't pay them half as much as a P5 school. NIL lets players shop around for money. That previously (at least legally) was not a factor. It's now a huge factor, the biggest factor. And it puts URI and many other schools at a disadvantage, especially those that are not D1 football.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

RI_Bred wrote: 1 month ago

Moving forward, the NIL bullshit and transfer rules will negatively impact URI for both players that come here and then transfer out to chase money, and our ability to recruit higher-level players when we can't pay them half as much as a P5 school. NIL lets players shop around for money. That previously (at least legally) was not a factor. It's now a huge factor, the biggest factor. And it puts URI and many other schools at a disadvantage, especially those that are not D1 football.
Except it's not D1 football. As I've been saying for years, there's the Cartel and then there's everyone else. Unless you're in the Cartel, FBS football means you're just going to lose tons more money than FCS.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Portal window: March 18th - May 1st.
We will see how big of a problem we have then, at least from the point of view of who we lose.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I read these takes, I look at some of the posters, and I laugh.

No one was “OK” with Dan losing and most of the people complaining now were the people wanting Dan fired in February of year 5.

The revisionist history is WILD on this board.

The first 2 years of any coach are an indictment on the guy before. And as I had to post with Hurley, I’m not going to put the sins of the previous coach at the feet of the guy trying to dig us out of the hole.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago I read these takes, I look at some of the posters, and I laugh.

No one was “OK” with Dan losing and most of the people complaining now were the people wanting Dan fired in February of year 5.

The first 2 years of any coach are an indictment on the guy before. And as I had to post with Hurley, I’m not going to put the sins of the previous coach at the feet of the guy trying to dig us out of the hole.
Blue Man, I agree that the first 2 years is still too early to make a judgement call on Archie.

Still, I think most here, including you were expecting more improvement than what we saw this past season.

Remember this past summer we kept going back and forth and you were continuing to double-down that we were going to finish top 6 in 23-24. I know deep down you can't be satisfied with our results.
I wasn't as optimistic and didn't buy into all the hype as much.

But still even with the failures of Cox behind us, we should have expected a little more than our last 2 finishes.
Losing is one thing, but are you happy with the defensive lapses and overall effort that we have seen?
Remember this current roster is 100% on Archie and his staff.

But like I said, I will have a better idea of where this program is going after next season and for now still giving this staff the benefit of the doubt.
0 x
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

No.
he should and he should be.
0 x
:lol:
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RI_Bred wrote: 1 month ago

Again, yeah, maybe. But we've always been at a disadvantage recruiting against P5's. We've also lost some transfers to P5 schools before the transfer rule changes and NIL to.

Like you said, previously they were just doing this illegally instead of through NIL. I'm not sure that's any better. It's not like we've been regularly pulling in P5 recruits and suddenly that pipeline is going to dry up. I wish we could just count on every good player staying for 4 years to, but I've yet to hear a compelling argument for why under the current system a player should not be allowed to transfer without penalty if they want.

The key is to become a good enough program that players will want to actually play for. That doesn't mean we'll never lose a player to a P5, it's inevitable that we will at some point, maybe even this offseason. But to this point I don't think it has negatively impacted us nearly as much as its been made out. Like I said, if anything its actually helped us. We'd be so much worse right now without the immediate transfer rule. That may change in the future, but we'll see. I am also willing to bet that the current transfer/NIL system is not going to stay in its current form for very long, so we don't even know for sure yet how it will affect us in the future.
Last edited by adam914 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Jersey77 wrote: 1 month ago
Blue Man wrote: 1 month ago I read these takes, I look at some of the posters, and I laugh.

Blue Man, I agree that the first 2 years is still too early to make a judgement call on Archie.

Still, I think most here, including you were expecting more improvement than what we saw this past season.

Remember this past summer we kept going back and forth and you were continuing to double-down that we were going to finish top 6 in 23-24. I know deep down you can't be satisfied with our results.
I wasn't as optimistic and didn't buy into all the hype as much.

But still even with the failures of Cox behind us, we should have expected a little more than our last 2 finishes.
Losing is one thing, but are you happy with the defensive lapses and overall effort that we have seen?
Remember this current roster is 100% on Archie and his staff.

But like I said, I will have a better idea of where this program is going after next season and for now still giving this staff the benefit of the doubt.
While I agree that I was "expecting" us to be better - I also understand the reality that we were given. Complete rebuilds take time. It took Dan 3 years before we made a "jump." And maybe people felt like we were building towards something with Dan because we were listless for so long - but for whatever reason people got frustration constipation with Cox and didn't immediately call for his head like they are with Archie.

But to pretend that this board/fanbase was some type of "happy" and "understanding" while Dan was rebuilding is a joke and revisionist history at best.

Some of us saw the writing on the wall early in year 1 with Cox - understanding that having a championship program, 3 all conference players, and the best recruiting class the school had ever seen should've netted out an immediate return to conference leadership and an NCAA birth or two. If you compare Cox years 1-2 with 3-4, you can understand where the Hurley influence wore off.

Better yet, some posters vividly described what Cox was given as a "total rebuild" because it was a coaching change. Yet those same posters are for whatever reason not giving Archie the same benefit - even though the logical fallacy is too great to ignore.

So I'm using that model as a model for my emotions regarding Archie.

Another important distinction I'm making is that Archie isn't an unknown commodity. I've seen it work for Archie. With my own eyes against some significantly better URI teams. Even at IU - he had a squad that was clearly in the field as an at large the Covid year. He then had injury issues the year after.

This season is an amalgamation of the worst things imaginable happening at the same time. Our "best" player, or certainly one of them, missed 1/2 a season of playing with this team, and essentially not playing for a year based on an NCAA technicality that affected us significantly more than other teams who had players be granted waivers.

Our starting center, went down for the whole year early on. His replacement, a stand-out freshman, has also been hurt off and on throughout the course of the year.

Our best defender, has been battling injuries and personal issues that have kept him out of games.

One of our most important players, battled a shoulder injury that rendered him basically ineffective for about 6-7 weeks of the season.

And almost our entire roster outside of that is either experiencing their first season of A10 level basketball (House, Kortright, Montgomery, Green) or first season of D1 basketball (Estevez, Fuchs, Brown, Foumena, Wright).

People are conveniently forgetting that the starting lineup that was recruited to start from day 1 was Kortright, House, Montgomery, Green, Bilau.

We got exactly zero games in with that starting 5.

Because of that, we had to play guys out of position to figure out who was going to fill that 4 spot, and it's tough to play a team focused defense when one position lacks the speed necessary.

Sure, could Archie have abandoned his defense and gone to man? I guess. But for what purpose? to get to 16 wins instead of 12? This wasn't an NCAA team regardless. People complained about Dan in the same way. "WHY WONT HE GET AWAY FROM MAN TO MAN!? HE NEEDS TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS!" etc, etc.

Good coaches stick to their guns. Archie is playing the long game. He's got a system that has shown it can work. He's going to keep running his guys through that system while they build for something. It will pay off in the long run with guys who have played in a consistent system year to year rather than getting jumpy and making changes just to make them to get a couple more wins in a rebuilding effort.

I'm all for complaining, it's what I do best. But the lack of some posters abilities to find the horizon and just nosedive on the coach, while simultaneously pretending they weren't doing the same thing on Dan Hurley at the same time is hilarious.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL